Chapter 43

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 43 - One Intense Game

♡♥♡

"That is fair enough," the leader of the other team says. "If you are against this one, then you can back out, and we'll take your things."

"You're dreaming! We won't back out!" Sungmin shouts.

"I still don't know why we are fighting over this," Kyuhyun suddenly speaks, looking at the people who are anticipating for the fight. The resort seems crowded all of a sudden. "I don't care if you get my things - there are no important things there-"

"Did you forget, Kyuhyun?" Sungmin cuts in, now looking at Kyuhyun who is also looking back at him. "The plane tickets are there and they are important to you! So no matter what happens, we are going to win!"

Kyuhyun's expression turns into shock. He nearly forgot about the ticket and Sungmin was able to remind him about that. And when he sees how determined he is to win, he gets motivated and energized. He finally nods at Sungmin then he faces the members of the other team and with conviction, he asks, "What are the rules?"

"The rules of the game are simple. Three on three. Each team chooses three players per set. There are no substitutions. The players must play until one team reaches fifteen points per set. In case of a tie breaker, the team will choose three of their best players to play. The team who wins will choose the slaves for a week from the losing team and they will also get the losing team's things," the leader explains. "But I don't think we'll have a tie breaker anyway because we'll win in both sets."

Donghae gnashes his teeth. "You're all words!"

The other team's members laugh. "No, we are not. I can't believe how stupid you are because you don't know us."

"Who are you? You act like you know a lot about volleyball!" Sungjin asks.

"We do know a lot about volleyball because we are a national team for volleyball and we are here to practice!"

Everyone in Sungmin's team is surprised. Sungmin laughs and the other team gets shocked at Sungmin's action. "I don't care if you're members of national  volleyball team. I am Lee Sungmin and I don't accept defeat."

"You're pretty courageous for a midget," the leader mocks Sungmin, resulting in Sungmin sending them an intense glare. "I know now. You'll be our slave!"

His other members cheer. Donghae clenches his fist. "You cannot make Sungmin your slave! I'll take his place instead!"

The leader laughs sarcastically and tells Donghae that they don't need him. "That Lee Sungmin sure is brave, and we don't know who he is, but he sounds familiar."

"You should have heard about Sungmin because he's-"

Sungmin stretches his arm to stop Donghae from completing his statement. Donghae keeps quiet. "I accept all the consequences. If you win, you could take our things and I would be a slave for all of you. I'll do whatever you want."

"Captain, he's sort of pretty in a way too," one member says. Kyuhyun and Donghae glare at that person. "I would want to make him my slave for a day."

"I would choose that petite guy behind him," the other says. He is referring to Ryeowook and in shock, he gasps. "We can also take the girl!"

"I won't let you touch Sulli!" Sungjin exclaims.

The leader nods. "Fine then. We'll take those three as slaves if we win. I really want to teach that Sungmin a lesson and make him do whatever I want, and you know what that means, right?" s cheer.

Kyuhyun clenches his fist as well. He seriously wants to kill someone right now. Then Donghae snaps in anger. "You little piece of-"

Sungmin sniggers. "That is... if you can win."

"Min oppa, we don't stand a chance against them! You don't have to do this," Sulli pleads. But Sungmin, being Sungmin, doesn't like backing out.

Sungmin looks at Sulli. "We don't have any choice," he tells Sulli then he turns to the captain. "Alright then. You can take me as your slave but don't take Sulli and Ryeowook with you. I'll do whatever you want, as I mentioned, whatever - that means anything, for the whole month."

"Wow, you're better than we expected," he laughs maliciously. "What are we waiting for? Let's start the game!"

The teams go to the beach volleyball area. The nets have been set up, and the resort staff members give them volleyballs and the referee also goes to his position.

Sungmin decides to put Donghae, Sungjin and Sulli first. Donghae and Sungjin are good in volleyball, and Sulli is also a varsity, so there must be a chance. When the three players enter the court, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook stay on their team's side. Ryeowook intertwines his fingers and silently prays for the three to win, while Kyuhyun and Sungmin are both intently watching the game.

The rally starts as the other team serves. Donghae is able to return the ball, but the other team is quick. The player in front does not wait for the ball to drop. He spikes immediately, and the ball just bounces just like the speed of light. The other team gets a point. They continue to serve and do the same, until the other team is leading by eight points.

After that, Donghae is able to read the opponent's move, so he counters the attack. The lead decreases to two.

It's been twelve-ten, in favor of the other team. However, Donghae's team loses their track when the other team changes their strategy, resulting in the other team winning in the first set.

"I am sorry, Sungmin," Donghae apologizes as he, Sungjin and Sulli approach the other three. "We were really-"

"It's alright, Donghae. We'll win in the next set," Sungmin confidently says as he gives him a thumbs up.

Ryeowook holds Sungmin's wrist. "Min, I don't think I can do this! I am so nervous and I can't even hit the ball properly! I am so weak in these things!"

Sungmin gives him a tap on the back. "Don't worry. You can do it, Ryeowook. You just have to believe in yourself and trust me and Kyuhyun. We won't let the team down."

"That's right, Ryeowook. All you have to do is to do your best. And trust us. I won't let them take our things and Sungmin as well," Kyuhyun smiles at Ryeowook. Ryeowook is surprised to see Kyuhyun smiling at him so he blushes. He nods in agreement. Kyuhyun gives him a tap on the shoulder too.

The next set has finally started.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun are having a magnificent teamwork, so they are able to lead the team's score seven points ahead of the other team. Ryeowook just remains behind the two of them as he waits for the two to volley the ball back to the other team's court.

But then, Sungmin is not able return one ball so the other team gets its first point. Then they rotate, making Ryeowook and Kyuhyun in front of Sungmin. The other team sees it as a disadvantage so the players aim the ball to Ryeowook, who always makes it fly away. The lead is now one to zero, still in favor of Sungmin's team. Sungmin calls for a timeout and gives Ryeowook a quick tip.

"Don't lift the ball, alright? Just make your arms straight, hit the ball using your wrists not hands," Sungmin tells Ryeowook who is getting nervous.

The time out ends and they continue to play again. The other team sees Ryeowook as a target, so Kyuhyun and Sungmin are not able to hit the ball whenever the ball is dropping near Ryeowook. The other team has thirteen points, while they are having ten points.

Same tactics happen. But Sungmin and Kyuhyun do their best, so Ryeowook encourages himself to go for it.

They manage  the score to be tied with them again. And the last point is for the set point. The ball is spiked near Ryeowook, and the other two players are far from the ball. Sungmin shouts, "Believe in yourself, Ryeowook!"

He manages to light-drop the ball to the other side, resulting in them winning the second set.

Sungmin hugs Ryeowook. Ryeowook sees Kyuhyun smiling at him. He blushes.

The third and final set determines the winner. Sungmin chooses Kyuhyun, Donghae and himself to play. The other team chooses their best players as well.

The third set is the most intense of all, because the points are tied everytime. When both teams have four points each, the other team tries to counter Sungmin's team's attacks by spiking. Sungmin, being the person in front, has to dive if necessary to save the ball, but accidentally, he trips and he lands with his right wrist on the sand. The impact is very hard that he screams in pain as he twists his wrist. Sungmin's team calls for a timeout.

"Sungmin!" Donghae screams as he runs towards Sungmin. Kyuhyun immediately gets a spray to reduce the inflammation of Sungmin's wrists. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Sungmin does an 'okay' sign with his right hand. He obviously is enduring the pain, and Kyuhyun knows that he is. Kyuhyun holds Sungmin's arm and sprays on his wrist. "A-Ah..."

"Just stop diving and receiving the ball if you can't," Kyuhyun says as he intently sprays on Sungmin's wrist. "Don't do spikes from now on. And the ball cannot be saved anymore then don't save it."

"B-But... we can't win without me spiking," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. "I don't want us to lose."

Kyuhyun puts the spray on the sand but he retains his stare on Sungmin's wrist. Kyuhyun speaks as he removes his grasp, "Trust me and Donghae. Just like what you told Ryeowook, please trust me too. We won't lose."

Kyuhyun stands and pulls Sungmin up. Donghae pulls Sungmin as well. "Trust us, Sungmin. We won't lose!"

Sungmin smiles and nods. "Alright."

The rally begins again. Same thing happens and the other team keeps on making Sungmin save the ball by purposely volleying it to him. Good thing, Kyuhyun runs as fast as he could to save the ball, but the opponent spikes it to his original position where Donghae can't reach. One time, Sungmin has no choice but to spike the ball and it fails. The other team's points increases from four points to ten points, while they are still stuck at four. Sungmin screams again as he feels a sharp pain in his wrist as he spikes the ball. He falls to the sand as he holds his wrist. Donghae and Kyuhyun runs towards him again.

"I told you not to spike the ball!" Kyuhyun scolds, grabbing Sungmin's arm again while Donghae gets the spray.

"But I can't just let it go," Sungmin insists. "I know how important those tickets to you, Kyuhyun. I don't want them to get them because it's yours and you need them-"

"You are silly because you are still thinking about my tickets! I don't care about those tickets, Lee Sungmin! You're far more important than those!" Kyuhyun angrily yells as he looks at Sungmin who gulps. There is silence until Donghae comes back to give the spray to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun sighs as he gets the spray and sprays it to Sungmin's wrist again. "I told you to trust me. I won't let our team lose. I won't let you be hurt just because of the damn tickets," he pauses and looks at Sungmin's wrist then he continues, "because you still have to come with me to the Philippines. I will protect you, Sungmin, and I promise that. I won't let them take you away."

Sungmin blushes as he is left sitting on the sand. Kyuhyun stands and sends a glare to the laughing opponents. Donghae helps Sungmin stand up as the whistle is blown. "Just trust us and do soft hits. We will win."

Sungmin nods and tries to be composed. "The game has just begun!" he shouts.

♡♥♡

《Last chapter for the beach trip coming up! And hello Philippine trip in Chapter 45-49~ Second part starts on the 50th yay! P.S. Sorry for the lame title. Haha P.P.S. I DON'T KNOW WHY IT KEEPS ON TICKING THE MATURE BUTTON I CANNOT. It is not my doing. How to fix this?》