I Know What You Did

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“Chanyeol we need to talk.” Baekhyun said, stopping him in the hall.

“About what, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol sighed and leaned against the locker.

“About us! Think back to all of the problems we’ve had because of miscommunication. Talk to me Channie, tell me what I did wrong.”

“You seriously don’t know?”

Baekhyun shook his head.

Chanyeol crossed his arms,” I came to visit you at work on Saturday. I saw what you and L.Joe did.”

Baekhyun’s face paled.

“Yeah exactly,” Chanyeol huffed.

“Chanyeol wait I was going to tell you- but I didn’t know how and I knew you’d find out eventually but-“

“That makes it okay? Because You were going to tell me eventually? , Baek. That’s messed up!”

“I had too! For work!”

“All that to keep a job?”

“It was a requirement.. Look, you’re seriously that mad?! It was nothing!”

“Don’t tell me it was nothing!!”

“If I knew it was this big of a deal I wouldn’t have done it!!”

Chanyeol clenched his fist and punched the locker, before taking a few heavy breaths and rolling his shoulders back,” Let’s break up.”

Baekhyun’s confidence he had during the fight faltered and Chanyeol could see it but he quickly held his shoulders up and tried to gain that confidence again,” You know Chanyeol, You always break up with me for your own selfish reasons. Maybe it is good that we are breaking up. I love you, you know that, but this constantly breaking up isn’t good for either of us. So yeah, let’s break up, whatever you want, but know this, I love modeling. It makes me happy and I’d do whatever it takes to continue. So if you can’t understand why I did what I did. Then this isn’t working anyway.”

Baekhyun turned and stormed off without another word.

Chanyeol knows how hard it must have been for Baekhyun to say those words, but Chanyeol needed this, He had officially heard it from Baekhyun that he was cheating, and he didn’t want to deal with constantly worrying about Baekhyun being unfaithful.

-

The next day, Chanyeol didn’t show up to lunch again and Baekhyun was quieter than usual.

“So did you talk to him?” Kyungsoo asked, feeling hopeful that the two made up.

“Yeah.” Baekhyun shrugged.

“…And??”

“We broke up.”

Kyungsoo groaned and face palmed.

“For how long this time?!”

“Honestly, Kyung I think it’s permanent. I told him I mentally can’t take these break ups anymore. This is good for me. I’ll forget Chanyeol. I know I can do it.”

“That isn’t what you want.”

“It’s what I need.

Kyungsoo shook his head,” I hope for your sake that you’re right, Baek.”

Baekhyun didn’t answer and just continued to nibble on his lunch.