Chapter 69

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 69 - I Will Protect You

♡♥♡

He wasn't able to sleep well last night.

There are black circles around his red eyes. He doesn't want to go to school because the stalker might follow him that his friends or even his family might get involved. And that is the last thing that he would want to happen.

He tries to act like there is nothing wrong, but Sungjin knows that there is something that bothers him. He asks him. "Hyung, you didn't sleep yesterday?"

"I... I-I'm just up all night to surf the Internet," Sungmin lies and looks away as he eats his breakfast. "Has Mom and Dad went home last night?"

"Mom called and said that she has duty until later because there was an emergency, and Dad is currently in Busan for a case so he's just going to fetch mom," Sungjin replies. "But Hyung, why did you-"

"Just don't ask anymore. Nothing's wrong," Sungmin reassures Sungjin who just keeps quiet. "Remember to go home early after school."

"Sulli's going here later," Sungjin informs. "We're going to do our homeworks here."

"No, it's better if you just call each other or chat through the Internet. Please Sungjin. It's just for now," Sungmin asks Sungjin.

Sungjin sighs. "Alright. But now I am totally convinced that there is something wrong, Hyung."

Sungmin grins. "Whatever it is," he pauses and does a thumbs up. "Hyung can handle it. Don't worry."

"But if it gets worse, I'd tell Mom and Dad," Sungjin declares. "Hyung, always be careful."

***

Sungmin is on his way to school when the stalker sends him a text again.

Good morning, Sungmin. I look forward to see you again today.

Sungmin tightens his grasp on his phone. I need to know who this is. But I have no idea who could this be. He looks around and sees random people passing by. He sighs as he continues walking.

He reaches the alley and sees cops roaming around. It's not a normal manning, Sungmin deduces, because there are police cars and too many cops surrounding the area. Some passers by are also watching the cops doing investigation or some sort. Sungmin runs towards a cop and he sees his mom.

"What is happening here?" Sungmin asks. "Mom?"

"There was a gang war here early this morning and many of the gang members got killed," Mrs. Lee says. "This is a very hardcore killing spree, so they let me join the investigations. You have to go to school now."

Sungmin suddenly recalls what happened yesterday. The gang members that he encountered yesterday could be the same gang that was involved in the killing. What if, the leader was the one who was texting me creepy things? But then, how would he get my number? He asks himself, then he looks at his mom. "Mom, are there some gang members who just got injured?"

"Well, I was informed that one of the gang leaders was just injured and was not killed. But he is terribly hurt that we are still assisting him out of the alley so that we can turn him over to the investigation team," Sungmin's mom informs Sungmin who stares at the entrance of the alley. "This is very unlikely, you know? Gang wars are not really this surreal."

"The gang leader is being taken out now, ma'am," one of the cops approaches them and informs Sungmin's mom. "This is pretty huge gang war. We are still investigating for the motive of this crime."

Then they turn their attention when the gang leader comes out, and some cops are assisting him to walk and escorting him out. Sungmin recognizes him so he runs towards him. "You're the one who sent me those text messages, didn't you!?" Sungmin clenches his fist as he prepares to punch him, but his mom stops him.

"Sungmin! What is happening?" His mom asks.

The gang leader is stuttering. "W-Whatever texts you received, i-it's not from us! I-It's from him... so... b-be careful! He and his gang kill people who stands in their way."

"Who's he!?" Sungmin grabs the guy's shirt. His mom scolds him and pulls him away as the cops pull the leader away as well. "Tell me who is that guy I need to be careful with!?"

"Sungmin!" His mother yells then she turns to the cops. "Assist him to the emergency van. He's badly injured and he is losing so much blood." The cops obey and Sungmin has no choice but to stop, but he is very upset.

To whom shall I be careful with? He thinks. He completely loses all his idea because of all people, the gang leader must have been his prime suspect since he tricked him yesterday. But then... he has no motive to do such... and why the texts?

"Ma'am," a cop turns to Mrs. Lee. "We received reports that someone broke in yesterday morning as well. The two cops who were manning the area yesterday were taken far from here and were tortured by unknown suspects. They were just found badly injured just today, along with the gang members. They are now in the hospital. We will interview them once they finally recover."

"Sungmin," his mom turns and calls his name. "Do you have an idea about this? Why do you know the leader? And why are you receiving texts?"

"I was nearly late yesterday so I went inside the alley to take the shortcut. There were no cops manning the area anymore so I was free to enter. Then I met the gang leader and I saved Jungwook from-"Jungwook? He thinks. Why was he able to go inside as well? Unless he was taken in by the gang members themselves.

"Well? Who is Jungwook?" his mom interrogates once more.

"He's a junior from Daehyun," Sungmin says. "He's being bullied by the gang members so I helped him. I-" He receives a text message, and knowing that it is from the stalker, he bids goodbye to his mother as he runs as fast as he could and then he reads the text.

If you don't want your family and friends to suffer like that, then they must stop going after you.

Sungmin shakes in fear. The stalker must be a gang leader as well, but who could he possibly be? He has no idea because he has never been in a fight for almost a year already.

His mind is really blurred right now.

Sungmin decides to remove the phone's battery, but he receives a text message a second before he completely removes it. He decides to read it again.

If you remove your phone's battery, one of your friends would suffer.

Sungmin turns around and screams, "Who are you!? What did I ever do to you!?"

He receives one again. He reads it. You just made me fall in love with you more.

Sungmin replies back. Please... stop this...

There is no reply.

***

Sungmin has been too quiet in school. He doesn't talk to Ryeowook or anyone else, but his best friend keeps on asking him why he has been too quiet.

"Sungmin... you look so pale," Ryeowook observes as he follows Sungmin who just stands up quietly for lunch break. "What is happening?"

"Nothing... I'm fine," he answers, completely ignoring Ryeowook. "Please... stay away from me for now."

"Why?" Ryeowook worriedly asks as he hugs Sungmin's arm. "Is there a problem?"

Sungmin removes Ryeowook's grasp from him. "Wook, please... please don't come after me for now... Please leave me alone."

Ryeowook glares at Sungmin as he holds his hands. "I don't care what your reason is for avoiding everyone now, but remember that I am your best friend. I know if you are suffering or not. I know if you are having problems or not. But I won't leave you alone especially now. I may not be as strong as you but you are still my best friend and I'll be always here for you."

Sungmin smiles meekly and holds Ryeowook's hands. "Thank you, Ryeowook. I appreciate that. But-"

"No buts, Sungmin," Ryeowook puts his arm on Sungmin's shoulder. "If you have problem, just talk to me."

"Actually, I-" Sungmin is about to say something when his phone rings. Thinking that it might be the stalker, he lies. "I will skip lunch break today. There is something I have to do first. See you later."

Before Ryeowook can react, Sungmin has finally run away. He reads the message and he gets startled at the message.

I warned you, Sungmin. Ryeowook shall get what he deserves.

Sungmin runs back to where he left Ryeowook and he is right. His classmates tell him that Ryeowook fell on the staircase just a few moments ago and was taken to the clinic. Sungmin puts his hand on his mouth in shock then he goes to the clinic where Ryeowook is lying.

"W-What happened?" Sungmin asks the nurse who is attending to Ryeowook.

"He fell on the stairs but don't worry. We will just take him to the hospital to get his right foot cast once the emergency car arrives. Other than the twisted ankle, he just had bruises on his right arm," the nurse informs him. Sungmin sits beside Ryeowook and holds his hand. Then the nurse tells him that she will leave already.

"Ryeowook... I-I'm sorry..." He apologizes.

"Why are you saying sorry? This is nothing," Ryeowook smiles. "I just fell out of carelessness."

"No... I believe it is intentional," Sungmin shakes his head. "Has someone pushed you or what?"

"I felt that I was pushed but I got shocked when I fell so I could not remember seeing the person who pushed me," Ryeowook says. "Besides, there are a lot of students walking by so I can't easily blame anyone."

Sungmin sighs then stands up. "I will find the person who did this to you. I will find him and I will kick him!" When Sungmin is about to walk away, Ryeowook holds his wrist.

"Sungmin... I don't know what's wrong... but please be careful," Ryeowook warns him. Sungmin nods and gives Ryeowook an assuring smile. He stays until Ryeowook is taken to the hospital before texting back to the stalker.

I will never forgive you!

It's the only the beginning, my love, says another text message. Sungmin finally dials the number and the stalker answers it, but there isn't any voice speaking on the other line.

"What do you need to stop this? Answer me!" Sungmin screams. The other line hangs up but he receives another text message.

You.

***

After classes, Sungmin visits Ryeowook in the hospital and is informed that he can finally go home after an hour. Sungmin volunteers to take him home.

"Are you going to the ice cream parlor later?" Ryeowook asks while they are on their way to Ryeowook's dorm. "The doctor says that I need my foot to be casted for five days, then I can go back to the hospital to remove it. I still need to rest for another two weeks though."

Sungmin breathes heavily. "I am so sorry."

"Tell me what is happening?" Ryeowook asks. "You've been so down lately."

Sungmin smiles. "Don't worry about me. You need to take care of yourself. I won't let that person hurt you or everyone again."

Ryeowook is about to speak again regarding the issue, but he sees someone who looks like Jungwook on their way. "Oh, is that Jungwook?"

Sungmin looks at the direction where Ryeowook is looking at. He is talking to a girl who seems to be crying. Then the girl runs away from him. "Oh, it's him. Was that his girlfriend?"

"Probably," Ryeowook answers. "But I guess, they had some misunderstanding."

After a while, Jungwook turns to them and sees them. He approaches them. "What happened to Ryeowook?"

"He fell on the stairs," Sungmin replies. "But he's okay now."

Ryeowook does not speak.

"Good then. Well, see you around-"

"Is she your girlfriend?" Sungmin asks. "Wow, you got a cute girlfriend. But why was she crying?"

"I broke up with her," Jungwook looks away. Sungmin gets the feeling that Jungwook doesn't like to talk about her, so Sungmin apologizes. "No, it's okay. I don't love her anyway."

Sungmin nods. "Alright then. See you around. Ryeowook must be tired now."

When they reach the dorm, Ryeowook thanks Sungmin for taking him home.

"It's my fault anyway," Sungmin answers. "You must rest now. Everything will be alright after this day." Sungmin turns around but Ryeowook holds his wrist.

"If you're in trouble, just ask our help, alright?" Ryeowook gives him an assuring smile, and Sungmin smiles back.

I'm sorry, Ryeowook. But I don't want anything bad to happen to all of you so I have to do this myself.

***

"Sungmin is late," Donghae sighs in boredom as he waits for Sungmin. Both he and Hyukjae is waiting for Sungmin to arrive. And too bad, he is sitting with his ultimate rival. "Why are you even here!?"

"Just like you, I am waiting for Sungmin. Stop being such a nagger," Hyukjae says to Donghae who crosses his arms over his chest and looks away. "Come to think of it. Ryeowook is not here too."

Donghae then calls Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun approaches his best friend. "Yah, aren't you worried about Ryeowook? Why don't you call him and ask if he's with Sungmin?"

"Are you really worried about Ryeowook or Sungmin?" Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. But he is also not feeling well about Sungmin being late. He is worried, of course, because Sungmin has never been that late without telling Manager Han where he went. So he has no choice but to call Sungmin, but the latter isn't even answering. "Sungmin isn't answering."

"Why can't you just call Ryeowook?" Donghae suggests.

Kyuhyun lies, "I don't have his number."

"Seriously!?" Hyukjae interjects. "You have Sungmin's number but not Ryeowook's? What kind of boyfriend are you?"

Kyuhyun snorts. "Not your business if ever I have Sungmin's number. He's not yours anyway."

The two guys look at Kyuhyun unbelievably as the latter goes away.

I really have bad feeling about this.

"Oh my gosh! I forgot to pass the teacher's requirements!" Donghae all of the sudden stands up. "Today is the deadline! Ugh!" He takes his bag and runs towards Kyuhyun. "If Sungmin arrives, call me, alright?"

"What am I?" Kyuhyun complains but Donghae does not listen to him. He leaves without saying anything. "Geez."

After some time, when he is about to dial Sungmin's number again, Sungmin arrives. He sighs in relief, although secretly. But he notices that Sungmin is a bit pale.

Is he sick? he asks himself. I must check him out.

"Sungmin!" calls Hyukjae who immediately runs towards Sungmin. Sungmin, unexpectedly, asks him to go home. Hyukjae gets shocked at that. "B-But Sungmin?"

"I told you to go home. Which part of it isn't clear to you?" Sungmin almost shouts. His voice is loud enough to be heard by the customers. When Sungmin realizes that he has overdone it, he apologizes. "Hyukjae, I'm-"

"It's okay," Hyukjae smiles awkwardly. "I'll be going now."

Sungmin isn't able to speak anymore. Hyukjae leaves the ice cream parlor quietly.

Kyuhyun observes Sungmin who looks so pressured, especially when he gets a text message. He is really shaking, even if he is too far from him. What is happening to him?

Sungmin walks pass by Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun expects Sungmin to at least greet him or anything, but he didn't. He just enters Manager Han's office. When he goes out, he enters the employees lounge to change to his uniform.

Manager Han, who comes out from his office, approaches Kyuhyun. "Ryeowook isn't going to work because he is injured, and Sungmin told me that he's also taking an early out."

"Manager... Do you know what's happening to Sungmin? He looks so pale and... for some reason, I think he is scared of something," Kyuhyun asks. Manager Han looks at Sungmin who is now serving customers.

"He looks indeed scared. And his phone is always with him now. I also saw him texting someone when he was in the employees lounge," Manager Han tells Kyuhyun. "Do you want to take an early leave so that you can talk to him or anything? I have a bad feeling about Ryeowook's injury and I am afraid that it's related to Sungmin's early out."

Kyuhyun nods. "I think I need to look after him then."

While Sungmin is working, Kyuhyun observes his movements. Whenever he is being too friendly with the customers, he would suddenly stop talking to them and he would look around frantically, as if someone is watching him. He also looks at his phone everytime.

Sungmin finally ends his shift and enters the employees lounge to get his bag. He leaves early without even changing his uniform. Kyuhyun tells the other workers to close the ice cream parlor because he is taking an early leave. Unfortunately, he loses Sungmin.

"Damn it," he curses as he calls Sungmin's number but he isn't answering. "How can he not answer? He always has his phone in his hand?"

He looks for Sungmin but he isn't anywhere to be found.

He searches and searches, but there is no sign of Sungmin so he calls him again. There's no answer. "Damn, Sungmin answer the phone!" When there is still no answer, he calls Ryeowook. He answers immediately. "Hello, Ryeowook?"

"Kyuhyun?"

"Do you know where Sungmin is going?" Kyuhyun asks while looking around. "I can't see him anywhere."

"Why?" Ryeowook asks. "Isn't he in the ice cream parlor?"

"He was, but... he left earlier. Manager Han f-forgets to give him something so I'm doing the favor," Kyuhyun lies.

"I have a bad feeling, Kyuhyun. Sungmin has been looking down ever since he got to class. When I fell down the stairs, Sungmin asked if someone pushed me. I felt that there was that feeling but I thought it wasn't intentional. And he kept on saying weird things like, I needed to be careful, that everything would be alright after today," Ryeowook worriedly tells Kyuhyun. "He keeps on avoiding everyone as if he doesn't want everyone to get involved to something I don't know."

Kyuhyun suddenly stopped from walking. "I... I'll protect him. Whatever it is he's going through, I'll be protecting him."

Kyuhyun hangs up. Sungmin won't just obey the person who has been harrassing him if his friends are not involved. And he is a person who does something rash if his loved ones are involved. An idea forms inside his head and he hopes he is wrong about it.

***

Yesung leaves the practice studio as soon as his band members leave. He has been practicing a lot for another gig, and he was very regretful that he wasn't able to visit Ryeowook in the ice cream parlor.

"Oh well, as long as he's happy with Kyuhyun," Yesung sighs as he continues to walk. He then sees Sungmin running and then the latter enters a dark alley. "What will Sungmin do there?"

He wants to follow him but he sees some men with metal bars entering the same alley. He decides not to go.

Yesung is about to go when he sees Kyuhyun looking for someone. Kyuhyun sees him. "Yesung?"

"Are you looking for something? I just saw Sungmin-"

"Where is he!?" Kyuhyun suddenly bursts, almost shaking Yesung. Then he realizes that he's overdoing it. "Sorry."

"Sungmin went into that alley. I was about to follow him when some men who were armed went inside as well," Yesung informs Kyuhyun. "Why? Is there anything wrong? Why do you look so frantic?"

Instead of answering, Kyuhyun gets his phone and contacts Donghae. "Donghae, is something weid going on around you?"

"No, but I feel someone is watching me," Donghae answers. "Why? Is there anything wrong?"

"Whatever you do, don't call Sungmin," Kyuhyun commands.

"Eh? If Sungmin is in trouble I-"

"Just do what I say!" Kyuhyun yells. "I need you to go to his house and don't go out. I'll call you once it's safe. Listen. You need to protect his family no matter what happens."

Kyuhyun hangs up before Donghae can speak.

"Yesung, I need your help. Please call Hyukjae and whatever happens, tell him to not call Sungmin for now. Ask his bodyguards or whoever and send them to Sungmin's house. If something weird happens, at least, there are someone who would be there," Kyuhyun says to Yesung who, even if he doesn't know what is happening, obeys. "I'll be going inside. Call the police when everything is secured."

Kyuhyun clenches his fists as he runs towards the entrance of the alley. He slowly walks through and sees a group of men and Sungmin.

***

Sungmin arrives at the place where the stalker asked him to go. The stalker texted him the details as soon he confirmed that he would go. He asked him to go to a dark alley far from the ice cream parlor.

"I am here now! Show yourself!"

Men holding metal tubes appear one by one. Sungmin stands unshaken as he glares at them. Everyone isn't familiar with him. He has never encountered anyone in the group of fourteen.

"Which one of you is it? I am here now? Why don't you show yourself now-"

Sungmin stops speaking as soon as one familiar person appears. Sungmin's jaw drops as he sees Jungwook smirking at him. He removes his thick glasses and throw them away. "What do you think about my disguise?"

"H-How-" Sungmin is about to charge but two men holds him and stops him. "You freaking-"

Jungwook approaches him slowly and touches his face. "You look so fine when you are angry. Can't wait to play with you."

"You ing ! What do you want from me!? Why are you hurting my friends!?" Sungmin tries to break away from the two men, but he cannot. "I thought you're..."

"Kind? Nice? Well think again," Jungwook laughs maniacally. "I hurt people. I kill people especially if they are blocking my way. And Ryeowook is so lucky. If only he's not your best friend, I would have killed him for being so clingy to you."

"Don't let my friends be involved with this! I am what you want, right? I'm here now!" Sungmin yells as he glares intensely at Jungwook.

"Yes," Jungwook grabs his nape. He then whispers, "I want you."

Sungmin suddenly has the strength to pull his right arm and punch Jungwook. Three men grab him and holds him as Jungwook straightens his body and wipes the blood on the side of his lips.

"You're wild. I like it. I like guys like you who doesn't give in to me easily," Jungwook comments. Then he gets something from his pocket. It is a mini-remote and he shows it to Sungmin. "Do you see this?" Jungwook grimaces. "I hate to say this but if you try to escape, if you try to hurt me again, your family and friends would get hurt. Just one click of the device, my men would hurt your loved ones."

"You are a devil!" Sungmin yells. "Why are you doing this!?"

"Because I like you! I've seen you a lot when you were fighting those weaklings but then you stopped! You don't care about Seoul anymore!" Jungwook angrily says. "Now, I found a way. You saved me from that gang even though I was just testing how good they were. They hurt you once. Can't you remember? I couldn't fight them because I was weak... and I thought, if I was this weak, would you notice me? I joined a gang. I thought if you hear about us, you would stop me. Then everything just became an addiction when I first hit someone. Then it continued, but still you're not even looking at me. But when you saved me, I guessed that was the start. I stole your phone and got your contact information. I stalked you and now, you're here. No sweat."

"You're pathetic doing something like that. That is why I don't notice you," Sungmin says. "After getting what you want from me, what then? You can't do this forever. And even if you can, I will not even dare to love you back. I will forever hate you-"

"Shut up! I don't care! Until I have the device, I can do whatever I want to you and I know that you won't even dare disobey," Jungwook angrily screams. He tosses the device to one of the members. "Man the place. Make sure no one would disturb us!"

The other guys one by one left. When Jungwook went near Sungmin, he pins him to the ground and holds his arms with his two hands.

"One wrong move Sungmin and your family and friends would suffer, so you have to obey me."

Jungwook is about to kiss Sungmin. Sungmin closes his eyes tightly.

"I won't let that happen!" Someone's voice, which is very familiar with Sungmin, is heard. Sungmin opens his eyes and he sees Kyuhyun. Jungwook stands up and calls s. One by one, Kyuhyun punches and kicks everyone despite of him being hit. "I won't let you touch Sungmin!"

"Click the device!" shouts Jungwook, but Kyuhyun is able to see the person holding the device. He kicks the device out of the guys hand. Kyuhyun then dodges an attack then proceeds to kick the device to destroy it. "No!" Jungwook shouts.

Kyuhyun successfully takes everyone down, the other runs in fear. Sungmin remains lying on the ground, still shocked at everything. Kyuhyun slowly approaches Sungmin, the latter realizes that Kyuhyun gets a lot of cuts and bruises. Sungmin's heart beats fast as Kyuhyun stretches his hand to Sungmin. Kyuhyun smiles at him. 

"Let's go?" Kyuhyun says to Sungmin. Sungmin isn't moving at first, but in the end, he grabs Kyuhyun's hand and stands up without saying anything.

When they are about to leave, Jungwook blocks their way and gets a dagger from his pocket. "I won't let you take Sungmin from me! He's mine!" He runs towards Kyuhyun to stab him.

Sungmin then sees some droplets of blood on the ground. "Kyuhyun!" he shouts in fear.

"D-Don't worry," Kyuhyun turns to Sungmin and gives him another smile. "It is just a scratch."

It turns out that Kyuhyun is able to stop Jungwook by grabbing the blade of the dagger. He twists Jungwook's hand and kicks him. Jungwook falls on the ground.

"You are still weak," Kyuhyun jeers. "You can't even fight alone. You can't even tell Sungmin you love him without resorting to this. And you know? You messed with his loved ones. Sungmin loves his family and friends so much that he would do anything for them. But you forgot one thing. These friends love him so much and these people would do everything for him too. I'll do everything for him, even if I get hurt because I love him. And he is not yours. He is mine."

Jungwook is slack-jawed. "I-I thought you-"

The cops arrive and handcuffs Jungwook. Sungmin's mother is with them and she approaches Sungmin and Kyuhyun. "Are you guys alright? Kyuhyun, you're hurt!"

Kyuhyun smiles at Sungmin's mother. "I am fine, Mrs. Lee. I'll be fine."

"We shall take you to the hospital-" Sungmin's mother suggests, but Kyuhyun shakes his head.

"No need, Mrs. Lee. I can cure myself," Kyuhyun says. Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun and nudges him. Kyuhyun looks at him and sees Sungmin swallowing. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Sungmin shakes his head without saying anything.

"Alright then, Kyuhyun. If you want, you can stay in our house for tonight. Sungmin will be glad to mend your wounds," Mrs. Lee invites Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looks back at Sungmin and he nods. "Great. I'll just go back to the police station to investigate this. I believe that he is also involved with the gang wars. Tell Sungjin that your Dad and I will be responsible for this crime so we'll be going home late tonight. Go home now." Sungmin hugs his mom all of a sudden, so his mom hugs him too. "I am glad that nothing happened to you. I just hoped that you told me earlier."

Sungmin pulls himself from the hug. His mom taps his shoulder and leaves along with the cops. When everything has been cleared up, Kyuhyun turns to Sungmin who is still quiet. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?"

Sungmin does not answer. Instead, he passes by Kyuhyun and walks away. Kyuhyun follows him.

They reach the house at eleven in the evening. Sungmin is still quiet until they both reach the living room. Sungjin is finally asleep on the sofa. Sungmin approaches his brother and tells him to go upstairs to his room. The sleepy younger brother obeys.

"Sungjin, I-"

Sungmin and Kyuhyun is shocked to see Donghae who just arrives. He is holding cup noodles. "Kyuhyun?"

"You're here?" Kyuhyun asks.

"You told me to stay here so I did. Good thing, you're already here now. Sungjin is waiting for Sungmin," Donghae answers. "But what happened to you? You look awful. What the hell happened? Hyukjae's bodyguards also came and informed Sungmin's mom and dad. Then they found guys manning the house as well as Ryeowook's house. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's already over," Kyuhyun answers. Sungmin goes upstairs without speaking."Sungmin must be so tired. Thanks for keeping an eye on Sungjin."

"Aren't you going home?" Donghae asks. "You're hurt-"

"Sungmin and I have something to talk about first so I will go home later," Kyuhyun says. "I'll tell you the story tomorrow."

"Alright then," Donghae says and puts the cup noodles on the table. "Just make sure Sungmin is alright."

Kyuhyun nods. Donghae leaves afterwards.

Kyuhyun goes to Sungmin's room. Sungmin is holding a first aid kit and they meet upstairs. "Why are you here?"

Instead of answering, Kyuhyun sits on his bed. "Wow, your bed feels fluffy."

"Go away," Sungmin thriftily says. "I'm not going to cure you here."

"Is this how you treat your patient?" Kyuhyun chuckles. "I'm not leaving your room until I am completely healed."

Sungmin doesn't complain any further. He sits on his bed in front of Kyuhyun and opens the first aid kit. While putting some medicine on the cotton balls, Kyuhyun watches him. Sungmin is unusually quiet while mending his wounds. He is putting some medicine on his cuts and bruises on his face. Kyuhyun jerks in pain. "Ouch! Gently please!"

He thinks that Sungmin would at least react, but he doesn't. He is still quiet while putting some adhesive bandages on his cuts and bruises. Then he takes Kyuhyun's hand and presses a gauze on the wound to stop the bleeding. Kyuhyun closes his eyes tightly again as he screams in pain.

"Ow! It hurts!"

Sungmin gets the bandages and puts it around the wound when the blood finally stops from flowing.

"Sungmin, it really hurts! Please be gentle!"

"You could have thought about that earlier before did that!!" Sungmin finally bursts out. "You are stupid! Y-You are seriously stupid for doing t-that..." Sungmin's voice stutters. He bows down and before Kyuhyun realizes, Sungmin is already sobbing. He gets surprised when Sungmin hugs him tightly. "I...  got scared, you know? I got scared because I thought you were stabbed! I panicked when I saw blood dripping... I got scared because I thought he would kill you!"

"Silly. He can't kill me because I would make sure that you are safe first before he does," Kyuhyun smiles and puts his left hand on Sungmin's head.

"I was scared, Kyuhyun... I was so scared," Sungmin cries and embraces Kyuhyun tighter than earlier.

Kyuhyun hugs him back and he sighs. "Sungmin, I may be stupid, but it's okay, I won't let anyone hurt you in anyway. Whenever I see you hurt, the pain that I feel is tripled. So I was happy because I was able to protect you. I promised you that I would, right? I love you, that's why."

It is when Sungmin feels assured for the first time in his life.

***

《I told you, you're going to thank Jungwook afterwards hohohoho. Leeteuk is back so I updated. YESSS And wow this is the longest update ever hahaha》