Chapter 41

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 41 - Because I Love Him

♡♥♡

Sungmin spreads his arms and feels the sea breeze. He likes the smell of it - refreshing and soothing. He wants to go swimming as soon as they put their bags at their reserved place.

They just get off the bus but there, they can already see how beautiful the place is. Unlike the other beach resorts in nearby places, the place is kind of private. Only few people are there. Maybe these people also won, just like Donghae.

"It is beautiful!" Ryeowook remarks as he imitates Sungmin. "I can't wait to go in!"

"It is all worth the travel time," Sungmin says as he turns to Donghae. "Hey, thanks for the tickets!"

Donghae smiles. "Don't mention it. Shall we go?" He invites as he puts his arm around Sungmin's shoulder and tags him along. Sulli and Sungjin follows the two as well. Ryeowook looks at Kyuhyun who is quiet, as usual.

"You're not going in?" It is a pretty dumb question to ask, but Ryeowook asks it anyway. Kyuhyun looks back at Ryeowook, still not saying anything. He then walks also following the others. Ryeowook sighs as he realizes that maybe Kyuhyun is somehow forced to go or whatnot, but he sees in his face that he is sad for some reason. He follows Kyuhyun as well.

They reach the place especially reserved for them. There two large beach umbrellas already set up, and the maps are also there as well. Sungmin gets excited so upon putting his bag beside the mat, he lies on it. Donghae follows him and lies beside him.

"I think I'll pass with the swimming. I just want to lie here forever," Sungmin says.

Donghae faces Sungmin. "I thought you like to swim?"

"Of course I do. I just want to lie first, besides, the sun hurts my skin," Sungmin replies. Then he yells at Sungjin, "Yah! Put on a sunblock before swimming, understand?"

Sungjin and Sulli obey and get the sunblock in Sulli's bag. After applying it, they immediately go to the washroom to change. Then they go to the shore and play with water.

Meanwhile, the four of them, Donghae, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook fix their things and set up their picnic baskets.

"I thought we're not allowed to bring food because they will give us free food?" Ryeowook asks as he sits beside Sungmin.

"Yeah, but Donghae paid so that we could bring our foods in," Sungmin informs. "Right Donghae?"

"He's the best, alright," Kyuhyun, who is not facing them, mumbles to himself, but it is enough to be heard by Sungmin who is behind him.

"Yes, the best indeed," Sungmin grins at Donghae who obviously likes the compliment. When he is done fixing his things, Sungmin speaks again, "Alright then, I am done. I want to change to my swimming trunks now."

Kyuhyun speaks, "Don't expose yourself. People might be," he pauses, completing his thoughts in his mind. Attracted. Then he continues, "scared."

"You are mean, Kyuhyun! People would love to see Sungmin in that!" Donghae displays a malicious grin to Kyuhyun who rolls his eyes in mind.

"Kyuhyun, you must not expose yourself too," Sungmin turns to Kyuhyun and puts his arm around is shoulder. "Because you are already taken."

"Taken?" Ryeowook repeats the word to clarify if hears correctly. "You have a girlfriend, Kyuhyun?"

He sounds like he is my boyfriend. It is annoying. "It is not-"

"The magazine tells it all. He likes someone from Daehyun University, and it is obviously not me... and he is never close to anyone else but me and... who can it possibly be?" Sungmin teases Kyuhyun who glares at him.

Ryeowook blushes as he realizes that Sungmin is referring to him. He feels giddy inside. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun feels upset and pushes Sungmin's arm away from him.

"You are seriously annoying and stupid," Kyuhyun mutters and stands. He walks away from the three of them.

"You made him upset," Ryeowook says.

"But is it true that he likes someone from Daehyun? It is Ryeowook, isn't it?" Donghae teases Ryeowook. "I can feel that you're going to be successful later."

○●○

Kyuhyun comes back after a few minutes. He sees Donghae already wearing his swim wear.

"Aren't you going to change?" Donghae asks Kyuhyun who in turn shakes his head in reply.

"I'd rather not. I am not going to swim anyway," Kyuhyun answers and sits under the huge umbrellas. "Where are the others?"

"Sungjin and Sulli are already swimming. Ryeowook and Sungmin went to change," Donghae replies. "I can't wait to see Sungmin!"

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. "You are really a ert, Lee Donghae."

Donghae gives Kyuhyun a stern look. "Uhm... I never heard you commenting about ersion or some sort. And wishing to see Sungmin in his swim wear doesn't make me a ert!"

"Geez, why are you so defensive," Kyuhyun sits beside Donghae and stares at the beach. He knows that he himself wants to see Sungmin too. But he does not blatantly say it. He keeps it to himself. And all of a sudden, he feels really excited that he can't help but to chuckle. Donghae hears it.

"Hey, are you imagining things?" Donghae teases as he puts his arm on Kyuhyun's shoulder. "Can't wait to see your dear Ryeowook?"

Kyuhyun frowns and removes Donghae's arm from his shoulder. "Why do you always mention Ryeowook?"

Donghae grins. "Why not? Ryeowook is our friend. And besides, why don't you like Ryeowook? He is nice, is intelligent, is good-looking. He even matches you in every way!"

"What is the fuzz all about? Are you guys fighting or..."

Donghae and Kyuhyun lifts their chins up to see Sungmin who is with Ryeowook. The two are already wearing their swim wear, and as expected, Ryeowook hides behind Sungmin.

"Oh, you look great!" Donghae compliments.

"Of course!" Sungmin boasts. "Are you not going to change, Donghae?"

"I will. We are just waiting for you," Donghae replies. He looks at Kyuhyun and tries to ask the same question, but the latter shakes his head. "You are not going to swim?"

"No," he answers plainly.

"Fine then, I'll just go and change," Donghae stands and gets his backpack.

"You went here but you're not going to swim? What's the point?" Sungmin asks. "Anyway, I'll just see Jin and Lili if they are doing great in the beach. I'll leave you both now! Bye!"

Sungmin gives an unnoticeable wink to Ryeowook who in turn blushes as he realizes that he and Kyuhyun will be finally alone. Sungmin runs towards the beach and looks for the two kids.

Ryeowook shyly approaches Kyuhyun who is staring at the blue sea. There are only a few people swimming because the sun is already high and also because the beach resort isn't as crowded as other resorts.

Ryeowook sits almost half a meter away from Kyuhyun. "Why did you go with us?"

He feels that the way he asks Kyuhyun is offensive, so he understands why Kyuhyun does not respond at all.

Ryeowook is still shy around Kyuhyun, that is why he finds it difficult, if not impossible, to confess his feelings to the latter. Also, he knows that Kyuhyun already knows his feelings for him already. But there is no improvement yet. It makes him sad and scared.

"You. It is because of you," Kyuhyun suddenly answers softly. Ryeowook immediately looks at Kyuhyun who is not even looking back. But he feels a little giddy when Kyuhyun says that it is because of him although he gets a little confused. "Aren't you going to join Sungmin and swim?"

The way Kyuhyun says it seems like he is telling him to go away and leave Kyuhyun alone. He sighs as his hope of finally confessing at that time fades away. "I... I will. M-Maybe later."

Ryeowook's voice sounds like he is offended. Kyuhyun notices it and looks on the ground. "I am really not into talking right now. So if I hurt you in any way, I am apologizing."

"No," Ryeowook tries to smile, but he fails. His voice starts to tremble. "I am not hurt. W-why should I be hurt? I am not..."

Kyuhyun looks at Ryeowook as he stands and almost runs away from him. He sighs as he sees Sungmin looking at his direction. He is too far from him, but he can sense that Sungmin is giving him an intense stare.

○●○

"Hi!" A woman approaches Kyuhyun. She is unfamiliar though. "I notice that you are alone. Can I join you?"

"Excuse me, it's 'we,'" another says. Actually, there are more or less four women surrounding Kyuhyun and Donghae who just came back. "We can join you if you want!"

"Sorry ladies, but we are not available," Donghae informs everyone. "We already have someone in our hearts so we cannot flirt with other women."

Kyuhyun is shocked because Donghae never had the guts to decline women because he would be shy around them. He stares unbelievably at Donghae who is smiling at the ladies. The women leave as they give up in asking them to join them. "It is strange that you decline their invitation. You never once declined anyone, especially ladies."

Donghae smirks. "Let's just say... I've decided to be loyal to Sungmin no matter what because I love him and I don't want to lose him."

Kyuhyun feels pain inside his chest. He suddenly feels threatened with the fact that Donghae finally declares his love for Sungmin while he still lives behind his past. He feels jealousy towards Donghae because he has the guts to tell others how he feels for Sungmin.

"I am trying my best so that he can love me back," Donghae continues and looks at Kyuhyun. "I am not going to look at others as well anymore."

"That is... that is pathetic," Kyuhyun finds  good word to describe how he thinks about it, but he ends up telling an overstatement. It isn't really pathetic. He is just plainly bitter. "You do things you dislike for him. You dislike going to the beach and swimming because it makes your skin swell. You dislike Sungmin's choices and decisions but you agree to it."

"It is because I love him," Donghae says. "It makes me happy that he is happy. This is what matters now. For him, I'll do anything to please him and make him happy. You don't know how it is to love someone who is close yet so far, Kyuhyun. You don't know how to love secretly, so how would you know?"

He wants to protest and tell him that he can because also loves Sungmin but he can't. What if Donghae is right? What if he really loves Sungmin yet he does not really know how to love him the right way? Or maybe he does, because even if it is pathetic, as he describes it, he also tries his best to please Sungmin even if he originally likee it. It turns out, that things like that are enjoyable for him, and seeing Sungmin happy is what he likes.

Except that Donghae can tell it to Sungmin anytime. And he can't. That is a huge difference.

♡♥♡

《Sorry for the super late and short update. :((》