Chapter 73

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 73 - Holiday Overnight: Taemin's Revenge

♡♥♡

"Sungmin!"

Hyukjae waves as he sees Sungmin walking towards him. He excitedly meets Sungmin. Sungmin waves back and hurries up to meet Hyukjae halfway. "Hi! Sorry if I am late."

"It's okay, I am just too early," Hyukjae scratches the back of his head as he grins widely, showing his gums. "I am just so excited to see you. I've been preparing for your overnight in our house. Let's go?"

"Ah, aren't we going to wait for the others first? You said we'll be meeting them here?" Sungmin looks around. He sees no one coming, considering the fact that he is fifteen minutes late from their meeting time.

Hyukjae awkwardly laughs, "They said they would just go to our house-"

"You are such a liar," Donghae says as he approaches the two. Sungmin smiles at Donghae while Hyukjae glares at him. "He didn't even tell-"

"A-Ah! Welcome, Donghae! Glad you make it on time!" Hyukjae taps Donghae's back, grinning sarcastically at Donghae who remains his glare at the former. "I also thought it would be a hassle if you would go to our house by yourself... so..."

"You didn't even-"

"Ah. Sungmin, are there others who would join us?" Hyukjae turns to Sungmin who simultaneously looks at Hyukjae and Donghae. "We can wait for them here too."

"What a sudden turn around," Donghae comments and looks away.

Sungmin nods. "Actually, there are two more who would join us. I invited them... if it's okay with you?"

Hyukjae smiles awkwardly. "It's okay, of course! The more the merrier!" Damn, not good.

"I bet he doesn't really mean it," Donghae comments again, and Hyukjae kicks him when Sungmin is looking around for the other two who would join them. Donghae scowls in pain, making Sungmin look at him in the process. "Hyukjae kicked me!"

Hyukjae put his arm around Donghae's shoulders. "Why would I even kick you? You're my friend."

Donghae hisses and removes Hyukjae's arm around his shoulders. "You're not my friend!"

"Guys, it's new year next week! You should seriously stop fighting," Sungmin tells both of them. "At least get to know each other."

"Don't worry, Sungmin. We're not friends, but we're best friends!" Hyukjae widens his eyes to threaten Donghae. "Right, Donghae?"

"Yeah, we are," Donghae affirms. We will never be friends, you dimwit. "This is just our way to tease each other."

Sungmin looks at Donghae, then at Hyukjae. "That's good to hear," he says and looks around. "Where are Sungjin and Kyuhyun though?"

"Kyuhyun?" Donghae asks Sungmin. "Why is he coming? He didn't even-"

"Kyuhyun has to confirm something," Sungmin replies, then he looks at Hyukjae. "By any chance, Hyukjae. Do you know why Taemin is acting like he hates Kyuhyun? Did they meet somewhere?"

Hyukjae furrows his eyebrows as he tries to remember. But there is nothing coming in his mind. "I don't even know if they met before. But it's impossible. Taemin has been studying in the Philippines since he was seven until now. But they could have met even before, because Taemin was-"

"Hyung!" calls Sungjin, who catches the attention of the three. He is with Kyuhyun who is staring at Sungmin. "Kyuhyun hyung was on his way when I met him."

Sungmin blushes as he looks away. Kyuhyun really knows how to melt people's hearts. I hate him. "Glad that both of you are here. Now we can go."

"Where's Ryeowook?" Donghae asks. "I knocked on the door of his apartment this morning, but no one answered. Isn't he coming?"

Sungmin answers, "Well, Ryeowook wanted to go, but his parents initially wanted him to come home for Christmas so sadly, he couldn't go. Oh well, I brought Sungjin as a substitute."

Hyukjae finds it positive, since he can win Sungjin's heart for Sungmin. "Since we are complete, we need to go now. I have a lot of activities in store for us. Sungmin, let's go?" He pulls Sungmin, then Donghae catches up and walks together with the two. Sungjin looks at Kyuhyun who has a very dark expression.

"Hyung, why are you doing nothing?" Sungjin asks as Kyuhyun starts walking almost two meters away from Sungmin, Donghae and Hyukjae. "Why aren't you going after my hyung?"

Kyuhyun stops from walking then he turns to Sungjin, his face turning pink as he realizes what he means. "Hmm? What did you say?"

"I-I... I kinda... saw you yesterday. I was about to sleep, but I suddenly got thirsty so I went down, and saw, and heard... accidentally. Just accidentally! I didn't really watch!" Sungjin waves his two hands. "I won't tell Donghae hyung and Hyukjae hyung!"

Kyuhyun blinks and smirks, then he continues to walk. Sungjin follows him. "So you saw it all... that we kissed."

Sungjin looks at the three guys walking in front of him. "Sungmin hyung knows that you love him, right?"

Kyuhyun nods. "He does."

"And he loves you too, right?" Sungjin asks again. "I mean, he won't kiss you back if he doesn't love you."

Kyuhyun chuckles softly. "I hope you're right. I hope he loves me too, just like you said."

"Why aren't you competing against the two of them?" Sungjin questions. "Sungmin hyung is popular. I know people would line up to give him chocolates on Valentine's Day. Now, he is the source of Hyukjae hyung and Donghae hyung's feud."

"If I compete with them, do you think Sungmin would be happy? I just keep it in, my jealousy, because at the end of the day, I would be the loser if I compete with the two. If Sungmin really loves me, I think, even if I don't compete with the two, he would choose me over everyone else," Kyuhyun reasons out. "Sungjin, I love your hyung. Really. If I go to Harvard, please take care of him."

Sungjin nods, then he stares at his hyung's back. "I will, but I hope you would not leave my hyung. He'd be hurt if you go elsewhere. But of course, you're still the one who would decide for your future."

"Thanks, Sungjin," Kyuhyun smiles at Sungjin.

"Yah! Both of you, come quick!" Sungmin calls. Sungjin and Kyuhyun exchanges gazes at each other before they walk quickly towards Sungmin.

***

"Freaking hell! This house is huge!" Sungmin comments as they arrive at Hyukjae's house. From the front yard, he can deduce that the house is covering almost one or two hectares of land. And from there, he thinks that Hyukjae's house was not just a house, but an all-in-one mansion. "Almost everyone in our neighborhood can live here."

They are not exaggerating. Hyukjae's house has everything in it. He is indeed a multi-billionaire's son. Hyukjae then smiles at Sungmin, then he says, "Let's enter the house so that I can take you to your rooms." Hyukjae guides everyone in entering his house and they stop at the lobby.

The mansion has a mix of traditional and modern Korean architecture. From the lobby, they can see two staircases, one on the middle left and one on the middle right of the whole first floor, and these staircases lead to the seen second floor.

Meanwhile, Donghae is also amused as he looks around, but when Hyukjae looks at him and gives him a 'what-can-you-say' look, he pretends that he is not amazed. He continues walking as if he doesn't like what he sees, but to himself, he admits that Hyukjae's house is amazing.

"Anyway, where's Taemin-"

"Oh, so your visitors already arrived," says someone upstairs. They all look at that person and it appears to be Taemin. "Welcome to our house." Taemin specifically eyes Kyuhyun who is staring back at him. Taemin cuts the eye-to-eye contact after ten seconds then smiles at everyone. "Enjoy. My brother really prepared a lot."

"You're not going to join us?" Sungmin asks. He looks at Kyuhyun who is now looking elsewhere then he looks back at Taemin. "You can join us since Sungjin is here too."

"Hyung!" Sungjin irritatingly scolds Sungmin who just chuckles at his brother's reaction.

Taemin shakes his head. "Don't worry, Sungmin hyung. I'll definitely join you. But not today. I have some things to do first."

"It's Christmas vacation. Why do you need to do something else?" Hyukjae asks his brother.

"Just because," Taemin says. "Well, got to go. I hope you enjoy," Taemin smiles then stares at Kyuhyun before he turns around to leave them.

"I don't understand your brother at all," Sungjin comments. "Is he normally like that when you have visitors?"

Hyukjae hums and crosses his arms over his chest. "Well, he isn't. And actually, I don't know. I haven't had the chance to know because he studied in the Philippines."

Kyuhyun raises his eyebrow. "He did?"

"Yeah, he went to the Philippines to study. He doesn't want to go with me so..." Hyukjae trails off. "Anyway, I will show you your rooms. Follow me!" Hyukjae grabs Sungmin and Sungmin lest him. Everyone follows.

When they go upstairs, Hyukjae shows Sungmin's room first. When he opens the room, they are all amazed because it is too big for a room. "W-Wow."

"Yep, this is the biggest guest room for the VIP. Because Sungmin's a VIP," Hyukjae grins at Sungmin then the latter runs into the room and goes to the balcony. "Do you like it?"

Sungmin turns to Hyukjae. "I love it! The view is really awesome. What is that on the right?"

"It's a covered swimming pool. It's actually Olympic size so-"

"You got to be kidding me!" Sungjin exclaims as he shows excitement. "You have a pool like that?"

Hyukjae raises his two thumbs up. "Yes. We also have tennis court and basketball court here. We can easily convert all courts depending on what games we want to play. We can turn the court into a volleyball court if you want."

"How in the world would one establishment be converted into different types of recreational facility?" Donghae challenges Hyukjae who seems not afraid of Donghae's challenge. "That's bogus."

"If you want, we can go there later," Hyukjae says. "This house has not yet been that revamped, but we are on the process of it. But every facility of this house is monitored and enabled by the latest technology. If you want to, I can also tour you." The owner of the house turns once again to Sungmin who adoring the view from the balcony.

"Geez, this monkey really ," Donghae whispers to Kyuhyun. "Does he think Sungmin would fall for big rooms like this?"

Kyuhyun just remains silent. Yeah, Sungmin likes big rooms.

"I think I can live here!" Sungmin comments, and the comment receives a jaw-drop from Donghae, and a pokerface from Kyuhyun. "How can you still go out if you have all these in your house?"

"I don't have friends. I am glad that I met you outside the house. And besides, it's boring here. Really, once you tried everything, you would not like it anymore," Hyukjae answers. "And, oh, of course, Sungjin, your room will be beside your brother's room. Do you want to come with me?" Hyukjae asks Sungjin who excitedly follows Hyukjae who exits the room. Donghae turns to Sungmin who is about to go out, but he exits the room first. When Sungmin is about to go out, Kyuhyun holds his wrist. Sungmin's eyebrows meet and faces Kyuhyun.

"So, you want to live here?" Kyuhyun asks.

"Kyuhyun please," Sungmin grins widely at Kyuhyun as the former taps the latter's arm. "It is just an exaggeration."

"Exaggeration or not, it makes me jealous," Kyuhyun says straight-to-the-point. Sungmin blushes because for the first time, Kyuhyun tells him he's jealous. "I certainly do not have a house like this," Kyuhyun looks around as he pauses, then he continues, "but I still can give you the love that you need in my small house."

Sungmin laughs. "Are you proposing or something?"

"What if I am?" Kyuhyun smirks and holds Sungmin's arms. Sungmin's eyes meet Kyuhyun's. "If I ask you to live with me, would you?"

Sungmin feels his heart wanting to get out his rib cage. Kyuhyun's statements are on a whole new level - it levels up and it produces a much more improved effect in him. "We are not even boyfriends yet."

From his serious expression, Kyuhyun starts to let go of a small chuckle that eventually turns into a loud laugh. Sungmin raises his right eyebrow. "So... you're planning to be intimate with me? Because you said, 'yet.'"

"No!" Sungmin answers. "Don't get too cocky please. I only kissed you last Christmas because... I-I... I have no present to give to you!"

"Whatever you say," Kyuhyun winks and nudges Sungmin. Then he exits the room.

"Yah!" Sungmin calls chase after Kyuhyun.

***

"I really can't believe he gives me the farthest room! I will kill him!" Donghae mutters to Kyuhyun. They are now inside the entertainment area where table games and other games that do not need huge facilities are. They have finished eating dinner and Hyukjae has finished assigning to their rooms and touring them to the whole house - in which Donghae thought Hyukjae was just being boastful about everything - and of course, Hyukjae thought Donghae was being bitter about everything. "Yah! Lee Hyukjae!" He stands and approaches Hyukjae. He points towards him and duels him. "Let's have a battle!"

"Donghae? Why so sudden-"

"You know Hyukjae has a huge crush on you, right? I know that you already rejected my feelings but it doesn't mean I'll just lose to this... monkey!" Donghae says without looking away from Hyukjae. "Do you accept it?"

Hyukjae stands as well and faces Donghae. "You already lost. Sungmin dumped you already-"

"He hadn't acknowledged your feelings either," Donghae cuts in. "So there isn't a winner yet."

"Guys... guys. There is no need for this, we're all friends," Sungmin awkwardly goes between the two and lightly pushes the two away from each other.

"The heck will I get friends to that monkey!" Donghae eyes Hyukjae from head to toe and in return, the latter gnashes his teeth.

Hyukjae smirks. "Fine, I will fight you. Whoever lose must accept, as a man, that he is defeated. The man who loses will hinder the other's feelings for Sungmin."

"Deal!" Donghae agrees. "Let's play table tennis!"

"Guys... I-I'm-"

"Table tennis, it is," Hyukjae asks his maids to get the table tennis ready. The two competing parties dorn't hear Sungmin. Instead, they go to their positions and start the game.

Thirty minutes has passed and the scores are still tied. Sungjin, who was at first enthusiastic and excited in watching the two people compete, begins reading the magazine stack on the magazine rack near the sofa. Sungmin gets bored and leaves to explore the house more.

He goes to the balcony to breathe some fresh air.

"Bored?"

Sungmin almost jumps in shock when someone hugs him from behind. When he recognizes the voice, he turns around only to see Kyuhyun putting his head on his shoulder. "How about you?"

Kyuhyun pulls himself away and stands beside him. "Yeah," he murmurs as he tucks himself close to Sungmin. "I saw you going out. I wonder if they notice."

"I bet they didn't," Sungmin laughs. "I can't really understand why they do that. They are like mortal enemies."

"It's because of you," Kyuhyun answers. "Their pride is at stake. If one of them wins, one would give you up."

"I feel bad for not being able to tell them that I want them both to give up, that I won't choose anyone of them," Sungmin says while looking at the view through the balcony. "I just want them to be friends too, that's all."

"No matter what you say to them, they would still feel the same way about you. That's how love is. No one can dictate you to conitnue or to stop. Don't worry, it's their choice, you don't need to concern yourself," Kyuhyun puts his arm around his shoulders and pulls Sungmin closer.

Sungmin then turns to Kyuhyun. "Then why did you not join them?"

"Like the two of them, I just can't give you up," Kyuhyun smiles sweetly then he looks at the sky. "Do you know... there's something I really miss doing."

Sungmin asks curiously, "What is it?"

Kyuhyun points his finger to one star then uses it to trace an imaginary line using the stars. "It's funny how stars still show after Christmas, even if it snowed the night after. Try pointing one star then imitate what I am doing," Kyuhyun asks Sungmin who immediately complies. Sungmin feels happy when he traces an imaginary line then their fingers end up connecting. Sungmin blushes and Kyuhyun then looks back at Sungmin. "I do this with my brother. We trace random lines but our fingers would always end up connected. I told him, it was our stars, that no matter where we were, we would still be together."

"You must miss your brother a lot," Sungmin whispers. "I also believe that you will still meet and you will be together. Who knows, you might meet him right now."

Kyuhyun turns Sungmin to him and secures his two arms on Sungmin's shoulder. "Once I meet him, you and I..." Kyuhyun says softly as he tries bowing to meet Sungmin's lips, then he continues, "we will live happily... together." Kyuhyun gives Sungmin a long kiss and smiles after he ends it.

Sungmin hits Kyuhyun's arm. "Yah!"

"I love you," Kyuhyun mumbles as he pulls Sungmin for a hug.

***

From afar, one pair of eyes is watching. He doesn't hear, but the way he sees it, it seems that Kyuhyun is in love with Sungmin.

He goes into his brother's room and sits on his bed. He cannot miss the chance to have his revenge. And as he predicted, his brother arrives, pretty exhausted as he lies on the bed.

"How is your childish game?" he asks.

"No one wins," Hyukjae says almost unwillingly because all he wants to do is to sleep because he is too tired. He is now lying face down as he tucks his face onto the pillow. "Donghae is such a strong competitor. He doesn't get tired so we both destroyed the table tennis balls so we do not have left and Sungjin declares it a draw because it seems that Sungmin isn't even there. He must have fallen asleep."

"Are you sure? You didn't see him?" He asks as he looks away. "As far as I know, he is at the balcony with that Kyuhyun. And I think everything is becoming intimate between the two of them."

Hyukjae turns around and sits, then laughs loudly. "Like seriously? Kyuhyun? Sungmin? They are like a dog and a cat that always fight. Intimate? And besides, Kyuhyun isn't even talking to Sungmin alot of times. How-"

"How about we go there?" he asks. "Are you sure that your mortal enemy is Donghae? That you have to concern yourself over him? Maybe you're barking at the wrong tree."

"You know, Taemin," Hyukjae turns serious as he almost glares at his brother. "I don't know, but I really feel that Sungmin and Kyuhyun are right. That you are spreading rumors like wild fire about Kyuhyun. What did he do to make you so angry?"

Taemin clenches his wrists. He wants to tell him, but he stops himself. "Ugh. If you don't want to believe me then fine. I am just trying to warn you." He stands and prepares to leave as Hyukjae returns to tucking his face into the pillow. Taemin leaves and almost slams the door. Hyukjae sits on his bed again as he hugs his pillow.

"It is impossible."

***

"It's his fault that Sungmin gets bored and leaves!" Donghae yells angrily as he walks on his way to his room that is literally the farthest among all rooms. "He gave me and Kyuhyun a room to share with together! Such an !"

While walking towards his room, he sees a tall guy leaning on the wall beside his room, his eyes staring at Donghae and his arms crossed. Donghae stops midway, but he continues walking after a bit as he recognizes the person. When he reaches his room, the guy speaks. "Hi. Finished, hyung?"

Donghae sighs heavily. "Yes. Why are you there? Are you looking for someone?"

Taemin smirks. "I am actually looking for you. Do you know where Sungmin went?"

"Hmm? He left us almost an hour ago. Why? Why are you looking for him? Maybe he's in his room, or Sungjin's room?" Donghae asks back, not really knowing where Sungmin is. "Why?"

"Oh I see," Taemin smiles. "Do you know where your bestfriend is?"

"I have no idea. He left as well and I didn't notice where he went," Donghae replies. "Why are you looking for the both of them? Do you need something-"

"Nothing actually. I just asked. Maybe they were together in one place, I don't know, maybe they are doing something friends not usually do," Taemin utters as he looks away. "I just came here to warn you. You might be competing with the wrong person."

"Did Hyukjae send you here?" Donghae asks, evidently pissed. "Please tell him that he won't-"

"He didn't," Taemin cuts in. "You see, I am not close to my brother, and he can't order me around. But I can assure you. I know what I feel and I know what I see. If you really know your best friend, you would definitely know what's going on between him and Sungmin."

Donghae clenches his fists. He is really pissed off at Taemin. Why would someone judge his best friend like that? And why does Taemin do that? "I'm sorry, I know you're one of the owner of this house, and I don't want to fight you. But the way you're acting right now really makes me mad. I don't know why you're doing this, but Kyuhyun doesn't like Sungmin the way I... I like him."

Taemin smiles and nods as if he is annoying the guy in front of him. "Okay then. But don't say I didn't warn you. Just be careful. It hurts more when you are stabbed in the back," Taemin bows. "Goodnight, Donghae hyung."

Taemin leaves quietly. Donghae stares at the younger's back before he completely disappears.

Donghae breathes in and out and calms himself as he enters his room. Kyuhyun is not inside. He wants to confirm what Taemin told him, but his feet are betraying him. More of he doesn't want to confirm it. Because if it's true, he would really feel bad. He doesn't know what he would do. His mind is creating different scenarios - and it is bad for him to imagine - and his heart is wanting him to go out and find Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

After being lost in space, the door opens, and Kyuhyun enters. He turns around to ask Kyuhyun. "Yah, where did you go?" He makes his voice as casual as possible, as if he is not feeling doubts as of this moment. "You just disappeared. Are you with Sungmin?"

Kyuhyun takes too long to reply, but he still does after he gets some clothes in his bag. "Yes, why?"

"What did you do?" Donghae asks once again, now facing Kyuhyun. "Why did you leave?"

"He said it's getting boring. I, too, thought it was getting boring so I went out and followed him," Kyuhyun replies nonchalantly as he closes his bag. "I am going to take a shower."

"Wait, Kyuhyun. Answer me honestly. What do you think of Sungmin?" Donghae asks for the third time. Kyuhyun turns around and faces Donghae. Donghae bites his lip and looks away. "It's just that I heard a lot of rumors from Taemin... It's not that I don't trust you but-"

"So, it's Taemin again," Kyuhyun smirks. "I wonder why he says a lot of negative things about me. I assume it's negative, because the way you say it... it's a bit offensive. But okay. If you want an answer, I would answer you. I like Sungmin. As a friend, as someone more than that. Happy now?"

Donghae's jaw drops as he hears a completely straight to the point answer by Kyuhyun. "Y-You..."

"I don't betray you, don't think of it that way. I have given Sungmin a lot of time to decide for himself. And you know that our hearts cannot be convinced to continue or stop our feelings for someone. I hope you understand what I am saying to you," Kyuhyun goes inside the bathroom and closes the door behind him.

Donghae is left speechless.

***

"Donghae. Donghae, are you alright? Why did you suddenly space out?" Kyuhyun asks. He is staring at his best friend, and Donghae just snaps back to the reality. "What are you going to say? I'll be hitting the shower now."

"A-Ah," Donghae shakes his head. He indeed spaces out and imagines a lot of things. "Nothing. Just go on and take a shower."

Kyuhyun goes inside the bathroom and closes the door.

Donghae sighs. "Damn, I don't know what I would do if he answers that way."

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun turns on the shower and goes inside. He lets the water wet his hair and body as he spaces out. Why did he even ask it? Maybe it's Taemin again. I need to know why he is like that.

***

The next morning, they wake up early morning to have breakfast at the garden. This time, Taemin is there with them.

Sungjin stares at Taemin who is almost glaring at Kyuhyun. Sungjin simultaneously looks at Kyuhyun and back to Taemin while he is eating his breakfast.

Meanwhile, Hyukjae and Donghae are both looking at Kyuhyun then at Sungmin, observing what they are doing - if they can spot some moments that would verify their thoughts. Sungmin realizes that everyone is quiet, so he looks at everyone. "Yah! Why are you all looking like you're spying on something?"

"Ah, it's nothing," Hyukjae replies first, then Donghae shakes his head as a reply to Sungmin.

Sungmin then turns to Kyuhyun. "Kyuhyun, can we talk after we eat? I just have something to tell you."

Kyuhyun nods as he looks at Sungmin. "Sure."

The rest except for Sungjin and Taemin raises an eyebrow. Donghae then asks. "What are you going to talk about?"

"Is it something we can't hear?" Hyukjae asks as well.

Sungmin laughs. "You are all so weird! I will just ask Kyuhyun about something. You're all acting strange today, huh."

"Ah! I know! Let's just break the ice! Let's play Amazing Race! We've prepared something for all of us so that we can enjoy! Winners will receive VIP passes in the newly built amusement park," Hyukjae proposes. Donghae nods simultaneously, agreeing to Hyukjae's plans for the first time.

"Wow, it's actually a rare thing," Sungmin laughs loudly. "I can't believe Donghae agrees to Hyukjae immediately. You're definitely acting weird."

"Yah!" Donghae yells at Hyukjae who gets surprised at the sudden call. "What if you're going to cheat again!? This is your house!"

"I swear, I didn't participate on this. I just asked my bodyguards to prepare everything," Hyukjae assures everyone. "We'll play by pairs. Kai!" Hyukjae calls his bodyguard and Kai walks towards him and shows a random machine. "The machine will display three symbols when we click the button, a star, a heart and a diamond. The pair that has the same symbol will be partners. I'll be first to click the button." It shows a heart symbol. "Okay, the one who would get the heart will be my partner. Sungmin?"

Sungmin stands to click the button, but Donghae, knowing that Hyukjae has some plans in mind, clicks the button. As expected it is a heart. "I knew it! You're cheating!"

"Excuse me! It's just-" Hyukjae stops as he realizes that he and Donghae are partners. "What the hell!? We're partners!"

"I'm going next!" Sungjin excitedly clicks and it shows a star.

Kai moves towards Taemin. "No, I am not going to play."

"You're such a killjoy, Taemin," Hyukjae comments. Taemin snorts and clicks the button anyway. He gets a diamond. Sungjin celebrates quietly in his mind, and so do Hyukjae and Donghae who are hoping that Sungmin and Kyuhyun would not be together in one team.

Kai then goes to Kyuhyun who clicks the button and gets a star. He sighs as he expects to be partners with Taemin so that he can confront him. However, he feels uneasy knowing that Sungmin is paired with Taemin. He might say something bad to Sungmin.

"Okay so we know who the partners now," Hyukjae grins widely. Then he calls for another bodyguard. "Suho, give the envelopes to us and explain what we're going to do."

Suho arrives with three envelopes then talks. "You're going to get one random envelope and open it for a clue. You will be separated as you will answer the clues. Once you answer all the clues, you will be given another one until you receive the final clue which will lead you to the same finish line. First pair to answer and do the last clue wins."

"How would we know if Hyukjae didn't plan to cheat or something?" Donghae asks that makes Hyukjae kick his leg. Donghae scowls in pain. "Excuse me!"

"We, bodyguards, will bet our lives on it. If he cheats, then we would serve you for one week, Mr. Donghae Lee," says Suho. Donghae grins and nods as he buys it. "Okay then. Let's start after you finish your meals."

After a few minutes, they regroup. But before that, Sungmin calls Kyuhyun. "Taemin is my partner, so I would ask on behalf of you, don't worry," Sungmin winks. 

Kyuhyun sighs. "Alright, but be careful. If he says something about me, don't get into it. Okay?" Kyuhyun smiles and pats Sungmin's temple - and of course, everyone sees it, so Sungmin blushes. "I'm just warning you."

"Seriously, who would actually believe him. I know you better than him," Sungmin boasts.

Kyuhyun smiles once again. "Good to know."

***

Kyuhyun and Sungjin are on their second clue now. The others are nowhere to be found - that is the only time when he realizes that the house is too big. He and Sungjin sees a pair of body guards that would give him the next clue.

"Hi," greets the body guard. "I am D.O. and this is Chen. Congratulations, you found us. Your next task is here," the bodyguard gives an envelope to Kyuhyun who opens it. Sungjin reads it as Kyuhyun reads it as well. "Yes, you're going to sing a song and have hundred points. If you don't, you need to sing another song until you get a perfect score. So," Chen prepares the karaoke machine and the songbook. "Who is going to sing?"

"I can't sing, hyung," Sungjin says. "I sing but we might not get a hundred."

"I'll go for it. You'll get the next clue," Kyuhyun says and gets the songbook to choose a song. When he is done, he sings it and in one try, he gets a hundred points.

"Wow! I can't believe it! Here is your next clue," Chen says and gives them another envelope. Sungjin opens it.

"There is a yellow thing inside the alternative house of the young master," Sungjin reads. "Maybe it's Hyukjae hyung's, or Taemin's. Their room?"

"Yes. I think it's Hyukjae's room, because Taemin does not really live here, right?" Kyuhyun asks Sungjin. "Let's go then and find that yellow thing."

Sungjin nods and follows Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun finds Hyukjae's room and sees another pair of bodyguards. It means that they are right. The two bodyguards introduce themselves.

"Hi, I am Tao, and this is Kris," says the tall guy. "Congratulations. Here is your next task. You need to find a yellow thing, the only yellow thing that you can find inside the young master's room. Once you see it, give it to us."

Kyuhyun and Sungjin enters the room. They look for anything yellow anywhere. Sungjin asks after a few minutes. "I don't know why we are so enthusiastic about this game."

"To be honest, I also don't, but I want to end this game as fast as I could so that I can rescue Sungmin from Taemin," Kyuhyun tells Sungjin who is confused. "Taemin is saying a lot of things about me lately. He has been spreading a lot of rumors, and apparenty, Ryeowook also hears it. If Sungmin hears one rumor, he might believe it, and it might tarnish our relationship. I don't want it to happen."

"Oh I see," Sungjin says. "Okay hyung. Let's divide our task. I'll try to find in his closet and the bathroom, you go look here. Okay?"

Kyuhyun nods in agreement. Sungjin enters the bathroom. Kyuhyun continues to find the yellow thing. After a few minutes, he stumbles on a picture frame above the fireplace that makes him shiver - he sees the two people who adopts Jino.

His heart is beating fast as he holds the picture frame. His hand is also shaking as he observes the two people in the picture. He cannot forget those faces.

He puts the frame back to its place, and he tries to calm down as he sees another picture frame. This time, it's a family picture. The two people who adopted Jino were there, and there are two additional kids who are seated in a sofa. The first kid is about eight years old in the photo and he looks really like Hyukjae. He continues shaking as thoughts form in his head and as his eyes focuses on the familiar kid on the picture. He cannot be mistaken - it is Jino. The kid isn't smiling while the others are.

His tears fall down as he gulps to prevent himself from too much crying.

Deductions just come to him. And he remembers how he learned that Taemin studied in the Philippines, that Hyukjae had 'Lee' as a surname - it was the same surname of the people who adopted Jino.

He is blaming himself for realizing it only now. He now has the answer why Taemin is so angry at him, why Taemin wants to ruin his image to the people who love him, why Taemin looks at him as if he's the worst man on earth.

Yes, he is, he thinks. Taemin, no, Jino, is very obssessed in making him suffer the way he suffers. That despite of all these riches that he has, he still doesn't have that willingness to smile. Kyuhyun feels he is the worst person on earth, because he has removed his brother's precious smile from him.

Now, he is with Sungmin. If Taemin is really into destroying him, he bets he would say a lot of things that would hurt Sungmin. Taemin might also be the one who said things to both Donghae and Hyukjae, that is why they were acting suspicious about him and Sungmin.

He can't let Sungmin believe Taemin, even if the former said he would not. He has to find them fast.

"S-Sungjin, I'm sorry," Kyuhyun shouts and exits the room to find Sungmin and Taemin. He hopes it's never too late.

Meanwhile, Sungmin and Taemin are still struggling to find the second clue. They got a clue that says, 'The building that is used as a tropical jungle' so they thought of the garden, but then they were wrong.

 

"Taemin, do you know where this is? I cannot really identify," Sungmin asks. Taemin sits on the vacant bench and looks at Sungmin.

"I don't know. I haven't been here since I was ten," Taemin answer truthfully. "So I don't know."

"Let's go find other bodyguards then-"

"What for? Let's just stay here," Taemin suggests. "I don't know why my hyung suggested a childish game like this. I don't see why he's actually doing all the things to impress you."

Sungmin turns to Taemin as his eyebrows meet. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Sungmin hyung," Taemin smiles. The smile is a bit creepy though. He knows something is not right about the way Taemin smiles at him. He remembers the warning from Kyuhyun, and he knows it's starting already. "I know that Kyuhyun likes you. And I don't know why you actually have him as a friend. He's a good-for-nothing guy."

"What did he do to you that you always say bad things about him?" Sungmin asks furiously. "Kyuhyun never did anything to you-"

"That's where you are wrong," Taemin stands and walks towards Sungmin. "Kyuhyun has done a lot of things to me. He pretends that he doesn't know me - well, I can't blame him. After he had left, I became someone else. He would not recognize me for real. And you seem so protective of him. I think you're going overboard, unless you have feelings for him. You look like a for having all those guys wanting your ."

Sungmin grabs him by the collar. "Stop or I will hit you!"

Taemin is not intimidated. He smirks as he faces Sungmin. "You will suffer the consequences. I am still the owner of this house."

"I don't care!" Sungmin yells as he glares at Taemin. "If you say another word, I would-"

"Do you think Kyuhyun really loves you? You're his enemy, right? You were his enemy, then he suddenly pretended to care about you. How sure are you that he is not playing with your feelings right now to have a revenge on you? He doesn't have a family like you do. He had no friends before he met you. I bet, he's just jealous of you because you have all that he has that he would never have!" Taemin maniacally laughs. Sungmin loosens his grasp at Taemin's collar and then completely lets go of him. As much as he doesn't want to listen, it's very hard not to entertain all those possibilities. He falls into deep thought. "Don't delude yourself. What Kyuhyun shows you is all for show because the truth is, he hates you."

Sungmin steps back as he shakes his head, refusing to listen to Taemin more. He asks himself if Kyuhyun is really true to his word - that sacrificing for him is real. What if he's just trying to win his heart then hurt him afterwards? What if he does that to get something from him in return?

"Y-You... you don't know Kyuhyun. You don't know his heart... you brainwash people, why?" Sungmin asks as he starts to tremble. He himself is questioning his words. He doesn't really know who Kyuhyun is. He himself needs to answer the question.

"Why do you sound so unsure?" Taemin questions. "I know Kyuhyun more than you. I do. Even before you came to his life, I was already there, so don't dare me."

Sungmin does not speak. He cannot look directly at Taemin.

"You should be ashamed of playing with your lovers' feelings but in the end, you would still choose Kyuhyun even though he's there to destroy your life," Taemin dictates. Sungmin shakes his head and asks him to stop.

Sungmin's eyes begin to swell as tears fall down.

"Do you know what else? Kyuhyun enjoys how you fall for him while your best friend is also falling for him. He is going to destroy your friendship because he has nothing like that. And you... your friendship with Ryeowook will be over once he learns that you're also in love with the one he loves."

"I told you to stop!" Sungmin yells at Taemin. "Stop! I don't want to hear it!"

"Why, does it hurt? Does it hurt that you are betraying your best friend by falling for Kyuhyun? For stealing hugs and kisses from him? You are a traitor, Sungmin. You tell Ryeowook that it's alright, but you're stabbing him from behind. You should be ashamed," Taemin says once again.

Sungmin covers his ears. "Stop! I said stop it now!"

"Stop it!" Sungmin and Taemin looks at the person who just arrives. It appears to be Kyuhyun. He is crying. "S-Stop it, Cho Jino."

Taemin freezes as he hears it from Kyuhyun. Sungmin looks shock that he turns to Kyuhyun then back to Taemin then lastly, to Kyuhyun again.

"J-Jino... I... I am the one who should take the blame for your suffering," Kyuhyun tells Taemin. "I am the one who sinned against you so put it on me. Don't involve Sungmin and the others please."

"You left me! You didn't come back even if you told me you would!" Taemin shouts, tears now falling rapidly from his eyes. "Y-You're the worst brother, Cho Kyuhyun. You are!"

"I came back, Jino. I did," Kyuhyun explains. "B-but I was halted. They said I could not come and get you and that they would take me to the police. I didn't want it to happen because I wanted us to stay together. I tried a lot of times, but they would always hide you and keep you from me. They said I... I was not earning enough to take you and sustain our needs. So I promised myself... I would get you once I save enough money... b-but you were already gone."

"Y-You're lying... y-you..." Taemin bows to the ground as he tries to wipe his tears but his eyes fail him. "They said you never came back. Never once."

"I did... they lied to you," Kyuhyun insists. "P-Please... believe me."

"No! I won't!" Taemin runs and leaves them. Kyuhyun tries to chase after him, but Sungmin holds his hand and shakes his head.

"He needs time for himself, Kyuhyun. Please let him think about it," Sungmin says. Kyuhyun breaks down and puts his head onto his shoulder. Sungmin hesitates, but he still hugs him tightly. Kyuhyun might be lying about his feelings, but still, he needs someone right now.

***

Lunch is served and as expected, everyone doesn't have an appetite for it. Everyone backed out so no one actually won the tickets.

"Please call Taemin," Hyukjae orders his maid, but Sungmin tells him that he would go to him. "Why?"

"Hyukjae... I need to tell you something," Kyuhyun says to Hyukjae who is bewildered. In the end, he still follows Kyuhyun and asks him that they can talk to the library. Meanwhile Sungmin goes upstairs to see Taemin. Donghae is very curious, so he asks Sungjin.

"Kyuhyun hyung just left me as he told me he's sorry, so I don't really know," says Sungjin. "But I really worry."

Meanwhile, Taemin is sitting on his bed inside his room while quietly looking at the frame with him and his foster family. It was taken when he was five, and his smile was very happy. He recalled that moment when he was hoping that his brother would see and he would also be included in the new family.

As the time passed by, he realized that his smile vanished and that he waited for nothing. That is why he hates Kyuhyun so much. He can see that he's happy without him, that he has a lot of friends who trust him.

Taemin is so depressed because even though he has lots of material wealth, he cannot be completly happy, because ten years has passed and he is still trying to wait for a certain someone - a family to love and a family who would love him.

Eventually, when they became richer, the more he wanted his brother to take him back. He felt so alone. But all those years, his parents told him that Kyuhyun didn't come back.

Now, Kyuhyun is asking him to believe him? He didn't show up. And also, he seems like he's making things up. Why would his foster parents lie?

He hears a knock on the door. He doesn't want to open, but he still does when he learns it's Sungmin. Sungmin opens the door and enters before closing the door. When he was telling a lot of bad things about Kyuhyun, Sungmin's eyes told him that he believed in him, although he told him to stop. Did he really have that faith in Kyuhyun?

He stands in front of the picture frame, and Sungmin sits on the sofa.

"What do you feel now?" Sungmin asks. Taemin thinks it's a stupid question, but it makes him question himself too - what is he feeling?

"I want to be alone," he answers thriftily, hoping Sungmin would leave, but he doesn't.

"Funny. Upon thinking about things, I realize that I really haven't known Kyuhyun for so long. But then, I am still honored because he opened up to me, despite of seeing me as his enemy. I also saw him breaking down in front of me, despite of his cold image. So I guess, he was right. I was quite special," Sungmin smiles meekly as he looks at Taemin. Then he narrates, "Did you know, Kyuhyun went almost everyday to your old house just to see if you would come back, but he failed a lot of times. Not only that. He went to the Philippines with me to find you, even if it would take him a lot of time and money standing in front of your school. Did you know that he tried a lot of jobs just to save money? He wanted to take you back by having enough money to satisfy your needs and secure your future. He had no life except studyind and working, and resting wasn't in his vocabulary because he needed money. I remember, I was making fun of him because of that. He was afraid to love and to have friends, because he was too focused to find you and take you back, and that he asked himself if you also encountered hardships in life. I thought he was an ordinary person but no, he was more than that."

Taemin falls into deep silence as he listens to Sungmin. After that, he asks. "Is it enough basis to believe him, that he isn't lying?"

Sungmin sighs. "It doesn't matter who lied. The important thing was that he tried to find you and that he is ready to accept you and become a true brother to you. I guess it's enough."

Taemin asks once again. "Why do you believe him so much?"

"Because... Because I love him," Sungmin answers. "Oh well. I just want you to know that he is there always. He wants his baby brother back."

Sungmin leaves without another word. Taemin is left to think.

Bad memories start to fade away as good memories take over.

As he remembers them, he begins to smile and he realizes that it's the same smile that was lost ten years before.

***

Sorry if this takes about 4 months, I guess? Hope you like this update!