Chapter 3

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 3 - Fate is Working, Another Meeting

♡♥♡

Another typical day for Sungmin. It's just the half of Wednesday. He's already excited to hang out somewhere after the class is dismissed.

If it isn't for his allowance, he won't come to school. He would rather explore the city, fight guys and teach them a lesson.

And it seems that he will use his allowance again to buy a book that will be used as a guide for their experiment in Biology. He doesn't want to buy it, and initially, he has expressed his dislike in buying that book but his Biology teacher warned him that if he does not buy it, he would be delayed to move to his fourth year, and it's only a term left for him.

"Damn, this ," Sungmin complains as he looks at his wallet. "This money is meant to be used for that fabulous scarf. Geez, how can our teacher ruin my dream?"

The scarf that he is talking about is the one displayed in one of the shops in the square. Now that he has to buy the book in exchange of the scarf, he would miss the chance of grabbing it, especially it's for sale.

"Ryeowook, can I just borrow your book?" Sungmin asks.

Ryeowook smiles as he answers, "I would love to, but the teacher told us that we cannot borrow from our classmate because it will be a distraction to them while making the experiment. I guess you can borrow it from someone who has a different class from us."

"Oh shock," Sungmin feels that his spirits are down. "Are you buying it?"

"Of course, I will," Ryeowook replies. "If it is needed for me to become the first in class then, of course."

"Oh Wook, how can you be so obedient?" Right, Ryeowook is running for the top position in their class. He is very studious and intelligent. He doesn't go out his dorm except when it is needed. All he does is to study, and Sungmin is amazed because he cannot do it. He cannot live without hanging out. He does not like to study. Well, he and Ryeowook have different personalities so it is very impossible for him to do what Ryeowook does.

As a friend, he supports him in anything that he does, except that he has a crush on the Inhwan guy.

He dislikes that cold monster. Maybe because he was the first one who insulted him face to face. And whenever he sees him, he really boils in anger. Why does he even hate Sungmin so much? What if he does it to Ryeowook too? He does not like to see his best friend hurt so as a friend, he has to protect him.

But then, he is curious because he knows his name. Not a lot of people know his complete name. And he's from a different school too. It is very strange. Have they met before? Probably yes, but he forgets him already.

He hopes that he would never see him again. He hopes that Ryeowook was turned off with his attitude.

"Uhm Sungmin? Can we, uh," Ryeowook hesitates to continue, but Sungmin signals him to so he continues, "can we go to the book store together?"

Sungmin is surprised. It's the first time that Ryeowook asks him to go out. He doesn't care if it's just buying a book. He still considers it as hanging out. "Of course, of course!"

"Thank you! And... uh, can we also go to-"

"The ice cream parlor? Okay we can- wait no!" Sungmin takes it back as he realizes that he suggests the ice cream parlor. Why does it cross his mind anyway? "Okay fine."

"Wow, thanks Sungmin! I really want to see Kyuhyun. He's really cool in that uniform," Ryeowook blushes.

"I thought you don't like him anymore?" Sungmin asks.

"He's awesome. His cold attitude makes me like him more!" Ryeowook answers.

"Eh," Sungmin displays a disgusted face. "Personality wise, I still think he's a jerk and he's," he pauses as he sees Ryeowook using his puppy eyes to plead. "Aish, okay fine. But make sure you'll treat me."

Ryeowook makes an 'okay' sign.

○●○

After classes, they go to the book store almost a block away from the ice cream parlor.

"Here's the book! Good thing, there's a plenty of stock here," Ryeowook comments as he sees the pile of books. "Oh, it's cheap."

"Yeah, as cheap as my scarf if I were to buy it today," Sungmin narrows his eyes as he gets the book. "Aish, if it weren't for you, I would have bought my scarf today. I hate you."

Ryeowook chuckles as hs sees Sungmin blaming the book. When they are about to pay the book, they hear a commotion inside the book store so the commotion catches their attention. Sungmin sighs as he realizes that the commotion is made by Kyuhyun.

He is quite a celebrity. Girls are surrounding him. Even the sales persons are talking to him. Sungmin rolls his eyes, "That monster seriously has a lot of fans. Irritating. How can someone like him enough to make a commotion? Look at him Wook, he's enjoying the attention- eh Wook?" He looks for Ryeowook and he sees him joining the mob. Sungmin puts his palm on his face in disappointment.

Then Ryeowook comes rushing to him, "Oh my gosh, Min! He's looking for the same book! Can I have a favor? Can we hide the other stocks of that book and I will give him another stock! This might be my chance!"

Sungmin sighs as he gives up. "Okay. Leave it to me."

They go to the book rack and Ryeowook gets another book. "Thanks, Sungmin. You're really the best!" Ryeowook tries to get into the crowd, but he fails.

Meanwhile, Sungmin gets all the other book and secretly hides it behind all other books in other racks. Kyuhyun sees Sungmin hiding the books. Why is he hiding the books? Is he doing it because he wants to have a revenge on me?

He decides to let him to avoid further commotion.

○●○

"What are you doing?" Sungmin is startled when he hears someone behind him. It is the sales person. "U-uh... I'm... just..."

The sales person raises her eyebrow as she waits for Sungmin's reason. "Do you know that it is what Mr. Cho is looking for!? Mr. Cho, he's purposely hiding the books!"

Kyuhyun looks at their direction and walks towards them. Sungmin looks as him as if he is the dirtiest man in the world.

"I'm not hiding the books from him, I just want to... uh... make sure it's clean so I'm hiding it!" Sungmin himself is puzzled in his alibi but he repeats it as if it is true. His eyes are twinkling, as if he says the brightest reason ever made. "Yes, right... to keep it from dust!"

Everyone is watching them, including Ryeowook who wants to join in and tell them that it's his fault but Sungmin looks at him and using his eyes, he tells him to stay where he is.

Seriously, how can a weird alibi sound so cute? Kyuhyun thinks as he watches Sungmin explain to the sales person. But it seems that he is not the only one who thinks the same. Other girls are giggling, telling their friends that Sungmin is so cute, that he has a handsome face, and good sense of humor. It irritates him. He doesn't want that Sungmin gets a lot of attention from anyone. Not because the attention that is given to him is taken away, but because he doesn't want to share Sungmin to other people.

"He's purposely hiding it because he wants to have a revenge," Kyuhyun says to keep the attention away from Sungmin. Well, he doesn't know what else can be the reason so he chooses to say that. Yes, he is selfish. For once, he wants to be one. "Sorry, but it is the only reason I can think of."

"You're wrong, it's not the reason-"

"Then what else is? Don't insist that you want to protect it from the dust because it has a plastic cover," Kyuhyun says as he observes. Sungmin immediately looks at the book and the monster is right. He just hisses.

As he forsees, the sales person believes him and scolds Sungmin. 

Sungmin glares at him as the book is given to Kyuhyun who pays for it. Sungmin ends up losing his copy, and ends up banned from purchasing that book. Once again, it's Kyuhyun's fault.

When they leave the book store, he grunts and crosses his arms. "He's unbelievable. I'm really going to kick his face and punch him next time I see him. No, no more next time. I swear if I see him again, I don't know what I can do! Annoying."

"Maybe fate is leading us together, but I really am curious why he's like that to you," Ryeowook says. "Oh well, he can't be blamed. He doesn't know it's me who told you to hide the books. I'm sorry. It's my fault. Don't be mad at Kyuhyun."

"I just hate to hear his name. I'm going to haunt him when I'm already dead," Sungmin says.

Ryeowook laughs. "But at least, I bought the other copy."

Sungmin's expression changes as he sees the bag that has two books. "Really? Oh my gosh, I thought I can't move to the fourth year level. And moreover, I can buy the scarf!"

"Hmm, so let's go to the ice cream parlor?" Ryeowook asks.

Sungmin frowns. "No! As I said, I can kick his face-"

"I'm joking, I'm joking, seeing him today is enough. I regret that I didn't have the chance to give the book to him," Ryeowook says. When Sungmin glares at him and asks him if he is really his best friend, he laughs. "Of course, you are. Let's go grab that scarf?"

Sungmin grins and nods as he runs away from Ryeowook. Ryeowook shakes his head as he runs to follow him.

♡♥♡