Chapter 54

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 54 - Another Meeting

♡♥♡

He just wants to end this day.

Sungmin wants to work quietly but he is distracted whenever Kyuhyun is out there, staring at him and he feels like he's going to melt anytime. And totally, he doesn't want Kyuhyun to be the reason why he can't concentrate.

He has not said anything yet. He has not told him to do this and that as a dare to him. Weird.

And it's already eleven thirty in the morning. Only thirty minutes and the game is off. During that time, he hates how everything seems to be moving slowly.

"Lunch break, everyone!" shouts the first batch of waiters. Sungmin and his friends belong to the second batch, and if only he is allowed to, he won't join in with others. But of course, Donghae and Ryeowook would get curious.

Sungmin jerks a little when Donghae taps his shoulder while the former is wiping a table. "Let's go to lunch. I have my father's cooking here."

"Wow!" Sungmin exclaims and immediately follows Donghae. He puts the cloth that he used to wipe the tables into the sink and washes it. Then he washes his hands before he sits on the table with three others. Donghae's lunch box is already set in front of him, and seriously, Sungmin finds it nice and neat. "Really, did your father cook this?"

"Well, he didn't," Donghae grins as he sits beside Sungmin and pushes the lunch box towards him. "But I put a lot of effort to make it taste like my father's dish. I know you haven't tasted his cooking yet and I want to invite you to Mokpo one day."

"That sounds great!" Sungmin claps excitedly as he gets his chopsticks and tries Donghae's lunch box. He eats a mouthful, and is satified with the taste. "Wow, it really tastes good!"

"It does?" Donghae's eyes twinkle as he stares at Sungmin while eating. "I am glad you like it!"

"Are you kidding me? It's the best!" Sungmin gets another mouthful and eats as if he hasn't eaten for years. "You're a good cook."

Donghae blushes with the remark. "Thank you."

Sungmin is eating happily when Kyuhyun puts his lunch box on the table and sits directly in front of Sungmin, while Ryeowook who just finished taking the dishes to the sink sits beside Kyuhyun.

"You're not eating, Donghae?" Ryeowook asks. Donghae mouths secretly to Sungmin who is not aware on what is happening. "Ah, oh," Ryeowook nods after he gets what Donghae is trying to say.

"Donghae hasn't eaten yet, Sungmin. Why are you eating his meal?" Kyuhyun says. Donghae puts his palm on his forehead and glares at Kyuhyun who is not moved at all.

Sungmin lifts his chin and puts the chopsticks down. "Eh? This isn't for me?" Sungmin asks Donghae who smiles awkwardly then when Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun, Donghae glares again at Kyuhyun who just shrugs as if he does nothing wrong. "Oh, I'm sorry. But don't worry, it's delicious," Sungmin compliments as he pushes the lunch box to Donghae again. Donghae has no choice but to continue what Sungmin has finished, and he eats.

"Uhm, Kyuhyun, I would like to say sorry for yesterday, so I made you lunch," Ryeowook puts out a lunch box and places it in front of Kyuhyun before Kyuhyun can get his.

"You don't need to- aw-" Sungmin kicks Kyuhyun's foot under the table and the former grins playfully at Kyuhyun when the latter throws him a death glare. "I should not be doing this!"

"What?" Ryeowook asks Kyuhyun who coughs intentionally.

"Nothing, thanks," Kyuhyun finally accepts the lunch box. Sungmin smirks and Kyuhyun rolls his eyes before opening the lunch box.

"What are you waiting for, eat it," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun who sighs and digs in. "How does it taste like?"

Ryeowook bows but he waits for Kyuhyun's assessment. "It's actually my mom's dish and I thought it would be nice if I try it and-"

"It's good," Kyuhyun comments, but his face is still blank. "It's good. Thank you."

Ryeowook smiles and eats his lunch as well.

"Fudge, I think I forgot my lunch," Sungmin says as he looks for his lunch bag. "Damn it."

"Sungmin, I am finished so you can take-"

"Here," Kyuhyun points his lunch box and gives it to Sungmin. "Since I have free lunch, you can take mine."

Sungmin blinks and looks away. "N-No, I can manage, I would just-"

"I told you, take mine," Kyuhyun says once more, his tone is more emphatic now. Sungmin just sighs as he remembers about their game. It's not yet the afternoon so he has to obey, so he does and eats it.

Sungmin asks himself as he stops from eating Kyuhyun's food. It tastes so delicious, more delicious than Donghae's dish, he must admit, but he doesn't want to show it to Kyuhyun who, like he reads his mind, asks him about the food.

"How is it?" Kyuhyun asks. He stares at Sungmin as he anticipates for an answer.

"It's good," Sungmin replies, and Kyuhyun's face becomes light, but then, the former continues, "but it isn't as good as Donghae's."

Donghae grins like a lunatic, while Kyuhyun narrows his eyes and stands up. "I'm just going to the washroom," he excuses himself.

"He's acting weird, huh?" Donghae notices. "It's as if he is competing... but why in the world?"

"Eh, your best friend is just too competitive and he thinks he's the best in everything so I have to tell the truth and wake him up and tell him it's not good," Sungmin explains. He then notices that it is already twelve in the afternoon so their game is finally over. Finally.

○●○

Two guys arrive later that afternoon. One guy calls Ryeowook's name. Sungmin and Ryeowook look at the owner of the voice. Sungmin is sure that he isn't familiar with the guy who called Ryeowook because he hasn't seen him yet.

The person's fashion style is the likes of a rockstar. He is a good-looking guy, Sungmin admits, but he has this weird aura surrounding him. Then he waves at Ryeowook who waves back. The guy and his friend sits on a vacant table and Ryeowook takes their orders.

Sungmin is curious about the guy so he asks Donghae who they are. Donghae chuckles, "He's Ryeowook's suitor!"

Sungmin smirks and immediately looks at Kyuhyun who is quietly serving the customers. Sungmin gets the plan to get rid Kyuhyun's coldness to Ryeowook, and the weird rocker guy would surely make Kyuhyun jealous!

"I really missed a lot, huh? It's only been three days," Sungmin wipes the tall glasses and talks to Donghae who is washing some glasses. "You need to tell me the story, alright?" He laughs evilly, enough for the customers to hear. He is embarrassed that he goes to the kitchen.

After a few minutes, a group of people enters, and certainly they aren't customers.

"Where is that jerk!?" One of the men asks. The others look around and sees their target. "Oh, well, well, well. This is our lucky day!"

Sungmin just comes back from the kitchen and sees the good-for-nothing guys. They are looking at the direction of the weird rockstar and his friend who seems so shocked.

"Boys, get him!" The leader orders, and the others obey. The weird rocker stands and tries to stop the guys but he is shoved off. Ryeowook attends to the guy immediately. The others takes the rocker's friend by his collar and his glasses fall on the ground. One guy punches him and he is almost thrown on the table. The other customers run for their lives and the other employees try to stop the guys but they all end up being thrown away as well.  "This's what happen to people who mess with us."

Upon seeing all the broken glasses on the floor, Sungmin clenches his fists. Finally, he interferes. "Yah! Stop destroying the ice cream parlor! If you want to brawl then go out!"

"You're such an idiot," Kyuhyun mumbles.

But Sungmin does not mind Kyuhyun. He charges and pushes the guy holding their target's collars. "I don't know what he did to you, but leave him and the ice cream parlor alone!"

"Sungmin!" Donghae tries to stop Sungmin, but the leader grabs the latter by his uniform. Sungmin glares at him.

"Wow, you have the guts. Who do you think you are, shorty?" The leader mocks, leaving Sungmin angrier than usual that he pushes the leader away and the latter falls on the ground. "You're really irritating!"

"I don't want to mess with you but you are messing with the place and the people I care for, so I can't forgive you!" Sungmin says strongly.

"Ha, look how brave you are," the leader stands. "If you are really brave enough then show it. I bet you can't even fight alone."

Sungmin smirks. "Let's go out if you really want a real match."

"How about no?" The leader snaps and one by one, s attack Sungmin. Sungmin has no choice but to throw them out, if it's necessary. They end up outside. Kyuhyun and others go out as well.

"You shouldn't be involved in here because you're not the one we need!" The leader says. "But you are making me angry!" He gets a dagger. "Now let's see how brave you are!"

The leader charges and Sungmin dodges. The leader attacks once more but Sungmin is pretty alert. However, one guy from the back stands and is able to punch and hold Sungmin. Kyuhyun clenches his fists as well and begins to interfere because he doesn't want to, but Sungmin breaks free and punches the guy he holds him and he is also able to hold the arm of the leader and twist it behind him. "I am not involved, yes. I am not the one you are seeking, yes. But I won't just stand here while I see everything and everyone I love falling down in front of me. And no, you're wrong to have messed with me," Sungmin twists the leader's arm more that the leader starts to howl in pain. The leader begs and Sungmin gives him a final kick before the leader and s run away.

Sungmin wipes the blood on his lips and walks towards the weird guy's friend. "Are you alright?"

The guy nods. "T-Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me though. I just did this to protect the ice cream parlor from further damages," Sungmin says.

"We're sorry for this," the weird guy approaches Sungmin. "We are no help and you even get hurt. We're sorry again, and thank you."

Donghae and Ryeowook run towards him and ask Sungmin if his lips hurt. "No, of course. It's just a scratch," he grins and turns around to see if the ice cream parlor is still in good condition. "! There are a lot of broken glasses and flipped tables!"

"W-we'll help you fix things," the weird guy's friend volunteer.

"Oh, good," Sungmin gives him a thumbs up. "Anyway, why are they looking for you? Are you Eun... Eunhak?"

He chuckles. "Eunhyuk," he corrects. "But my real name is Hyukjae. I'm Lee Hyukjae."

The weird guy unbelievably looks at Hyukjae as if he has said something wrong, but Hyukjae just nods and smiles. Sungmin narrows his eyes and suspiciously looks at both of them. "Seriously, are you not lying because if you are then I would-"

"He's not lying," the weird guy confirms. "And by the way, I'm Yesung, Ryeowook's friend."

Sungmin grins playfully at him. "I bet you're not only a friend because I heard that you're his suitor."

"Sungmin!" Ryeowook blushes as he scolds Sungmin who laughs in turn. Yesung looks away as well but Sungmin can see that he's embarrassed too.

"Why oh why, Kyuhyun won't mind, will he?" Sungmin now glances at Kyuhyun who just looks away. "Oh, and by the way," Sungmin turns to Hyukjae and Yesung. "I am Lee Sungmin."

"Lee Sungmin," Hyukjae repeats. "I will remember that, Lee Sungmin."

♡♥♡

《LALALALALA New characters arise. Let us welcome them. Hoho. Who are they and how would they affect the lives of our protagonists?》