Chunji

Catching Byun Baekhyun

Baekhyun’s mother helped him back into the car, notcing his puffy eyes, she asked him naturally what had happened.

“Mom. Can we move? I decided I want to move. I want to forget about Seoul. Lets got to America. Or China. Or Africa for all I care. Just take me away from Korea. I can’t do this anymore.” Baekhyun cried, he was surprisingly calm as he spoke, and that scared his mother.

--

“Chanyeol… Are you sure this is what you want?” Dara asked rubbing his shoulders. They were both now fully dressed.

Chanyeol shook his head,” Of course it isn’t what I want. I want my Baekkie, but this is for him. He needs this.”

“Chanyeol why don’t you just tell him how you feel instead? You both could work something out.”

“It’s too late now, he probably already hates me.”

“How’d you know he’d be here at this time?”

“Of course I knew he got out today, I didn’t visit him or answer his calls for two weeks, I knew the first thing he’d do when he got out was come to see me.”

Dara nodded and sat back on the couch,” I feel really bad you know, he was so sweet about it, how many girls who find out they are their guys side chick take it so well? He even apologized for taking you from me. Shame we aren’t really dating.”

“Thanks for your help, Dara. I know I called my sister asking for help at the last minute.”

“It’s okay darling, I owed your sister a favor anyway. I’d still be living on the streets if she didn’t ask me to model for her.”

“But still thanks.”

“I’m going to go now, I think I’ve done everything I’ve needed too.”

They waved goodbye to each other. Once she was gone Chanyeol laid down on his couch, and began to cry.

--

For the next six weeks, Baekhyun was silent. No one could get him to talk. He became mute. He didn’t smile he didn’t hang out with his friends; he went from school, and to his house. He dropped choir, his teacher unable to give him a grade when he doesn’t sing. Baekhyun ate in silence, walked in silence, even his grades went down, and he was no longer at the top with Kyungsoo. In these six weeks Baekhyun’s limbs healed, once he got his casts off the first thing he did was well… sit around.

Baekhyun wasn’t the only one like this though, Chanyeol would speak, but they would be small, one to two word sentences. He didn’t smile and he’d stopped hanging out with Baekhyun and his friends, he sat at a table alone at lunch, but what Baekhyun didn’t know was that every day that he was trying to fall out of love with Chanyeol, Chanyeol was falling more in love with him. Chanyeol would watch the way Baekhyun would walk, the way Baekhyun would bite his pencil when he was thinking, the way Baekhyun’s uniform fit him, and how good he looked in it. Chanyeol was absolutely infatuated with his ex boyfriend, and he was determined to keep it that way, protecting Baekhyun from afar. Where he can keep Baekhyun safe, without killing him in the process.

--

It was week 7 that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had broken up. Baekhyun was silently eating a cream horn in the cafeteria when a boy came up beside him.

“Hi.” The boy said.

Baekhyun just blinked at him.

“I’m Chunji.”

Baekhyun still said nothing.

Chunji cleared his throat,” There is a party at Leeteuk’s house tonight, you wanna come? With me?”

Baekhyun looked down and took another bite of his cream horn; he seemed to be thinking for a moment then nodded. Chunji smiled and scribbled his number down on Baekhyun’s hand,” Cool. See you there.”

Chanyeol was enraged, how could his Baekhyunnie say yes to that sleazy stranger. Chanyeol paused his thoughts. That’s right, Baekhyun isn’t his anymore, he ruined that.

“Baekhyun what the hell! Do you even know that guy?!” Kyungsoo snapped.

Baekhyun shrugged.

“You’re really starting to piss me off, this you is worse than the one that was hurt by Jonghyun. You aren’t going to that party alone. Jongin, Sehun and I are coming too.”

“I have a date with Luhan…” Sehun added.

“Cancel it, or bring him to the party too. No exceptions.”

Sehun pouted, and nodded.