Chapter 34

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 34 - In The Club

♡♥♡

Kyuhyun keeps an eye on Sungmin as he dances with random strangers. First, he danced with a girl who was probably five years older than him but later he changed his partner and he danced with another girl who was maybe as old as he was. Now, he is dancing with a guy - and the fact that Sungmin flirting with him - it makes Kyuhyun take continuous sip with the glass of juice that was originally for Ryeowook.

"That guy is flirting with Sungmin!" Donghae whines as he stares angrily at the couple.

"More on Sungmin is flirting with that guy," Kyuhyun speaks in a low yet strong voice. He drinks from Ryeowook's glass again that he finishes all in one go. His eyes rage in jealousy when Sungmin looks seductively to the guy as he dances with him. The guy begins to show his dance moves to Sungmin who is amazed. "He's easily amazed."

"I can do better than that guy!" Donghae boasts. "He can't do anything except that!"

Ryeowook thanks the waiter who serves another glass of juice for him. Kyuhyun asks for refill without removing his stare at Sungmin who enjoys the show in front of him. As the waiter leaves, Ryeowook speaks softly, not enough for Kyuhyun to hear due to loud music. "U-Uhm, where did you go before this?"

Kyuhyun does not answer him. Ryeowook just keeps silent. Kyuhyun is not paying attention to him anymore. He sighs as he drinks the juice.

The stranger stops from dancing and pulls Sungmin again to dance with him. Donghae whines, "Look at the jerk! He's really attracting Sungmin! He's not even that good. Damn!"

After about a minute, the guy pulls another, leaving Sungmin dancing alone. Once again, Donghae rants as he hits the table hard.

"Then he left Sungmin! It's like embarrassing him in front of a lot of people!" Donghae shouts once more.

Kyuhyun is officially half-pissed because of Donghae's rant and half-pissed because Sungmin is now comfortably dancing with another stranger. This time, he is grabbed by the star of the dance floor, as how the people from another table names him. The guy initially flirts with Sungmin as he puts his hand on his right waist and the latter reacts to that. His gaze is more seductive. Kyuhyun clenches his fist as Sungmin hooks his arm around the stranger's waist.

"Ugh! It is irritating!" Donghae exclaims as he continuously hits the table again and again. "Sungmin is now entertaining him!"

"Donghae, calm down. Sungmin is just friendly and he is not serious," Ryeowook tries to cool Donghae down.

"That's it. That has to take his hands off of Sungmin!" Donghae shouts and runs towards the dance floor, showing off his moonwalk as he reaches the stage, before Ryeowook can stop him. Donghae gets the attention of everyone, including Sungmin who claps his hand as he cheers for Donghae. The crowd also cheers for him. His partner has no choice but to watch Donghae.

The waiter serves Kyuhyun's drink and Kyuhyun immediately gets the glass. Ryeowook finds time to open another conversation to Kyuhyun when he realizes that they are finally alone.

"Donghae is really jealous whenever Min is with another person," he starts, trying to make his voice loud, fighting with the loud music in the club. It seems that Kyuhyun hears it, but he does not remove his stare to the dance floor. "Oh, would he invite Sungmin to dance?"

"You don't have to say it. I can see that," Kyuhyun murmurs. Ryeowook is not able to catch what Kyuhyun said so he stares at Kyuhyun. When he does not hear anything, Ryeowook looks at Donghae who continues to dance freestyle.

"I can't believe Donghae's so good in dancing!" Ryeowook exclaims. "He's like a professional. Had he been dancing before?"

Donghae finishes his moves then invites Sungmin to dance with him. Sungmin accepts the invitation and dances with Donghae. Kyuhyun gets more irritated even if the dance is not as intimate as others. He can't take it anymore. He stands up as he angrily puts the glass back to the table. "I am going to wash," he says and leaves, not waiting for Ryeowook to say another word.

Inside the washroom, he angrily hits the sink counter and opens the faucet. He lets the water flow for a while as he is looking at himself on the mirror. He is not angry at Donghae but he is angry at himself. He really can't control his jealousy whenever Sungmin is with another. He's really a possessive brat.

He wonders why he acts all sweet to Sungmin whenever they are together, but acts the opposite whenever they are with others. It is very difficult to keep his acting up whenever he is with others especially because Donghae believes that he hates Sungmin to the core. Aside from Donghae being so close to Sungmin in public, he is also in good terms with Sungmin. And Kyuhyun can't do that in public around Ryeowook who has a crush on him and Donghae who has a crush on Sungmin - not yet. He does not want to end their current relationship as friends - not yet. He might end up losing everything, even the connections that connects him and Sungmin together.

He washes his face and scrubs it until he is completely sane. He should have not gone there at the first place to prevent something like that happening. He hates the smoke, the music, and the insecurities.

When he makes sure that he is already okay, he goes out to tell them that he will be heading home. But a woman who recognizes him as Kyuhyun, that heartthrob from Inhwan University, stops him. She asks him to dance.

"Hey, you're Cho Kyuhyun, right? I never thought you go here," the woman chuckles. Kyuhyun remains expressionless. "Do you want to dance?"

"No," he answers plainly and tries to walk away. But the woman takes him to the dance floor and starts dancing with him. He remains unmoved as he looks at their table when he realizes that Sungmin is going there. Ryeowook is staring at him. He looks like he is going to cry anytime. Sungmin invites Ryeowook to dance and reluctantly goes with Kyuhyun. His gaze remains at Sungmin and Ryeowook who approaches the dance floor and the two dance together.

The crowd begins to build up that Kyuhyun cannot find the two anymore.

Donghae is now dancing with another woman who he can't refuse to dance with. Kyuhyun continues to find Sungmin and Ryeowook and sees them nearly in the middle of the dance floor. Then, Kyuhyun notices that the guy who used to dance with Sungmin dances all the way towards him and acts him to dance again. Because of that, he wants to stay on the dance floor but he will find another way to do so without dancing with strangers.

Ryeowook is the first person that pops in his head.

"Sorry, I am dancing with someone else," Sungmin declines. Ryeowook, on the other hand, smiles meekly and shakes his head.

"I... I am just going to the table. I am not in the mood," he says. Sungmin nods and lets Ryeowook and the latter tries to go back to their table, but the crowd pushes him back to the middle. Kyuhyun leaves his partner and goes towards Ryeowook who is caught in the middle of the crowd.

"Are you okay?" he asks, making Ryeowook blush.

"I-I'm fine," he answers shyly. "I'll just go to the table."

"Do you want to dance?" Kyuhyun asks him for a dance, to Ryeowook's shock who keeps on staring at Kyuhyun. Ryeowook nods shyly.

While they are dancing, Kyuhyun keeps on sneaking at Sungmin who is now behind Ryeowook. Sungmin flirts once more with the guy.

Kyuhyun sees the guy planning to Sungmin's . With that, he completely losts it and he attacks the guy and grabs his arm, at the same time, Sungmin moves sideways, making it look like the guy is about to touch Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun angrily yells to the guy, "Do not touch him!"

○●○

The guy tries to pull his hand away, but Kyuhyun is stronger. He twists it, making the guy cry in pain. The crowd starts to look at them then. The guy apologizes and he asks Kyuhyun to put his hand down. He gives him a final glare before finally letting him go. The guy runs and leaves the club. Kyuhyun walks away from the dance floor and Sungmin, Ryeowook and Donghae follows him.

"T-Thank you," Ryeowook expresses his gratitude to Kyuhyun as they leave the club as well.

Kyuhyun turns around. "Why are you thanking me?" he asks coldly. Ryeowook just looks on the ground and Sungmin taps Kyuhyun on the shoulder.

"You should have not answered Ryeowook that way but good job, Mr. Cho. You protected Ryeowook from the ert. I am so proud of you," Sungmin grins.

Kyuhyun glares at him and yells, "You shouldn't have taken him there in the first place! Are you even a real friend to him?"

Sungmin removes his hand from Kyuhyun's shoulder and glares back at Kyuhyun. "Don't judge me as a friend to Ryeowook! And what did I do wrong? Why are you angry!?"

Kyuhyun turns away from everyone but before he walks away, he asks him with another question, "Why are you so dense? Are you for real?" He finally leaves, leaving everyone baffled.

"Ugh! He's on it again!" Sungmin rants and crosses his arms. "He's really a jerk! He suddenly gets angry at me for no reason."

"Don't worry yourself too much, Sungmin," Donghae tells him. "He's always like that even before. It's being back to normal!"

"Back to normal eh? He's back to his normal self," Sungmin rolls his eyes and sighs. He looks at Ryeowook and teases him, "But it's okay, no? He's showing his concern for you! And he even protects you!"

Ryeowook blushes. "Sungmin!"

"What? I am just telling the truth," Sungmin shrugs. "Oh well, let's go! I'll take you both home."

"How about we take you home?" Donghae volunteers. Sungmin pouts.

"No, no, no, I want Ryeowook to be safe so I'll go with you."

And Donghae has no choice but to obey Sungmin.

○●○

When he's finally home, Ryeowook dives to his bed and hugs his pillow while rolling back and forth. He reminisces the things that happened in the club. Kyuhyun went there even though he was busy, Kyuhyun invited him to dance and Kyuhyun protected him from the ert. It feels so good that he can't help it but to blush once again.

He remembers that once, Kyuhyun opened up to him. He also looked worried when he was nearly crying. Kyuhyun was also acting weird when Ryeowook told the former that Donghae was a good dancer. Was he jealous?

Maybe he is wrong, but he has that feeling that Kyuhyun might be interested in him. He knows that it is wrong to overthink and to be delusional but the thought makes him giddy.

Maybe he's wrong about what he was thinking about Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Kyuhyun seemed not so close to Sungmin like what Donghae told him. And he even got angry to Sungmin because Sungmin took him to the dance floor.

He realizes that what he is feeling towards Kyuhyun is more than a simple crush. Maybe Donghae is right - he just has to show him his feelings.

♡♥♡

《OTL It just makes it worse. LOL》