It isn't like I'm Serious

Catching Byun Baekhyun

Baekhyun woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. He was not excited for the school day. What if Kris was planning something, even worse, what if he couldn’t get rid of Chanyeol. He sighed as he threw the covers off of his body and shivered at the cold air that hit his bare chest. I really should start sleeping with a shirt on, it’s getting colder. After Baekhyun had showered and gotten dressed into his uniform, he quickly glided down the stairs.

“Mom, do you know how to get French dressing out-“ Baekhyun stopped and stared at the person sitting on his couch.

“Chanyeol?! WHAT are you doing here?!” Baekhyun stomped his foot in frustration. Chanyeol got off of the couch and smiled at Baekhyun.

“Good moring, Baekkie. Ready for school?”

“…MOOOM!” Baekhyun ran into the kitchen.

“Mom! Why is HE here? How did he get in?!”

Baekhyun’s mom set a third plate down on the table, probably for Chanyeol. Baekhyun groaned and took the plate off the table and placed it back into the cabinet.

“Oh, that boy? He seems lovely! Is he a new friend of yours? I never see you bring anyone home but Kyungsoo and Sehun.”

“Answer my question, why is he here, in my house, on my couch, watching my television?!”

“He said he was a friend from school and he didn’t want you to have to walk to school alone. He lives in the neighborhood. Byun Baekhyun! Now you know I’m not going to leave a young boy standing outside on the front porch, especially when it is getting cold.” Mrs. Byun took the plate back out of the cabinet and set it back on the table.

“Whatever, but he is NOT staying for breakfast. We are leaving.”

Baekhyun hugged his mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Bye honey, be safe on your way to school.”

Baekhyun walked into his living room to find Chanyeol standing directly next to the kitchen door, startling him a bit.

“Were you talking about me, Baekkie?” Chanyeol carried out Baekhyun’s nickname and it made his heart jump.

“More like complaining about you, let’s go.”

--

Baekhyun and Chanyeol neared the gates of school. “Yo, Chan! Over here.”

Chanyeol looked over to see Jongin waving his hands. “I’ll catch you later, Baekhyun, Bye!”

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol run over to JongIn before heading through the gates to meet Kyungsoo.

“Hey, Jongin, what’s up?”

“I’ve been waiting for you, that’s what’s up. Where’ve you been?”

“I had something I had to take care of.”

Jongin looked in the direction of Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s eyes followed his gaze.

“Byun Baekhyun? Seriously Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol smiled. “I’m just having some fun with him. “ Chanyeol clicked his tongue and then turned back to Jongin.

“It isn’t like I’m serious.”