Hyung

Catching Byun Baekhyun

"So that's it? That's what he said?" Jongin was laying on his back phone in hand, replying to Kyungsoo's text message. Chanyeol nodded, he officially had nothing to say.
"He seemed so serious do you think... Like can you work it out?" Jongin had flipped over onto his stomach and was now looking at Chanyeol who was laying on the floor across from him. Chanyeol shrugged and sighed," I really messed up, Jongin. He isn't going to take me back this time. I just never realized how much I hurt him. Especially the times when I just wanted to help him.. I don't think I've ever loved someone this much."
Jongin nodded," I don't think it is forever. I see the way he looks at you in the hall when your not looking, Kyungsoo catches him reading your saved messages on his phone during lunch. Bake is in love with you, he can say he will forget you now but when he loves you that much and you stay persistent with wanting to get him back then it will happen just give it time."
"He told me to leave him alone..."
"That doesn't mean he necessarily wants you to stay away. He was angry, like I said just give it time."
"He tried to tell me... He tried to tell me that we should talk and I didn't listen! But after what happened with Krystal... I just can't trust anyone. Baekhyun scares me."
"Scares you?"
"I've never wanted to keep someone so much... The fact that I drove him away with my fear of loving him kills me.."
"So tell him. Tell him why you do what you do. He deserves to know, and it might help you guys. We really hate to see you guys like this you know.."
"I know... I hate it too."
"So just try talking to him."
-
The next day Chanyeol came prepared to talk to Baekhyun. He'd rehearsed what he was going to say and he was ready. Baekhyun finally walked into the classroom with Kyungsoo and sat down in front of Chanyeol without a word.
"Baekhyun." Chanyeol said leaning forward.
"What." Chanyeol flinched slightly at the tone of his voice," Er... Can we talk later?"
Baekhyun didn't answer, he just leaned down and began to pull his notebook out.
"Baek?... Baekhyun? Hey, Baek..." 
Baekhyun forcefully shoved his books back into his bag, heading to the empty seat all the way across the room. Chanyeol wouldn't allow himself to cry. He laid his head down and tried to pretend like his heart didn't hurt. He never lifted his head up, even once the lesson started and it was beginning to anger Mr. Kim.
" Park Chanyeol. Raise your head. Don"t you dare sleep in my class." Mr. Kim barked, waving around a piece of chalk. Chanyeol hadn't moved. Jongin nudged him with his arm.
"HEY, PARK CHANYEOL." 
Chanyeol shot up out of his chair in anger so hard that it screeched and hit the ground with a clank. The whole room was focused on him. He wasn't in the mood to argue with Mr. Kim today, and he needed to get away, so he picked up his backpack and began to head out the door.
"Chanyeol if you leave this room I'll be forced to inform the principal about this."
Chanyeol wasn't listening, he pushed past Mr. Kim, almost knocking him over in the process and left the room.
-
Chanyeol went looking for Baekhyun later that day after lunch, after failing to see him in the lunch room, he saw him sitting by a tree and smiled. He had begun walking towards them but stopped and his when he saw a 2nd year walking towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun, clearly confused got up and bowed to the 2nd year.
"Hi... My name is Taehyung.." The orange haired boy said to him.
"Hi.. I,m Baekhyun. Nice to meet you but... Can I help you?.." Baekhyun asked awkwardly.
The boy took a breath and blurted out,"Hyung, I like you!!"