The Story

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“ So when I was in my fourth year of middle school… Jonghyun was a second year in high school I was already questioning, my uality, I mean. I started liking this guy named Jonghyun. For the whole year I watched him from afar, secretly wishing he were questioning too. So when I heard that he had dated this guy names Kibum… or something, I was so excited. I finally built up the courage to ask him out, I was so happy because he said yes, and he said that he liked me too. So for a while we would meet in private… He told me he didn’t want his friends to know yet, that it was a “surprise.” Of course I believed him. He would bring me over to his house, he would have with me repeatedly, and even after I told him I couldn’t do it anymore, when I told him that I was raw and how much it hurt he wouldn’t stop… but he had me convinced that he was the only one who would ever love me. So I just took it. When we were alone he was so sweet he actually acted like he liked me, so I accepted everything he did to me, telling myself it’s okay… He loves me, but one day when I was finally first years… Kibum found out that we were seeing each other; apparently he was still together with Kibum. I… walked in on them in bed together. Apparently I wasn’t the only he had. He slept with tons of people. I felt so stupid. Soon, the rest of the school found out about me and him.. But do you know what he told them? He told them I threw myself at him, forced him to touch me. The whole school tortured me for months… I would get… touched in the hallway… thrash thrown on me… people would call me a , a … any name you can think of. Finally after a year it calmed down, I guess people got bored… but I was left damaged. I… I… I took a lot of pills that year…. More than a lot… So many… and I would have been left to die there in my bathroom. I forgot Kyung was supposed to come over that day, he found me, and he saved me… I was under suicide watch for a couple of months; I still have to go see therapists… I’m still not right, Chanyeol.. I don’t think that I’ll ever be..”

Baekhyun finished his story in tears, his entire body was shaking, he was leaning over with his face between his legs.

Chanyeol pulled him ontop of him, not caring what Baekhyun was wearing and held him tight.

“Baekhyun… Did you really think I would leave you once you told me that? It wasn’t you; you are not the one at fault. You were just in love with the wrong person. It happens to the best of us. I would never, ever see you differently because of that.”

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol, crying into his chest, He couldn’t help it. When he thought about what Jonghyun did he couldn’t help himself, emotions just poured out.

“Chan… You wouldn’t do that to me… right? I don’t think I can do that a second time..”

Chanyeol shook his head, and Baekhyun’s hair,” I would never, Baek. You deserve so much better than that. I will do everything in my power to protect you. I’m glad you survived Baek, I’m glad you’re here for me now.”

Baekhyun smiled through his tears, clutching Chanyeol’s hand.