Chapter 23

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 23 - Naive Sungmin Causes Bad Luck?

♡♥♡

Sungmin goes to the school the next day. Not that he doesn't trust Kyuhyun, but he has to make sure that he passed Biology and Geometry. What makes him happier is that he has an A grade in Geometry. Although he only has a C grade in Biology, he still makes it. 

His Biology teacher asks him to submit a home-grown flower plant on the last week of summer vacation in order for him not to repeat Biology. He knows he can do it so he says yes.

After school, he goes to the plaza to buy a seed of a flower that he can plant. However, he does not have enough money to buy a seed because the cheapest seed costs fifty thousand won, including the fertilizers and nutrients to make the flower grow. The pot, the soil and the planting tools cost another thirty thousand won. He just has five thousand won in his pocket.

He can't ask money from his father because he would know that Sungmin still has incomplete requirements for Biology. He can't also ask his mother for money because she has not been paid yet.

"Damn it. Why did I spend everything again?" Sungmin asks himself. "Damn. Shall I visit Ryeowook to borrow money?"

He remembers that Ryeowook is not in Seoul. He went back to his hometown and he would stay there for three weeks.

"Ugh. I will just visit Donghae," he finally decides. His apartment is a few minutes away from where he is. When he reaches Donghae's apartment, he knocks on the door but no one is answering. He just sighs in disappointment. "Maybe Donghae is not home. Or he is somewhere else. I haven't seen him yet. I wonder why."

He leaves Donghae's apartment and finally goes to the ice cream parlor to ask Kyuhyun where Donghae is, since Kyuhyun will most likely not let him borrow money.

"You went here just to ask where Donghae is?" It is Kyuhyun.

"Well, I do not have his number on my phone so I can't contact him. Do you know his phone number?"

Kyuhyun shrugs. "I don't know."

"How can a best friend not know his best friend's number? You are impossible," Sungmin laughs. "Oh well. Just tell me where he is."

"Why do you want to know?" Kyuhyun asks again. The irritation in his face is evident. Good thing, it is his break. Manager Han allowed Sungmin to go inside the employee lounge to talk to Kyuhyun. "I don't know where he is-"

"Oh gosh, I am late- Sungmin!" Donghae, who just arrived at the ice cream parlor, says. "Long time no see!"

"Long time no see, but you just saw him two days ago," Kyuhyun murmurs and rolls his eyes. Sungmin glares at him and Donghae looks at him as well, not full hearing what Kyuhyun murmured. He continues eating his food.

"Oh my gosh, Lee Donghae! Thank heavens I found you," Sungmin goes to Donghae and clings to his arm. Kyuhyun narrows his eyes secretly as he watches the two. Donghae seems delighted - his smile is from ear to ear at that time. "I was looking for you, and your best friend didn't know where you were so-"

Donghae immediately gazes at Kyuhyun. "You knew that I would go here right?"

It is Sungmin's turn to glare once again to Kyuhyun. "You jerk."

"Whatever," Kyuhyun hisses.

"Oh, yes, Sungmin. Why do you want to see me? Did you miss me?" Donghae jokes. Sungmin rides on.

"I did. I didn't see you for a day, and believe me, I was worried," Sungmin replies. Kyuhyun finishes his meal and put his spoon and fork in the lunch box with full force, enough to create a disturbing sound that makes Sungmin and Donghae look at him. He stands and gets his lunch box. He leaves without looking at them. "What's wrong with him?"

Donghae just smiles at Sungmin. "Ignore him. He must have a monthly period today."

Sungmin laughs and Donghae joins him.

○●○

"I am sorry, Sungmin, I do not have money to lend you. I paid my tuition yesterday so I had already enough for my expenses for the month," Donghae tells Sungmin when the latter . "I also told my parents not to give me allowance for summer because they are going to use their money for further expansion. I am going to work here starting tomorrow to earn money. I went here to fix all the necessary documents for employment, including my uniform."

"Wow, you are really a good son, Donghae," Sungmin remarks. "And I am looking forward to see you in a uniform. I think it will suit you well."

Donghae blushes. "Really?"

Sungmin nods. "It is a pity that you can't lend me money though."

"I know," Donghae snaps as he thinks of an idea. "You can work here too! You can get enough money to buy what you need, and you will also have money for other things!"

Sungmin pouts. "I think I can't do it. You know me, Donghae. I hate working. I can't stand working."

"Okay," Donghae just says. "I think Manager Han will accept you though once you apply."

Sungmin just smiles.

"Anyway, I heard that Ryeowook is not here. Did he go back to his hometown?" Donghae asks to change topic. "I want to go home too, but I guess I have to work too."

Sungmin answers, "Yes, Ryeowook is back to his hometown. He will come back here three weeks after." Silence is heard between them. After a few moments, Sungmin remembers what Donghae had something to say but was not able to. "Donghae, you were going to say something to me when we were together last Friday, right? What is it?"

Donghae seems startled. He stutters as he answers, "A-about that... I... I want to tell it some other time because it is not the right place."

Sungmin smiles and nods. "Okay," Sungmin looks at his watch. "Oh, I have to go now. I might come across something that will help me buy that seed. Bye! See you again." He stands up before speaking again. "Oh, tell your best friend that I am going now. I don't want to talk to him. He might be busy."

Donghae nods im agreement. "See you later, Sungmin."

○●○

He is bored. He can't go home just yet. He needs to find a way to buy that seed. If he does not get money, he would not be able to make the flower grow on time. Two weeks later will be late. He has to do something, and fast.

He sees an announcement on a post that offers loan. He wants to call the number written but he is unsure.

"You need money?" Someone from his back asks him. Sungmin turns around and sees a tall yet charismatic guy smiling at him. Sungmin raises his eyebrows almost unnoticeably, observing the guy. "Oh, I am sorry. I failed to introduce myself. I am Kyunghee. I am twenty three and I am looking for a part time model for a magazine."

"Sorry, not interested," Sungmin says and walks away. Kyunghee follows him.

"Don't worry, you can earn fifty thousand won in one shoot," he offers, making Sungmin turn back to him. "Since we are doing three shoots, we can pay you up to a hundred and fifty thousand won."

Sungmin's eyes twinkle. "Is that for real?"

"Yes," Kyunghee answers. "I am actually following you and you look really handsome."

Sungmin smirks. "I know that."

"So, are you now interested?" Kyunghee asks again. "Not only that, I will also buy you some clothes for the pictorial. Anything you want."

Sungmin nods excitedly. "Count me in! You seem so charismatic, and I think you are not a bad guy. And that is quite an offer. Let us try it!"

○●○

The two of them go into a lot of shops to buy some clothes, some shoes and some accessories. Kyunghee even buys him food. It is already seven when they finish shopping. Kyunghee also treats him to dinner. They finish eating at eight in the evening so they head to the photo studio where the pictorial is happening.

Kyunghee is before him so Sungmin is following him.

"Are we there yet? When are we going to finish?" Sungmin asks. Kyunghee does not answer but he just walks in an alley. Sungmin still follows Kyunghee. The latter stops suddenly. Sungmin notices that it is already the dead end. "Oh, are we lost? Where is the photo studio?"

Kyunghee turns around and smiles. "This is where we will shoot."

"Huh? Where is the crew? Where are the cameras? The lights? Where-"

"Still not getting it? There is no camera. Just you and us," Kyunghee spreads his arms and looks behind him. Sungmin sees a group of men holding steel bars. Sungmin furrows his eye brows as he realizes that he was deceived.

"Who are you and why are you doing this!?" He clenches his fists as he tries to run towards Kyunghee to beat him, but someone grabs him from the back. Two people were holding him as he is struggling to get out. "Let me go!"

"I just want a payback for making my boyfriend suffer in jail right now, Sungmin. It is all because of you and your so-called righteousness," Kyunghee smirks and grabs his chin as he squeezes it. "Now, you're here and we will make you suffer big time."

"It was not my fault, whoever your boyfriend was deserved to go to jail because he was doing a crime against others!" Sungmin tries to speak as he glares at Kyunghee.

"Oh, really? How about you beating people up, wasn't that a crime?"

Sungmin shouts, "I never beat anyone!"

Kyunghee lets go of Sungmin's chin and walks back. "Oh really? Do you think I will believe you? I saw my boyfriend's bruises and he told me it was done by you!"

Sungmin shakes his head. "I haven't beaten anyone!"

"Go, beat him!" Kyunghee yells in command. Even before the rest could do it, there is a stone thrown at Kyunghee. The alley is dark, so he is not able to see clearly the person who threw the stone to him. "Who's that? Show yourself!"

Using a dim light, Kyunghee is able to see someone who is glaring furiously at him. He is able to see another guy who is also raging in anger. One by one, the guys fall on the ground. Sungmin is able to get out from the two guys who are holding him. He punches the guys so hard that they both fall.

Kyunghee runs towards the guy who punches one of his friends and punches him in return. The guy falls on the ground.

Sungmin sees a familiar face from the guy who fell on the ground. He is surprised to see that it is Kyuhyun, and the other guy who helped him is Donghae. He gets mad and punches Kyunghee. He helps Kyuhyun to stand up.

Kyunghee remains lying on the ground. Sungmin stares at him. "I have never beaten anyone, but if someone hurts a friend of mine, I would not hesitate to do so. That punch is for a friend!"

Sungmin walks away. Kyuhyun gives him a final glare as he follows Sungmin. Donghae follows as well.

"Fudge, I can take care of myself, you guys, but thanks," Sungmin chuckles as they are walking away from the alley. Kyuhyun sighs. Sungmin turns to Kyuhyun. "You got a bruise near your lips."

"It is nothing," Kyuhyun says.

"Why are you with them anyway? I actually thought... he was your boyfriend," Donghae tells Sungmin. "So we followed you."

Sungmin laughs. "You'll spy on me to tease me, right?"

Kyuhyun hisses, "Dense."

"Who is dense, me?" Sungmin asks angrily. "I went with him because he said he would pay me if we would do photo shoot. I believed him because he was charismatic and he seemed okay."

"Really dense and stupid," Kyuhyun comments.

"Shut up!" Sungmin yells.

"I told you to apply at the ice cream parlor tomorrow so that you can earn money," Donghae suggests.

"Bad idea," Kyuhyun speaks again, but Sungmin does not mind him anymore.

Sungmin sighs. "Fine. If only I have money, I would be able to buy the seed for my flower. Damn Biology. Okay. I will try to apply."

Donghae grins at Sungmin. "See you then!"

♡♥♡

《Remember the event that I mentioned last time? It turned out to be a surprise graduation party for me. ㅠㅠ I really cried because I was touched. Lol sorry for the segue, I still can't get over it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter though.》