Chapter 79

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 79 - The Sound of Betrayal

♡♥♡

"Wook," Sungmin calls his best friend's name before the latter can exit the classroom. Ryeowook turns to him but he doesn't speak. "Can we talk-"

"Aren't you talking to me already? And sorry, I don't want to talk to you, if you're going to explain or whatnot, I don't care. One thing is for sure," Ryeowook clenches his fist. "I was betrayed by my best friend."

Ryeowook turns around and exits the classroom. Meanwhile, Sungmin sits back on his seat as he sighs.

Ever since Ryeowook saw them, they never talked. Kyuhyun also told him to give Ryeowook time to think before gathering courage to talk and explain. Sungmin had no choice but to wait until he could finally approach Ryeowook, however, he could not because he never went with him during classes. Who would after everything?

Kyuhyun seems to know what is going on that Sungmin's phone rings, and it shows Kyuhyun's name. He answers it. "Hello..."

"You seem sad and tired. What's wrong?" Kyuhyun asks from the other line. "Is it about Ryeowook again?"

"I tried to talk to him, but... he's still angry. It's already about two weeks," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. "I betrayed him, Kyuhyun."

"We love each other. If he sees it as betrayal then I don't think he's your best friend," Kyuhyun says as a matter of factly.

"Ryeowook is my best friend! Maybe it's just not yet the time," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. However, he remembers that in two weeks, they would graduate and Ryeowook's flight is on the night after graduation. He might not be able to apologize to him properly. "But when is the right time?"

"We'll think of a way, Sungmin. We'll think of a proper time," Kyuhyun assures. "Anyway, I'm going to fetch you later at school. When are you going out?"

"Uh, I don't think it's a good idea, Kyuhyun," Sungmin sits on his chair. "If Ryeowook sees us then..."

"We are not going to hide anymore, right, Sungmin?"

***

Sungmin finds Kyuhyun outside his school after his classes. He sees him sitting on a bench near the gate. He approaches him and greets him. "You really went to wait for me here. Did your class end too soon?"

Kyuhyun stands and kisses Sungmin's forehead. "Yeah. We were actually given a free cut by the teacher."

Sungmin nods in acknowledgement. "Is your foot healed now?" Sungmin asks as he looks at Kyuhyun's foot.

Kyuhyun swings it foreward and backward and stomps hard on the ground. "Better than before," Kyuhyun replies and holds Sungmin's hand. "Let's go?"

Sungmin smiles and walks with Kyuhyun. When they start to walk away, they see Ryeowook going toward their direction and sees both of them as well. When he realizes that Ryeowook has his eyes focused on their hands, Sungmin tries to pull his hand from Kyuhyun immediately, however Kyuhyun holds him tighter.

"Ryeowook, I-"

"I see how it is. You don't need to explain," Ryeowook says sarcastically. "You've been doing that behind my back even before. I bet you are also laughing behind my back because you know Kyuhyun likes you even during the time he is dating me."

"We broke up because of you," Kyuhyun discloses and Sungmin looks at him impliedly asking him to stop saying anything, but Kyuhyun continues, "Sungmin loves you very much that he is willing to sacrifice his happiness for you."

Ryeowook freezes for a second but after a while, he speaks again. "You broke up. That means, I was just a rebound. Isn't it that worse?" He walks away from the two after that. Sungmin sighs as he watches Ryeowook until he is completely gone.

"We will never have his forgiveness, Kyuhyun," Sungmin whispers, enough for Kyuhyun to hear it.

Kyuhyun squeezes his hand and holds his shoulder with the other free hand as he turns Sungmin facing him. "I believe that he will forgive us. I will try to explain to him again. For now, I want us to spend the rest of the weeks that we will spend together before I go to Harvard."

Sungmin pouts. "You're making me sadder."

Kyuhyun smiles and pats Sungmin's temple. "Don't be sad. We'll create happy memories only, right?"

Sungmin nods in response.

***

Kyuhyun takes Sungmin home after that.

"You don't want to stay over for dinner or something?" Sungmin asks Kyuhyun who opens the gate for him. "Not that I'm inviting you or something. You can go if you have things to do-"

"I am actually entering your gate first," Kyuhyun grins and enters the gate as he says. Sungmin curiously furrows his eyebrows as he enters the gate as well. "I was invited to stay here until my departure to Harvard."

"W-What!?" Sungmin almost drops his jaw. "Y-You can't be serious!"

"Welcome Kyuhyun!" Sungmin's mom welcomes them. "You look surprised, Sungmin?"

"Y-You know all of this!?" Sungmin looks unbelievingly at Kyuhyun then to his mother. "Mom? You know that he's going to stay here until his departure to Harvard?"

"Well, your Dad wants to monitor his pre-studies and he wants to tutor him. You know your father. He can't risk his name for anyone, but don't take it offesnively Kyuhyun. You know that we are proud and we know that you can make it through," Mrs. Lee explains to Kyuhyun who just smiles and nods.

"Of course, Mrs. Lee. I will definitely do my best to become a lawyer and once I graduate law school, I will come back and work at Uncle's firm," Kyuhyun promises. Mrs. Lee is pleased enough so she just nods and asks them both to enter.

When Sungmin's mother already enters the house, Sungmin nudges him and Kyuhyun looks at his boyfriend. "What?"

"You called my Dad, 'Uncle?'" Sungmin questions him with an evident curiosity (and giddiness) in his face. "And how come you didn't tell me about this!?"

"You don't like us living together even for about two or three weeks or so?" Kyuhyun asks back. "Okay then, I'll just-"

Sungmin pulls Kyuhyun's arm when he is about to turn and exit the gate again. "No... of course... I would like you to stay here until you finally leave. It's just that... I was surprised."

Kyuhyun quickly presses his lips on Sungmin's who is in turn freezes in Kyuhyun's sudden action. "We can still steal some kisses like this."

"Cho Kyuhyun!" Sungmin scolds and hits Kyuhyun's arm as he blushes in embarrassment. "Y-You're dead if they see you do that-"

"I already saw it, so don't worry!" It is a voice from someone in the balcony. Sungmin and Kyuhyun look at Sungjin who is watching over them from the second floor. "Kyuhyun hyung! I need you to promise me two things so that I won't tell anyone - although I know they already know. Can I trust you?"

Kyuhyun answers, "Yes, of course!"

"I need you to promise me that I will get to keep my room for myself," Sungjin asks. Kyuhyun smirks, then he chuckles softly. Sungmin furrows his eyebrows as he nudges him again, but Kyuhyun continues laughing loudly. "I think you agree with that!"

"Of course not, Sungjin! We will not stay in one room together-"

"Okay, I understand!" Kyuhyun replies as he calms himself. Sungmin hits Kyuhyun playfully. "Yah! Cho Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin. "It doesn't mean we're sleeping in one room, right?" Kyuhyun winks. "What are you thinking? I can always sleep at the living room."

"It's as if I will let you sleep there," Sungmin looks away.

"Then... I guess, I have no choice," Kyuhyun says and smirks at Sungmin who is not a bit pleased - his face looks so but his heart is more than pleased. He and Kyuhyun are now staring at each other however, Sungjin cuts them.

"Also," Sungjin catches their attention. "Kyuhyun hyung. Please always take care of my hyung. Love him with all your heart okay? I will be also a better man for Sulli in the future, so I need you to be a better man for my hyung, alright?"

Kyuhyun looks at Sungjin then back to Sungmin and keeps his serious stare at his boyfriend. "I promise. I will love him and I will be a better man for him."

After a few minutes, Sungjin speaks again. "Very well then. I am very happy for the both of you, Sungmin hyung, Kyuhyun hyung."

***

"You're a bit biased for tutoring Kyuhyun. I am sure he's better than me?" Sungmin whines at his Dad who just came home fifteen minutes ago. They are currently in the dining room enjoying Mrs. Lee's congratulatory dinner for both of them. Sungmin didn't get to celebrate his entrance to the law school because he didn't want to, so his parents didn't throw any party. They knew that he and Kyuhyun broke up and no one talked to Sungmin about that except Sungjin. However, they were happy when they got back together.

"I know that Kyuhyun's going to do well," Mr. Lee says. "However, you also need to know that Kyuhyun is going to a law school that is outside this country. He might enounter a lot of-"

"Okay, Dad. I know it now," Sungmin cuts his father's sentence. "Kyuhyun needs more lectures than me."

"Obviously you're jealous, honey," Sungmin's mom says as he laughs. "Don't worry. Kyuhyun can always tutor you. Right, Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun nods excitedly. "Yup, Auntie. It's our final examinations next week so I guess we need to really study together."

"I can study all by myself," Sungmin pouts and crosses his arms as he turns away from the others. The others laugh but Sungmin pretends that he doesn't care. After a while when everyone has decided to settle down, Sungmin asks. "What's with Kyuhyun addressing you Uncle and Auntie? It sounds weird."

"Would you mind if he calls us Mom and Dad too?" Mr. Lee asks. Mrs. Lee laughs when she sees Sungmin's sudden change of expression. "If you care that much then you wouldn't mind the former."

Sungmin sighs. "It's as if you planned this without me. I am beginning to have doubts if I am really your son, or Kyuhyun." He stands and speaks again. "Thanks for the food. I am already full. Excuse me." Sungmin leaves and goes straight upstairs to his room.

***

Kyuhyun takes his luggages upstairs all by himself. Even though Sungjin would want to help, he told him that he could do it so the younger didn't insist.

Kyuhyun finds Sungmin's room locked so he knocks first. "Sungmin?" Sungmin opens the door after several knocks but he lets Kyuhyun put his luggages inside the room and close the door. Sungmin sits on the study table pretending that he is studying. "You seem upset."

"Who wouldn't feel upset if everyone in your family and your boyfriend is keeping a secret from you?" Sungmin asks back as he flips the pages of his book that he almost rips off some of its pages. "How long have you been keeping this?"

"Just... for a month? Or maybe two. I don't know. Since January?" Kyuhyun isn't sure how to answer so he earns an irritating sigh from Sungmin who shakes his head in disbelief as well. "Min, I know you were not informed. Actually, I agreed because I thought that you would love to be surprised. And besides, I thought that we will not break up or something. Your parents were actually worried when I told your father that we broke up and that I wanted to study abroad and work somewhere else to forget you. Your father wanted me to decide if I would actually stay for two weeks under his supervision but as a father, he also wanted to prioritize you and your feelings. But because we're back together, I guess there's something wrong."

Sungmin closes the book and faces Kyuhyun while still sitting at his study table. He sighs again, this time, it's a sigh of defeat. He looks at Kyuhyun, rather intently, as he speaks, "Fine. It's not that I do not want you here. Heaven knows I want you to stay here with me forever. If only you would not go to Harvard to get your degree. I was just upset because no one told me about this, even you. I just felt... disappointed."

Kyuhyun approaches Sungmin and puts his hands on his shoulders. "Don't be. Just be happy because we are going to be together for two weeks or so. I can take care of you, help you with everything that I can, and support you in any way that I can."

Sungmin stands and embraces Kyuhyun tightly. The latter hugs him back as well. "Although I feel sad about you leaving, four years is just a short time. I can wait for you and I will wait for you, okay?"

Kyuhyun pulls himself back and kisses Sungmin. "I know you would. If you can, please do visit me."

"Do me a favor, Kyuhyun," Sungmin holds Kyuhyun's face and for the second time, he initiates the kiss. After a long, sweet kiss, Sungmin continues, "Please sing a lullaby for me."

***

"Good morning," Kyuhyun greets Sungmin who just wakes up. Sungmin scratches his eyes as he almost forgets that Kyuhyun is in his room. "Rise and shine. We are going to be late from school."

Kyuhyun has already packed his mattress and pillows. Yes, they preferred to sleep on different beds. It would not be alright if Sungmin's parents would see them cuddling in one bed. Kyuhyun did him a favor though - he sang a lullaby - and it was more than enough for Sungmin to get enough sleep. "What time is it?"

"Eight in the morning."

"W-What!?" Panic develops in Sungmin that his drowsiness goes away and he immediately jumps out of his bed to get his uniform. "W-Why didn't you say so!? I will be late! My class is at-" Sungmin slowly calms down and turns to Kyuhyun who is laughing. "S-Seriously!?" Sungmin then realizes that it is a weekend and there are no classes. "Damn it! You fooled me."

"You're so cute in your bed hair actually. And just like before, your saliva is dripping down your mouth," Kyuhyun tells Sungmin who immediately becomes embarrassed that he throws pillows on Kyuhyun. "H-hey!"

"You're not funny and I am embarrassed! I hate you!" Sungmin yells as he continues to throw pillows to Kyuhyun. "I hate you Cho Kyuhyun!"

"It's definitely not what I heard from you last night while you were falling asleep and when Donghae asked you," Kyuhyun smirks as Sungmin stops. "You were sleeptalking and you were saying, 'I love you so much Cho Kyuhyun!'"

"Yah! I didn't say that!" Sungmin says in defense. "I would never sleeptalk!"

"Whatever, Lee Sungmin," Kyuhyun says. "Anyway, let's go downstairs and eat breakfast. We'll have to go somewhere."

***

"Mom, Dad, I've been a bad son for not visiting your grave for a very long time. I know you would forgive me. But to make you happy, I brought with me someone who is very dear to me," Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin who looks back at him, then he looks back on the grave. "Mom, Dad, this is Sungmin. The one I've been talking to you about? Yes, I finally took him here. Hope you like him."

Sungmin doesn't know what to do, so he just pays respect for the dead and then he bows. "Hello, I am Lee Sungmin. Hope I was able to meet you."

"Mom, Dad... Sungmin's the person I want to introduce to you a long time ago, but he has to test me first before- ouch!" Kyuhyun exclaims when Sungmin pinches his side. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin with a judging face. "It was true, right? You had a crush on me ever since we became good friends."

"Excuse me!? No way," Sungmin denies. Kyuhyun just stares at him so he gives up. "Fine. I had crush on Kyuhyun during our time in the Philippines. Or maybe before that, or I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter anymore."

"Mom, Dad, if you may, can I ask something? Can you answer me through a sign?" Kyuhyun asks. "Is Sungmin in love with me?"

"What kind of question was that?" Sungmin asks Kyuhyun.

"A close ended question."

"Satirical."

"If he loves me, then he has to kiss me in front of you," Kyuhyun says.

Sungmin blushes. "Yah! You're such a fool!"

"Fool who loves you dearly," Kyuhyun says. "If he doesn't then he does not love me."

"Cho Kyuhyun!" Sungmin scolds. His face is redder and his ears are also redder. "I can't take the embarrassment."

"Mom, Dad, if he does love me, I will make him the happiest person alive. I will cherish him, love him with all my heart, even if it takes my life. I am willing to risk my life for this person. I want your blessing, Dad, Mom," Kyuhyun then turns to Sungmin who looks at him in the eye. "Lee Sungmin, allow me to give you the happiness that you deserve. And I hope you give yourself a chance to say that you love me too."

"Although you embarrass me in front of your parents, of course... you know my answer to that," Sungmin holds Kyuhyun's face and pulls him into a kiss. A long, sweet kiss that feels brand new yet still magical. Kyuhyun kisses him back carefully. When they end the kiss, Sungmin looks at him in the eyes. "Cho Kyuhyun, I've never made a promise this valuable as my promise to you but... please... allow me to wait for you. Allow me to look only at you. Allow me to love you. Cho Kyuhyun, I really, really thank you for coming into my life. I love you."

Kyuhyun is so overjoyed that he hugs Sungmin tightly. "It's my first time to hear that from you, how awesome!"

"I-I thought you heard me sleeptalking?" Sungmin pulls himself away from Kyuhyun.

"Fooled you," Kyuhyun winks.

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun!"

***

She puts on her sunglasses and turns to the taller man who is also wearing sunglasses. The two are obviously not enjoying their view, nevertheless, they still observe.

"Are you not going to take back what's yours, and am I not going to take what's mine?"

The taller man purses his lips tightly as he looks at the couple who seem very happy. "They seem so romantic. I want to tear him apart. And of course, I have to get what's mine."

"We used to be that kind of romantic, don't you think, Jungwook?"

The taller man smirks. "Things change, huh. You were head over heels me before. Now, you want me to go and take him?"

"I've always been fond of you, Jungwook," the woman caresses his face carefully. "But Kyuhyun's far more important to me right now. He ruined my life in one night. But I still want him for myself. It's either losing you or him losing that bastard who stole both of you away from me. Either way, I can get my revenge from both of them."

Jungwook grimaces. "You're learning, Luisa." Jungwook gets a cigarette and lights one. He puffs the smoke and blows the unnecessary scent away. "I've been in the jail for a very long time because of that Kyuhyun. Too bad for him, I'm too good for that jail."

"Geez, this ," Luisa comments. "This for both of them."

"Indeed. All we need is just one ace that would make everything more complicated. But now is only the time to talk to him, Luisa."

"Leave that to me," Luisa says.

***

"So that time when you were not contacting me... that was the time when you last visited your parents' grave? When you had a time with Jino after you have found him?" Sungmin asks Kyuhyun.

They are currently on their way back. They decide to visit Ryeowook and again, to explain and apologize. If it needs to take them a week or two to try, they will still do it. "Yes, it was then."

"I think your parents were happy that time," Sungmin smiles.

After ten minutes of walk from the bus station, they arrive at Ryeowook's apartment. In front of the door, Sungmin tries to calm himself. When they send the signal to each other, Kyuhyun knocks, however, there is no one answering. After a while, Donghae and Hyukjae see them.

"You're looking for Ryeowook? Actually we saw him talking to Luisa at nearby restaurant," Donghae answers.

"Eh? Luisa? What is she doing with Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asks Donghae.

"They seem - well Luisa seems - close to him," Hyukjae answers. "Next time you know, she'll be Ryeowook's best friend-"

"Yah!" Donghae hits him hard. "Don't talk to Sungmin like that."

Sungmin forces a smile. "No, it's okay. We'll just go back later."

"Before I forget, why are you together?" Kyuhyun asks curiously. "Are you dating?"

"No! Not that crap," Donghae says. "This monkey has been following me everywhere. I am so tired of him!"

"You still need me though," Hyukjae says as taps Donghae's shoulder.

Donghae rolls his eyes. "No, I don't and I will never."

"It's nice seeing you in good terms, at least," Sungmin smiles at both of them. "Anyway, we will go now. If you happen to see Ryeowook when he comes back, please tell him that we come by."

"You're still not in good terms, are you?" Hyukjae asks. "When Ryeowook asked us and he learned that we were in favor of both of you ending up together, he said that he didn't expect that we would just give you up like that. He was also upset when he learned that we already knew beforehand. He ended up not talking to either Donghae and I. If I were you, I would just let him."

"Maybe we should trust him," Kyuhyun comments as he squeezes Sungmin's shoulder. Sungmin looks at him with a thrifty smie.

***

Luisa mixes her hot tea as she waits for Ryeowook's comment or anything. When she hears nothing, she takes the cup and drinks it as she looks at Ryeowook who is just staring at her. She sips some tea and puts the cup back to the saucer. "How are you now?"

Ryeowook's eyebrows furrow in that question. "What do you mean? And why are you even asking me that?"

"Well," Luisa crosses her arms over her chest as she leans on the table. "I heard that Kyuhyun is already dating someone else. So I am asking how are you feeling?"

Ryeowook smirks as he finally drinks from a glass of water that he requested. "You should not ask that anymore, if you already know the answer," he says after putting the glass back on the table.

Luisa relaxes her arms and puts them on her lap instead. "I want to hear directly from you."

"Since when have you been concerned?" Ryeowook asks again. This time, he straightens his back as he glares at her.

"Since the time I liked Kyuhyun," Luisa answers. "He has never talked to me since that night. And not that I plan talking to him after. But I am actually curious. Isn't he dating your best friend? That must be a very disappointing news-"

"Is this why you want to talk to me? I've been through enough so please can you do me a favor? Please do shut up," Ryeowook says emphatically and angrily at Luisa who just laughs. "You're not going to stop, aren't you?"

"Let's play a game, Ryeowook," Luisa tells Ryeowook as she straightens her back as well and looks directly at the pissed guy, "Let's play hide and seek. You'll hide and they will look for you. But there's a twist there. Once you've been found, someone has to take your place. And wouldn't you like it if it's your best friend who betrayed you?"

Ryeowook does not speak but he is curious.

"Looked at how happy they are right now, while you're all miserable, talking to barely selected people who actually worry sick for you, like me. You're lonely and the only love of your life who was almost there was taken by someone who had everything. Someone who had everyone's eyes on him. Someone whom you treated as best friend," Luisa continues.

"What are you saying? What are you trying to-"

"You're an intelligent person, Ryeowook. You know exactly what I am telling you," Luisa smirks. "You deserve better, Ryeowook. You know that yourself. And you know that you don't deserve people like them. So I am giving you an option and you'll have Kyuhyun. You'll have the person you love, you'll have everything that you want. You'll get rid of Sungmin. Your choice," Luisa sips her tea again and puts the cup back to the saucer once more, gets the cloth and pats the side of . "All you need is play the game."

Luisa stands and gets her hand bag when Ryeowook fails to utter any word.

"You have the whole two weeks to decide. I know that your flight is after your graduation ceremonies so I guess it's enough time," Luisa says and prepares to leave. Ryeowook then calls her again.

"Why do you want me to do this to Sungmin? Who wants him more than anything that the person is doing such trouble for you?" Ryeowook asks.

Luisa smiles playfully. "Let's just say he wants to apologize for everything."

***

Ryeowook has been thinking a lot about Luisa's proposal but no matter how he puts his mind into it, he can't surely understand. Yes, he wants Kyuhyun for himself, but he also knows that even if he's going to Harvard with him, he would still go to Sungmin.

All of a sudden, he remembers how Sungmin and Kyuhyun got closer with each other, when Kyuhyun protected Sungmin from everyone who tried to hurt him - the volleyball players and the stalker, when Kyuhyun found time to tutor him, when Kyuhyun and Sungmin went out of a country together, when Kyuhyun attended to Sungmin's help instead of passing his requirements for Harvard, when he found Sungmin's sweater in Kyuhyun's house on his birthday, when Sungmin and Kyuhyun shared a secret about Taemin - everything that made him more furious.

He calls Luisa after a few minutes. "I have decided."

***

Kyuhyun, a week after Luisa has talked to him, went to his apartment. He was very unexpected. Ryeowook thought Sungmin was there but there was no sign of Sungmin anywhere. And like what he thought Kyuhyun would do, he was right.

"It's very unusual that Sungmin's not with you," Ryeowook says bitterly. "Or is he late again?"

"Sungmin doesn't know I am here, Ryeowook," Kyuhyun answers.

Ryeowook smirks. "So are you going to turn back to me now?" Kyuhyun does not speak so Ryeowook continues, "Did you realize that you love me more than him that's why you're here?"

"I am here to apologize, Ryeowook. For everything. Had I admitted my feelings for Sungmin even before you fell in love with me, we would not be like this. You might have not loved me and everything would turn out just fine between everyone now. It's through my wrong decisions that makes you suffer like this," Kyuhyun starts. "Those acts that I put up with Sungmin when we first see each other were fake. Truth to be told, I have known him since I was a kid, when I was lost in everything. He came to me and put a smile... no, restored the smile on my face. He didn't remember me, but I could remember everything clearly, from that day, until I got older. I've watched him, and every single time, I could not help but fall in love with him. I knew that there was something good in him when others failed to see it. I believed in him but I didn't have the courage to say that to him nor confess my feelings. So when we met again, I pretended that I didn't like him and I intentionally made him feel bad, although I never intended to hurt him. We became friends, Sungmin, you, Donghae, and eventually, Hyukjae and Yesung too."

Ryeowook just continued to listen.

"I found time to open myself more to him, but the more I did that the more I unintentionally use your developing feelings so I am very sorry about that. Yes, I was selfish to think only about myself, my feelings but then when I confessed to Sungmin, he held back his feelings for me for a very long time, thinking about how you would react, how you would feel. He restricted himself to give his love to me and even pretended that he loved Donghae instead of me just to show that he didn't have feelings for me," Kyuhyun continued explaining. "I realized that I became selfish that I wasn't able to think about you and others but as I always said, pain is a part of loving someone. I never understood Sungmin for telling me one time that he accepted me as his boyfriend then he just... all of a sudden... gave up and thought about you in the end. That lead for me to do a wrong decision because like you, I was hurt. It wasn't really bad - I could tell that we learned it the hard way and it would only go down to the level of selfishness. When I lost him, I was devastated, and all that I did was to make him feel more guilty not because he chose Donghae over me but he chose you over me. I used you to make him realize that he couldn't live without me, but he proved himself. He became stronger and he was sincerely happy for you. However, he was crying deep inside."

Kyuhyun sighed and looked at Ryeowook.

"Ryeowook, Sungmin loves you very much because he only has you as his real best friend. Of all the people, you are the only person who could understand him and you had the courage to tell him what you think. I was not even able to do that as how you did. So I am very thankful for you. I understood, finally, when we got back together and he was still not as happy as you thought he was," Kyuhyun held Ryeowook's shoulders and looked at him. "Ryeowook, I know you can't easily forgive us. But I still want to apologize. I caused everything." Kyuhyun then kneeled and bowed in front of Ryeowook who in turn was surprised at the action. "I am very sorry, Kim Ryeowook. Please... don't let your friendship with Sungmin end just like that. He won't be happy as much as he receives your acceptance of our relationship. I don't force you to do this immediately because we know that it would take time for everything to completely heal but please think about it."

Don't worry, Kyuhyun, I have already decided, Ryeowook thought as he hugged Kyuhyun. No matter what you say, I can't forgive you and Sungmin for betraying me and for playing with my feelings. The only way to forgive him is if you're finally mine.

***

Two weeks has passed that quickly and it is Daehyun University Senior Graduation Ceremonies. After two hours, the ceremony was finished, and the graduates finally have a time to recollect with their classmates.

"Ryeowook..."

It is Sungmin. He does not talk to him so Sungmin just approaches him.

"Your flight is... the night after, right?" Sungmin asks to start a conversation.

"Why, are you that excited for me to leave?" Ryeowook questions, however this time, there isn't any coldness or bitterness in his voice.

"Ryeowook, I know you're still mad at me, and I know that you won't forgive me soon enough, but-"

"I've heard that from someone, Sungmin. You don't need to always mention that," Ryeowook cuts in as he finally turns to Sungmin. "I still can't understand how everything happened that fast. I can't understand why you fell in love with your enemy. I am still hurt because you kept it as a secret and that I must learn about it like that. I could have understood more. I could have accepted it more but the fact that you didn't trust me enough was painful."

Sungmin feels a lump inside his throat that it makes him hard to breathe. His eyes suddenly feels hot as tears form without warning. "I-I'm sorry."

"I pity myself, Sungmin. I pity myself for being too uncontrollable because I love Kyuhyun so hard. He's my first love. It came to a point when I failed to realize that I was becoming obsessed with love and with loving Kyuhyun. I forgot about myself and even our friendship because of that," Ryeowook says. "It can't be cured and I can't forget about this easily, but I forgive you now, Sungmin."

Sungmin embraces Ryeowook who hugs him back. "I-I'm sorry, Kim Ryeowook."

There is a smirk on his face.

***

"It is a good thing that you and Ryeowook have already made up. Does that mean he accepts us already?" Kyuhyun asks Sungmin while they are washing the dishes.

Sungmin's family attended the ceremony and they were beyond proud. Mr. Lee cried, and Mrs. Lee comforted him. Sungjin was also there to support his brother. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun vounteered to give Sungmin a surprise party at their house. He prepared everything from decorations to food. When they arrived, Sungmin was surprised and because of his boyfriend's effort, he was touched.

They had finished eating and the others had gone upstairs.

Sungmin shakes his head. "I don't know. He just said that he forgave me already. We had no chance to talk more because his parents were there. Although I greeted them, I wanted them to have their time, because Ryeowook's flight is tomorrow."

"Oh, that's fast," Kyuhyun says as he puts the plates in the cupboard. "Are we going?"

"I told him that we would go, and he didn't ask us not to go so..." Sungmin answers and helps Kyuhyun in putting the plates and glasses in the cupboard. "I heard that you went to him alone to apologize."

Kyuhyun finally closes the cupboard and faces Sungmin. "Yeah, I did."

"We could have done it together," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun puts his arms around Sungmin. "I believe that I hurt him more, so I apologized. Don't worry, I just want to do it."

Sungmin nods and looks at Kyuhyun. "And yeah, thanks for this. The effort is very much appreciated."

Kyuhyun knocks Sungmin's head with his head. "You know very much how you can pay back."

Sungmin furrows his eyebrows. "What is it that I can do? Don't tell me... kiss?"

"I appreciate it, but I can actually appreciate more than that," Kyuhyun winks and Sungmin blushes as he realizes what he implies. "I'll be flying to the States in five days. What is our plan?"

"Plan? I have no plans!" Sungmin pulls himself away from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun pouts pretending to be sad. Sungmin sighs and gives up. "Fine. I'll do whatever you want."

"You know exactly what I want," Kyuhyun returns back to his old playful self, and Sungmin's face turns redder. Kyuhyun pulls him again for a hug, then Kyuhyun kisses him for a very long time. "Kidding aside, I just want you to be by my side until then."

"So," Sungmin playfully pinches his boyfriend's waist which makes Kyuhyun almost jumps. "You don't want it then?"

"You know my answer to that," Kyuhyun replies as he gives Sungmin another kiss.

***

Ryeowook fixes his things in his apartment for the very last time before he leaves for the airport.

His parents take all of his clothes for the trip so he is actually set. All has been settled, however, since he is not going back to the dorm, he begins to put away all his things that he doesn't need to take with him. He requests to the landlady to send them as a package to his parents once he is out of the dorm.

Upon putting all the magazines in an empty box, a magazine catches his attention. It is the magazine that Sungmin gave him last year for his birthday. It was the magazine where Kyuhyun was featured, so he looked at his article one last time.

Out of the blue, he remembers what Sungmin told him about his first encounter with Kyuhyun. He remembers how he hated Kyuhyun so much and how Sungmin tries to settle their conflicts just because he told Sungmin that he was infatuated with Kyuhyun. That despite of him asking him to stop being into Kyuhyun, Sungmin encouraged him to do better in confessing to him. It was the reason why the two became friends.

The memories suddenly swiftly cross his mind. The time when he was bullied a lot, Sungmin was there to protect him. Even during that time during the volleyball game. He was about to be taken as slaves of the volleyball team, however, Sungmin told them that he would just take his and Sulli's place as slave for a month. When they were playing, Sungmin was doing his best to win and to encourage him that he could hit the ball properly if he believed in himself. Sungmin also helped him in anyway that he could so that Kyuhyun would notice him, even if Sungmin would dislike it or just be embarrassed.

Sungmin kept everything to himself - all his problems and struggles - just not letting him get involved. When he was threatened by a stalker, Sungmin didn't want him to be involved and it was his own will to be involved.

Ryeowook's tears slowly fell as he stumbled upon another magazine that made him pose with Kyuhyun. Sungmin was hurt by his mother, but Sungmin didn't give up. Sungmin told his mom that Sungmin was proud to be his best friend - that he was able to change positively. Sungmin told his mother that he wanted to be his best friend forever. 

Sungmin indeed changed him to be better. He was afraid to face the future but now, he looks at it more positively because he is doing good in the present.

Maybe Sungmin fell in love with Kyuhyun indeed, but he knows now that Sungmin does not intend to hurt him. If he does then he wouldn't ask forgiveness several times. Sungmin would just let him hate him and be happy with Kyuhyun. Sungmin has always been there for him. Sungmin can't let him down intentionally.

He can't let his decision ruin their future. "I'm sorry, Sungmin!"

He needs to tell her that he doesn't want to do the plan anymore so he dials her number but no one is answering. It seems that Luisa has already read his mind. Ryeowook hears a knock from the door and opens it. It is Luisa and a guy with a mask. Ryeowook is familiar with him but he can't recognize him.

"I can't do this, Luisa," he says to them as the two people enter the room. "Let's quit this! I can't do the plan with you! I don't want to!"

"I know you're going to take back your decision," Luisa says. "But no matter what, you know that you can't get out because now you're involved, Ryeowook. Sorry, but even if you don't want to, I'll still get you involved."

"Don't you want Kyuhyun for good, Kim Ryeowook?" The man with a mask asks. "What will it not do you good? You can have Kyuhyun and I can have Sungmin. We'll be able to split them apart. Don't you think it's a good call?"

"Who are you and why do you want Sungmin so much?" Ryeowook asks.

The man with a mask laughs like a maniac and takes up his mask. Ryeowook is shocked to see Jungwook in front of him. "Remember me?"

"J-Jungwook," Ryeowook murmurs. He feels weak. "You're behind all of these!? I-I... I need to tell Sungmin!" Ryeowook dials Sungmin's number, however, Luisa hits his hand and he drops his phone. Ryeowook tries to get but Luisa gets it instead because Jungwook already holds him and puts a heavily scented handkerchief on his nose and mouth. He tries to break free but he suddenly becomes dizzy that he feels he's going to pass out anytime. But before he passes out, he hears Jungwook.

"So sad for you, that you need to experience this... if only you just cooperated well, this thing wouldn't have happened," Jungwook says before he finally loses his consciousness.

***

Sungmin receives a call from Ryeowook so he excitedly answers it with a smile. "Hey, Wook! What made you call?"

"Sadly, this isn't Ryeowook," says this other line. Sungmin's smile turns into a frown when he hears another familiar voice that makes him shake in fear again. "Yes, I am back. Did you miss me, my Sungmin?"

***

《Next chapter is the last chapter. Please anticipate!》