Chapter 27

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 27 - A Friend that You Need

♡♥♡

"I just don't freaking get him," he says to himself. He is so angry at Kyuhyun - probably twice as angry as before, during the time when he first met Kyuhyun. He didn't know why, but his chest is constricting. Kyuhyun was the only person who made him feel like that.

No, it isn't the same as his anger for law violators and criminals. It is a different kind of anger towards Kyuhyun.

"All-knowing jerk," he sighs as he realizes that he is already in front of his house. He stomps towards their house's gate and and tries to open it with his key. "Damn it!" He curses as he sees his hand shaking that he is not able to insert the key properly.

He annoyingly pushes the gate when he finally succeeds in opening it. It nearly hits the wall because of the force that he used.

With a frown, he closes the gate and again, he uses too much force in closing that it produces a loud noise.

He almost runs inside the house after opening the door. It is so dark, indicating that his parents and Sungjin are not yet home. He opens it and immediately goes uptairs. Better for him, he can sulk and whine by himself. He can punch his pillows and his stuffed toys - yes, there are stuffed toys - inside his room.

He throws himself to his bed as he gets to his room. He just feels weird and he is certain that his anger has not yet subsided. But he realizes that it is not really pure anger. There is something more.

Confused, he turns facing his bed. His face collides with his bed as he grabs his bed sheet and clenches his fist. He doesn't end there. He grabs a pillow and pushes it on the back of his bed.

He never reacts that way though. It is the first time. He gets angry outside the house but it easily subsides when people start talking to him. Now, he feels totally different. It eases him when he is alone. In his mind, the face of Kyuhyun while he was saying that hurtful word is clear.

Hurtful.

His grasp of his bed sheet loosen in that realization. He is hurt. That is it. It is not really anger. It is pain.

He accepted Kyuhyun as a friend. So he thought it would be alright between them.  But when he said that he disliked Sungmin having all the attention, that he was a flirt, that triggered him to feel hurt. They say, if a friend says something bad to you, you would just regret it. But it was a different case for him and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was turned from enemy to friend, so that time, he didn't know how to take what he said. He looked into Kyuhyun's eyes, and he clearly see jealousy so he absorbed all Kyuhyun said negatively.

The thing that he can't understand is why Kyuhyun so fickle-minded. Once, he is a total monster. Next, he is an angel. He doesn't know how to read his mind. He knows that Kyuhyun is a man with less words, but he still needs to express what he really feels towards him, especially they are just starting their friendship. If he is sincere or not in befriending him, or if he hates him or not, because Sungmin sincerely accepted Kyuhyun as a friend.

He turns around once again, his back resting on the bed. He sighs as he feels more free. Upon realizing everything, his anger nearly subsides.

"Hyung!" Sungjin suddenly opens his door. "I thought someone was planning to rob our house because he was looking from the outside."

"Eh?" Sungmin asks as he immediately sits on his bed.

"I actually saw you entering the house shaking and you even shut the gate so hard. Then I saw someone walking towards our house as well and he stood outside. I asked him why, but he didn't speak. But he was still standing there. Maybe you knew him?"

Sungmin goes away from his bed and worriedly peeks outside the window. He is surprised to see Kyuhyun outside. "Kyuhyun," he murmurs.

"Oh, so you know him? Oh great, I thought he was a burglar or something," Sungjin chuckles. "Shall I let him in-"

"No," Sungmin turns away from the window and sits on his bed. "Don't ever let him in."

Sungjin scratches his head. "Why?"

"Because he is a ing jerk!" Sungmin shouts. "I hate him. I really do."

"Why? Did he do something bad?" Sungjin asks. "He seems kind to me. And why is he here then?"

Sungmin stares at Sungjin. "He is not. I don't know why he is here. But believe me, after some minutes, he would just leave. Don't mind him. Go to bed already."

"I haven't eaten yet. I went to Dad's office but he was working on another case so he was busy and he had no time to eat. Mom was on duty so she couldn't go out with me to have dinner," Sungjin explains. "Do you want to eat?"

Sungmin shakes his head. "No. I lost my appetite. Go ahead Jin," Sungmin orders. "I'll just sleep after washing up."

Sungjin nods. "Okay hyung," he smiles then he walks towards the door. "Are you sure you don't want to let him in?"

Sungmin answers, "No. Don't let him."

○●○

He is successful in taking a nap, but not a sleep. It has been only two hours, but he wakes up already.

He tries to sleep but he can't. He keeps on rolling back and forth. He feels restless. He is worried if Kyuhyun is still downstairs. He reluctantly stands and walks towards the window to peek. He feels relieved when he does not see Kyuhyun anymore.

He sighs. "I know he's going to give up already," he comments. However, he feels disappointed that Kyuhyun is not there anymore. Maybe he misjudged him two hours ago. He secretly hoped that Kyuhyun would still stay to really apologize to him. But Sungmin was too full of himself.

He suddenly feels hungry. His stomach growls, and he feels embarrassed for saying no to the dinner. "I guess, I must eat."

He exits his room and goes downstairs. From upstairs, he can hear Sungjin laughing. It is already twelve. Why is Sungjin still awake? And why is he laughing too much? Is he watching other series again?

"This is funny!" Sungjin comments.

"Why is Sungjin talking to himself?" Sungmin asks himself as he goes down the stairs. "Hey Jin! Are you crazy-"

He stops when he hears someone laughing with him. It is a familiar laugh, but it is not from his parents. He is certain that the other laugh is not from his brother because the laughs are in unison. He is certain that Sungjin is with someone.

And he is not wrong.

He sees Kyuhyun laughing while Sungjin is showing something from his laptop. He is frozen when he sees Kyuhyun laughing. He blushes while staring at Kyuhyun. He suddenly is taken away from the reality as he observes Kyuhyun.

His hatred almost dissolves out of the blue. Somewhere in him is pleased that Kyuhyun is still there.

"Oh, hyung!" Sungjin notices him. He returns to the reality when Kyuhyun looks at him. He looks away and looks at Sungjin. "I-I was just..."

"Why did you let him in!?" Sungmin yells. Then he turns to Kyuhyun. "You, why don't you go home!?"

"Sungmin, let us talk," he stands. Sungjin remains sitting as he simultaneously looks at the two of them.

"There is nothing to talk about. Of there is, let us just talk at the parlor," Sungmin says.

"No, we'll talk now," Kyuhyun insists.

Sungjin blinks. "U-uh... I... I think I shall exit now, goodbye!" He rushes up the stairs, while the two of us are the only ones left.

"Our door is open for you to leave," Sungmin says and even points at the door.

"I am not going to leave until you listen," Kyuhyun insists again,

"I don't need your explanation. I need you to leave," Sungmin almost murmurs but loud enough to be heard by Kyuhyun. "I nees you to leave!"

"I am sorry, alright?" Sungmin seems shocked when he  hears Kyuhyun's apology. "It was not my will to say you are a flirt. Believe me. I was just into the situation and I felt really angry-"

"But you still said it," Sungmin says softly yet emphatically while looking away from Kyuhyun.

"Sorry if I hurt you," Kyuhyun says more softly than the earlier one. He approaches Sungmin. "I... I just can't express myself so easily because I... I haven't any friends except for Donghae... until I knew you. Don't give up on me, Sungmin, because I am trying... I will at least try... being a good friend to you."

Sungmin finds himself looking at Kyuhyun again. He stares in his eyes. He sees sincerity. He finally sees something right from him. "W-why... why are you doing this?"

Kyuhyun smiles and walks more closer; his distance from Sungmin is just a handshake away. "Because you are the friend that I need. Because I need you and I don't want to lose you."

His face flushes in red. And he starts to feel something that is isn't familiar to him. He is pleased. He is more than pleased than Kyuhyun's sorry.

The silence is broken by Kyuhyun. "You don't need to look somewhere else. We are here. I am here. I'll be your friend, just like how you and me in the past."

Sungmin is about to ask about it but his parents arrive already. "Oh, Sungmin! Is he your friend?" His father asks.

They both look at the couple. Kyuhyun then looks at Sungmin. The latter smiles and walks towards Kyuhyun, pulling him closer with his right arm. Sungmin holds his arm and Kyuhyun's face turns a little red. "Yes, Dad. Dad, Mom, I would like you to meet Kyuhyun, my friend."

○●○

《OFFICIALLY A FRIEND. CONGRATULATIONS CHO. The fluffy summer vacation starts here. But... there is still a but though. Woot. Hope you enjoyed and hope this chapter brought you happiness. Again, sorry for the delay.》