Baekkie, huh?

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“Honey? You’re going to school today?” Mrs. Byun said slipping her shoes on by the door with her son.

“Yeah.” Beakhyun smiled,” I’m feeling a lot better today.”

“Aww I’m so glad that you’re feeling better! Have a good day sweetheart.” His mother said opening the door, only to be greeted by a shivering Chanyeol.

“Ah hello, Mrs. Byun,” Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun and gave a loving smile,” Hey Baekkie.”

“Chanyeol. I haven’t seen you for a while, are you here to my Baek?” Mrs. Byun gave the same squinted smile as Baekhyun.

“Yes ma’am.”

Mrs. Byun cleared and squeezed past Chanyeol, “Well.. You boys be safe.”

Baekkie? Mrs. Byun mouthed over Channyeol’s shoulder.

GO TO WORK Baekhyun mouthed back to her.

She winked and went to get in her car.

Baekhyun shook his head and smiled up at Chanyeol, “What are you doing here, Chanyeol?”

“I came to pick up my special guy, duhh.” Chanyeol said, rolling his eyes playfully.

“You’re corny.”

“I know.” Chanyeol held out his arm for Chanyeol to take,” Shall we?”

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol’s arm and scrunched up his eyebrows.

“If we walk to school arm in arm… won’t people talk. I mean you weren’t exactly enthusiastic about being seen with me before.” Baekhyun pointed to his wrist.

Chanyeol frowned and placed Baekhyun’s arm in his, “That was a part of the game, Baekhyun. Game’s over, rules don’t matter anymore, I already lost.” Chanyeol began walking with Baekhyun,” As soon as I started falling for the opponent.”

Baekhyun chuckled and tightened his grip on Chanyeol’s arm, hesitating on if he should put his head on Chanyeol’s arm or not.

“You can lean on me… You know if you want too.” Chanyeol coughed awkwardly and blushed.

Baekhyun laughed and snuggled into Chanyeol’s arm. Chanyeol let out a happy sigh and relaxed into Baekhyun’s touch.

“What if you lose my game?” baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol shot Baekhyun his biggest pouty face,” You’d really say no to a date with me, for real?”

Baekhyun half shrugged,” I might.”

Chanyeol kicked up the dirt like he was throwing a tantrum and Baekhyun laughed.

He’s actually pretty cute when he isn’t being a complete jerk…

 

--

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol made it to the gates arm and arm to meet a waiting, frustrated Kyungsoo and a depressed looking Sehun.

“BAEKHYUN! I texted you like three times why didn’t you ans- Ohhhh..” Kyungsoo stopped once he noticed Chanyeol.

“I see so your BOYFRIEND is more important than your best friends now?” Baekhyun turned beet red and playfully pushed Kyungsoo.

“YAH! H-he isn’t my boyfriend!” Baekhyun sputtered.

“You told him I was your boyfriend?” Chanyeol stated smugly.

“NO!” Baekhyun snapped.

“It’s only a matter of time, Byun Baekhyun.” Chanyeol put his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders,” I’ll catch you eventually.”

Thankfully I’ve already been caught.