Chapter 20

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 20 - I Want to Give Up

♡♥♡

Donghae rests after running away from the ice cream parlor. He wants to be alone and to be away from Sungmin. He is hurting big time.

He sits on a bench in the city's central park, which is almost a fifteen-minute walk from the plaza where the ice cream parlor is. It is kind of quiet there. He wants to think about his feelings for Sungmin. He knows that his feelings for Sungmin are getting deeper. And he is feeling guilty that he said those words to Sungmin. The latter might not understand it well, or even not pay attention to it.

He knows that Sungmin appreciate what he is doing for him, but it is not enough. He is not demanding for anything though. He just wants Sungmin to be happy.

But somehow, he thinks that he went overboard. His priority was to study for the final examinations so that he could make his parents proud, but his feelings for Sungmin overtook his priority that night. He was wrong afterall. He has so many regrets now.

He is not blaming Sungmin though; it was his decision to make yet he failed to do it.

He can't confess to Sungmin because to be honest, he is afraid to get rejected. Even before when he was a kid, he was already afraid of rejection. He was used to his parents and other people agreeing to everything that he did. But it seems that it is a different story now because Sungmin is the type of person who is carefree. So Donghae is doing everything to please Sungmin, even if he forgets about himself. Maybe it is what love is.

Sungmin cannot be interested in him, so he might just quit hoping. He is giving up.

When he is about to stand and go back to the ice cream parlor to say sorry to all of them for acting that way, he hears someone calling his name. In his surprise, it is Sungmin.

○●○

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook is left together at the ice cream parlor. There is a deafening silence between them so Ryeowook tries his best to start a conversation.

"U-uh, Kyuhyun, how was your exams?" He asks, trying his best to not bore Kyuhyun. It is his chance. He must not waste it.

"Good," Kyuhyun answers thriftily without looking at him.

Ryeowook asks a question again. "Do you do anything aside from school or work?"

Kyuhyun takes a while to answer. He is looking outside the window. As Ryeowook observes him, he is not really in the mood to talk. He is just amswering for the sake of answering. Besides, Kyuhyun seems like his mind is flying away. After a few moments, Kyuhyun answers plainly, "No."

"Why did you make a reviewer for Sungmin? I-I mean... you dislike him, I don't mean it in a wrong way though," Ryeowook asks once again.

There is another moment of silence. Kyuhyun answers after a few seconds, now looking at Ryeowook. "I don't dislike Sungmin."

"But you liked teasing him or mocking him or-"

 "I am just like this," he answers plainly.

Ryeowook nods. He wants to ask him again but he is doubting. Maybe Kyuhyun is really bored. He is disappointed with himself. In fact, he feels jealous of the fact that Sungmin can keep Kyuhyun talking to him even if it is insulting or mocking the former. While, he can't keep up a simple conversation.

"I am not used to this. Don't feel sorry if you feel that you are keeping the air cold between us," Kyuhyun tells him as if he hears what he is thinking.

Ryeowook smiles awkwardly. "No problem."

At least he learns something about Kyuhyun, even if they are really awkward around each other. It is enough for now. Ryeowook just eats his ice cream as he secretly stares at Kyuhyun.

○●○

"Donghae!"

He freezes in his seat when Sungmin runs towards him and sits beside him. He is nervous that he can't speak. Sungmin then puts his arm around Donghae's shoulder, and that makes Donghae shocked.

"I am sorry, Donghae. I appreciated all your work. I didn't know that I was going overboard that I forgot that you had an exam too. I think I disturbed you too much," Sungmin says to him. "To make peace with you, I'll take you somewhere."

Sungmin pulls Donghae and the latter just follows him. They arrive at an arcade near the central park.

"Let me introduce you to the greatest place ever, the arcade!" Sungmin exclaims. "We can't do anything to change the test answers but we can stop worrying about it even for a while."

Donghae does not speak.

Sungmin worriedly looks at Donghae. "Are you still angry?"

Donghae waves his hand in defense. "No! I am not upset anymore. Let's play some games?"

He was touched when Sungmin looked for him. He appreciated his effort in apologizing and taking him to the arcade. He feels giddy when he realizes that it is their first time to hangout together without worrying about others.

What happens to his plan to give up? Well, he plans to set it aside first. Their moment at the arcade will decide if he is ready yet to finally give up his feelings for Sungmin.

♡♥♡

《I am sorry if it is too short. I have to cut this into two chapters because the next chapter is going to be a long one. Spoiler: No KyuMin until next chapter. But there will be a lots of KyuMin from Chapter 23 up. Hahaha coz it is the summer vacation~♥ I know... you can kill me now.》