Chapter 42

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 42 - Beach Trouble

♡♥♡

"It is time to eat!" Sungmin exclaims as he goes back to their reserved place. Sungjin and Sulli are following him, but they are obviously against eating right now because they still want to swim. It is already one in the afternoon and they are just about to eat their lunch.

"Hyung, can't we eat a little later?" Sungjin asks. "We still want to play in the water!"

"Don't be a kid, Jin," Sungmin tells his younger brother. "If we don't eat now, we'll miss the jet ski."

Sungjin and Sulli get excited. "Jet ski?"

Sungmin grins at them and nods. "Yes, and banana boat! Our tickets include those so we can do it together!"

"Great!" Sulli throws her arm in the air. "I am so excited. Let us eat fast."

"Oh no, guys," Donghae, who comes back from the beach, cuts in. "You have to eat slowly because you cannot go to the water with full stomach. You also have to digest the food for about an hour and thirty minutes before going into the water."

"That's right," Sungmin nods simultaneously. "Besides, the jet ski and the banana boat will be available at three in the afternoon. So you need to eat now and digest the food first."

Sungjin and Sulli also nod as a reply. "Yes, we will hyung! We will just make a sand castle while waiting. But promise us that we'll be the first one to ride the jet ski?"

Sungmin does an 'okay' sign. The two middle schoolers clap and sits under the huge umbrella. Sungmin smiles at Donghae. "Thanks for lying about the one hour and thirty minutes digestion."

Donghae laughs. "It's okay. We have to let them eat first. Wait, where is Ryeowook?"

Sungmin looks around and does not see Ryeowook. "Oh my gosh. Wait, I'll look for him. Eat your lunch already."

"Okay," Donghae says and goes to eat as well. Sungmin walks and searches for Ryeowook. He sees him sitting by the shore. 

"Wook?" Sungmin whispers as he sits beside Ryeowook. He notices that he is crying. "Wait, why are you crying? Is it about earlier? Did you confess already? He turned you down? I'll kick his -"

When Sungmin is about to go, Ryeowook holds his wrist and stops him. "It's okay, Min," he smiles. "I haven't confessed yet. Maybe I was just too emotional." He wipes his tears. "I just want to be alone."

"You are my friend and I won't leave you alone," Sungmin puts his arm around Ryeowook's shoulder. "What did Kyuhyun do?"

"I felt that I offended him in asking why he went with us. He did not want to talk but I was too hard-headed. Then I guessed he got angry," Ryeowook explains. "Am I that irritating?"

"No," Sungmin replies. "That jerk is one cold monster. You must get used to that, the way I get used to him." Oh what am I saying? Why does it sound wrong? Fortunately, Ryeowook does not react to it. He sighs. "You said that I should give him a chance, and now he's a friend to all of us. Maybe he can't express himself or something?"

He wants to take back what he said because Sungmin cannot speak for Kyuhyun. And besides, he thinks that Kyuhyun is really a warm person when he gets to know him, judging by the way he treated him few days ago and judging by the way he broke down in front of him and cried.

"Do you want to eat now?" Sungmin asks.

Ryeowook nods and speaks, "But before that, can I ask you a question? Do you think Kyuhyun really has a special someone now who is from Daehyun? I am really intrigued because the way he argued with Ms. Jang about that seemed like he did have a special someone from Daehyun. That is why he is acting all cold to me?"

Sungmin does not even know what to answer. Indeed, the way Kyuhyun acted like that about the article lead to confirmation that he really had a crush on someone from their school. Ms. Jang even said that Kyuhyun admitted it to her. But what Sungmin knew was Kyuhyun had a special someone who he wanted to take back and search for in the Philippines. Could it be two different persons? It is not possible. If it is really two different persons, who is he and what is his relationship with Kyuhyun?

Sungmin does not know why he is having a difficulty in figuring it out. He was originally good in such. Perhaps, the crimes that he helped in solving didn't involve feelings or whatnot - just purely based on underlying facts.

"I don't know," he answers. Right now, it is the most applicable answer. "But even if it is true that he has someone in his heart already, you still don't have to give up, unless Kyuhyun himself tells you to give up. And it is your decision to continue your feelings. Just remember that whatever happens, we promised to help you so we would not let you down."

Ryeowook finally gives a contented smile. He hugs Sungmin. "Thanks! You are really my best friend." He stands and tells Sungmin that he is already ready to have lunch.

Sungmin feels that what he said was wrong. But he is Ryeowook's bestfriend. He has to cheer him up. He has to fulfill his promise even if it means that he has to forget his feelings for Kyuhyun. Besides, it is just a crush, right? It won't hurt. But how can he do that if he and Kyuhyun are going to the Philippines together, and alone?

○●○

Ryeowook nearly slips. Good thing, Kyuhyun is able to catch him. "Be careful," he murmurs and lets Ryeowook sit properly. Ryeowook thanks him.

"I am sorry if I acted that way," Ryeowook apologizes as he looks at Kyuhyun who is not looking back at him.

"Why are you apologizing?" Kyuhyun asks. "It is alright. I should have not spoke to you that way."

Ryeowook smiles and continues to eat. At least, Kyuhyun is in a better mood now.

"Yah! Sungjin! I want to eat the watermelon! Give it to me!" Sungmin yells, but his younger brother eats the watermelon quickly. "Aish! I will strangle you!"

Kyuhyun notices that he still has a slice of watermelon. He pushes it to Sungmin who is sitting across him. Sungmin looks at the watermelon and then at Kyuhyun who is looking at him, waiting for him to get the watermelon. Then Sungmin looks at Ryeowook who is silently eating.

"Ryeowook likes it probably. Just give it to him," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. Upon hearing his name, Ryeowook lifts his chin to look at Sungmin then at Kyuhyun. "Ryeowook, you might want some watermelon. Kyuhyun does not want to eat his."

"It's okay," Ryeowook says. "I don't want to eat watermelon right now."

"Eat it. I am giving it to you," Kyuhyun finally speaks, looking at Sungmin.

"I'll eat it instead," Donghae volunteers and gets the slice of watermelon without any permission. He bites a mouthful. "Wow! So delicious!"

Kyuhyun clenches his fists. "I change my mind, I'm going to swim," he states and stands to get his bag. "I'll just change."

When Kyuhyun is already away, all of a sudden, Sungjin asks, "Why is Kyuhyun hyung upset?"

"He is always like that. You have to see him more because he is naturally sulky," Sungmin says.

"Kyuhyun oppa was indeed upset and not in the mood even before we reached here. Was he feeling unwell or something?" Sulli asks.

Sungmin laughs. "No, he can't be sick because he is a strong man and I told you, he is naturally like that."

Kyuhyun comes back wearing his swimming outfit. He does not sit nor talk, but he just stands in front of them.

"Oh, Kyuhyun? Are you ready to go?" Donghae asks while smiling.

"I am challenging you to a jet ski racing," Kyuhyun suddenly speaks, leaving everyone shocked. "For fun."

"Yah! Why are you suddenly doing this?" Sungmin interferes.

"I told you," Kyuhyun pauses and looks seriously at Sungmin. "This is just for fun."

Donghae grins and stands up. "Fine then. This is for fun."

○●○

Since the jet ski is not yet available, the six of them try the banana boat first.

"So, how are we going to position ourselves?" Donghae asks the instructor. "Is it okay if we go to the places that we want?"

"To be honest, it is not possible, because all of you differ in weight and height," the instructors say. "But then, this is not a competition. This is just a free ride so you can sit wherever you want. Just don't forget to wear your life vests."

Everyone nods. The instructor pulls the rope of the banana boat and takes it to the shore. Everyone rides on it. Sungmin wants to be the front one, so he does. Donghae follows him, then Sulli, then Sungjin, then Ryeowook and lastly Kyuhyun. The banana boat starts to move and after a few minutes, they all fall from it.

They try again, but the same thing happens.

"We keep on falling but I love the experience!" Sungmin tells Donghae who is floating near him. "Wait, you look red. Are you okay?"

"I am fine," Donghae says although he isn't. He wants to scratch his skin because he is getting itchy. He thinks that the itchiness would be gone after taking a shower. "It seems that the jet ski is available already. Let us all go back to the shore."

Everyone goes back and looks for the instructor.

"We are going to use the jet ski now. We are planning to do a race," Kyuhyun says to the male instructor.

"You will be allowed if you have an experience," the instructor tells them. "And you must have one companion who knows how to swim well just in case."

"We both have experience," Donghae lies. But Kyuhyun does not speak.

"Okay then. Who wants to be their companion?" The instructor asks. Sungmin immediately raises his hand. "Can you swim?"

Sungmin grins. "Of course!" He responds immediately. "I'll be Donghae's companion." Donghae claps and tells Sungmin to go with him, but the instructor speaks.

"Sorry, but you can't go with him because you almost have the same weight and height," he says. "You can go with the other person though."

Sungmin's eyes widen as he looks at Kyuhyun who is speechless. "No! I'll not go then. I'll let Ryeowook take place."

"Min, I do not know how to swim that well. I can't, although I want to try!" Ryeowook tells everyone. The instructor shakes his head and tells him that he can't go unless he can swim well.

"I will just accompany Donghae hyung," Sungjin volunteers. "I can swim. Besides, I really want to try that."

"Don't worry, Sungmin. We can ride it later after the competition," Donghae tells Sungmin who has no choice but to ride with Kyuhyun.

Both teams have to race towards a flag, then they have to go around then back and forth three times, then they have to get the flag in the last lap and put it into a flag hole behind the jet skis. First team to go back to the shore wins.

The race begins at the start of the buzzer. Kyuhyun and Donghae starts the engine as both teams are settled. After a few seconds, the buzzer is heard, and the jet skis begin moving.

"Hold on to me! You might fall," Kyuhyun shouts at Sungmin who refuses to comply. "Lee Sungmin!"

"No," Sungmin stubbornly replies as he holds on to the jet ski itself. "If only Donghae didn't accept your challenge then I would not be forced to do this."

"Yet you are here," Kyuhyun says as the jet ski accelerates. "You could have not go and there would be no match at all."

Sungmin realizes that Kyuhyun is right. If he only didn't agree then there would be no competition at all. But why did he agree to go?

"And I am happy that you ride this with me," Kyuhyun whispers, and Sungmin instantly looks at Kyuhyun. Even if he can't see his face, he can feel his determination to win, for no good reason - because it is all for fun. Sungmin feels a warm feeling inside his heart and he can't explain it. "Hold on to me."

Kyuhyun's jet ski accelerates again, making Sungmin's body lean towards Kyuhyun's back, and on impulse, his arms snakes around Kyuhyun's waist and his fingers intertwine. Sungmin feels that his cheeks are burning, and if only Kyuhyun isn't concentrating on driving the jet ski then he would notice how Sungmin's heart beat so fast.

Wait, he gets startled as he realizes that his heart is beating so fast. He feels nervous and anxious at the same time. He is totally unfamiliar with it. But he somehow have an idea. "Oh no."

It is soft enough to be heard by Kyuhyun, and he is thankful for that. After a few minutes, he sees the flag again. "Get the flag for me, please?" Kyuhyun requests.

"Why... why did you compete with Donghae?" Sungmin asks out of the blue. He has been curious. "It is just for fun, right?"

Kyuhyun does not speak for a while because Sungmin is reaching for the flag. When he successfully gets it and puts it into the flag hole behind the jet ski, Kyuhyun's jet ski accelerates again and Sungmin puts his arms around Kyuhyun's waist again.

They are now heading back.

Kyuhyun finally answers, "It doesn't matter now."

Sungmin still anticipates for an answer though. It is only about ten meters away when Kyuhyun suddenly lifts one hand and places it on Sungmin's intertwined hands. Sungmin feels the warm feeling in his heart again as Kyuhyun says, "It doesn't matter now because I win anyway."

○●○

Kyuhyun and Sungmin team ends up first. Upon getting back, Sungmin hurriedly runs back to their reserved place because he cannot contain the giddiness he is feeling. Donghae follows him though. 

"Are you feeling well? Why is your face so red?" Donghae asks.

"Uh... I think it's the sun's heat," he lies. "It will be gone."

"Sungmin and Kyuhyun did great!" Ryeowook says as he gets back to their place. "Donghae and Sungjin came close though."

Donghae laughs. "No worries. As long as Sungmin wins."

Sungmin grins at Donghae. After a while, Kyuhyun comes back, and their eyes meet, resulting in Sungmin diverting his gaze away. Come to think of it, he does not feel that they were in a competition. All that mattered that time was the fact that he and Kyuhyun were together. And for Sungmin, he honestly felt good.

"Oppa!" Sulli comes running back to their place. Sungmin immediately looks at Sulli. She looks frantic. "Sungjin is having a fight with someone!"

Sungmin stands. "What!?" He runs towards a forming crowd. He is right, Sungjin is having a verbal fight with six people. "What is happening here?"

"This kid does not like to share his girlfriend to us," one of the six guys say. "We are just being friendly."

"To tell you honestly, we are still not yet in a relationship but you can't have her!" Sungjin yells. The six guys laugh.

"You are making us laugh kid! You are not his boyfriend but you are stopping her to hang out with others?" The other one asks as he laughs hard. He gazes at Sulli. "Miss, you won't be happy with him."

"Hey! Why are you harrassing them? They are just middle schoolers and you look like you are in high school," Sungmin cuts in. "If you want her then you can go through my brother but before that, you have to go through me first!"

"Wow, pretty courageous," the guy, who seems to be the leader, says. "How can someone like you act so cocky? You look weak for a man."

"Sungmin isn't weak!  Donghae yells as he arrives with Kyuhyun and Ryeowook.

"You have some guts, huh, maybe because you don't know who we are," the leader looks back at Sungmin. "If we need to get through you then let us have a battle then. If you lose, you'd be our slaves. If you win, it would be otherwise."

"That is silly," Donghae comments. "There is no way we would battle-"

"If you don't then we'd have your things too," the leader warns. "My friends have seen you leaving all your things. They are currently unattended so we have your other stuff.

Sungmin glares at him after seeing all their back packs with other guys. "Fine. What will be our battle?"

The leader smirks. "Beach volleyball. We will have a beach volleyball game."

♡♥♡

《Next chapter is one of my favorite chapters. Hehe. It is near the second part of the fic. And thank you again for 10000 views! I love you readers!》