Chapter 51

He's the One

PART 2

♡♥♡

Chapter 51 - We're Back Home

♡♥♡

The next day, Sungmin wakes up first with a throbbing pain in his head.

He sees Kyuhyun who is still sleeping soundly. And he is lying beside him, only few inches away from him.

He jumps out of the bed immediately and he looks at Kyuhyun like he has some sort of contagious disease.

"Freaking hell! What happened!?" He freaks out, waking up Kyuhyun who scratches his eyes. "You ert !"

Kyuhyun slowly opens his eyes as he sits on the bed, resting his back on the bed rest. "Good morning."

"Don't 'good morning' me, you ert! What did you do to me?" He yells. Then he feels pain in his head again. "Ugh, this ! Why is it so painful!?"

Kyuhyun gets a pillow and tucks it to his chest as he looks at Sungmin. "Are you sure you can't remember?"

"No!" He yells again, this time, massaging his head. "Seriously though. I don't want to remember."

Kyuhyun laughs. "But you were asking me."

Sungmin just turns around and goes to the bathroom. He faces the mirror near the lavatory and then he opens the faucet to let the water flow out of it. He scoops some with his two hands and washes his face. The headache is terrible, but knowing Kyuhyun possibly did something to him makes his head hurt more.

He stares at the mirror, and he finds himself blushing. "Whatever you do, Sungmin just act normal around him! Don't think that there was something... something..."

He trails off as flashes of memories from yesterday appear in his head. His heart beats faster as he becomes nervous. He wants to scream but there is no voice that escapes his mouth.

All he can remember is how he flirted around Kyuhyun, and how he gave him a peck on the lips the next day.

"No!" He screams and goes out the bathroom. He sees Kyuhyun packing up their things - even his things. He seems to be in a hurry. "W-What did you do to me!?"

"Stop talking and help me pack up," he orders calmly. "It's already eleven thirty, and if you want to go home then help me pack up. Our flight is at one in the afternoon."

Sungmin gets alarmed and he panics because he surely does not want to stay with Kyuhyun any longer. He wants to go home and forget everything. He runs towards his bag and puts his things in it swiftly.

He looks at his watch and sees that it's already twelve. "Oh . I think your watch is late!"

Kyuhyun looks at his watch again, and he sees that it is not working. "Damn it," he curses silently and doubles time. "We're going to be late! Hurry up!"

They work faster, putting everything inside the bags. When they are finished, Kyuhyun does a quick check around the room, seeing to it that they haven't left anything. Then both of them leave the room with their bags.

They run towards the elevator, but it is full, so they have no choice but to take the stairs.

They go to the counter to check out, but their check out is delayed because they still need to check the room again. They are stalled for five minutes before they can finally leave the hotel and get a cab.

Luck is not with them because they encounter traffic jam. It is already twelve-forty-five in the afternoon, and the airport is little bit too far from where they are.

"This is your fault!" Sungmin blames Kyuhyun who glares at him.

"Whose fault? You drank a lot yesterday and you overslept!" Kyuhyun returns the blame to Sungmin who crosses his arms.

"You overslept too! And the time in your watch was wrong!" Sungmin yells. "So it is your fault!"

"Aish! Let's just run to the airport," Kyuhyun says as he looks outside the cab. "I think we'll make it if we run now!"

"Are you freaking serious!? It's still too far!" Sungmin says.

Kyuhyun gets money from his wallet and pays the driver. "If you don't want to go then stay. I don't want to be late." He opens the door and puts out his baggage from the cab's trunk. Sungmin whines, but he has no choice - he has to follow Kyuhyun and goes out the cab.

"Give me my bag," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun starts to run, taking both bags. Sungmin chases after him and shouts, "Give me my bag, I say! We can move faster!"

Kyuhyun continues to run faster.

"Kyuhyun!" Sungmin calls and runs. "I said give me my bag!"

"Fine!" Kyuhyun gets impatient and he gives the bag to Sungmin. "Don't get too slow!"

Sungmin takes the bag from him with force. "Try me!" He pulls the bag and walks passing by Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun continues to run and he immeiately catches up to Sungmin. He even runs faster than Sungmin. But Sungmin is too competitive. He tries to overtake, but he ends up not being able to catch up. "Damn this!"

"Why are you even racing with me?" Kyuhyun asks while running. He slows down and waits for Sungmin. "I am not your enemy."

"Yes, yes you are," Sungmin says. "Why are you stopping?"

"To tell you that I am not your enemy," Kyuhyun answers.

"You are really crazy! Hurry up! Don't wait for me anymore and run faster," Sungmin says, but Kyuhyun doesn't listen. Instead, he takes him by the hand and pulls him. Sungmin feels a volt of electricity when their hands collide. He spaces out for a moment, and then he realizes that he is being pulled by Kyuhyun. "W-What-"

"If you get lost, I would be accountable, so this is better," Kyuhyun explains. He tightens his grasp. "Besides, you can't speak English that well."

Sungmin's face turns red not because he's tired, but because he's feeling giddy even though he does want to. "Y-you..." he whispers, just enough for Kyuhyun to hear. "You're a fast runner."

And that's the only thing that he is able to comment.

○●○

They reached the airport at exactly one in the afternoon.

And they learned that their flight was delayed to two in the afternoon.

They looked at each other and laughed at what they did just to be able to catch their flight.

"This is freaking embarrassing," Sungmin comments as he wipes his sweat. "But this is funny."

They are currently inside the cafeteria, eating their lunch. Kyuhyun is quietly eating his food. Sungmin, upon realizing that Kyuhyun is not speaking, he just eats quietly as well.

But after a while, Kyuhyun speaks, "Do you remember what happened yesterday?"

Sungmin stops pulling his spoon midway. He sighs before completely putting the spoon back to his plate. "I have no idea."

"At all?" Kyuhyun asks, now looking at Sungmin who is bowing down, refusing to look at him in the eye. "I know you're just pretending that you can't remember, but I can totally remember."

"Look," Sungmin finally meets Kyuhyun's eyes. "I know... I mean... if ever I behaved a little odd yesterday, please forget it. I was drunk and I was not in the right mind-"

"Probably you weren't in the right mind," Kyuhyun cuts in before eating his last scoop. "But I was. I was on the right mind."

"We can just forget everything that happened, and we're done," Sungmin firmly says. "I couldn't remember what you did when I acted like that, but I was sure, you disliked it. You never liked me anyway."

Sungmin doesn't know why he sounds like a bitter ex-boyfriend, but he realizes that he really is bitter for no reason at all.

"What happened last night was something meant to be forgotten, so why should we talk about it? Everything should be kept secret between us. We should also act like nothing happened, should we not?" Sungmin speaks again, this time mixing his food that is left in his plate. "And don't worry, everything that happened in this country would be forgotten. Your secret would remain a secret as well."

Kyuhyun looks at his plate. "I am pretty disappointed," he says. "I am pretty disappointed that we'll just leave our memories here as they are, because I enjoyed everything that happened between you and me, between us."

'Us' is a weird word, Sungmin suddenly thinks. He looks away.

"If you want me to forget them, alright then, but it looks like it would be difficult for me," Kyuhyun stands. "Thank you for everything. Maybe things would change once we're back in Korea, whether it's good or bad, but there are things that won't change and things that I cannot forget, I assure you that."

Sungmin once again meets Kyuhyun's serious eyes. He laughs, just to kill the cold air between them. "You sound like you're leaving," he says. "It's the second time you've ever thanked me."

"Wrong, it's the third time," Kyuhyun corrects, leaving Sungmin puzzled. "Our flight is at two in the afternoon. Let's go now."

○●○

He had a dream. He dreamed about him and Kyuhyun.

It's only been two hours since they rode the plane. He wakes up, seeing Kyuhyun listening to something. He blushes as he observes Kyuhyun's face. He must admit - Kyuhyun is really pretty handsome. His side profile is so perfect.

"How did you react yesterday?" he suddenly asks. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin and removes his headphones. "I-I mean... I dreamed about something weird... which could not possibly happen," he laughs awkwardly as he looks away.

He dreamed about Kyuhyun hugging him on the bed, holding his hand and telling him to fall for him. The dream makes his heart flutter, but he tries to hide it.

It can't possibly happen.

Kyuhyun smirks. "I forgot."

Sungmin narrows his eyes. "Seriously, stop fooling around."

"You told me to forget about it," Kyuhyun says. "So I forgot it."

"Did you h-hug me and hold my hand?" Sungmin asks innocently. Kyuhyun is startled, but he is able to conceal it. "I mean... after that p-peck."

"What difference would it make?" Kyuhyun dares ask. "If I did hug you and hold your hand, then would you stop telling me to like Ryeowook?"

"I know that it is impossible," Sungmin laughs awkwardly. "So no."

"I did hug you and I did hold your hand, if you really want to know," Kyuhyun admits. Sungmin's eyes widen in shock. "And you missed a very important detail - I told you to fall for me."

"Y-you aren't serious, right? You can't tell me such things," Sungmin shakes his head in disbelief.

"Of course I can. You know how much I like how you react whenever I tease you, right? And do you know how I held your hand?" Kyuhyun questions as he takes Sungmin's hand and holds it tightly. "It's like this."

Sungmin tries to pull his hand, but Kyuhyun holds is more tightly. "C-can you please let go of my hand?"

"Not until we go out this plane," he pauses and stares at Sungmin. "I like it whenever I hold your hand. You suddenly look twice as cute as natural when you blush, you know?"

There goes Sungmin's heart again. "I hate you."

♡♥♡

《More characters would pretty much complicate things for both of them... so be ready.》