NOPE

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“Baekhyun? Oh.. ah hey..” Chanyeol chuckled awkwardly.

“What do you want Chanyeol…” The hurt in Baekhyun’s voice crushed him, this isn’t how he wanted to leave Baekhyun this isn’t what he wanted at all.

“Can we… talk? I need to explain some things to you.”

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol skeptically, before nodding and opening the door wider to let him in.

Chanyeol stepped inside and followed Baekhyun into the living room.

Kyungsoo was there along with Sehun watching cartoons.

“Hey Baek did you tell him to go aw-“ Kyungsoo turned his head ang gasped,” YOU LET HIM IN?!”

“Kyung, Sehun, can you give me and Chanyeol a second to talk? Alone…”

Kyung huffed, “Fine! Come on Sehun.” Kyungsoo pulled Sehun out of the room with him.

“Um… Sit..” Baekhyun said, motioning for Chanyeol to sit. Chanyeol nodded and took a seat next to Baekhyun.

“So what is it?”

“I… need to apologize to you.. For how I acted this week..”

Baekhyun gave a sad smile,” It’s okay. It was my fault, I must have done something to upset you.”

Chanyeol groaned and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, interlocking their fingers.

“It isn’t like that Baekkie. The problem was me. I… playing a game called the catching game and I choose someone at my school to mess with their feelings.. fall in love with me… then I crush them. I was a terrible person.. I still am.. and once I heard what happened with Jonghyun, I felt like an even worse person.”

Baekhyun gave a sorrowful laugh and pulled his hand away from Chanyeol’s, refusing to look at him,” So I was a game, this whole thing was a game to you, then you pitied me, so you decided “Let me not try to crush this boys feelings, today.”

Chanyeol shook his head and grasped Baekhyun’s hand again, only tighter.

“No! Well… at first you were apart of the game but… I lost… I lost the game because… I realized that I liked you, Byun Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun looked up and Chanyeol, shocked. Had he just really said that? Chanyeol… likes him?

“Then, why? Why were you so awful to me?!” Baekhyun’s eyes stung with tears.

“Because I’m not a good person… I’m not good for you. I wanted you to hate me so that you wouldn’t be hurt by me in the future.. and because well… there are some things about me that you don’t know…. And I was afraid that if I let myself get close to you then once you found out you’d be disgusted with me, terrified of me… and I don’t want that.. So.. will you forgive me?”

“I… I don’t know Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol sighed and nodded,” I understand.” Chanyeol stood to leave, but Baekhyun grabbed his jacket, holding him in place.

“Ask me on a date, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol choked on air and coughed before looking wildly down at Baekhyun.

“You want me to ask you on a date?”

Baekhyun nodded,” If you like me.. If you really like me you should be able to ask me on a date, right?”

Chanyeol laughed before taking both of Baekhyun’s hands into his.

“You want to go on a date with me? So you forgive me?”

Baekhyun snorted and shook his head,” I don’t forgive you yet, ask me on a date, and if I like it… If I like you… then I’ll forgive you.”

“baekkie.. will you go on a date with me?”

Baekhyun laughed and quickly stood up,” Of course not!”