Only You

Catching Byun Baekhyun

Chanyeol looked around the music store, he couldn’t see Baekhyun anywhere, He began to panic, “Baek? Baekhyun!”

He called out, continuing to scan the crowd in search of Baekhyun’s face. He forcefully pushed through clingy girls and out the door, to see Baekhyun running away.

“Baekhyun!”

Chanyeol ran after Baekhyun, concerned of what he could have done to receive this reaction from Baek.

Chanyeol caught up toBaek once they had entered a secluded street, not many people walked there but there were little tiny market stands set up.

“Baek what’s wrong? What’d I do?! I’m sorry, whatever it is.”

Baekhyun fell to the ground hyperventilating and clutching his knees.

“Baek! Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun out.

 

--

 

Baekhyun woke up a couple hours later in his room, his head hurt, his head really hurt, and he couldn’t remember how he got back home.

“Mrs. Byun I don’t understand what happened?...” Chanyeol sounded worried.

Is he talking to my mom?

“Well… something must have happened that over whelmed him. When he is feeling trapped, scared, or overly insecure he runs away from the problems, if he can’t get away fast enough his body shuts down, he’ll start hyperventilating, and he will faint, usually Kyungsoo or Sehun are there when that happens, so I’m glad you were..”

It was silent for a moment.

“You go lay down, Mrs. Byun. You’re worried right? I’ll take care of him.”

There were footsteps leading away from his door, Chanyeol tuned the knob and came in.

“Oh, Baekkie, you’re awake.”

Chanyeol was surprisingly calm; he walked over and sat next to Baekhyun on his bed.

“I’m.. Sorry.”

“You’re always apologizing, Baekhyun. It isn’t your fault.”

“But I ruined our date…”

Chanyeol smiled and Baekhyun’s hair,” We can go on another date, Baekkie. I’m just glad you’re okay. You scared me.”

“I know.” Baekhyun hung his head in shame.

“Baek… What happened?”

Baekhyun sighed and rubbed his neck,” I… was so happy when you played the guitar for me, but then other girls started to come, and I got cocky, cause in my head all I could think was he’s mine.”

Chanyeol smiled,” So what was the problem?”

“The thought of “he’s mine” was soon replaced by… actually he isn’t mine… he could leave me at any moment. I got scared when I looked around and saw all those pretty girls. You could fall for one of them and leave me.. I got insecure about myself… So I ran away.. I couldn’t take it, it hurt feeling like I wasn’t good enough for you want to stay with me.”

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol pulled him into his arms.” Even if we were in a room full of models, I would only see you, because I only want to see you.”

Chanyeol snicked,” That and I’m soooo gay.”

Chanyeol flipped his hair,” Like.. Super duper homoual.”

Baekhyun laughed.

“And by the way I AM yours. We may not be dating, but I like you, Baekkie. Only you.”