Chapter 47

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 47 - The Power of Two

♡♥♡

"So," Sungmin turns around. Kyuhyun is possibly joking him, but he sounds not. He continues, looking directly at Kyuyhyun's eyes. "The person you are looking for is your brother."

"I don't know if I can actually tell the whole story to you, but yes, it's my younger brother," Kyuhyun confesses as he walks towards the hotel's balcony. "I am not really the type of person who would reveal my personal life, but since you are here to help me, then I am telling you this."

Sungmin does not speak. He lets his breath out before going near to Kyuhyun.

"It is up to you if you would believe, but I think that you're the only person who can help me find him," Kyuhyun says, now facing Sungmin who is just standing there.

Sungmin looks away. "Not even Donghae? But why?"

Kyuhyun sits on the bed. "I can't ask Donghae's help. It's not that I can't trust him, but I don't want to bother him."

"So, you're bothering me instead?" Sungmin asks.

Kyuhyun immediately glances at him. "Am I being a bother to you?"

Sungmin gulps. Kyuhyun's eyes show that he is a bit hurt about that, so he just looks away and replies, "No, I never thought you were a bother to me. You had helped me a lot of times before, so I am just returning the favor as your friend."

Kyuhyun stands. "I am pleased with that," he says while smiling.

"I actually thought," Sungmin trails off because he does not know if he can continue it, but in the end, he murmurs as he goes towards the terrace and looks outside, "I actually thought you were looking for a woman."

Kyuhyun hears it and he laughs as he follows Sungmin and stands beside him while looking outside. "Does it bother you? You actually thought that it was my girlfriend or something?"

"I knew that you would tease me about this," Sungmin hisses. "I just thought that it was because of that person... that is why you can't like Ryeowook just like the way he likes you."

"I like Ryeowook," Kyuhyun says. Sungmin's eyes twinkle as he looks at Kyuhyun, anticipating. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. "I mean, I like Ryeowook, but as a friend. He is a good person. I know that. But he's not the person I like as a man."

Sungmin giggles. "You're stupid for not liking someone like him," he says.

"Why, do you like him?" Kyuhyun asks Sungmin. Sungmin is startled.

"I like him because he's my best friend!" Sungmin answers.

"So we're the same," Kyuhyun looks at the view again. "Now tell me you're not stupid."

"Jerk," Sungmin mutters. "We are different case. Ryeowook likes you. It is a common notion that you must return his feelings to him!"

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin again. "If you love one person, it doesn't mean he or she needs to return his feelings to you!"

Sungmin does not speak. He realizes that it has a great impact on him. He has a crush on Kyuhyun, but it doesn't mean Kyuhyun needs to return his feelings to him. That is why he is insisting to make Kyuhyun like Ryeowook because it can result in something better. Unlike him. He is surely not a perfect match for Kyuhyun.

"You seriously thought it was a woman? Why are you so affected? Why is it a big deal?" Kyuhyun begins to again. But his mind is aware of it, so he is not falling for it.

"It isn't a big deal for me, but it is for Ryeowook!" Sungmin answers. "He is my best friend, and I need to ensure that he's happy."

"Why are you being too concerned of Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asks. "Are you in love with your best friend?"

"No! I like someone else!" He slips again. He wants to bury himself because Kyuhyun would certainly make a huge deal out of it again. But it is too late to take back what he says. "I like someone else but it is not a big deal, alright?"

Kyuhyun does not utter any word. Sungmin feels that Kyuhyun becomes gloomy all of a sudden.

"To be honest, I don't know how to like someone," Sungmin admits. "I don't know if I am feeling that feeling. I am confused. And maybe... if you and Ryeowook become together, then I would understand. I would know. I am not sure how, but I would know."

"You... do you like Donghae?" It is Kyuhyun's question. Sungmin doesn't know why Kyuhyun suddenly mentions Donghae.

"Why are you talking about me again? This is about you, your brother and Ryeowook," Sungmin diverts to the topic again. "If you find your brother... would you... would you at least give Ryeowook a chance?"

"Why are you insisting this again? I already turned him down! Do you want me to make him cry again? Don't you get it? As you push him to me, you would just make him suffer more. And you don't want that right?" Kyuhyun bursts. After realizing that Sungmin's gone quiet, he goes back to the room.

"Ryeowook might consider me as his best friend, but his parents don't really like me," Sungmin confesses, making Kyuhyun stop from walking away. "I know that you don't want me to push Ryeowook to you so that you could give him a chance, but I am doing this not because of him but also for myself. That at least, I can prove to his parents that I can also do something good for Ryeowook."

Sungmin sighs.

"I want to prove to them that I can be Ryeowook's best friend. That I don't always put Ryeowook into trouble. That I can be a good influence too. This is the only way I think would help, because this is the first time that Ryeowook made a decision like this in his life," Sungmin continues as he looks at Kyuhyun who is quiet. "I am sick of having people think that I am the worst person ever. I am not troublemaker or some sort. I am not a bad because I am a son of a lawyer and a police woman. I am not a bully even if I am tough. I am not a bad person just because I kick people's asses. I am just Lee Sungmin. I am a person who has feelings of a normal human being too."

"Do you think everyone thinks like that, Sungmin?" Kyuhyun faces him again. "Do you think everyone hates you? Look around! Just look around! You don't need to force yourself to do what others dictates you to do. I mean you are the best friend Ryeowook can have. It doesn't mean that you have to support his decision. Sometimes, being a best friend needs to do something opposite your friend wants to do because the outcome might turn to something better."

"Is that why you don't support Donghae's feelings for me?" Sungmin asks. "You know, I know that you're against Donghae's feelings towards me! Is it because you think that I am also like that-"

"You are just plain stupid," Kyuhyun says. "I won't even ask you to go with me here in a foreign country if I hate you or such."

Kyuhyun has a point there.

"Anyway, you need to dress up now, whatever you like to do. We'll be going to my brother's school," Kyuhyun commands as he walks towards his luggage and opens it. "I am taking a shower."

Good thing, Kyuhyun is not looking at him, or else, he'd again because that time, he knows he is blushing. The thought of Kyuhyun having a shower while he is on the same room as him makes him giddy and nervous. And to think that things would go like that for three days.

"A-Ah... I will just go outside and tour the hotel," Sungmin says as he approaches the door, but Kyuhyun speaks and stops him.

"I'll be over in five minutes. You don't have to go out," Kyuhyun tells him. Sungmin gulps once again as Kyuhyun finally enters the bathroom.

Sungmin blows some air and sits on the bed. He doesn't like to dress up because he feels really awkward around Kyuhyun that time. They are both guys, yet he is feeling like he is a woman being shy and everything. And it is obviously not like him!

Damn, Lee Sungmin. Get a hold of yourself. Be natural or he'll tease you again! He's just a crush. A crush! He calms himself, but his heart is still beating so fast that we wants to throw himself out of the building. 

And as Kyuhyun promised, he is all dressed up in five minutes.

"You didn't change your clothes?" Kyuhyun asks when he notices that Sungmin is still wearing his airport clothes. "You can go inside the shower room if you want to change."

"No!" He answers almost immediately, making Kyuhyun suspicious. Sungmin then calms himself and looks away. "It's fine. I don't feel like dressing up again anyway. It's tiring."

Kyuhyun smirks. "Are you conscious around me? Or do you want me to undress you?"

Sungmin's cheeks and ears burn as Kyuhyun teases him again. He stands and faces Kyuhyun, then he yells, "You ert jerk!"

Kyuhyun laughs loudly as Sungmin runs outside the room.

○●○

That bastard! He whines as he leans on the wall after closing the door. I didn't know he's like that! There I thought that he was so innocent and everything but he wasn't! He even wanted to undress me!

Kyuhyun goes out and locks their room. "You're all red."

" you, that's why!" Sungmin yells as he stomps away from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun catches his pace.

"I can't believe you are taking me seriously, Lee Sungmin. I am just joking," Kyuhyun utters while chuckling. "I have no intention of undressing you. I don't want to have nightmares again."

Sungmin snorts and glares at Kyuhyun. "Do you think I like seeing you !?" His voice gets a little loud that some people who are passing by look at them. Good thing, they can't understand what he says. Sungmin clenches his fists as he blushes out of embarrassment. "I just want to let this day pass! Let me go back to Korea right now! Why am I even stuck with this erted jerk?"

Kyuhyun laughs loudly again as they enter the elevator. "If I am erted, what are you then?"

"Just ignore him Sungmin. Ignore him!" He shouts, pretending that Kyuhyun is not around and is not saying anything.

They are at the seventh floor of the hotel, but the elevator seems taking too long because it opens every floor and passengers keep on entering the elevator. Until it comes to a point when ten people enter. Sungmin finds it a way to get away from Kyuhyun who is staring maliciously at him, but Kyuhyun is able to pull him beside him as another batch of people enter on the fourth floor.

Kyuhyun's arm is around his waist now, pulling him closer to the former. He is wishing to go away, but he can't because the elevator is already crowded. He just mentally curses in his mind. "Just let go," he commands. But Kyuhyun acts like he is not hearing anything. "Why are you teasing me like this!?"

"Because it's fun," Kyuhyun gives him an innocent smile as he looks at him. He even snakes his arm around Sungmin's waist more.

A minute passes and they finally arrive at the ground floor. The others go out already and Sungmin tries to break free from Kyuhyun but the latter does not let go of him until all people go out. "You know, you can let me go now!"

Kyuhyun has no choice but to let go when Sungmin steps on his foot and the latter runs away from him. He chases him afterwards.

They get a cab. Kyuhyun talks to the driver in English again, and Sungmin gets out of place.

"You know, I followed your advise. I couldn't ask his address but I asked for his school. The landlady gave me the address," Kyuhyun narrates. Sungmin does not speak and he acts as if he does not care. "Sungmin?"

"If we find your brother, what would you do?" Sungmin suddenly asks. "What would you do next?"

Kyuhyun does not answer immediately. He ponders about it. What would he do when he sees Jino? How would Jino react? How would he react? Would Jino go with him? Or would Jino hate him and ask him to go? Then what's next? If Jino accepts him, would he confess to Sungmin? If Jino does not accept him, would he still act lke he does not have any feelings for Sungmin? He himself does not know. It's the first time that he made a decision without any follow-up plan.

"Will you be happy, whatever his reaction or action is?" Sungmin asks once again.

"I don't know what I would do to be honest. I am nervous. Whether he accepts me or rejects me," Kyuhyun admits. "I don't even know how to approach him if I see him. I don't know if I have this courage to tell him how much I want to take him back. He might not believe it."

"What if you don't find him here, what would you do?" Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun who is looking back at him. "What would we do? You know, I'm doubting if I could help you, because we were not that close before. I don't know how to help you make him accept you as a brother because I don't think I am the right person to describe who you are."

"You're wrong," Kyuhyun disagrees. "What I am showing you right now is what I really am. I have faith in you. I believe in you. I believe that even if we have not talked to each other for a long time, I know that you are the person who can help me the most because... I-"

"We're already here, Sir," the taxi driver informs them.

They pay for the cab and alights. It is indeed a big school. Kyuhyun feels intimated because if even Jino accepts him, would he be able to take him to a school like that? Would he be able to give the things his new family gave to him? His insecurity and fear double as he gets closer. He wants to eat what he sid to Sungmin, because even if he believes that Sungmin can help him, he himself cannot do it.

He suddenly feels scared. And he has never been that scared once in his life.

He wants to back out. He wants to go back to the hotel that time. He wants to run away, just like what he did before.

"I don't think I can do this," Kyuhyun murmurs as he turns around and walks away. Sungmin runs after him and grabs his arm. "I... I don't know what to do... Let's just go back..."

Sungmin punches Kyuhyun, making him fall on the ground. Some people look at them, but that time, Sungmin does not care. "You ! You spent a lot of money for the tickets, then the hotel, and the cab then you're backing out? Then you said you believe in me? Why can't you believe in yourself first? I thought you prepared for this before?"

Kyuhyun does not answer but he continues to look on the ground.

"I want to laugh at you right now, do you know that?" Sungmin says. "What you said to me in the cab made me realize that I needed to help and support you with this one because you believe in me. Show your courage to me now, Cho Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin for some time then he decides to get up. "Alright. I'll do it. But promise me," Kyuhyun pauses for a second then continues, "promise me that you would be with me here."

"I am Lee Sungmin. What I said is a promise," Sungmin smiles and holds Kyuhyun's hand.

Kyuhyun suddenly feels the burst of confidence as he walks hand-in-hand with Sungmin. He silently looks at Sungmin who is determined to help him. And he would not waste this opportunity now. He's already there, and Sungmin is with him.

He smiles and intertwines his fingers with Sungmin. Sungmin does not mind. Instead, he holds him tightly as they walk together.

Once again, Sungmin saves him. He brings back Kyuhyun's smile again. Also, that time, he affirms that he really loves the person beside him - the person holding his hand and walking with him. That loving him and believing in him are the rightest decisions he has ever made.

♡♥♡ 

《Sorry for the short update. Hehe. SS5 Manila was freaking awesome! Our Kangin project was also successful. Readers, bear with me with my weekly update. LMAO I need to wake up at five and it's already 2am. D: P.S. Sorry for some mistake, I was too sleepy. LMAO Thanks for this Ayen. XD》