Therapy

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“Baek, honey, hurry up! You’re going to be late for your appointment.”

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Baekhyun rushed down the stairs.

“Baek.. Can’t you wear something more… appropriate for going to the therapy office.”

Baekhyun looked down at his skinny jeans, ripped blue hoodie and ruffled his hair,” It’s fine mom, Joonmyeon said it is better if I come comfortably.” Baekhyun kissed his mother on the cheek, “Bye, mom!”

“Byun Baekhyun! His name is Mr. Kim, be respectful! I love you, honey!” Mrs. Byun yelled after Baek as he exited the door.

 

--

 

“I’m glad you’ve decided to come see me this week, Baekhyun. You’ve been skipping your appointments lately.” Mr. Kim said, crossing his legs.

Baekhyun sighed and slumped into his chair,” It’s nothing personal, Joon. I’ve just been fine the last few weeks, but something… happened this week… This new guy, Chanyeol.”

Mr.Kim straightened up and smiled at Baekhyun,” So tell me about this… Chanyeol, was it? Do you like him?!”

Baekhyun snorted and crossed his arms,” No, he’s a total jerk! With a nice body… and a gorgeous smile… and he’s super tall and his hair is so fluffy and soft and his arms are so strong, and his eyes are such a beautiful shade of brown…” Baekhyun continued on explaining all of Chanyeol’s good features, he looked over at Mr.Kim and blushed instantly realizing what he was saying.

“Soooooo… You like him then?”

Baekhyun sighed and whined, ruffling his hair, “Yes! OKAY. YES. I LIKE HIM!”

Mr. Kim laughed and shrugged his shoulders playfully, “So what’s the problem?”

Baekhyun gave and awkward laugh and smiled,” For a while he acted like he liked me too, He called me Baekkie, he walked me to school, but around his friends he’s different… He acts like a jerk, He even sprained my wrist.” Baekhyun held up his braced wrist.

Mr. Kim thought for a moment and leaned forward suddenly getting serious.

“Baekhyun, if he is hurting you, you can talk to me. Has he done anything else? Does he hit you?”

Baekhyun held up his hands, “It isn’t like that. If we want to go there I actually hit him… but it was an accident, my wrist was.”

Mr.Kim let out a relieved breath and sat back. “Baekhyun still, I don’t believe that you should get mixed up with this guy.”

Baekhyun frowned, “You don’t have to worry, Joon. That’s why I’m here, because he alreay tossed me to the side. After a few days.”

Mr.Kim sighed and patted Baekhyun’s knee,” Baekhyun, all these abusive guys in your life aren’t good for you. Find a guy that won’t manipulate you.”

Baekhyun gave another sad smile, “Thanks, Joon. See you Wednesday?”

Mr. Kim smiled, “Yes, sir. See you Wednesday.”

 

--

 

The next morning Baekhyun laid his head down on his desk. He had dreaded coming to school today, seeing Chanyeol today… He groaned to himself and banged his head against his desk.

“I see you’re having a good morning.” Kyungsoo teased, taking his seat next to Baekhyun.

“Yeah you know… Byun Baekhyun number one life enjoyer.”

Kyungsoo laughed, but abruptly stopped as soon as Chanyeol entered the room.

“Baek…” Kyungsoo nudged, Baekhyun lifted his head.

Crap… I forgot he was in this class… Should I try to talk to him?

“Er… Hi, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun and laughed awfully.

“Don’t talk to me, we aren’t friends.” Chanyeol, kicked Baekhyun’s chair out from under him, sending him tumbling to the floor. Chanyeol took his seat at the desk behind Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s, while Kyungsoo stood with his mouth hung open, helping Baekhyun up.

I’m sorry Baekkie… This is for you. Just hate me, It is easier for you that way..