Chapter 2

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 2 - Ryeowook's First Crush

♡♥♡

"What!?"

Kyuhyun continues to read his book. They have a test on English Literature and he is regretting that he told Donghae that he encountered Sungmin the day before. Now, Donghae is whining. He sighs as he flips a page of "A Tale of Two Cities".

"Heck! I should have gone with you yesterday. Crap," Donghae sits on his chair that is in front of Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun thinks that Donghae's going to stop disturbing him and goes back to studying but he is wrong. Donghae turns back to him and hits Kyuhyun's table hard.

Kyuhyun glares at him. "Can you please stop it and concentrate? We have a test, remember? And I don't want to fail."

"As if that would happen. All our classmates that you are the most intelligent person here, so you won't fail," Donghae grins. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes.

Yes, he is the most intelligent guy in class. He strives to be. In all aspects, may it be academic or non-academic, even extracurricular activities - he's the guy. He was even asked to run as student council's president, but he rejected it. He had more important things to do, and it would not help him earn money.

He works every after classes at the ice cream parlor, except when there are final examinations. Manager Han, the ice cream parlor's manager, is very kind to him. That is why even if he only earns a little, he can't leave the ice cream parlor. He would just accept other part-time jobs after his shift to the ice cream parlor. And that includes modelling.

He is very popular in Inhwan University. Even if it is an all boys school, some students still have crush on him. But he is very cold to a lot of people, including students from an all girls school just across Inhwan. Donghae is his only friend and best friend.

His personality and Donghae's personality match. They both study hard. They are both good in sports. They are both handsome. They are both popular. Unlike other people in Inhwan University who use their charms, looks, and even money to pass subjects, they both use their intelligence.

But Donghae is extroverted. He likes having a lot of friends - most of them are girls. He is a known playboy because he cannot refuse women. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun is an exact opposite. He is introverted. He likes to be alone most of the time. Even if Donghae is his best friend, they don't really hang out in other places aside from school. But Donghae is frequently at the ice cream parlor where Kyuhyun is working. He likes spending his day there - he meets a lot of women.

"Yes, I can," Kyuhyun resumes in reading the book. "if you continue disturbing me."

"But it's Sungmin, you know," Donghae says. "Hey, do you know where he's studying?"

Kyuhyun does not speak. He knows that if he doesn't, Donghae would stop. But again, he's wrong.

"Daehyun University," he replies. "Now stop it-"

"Are you sure? Wow, it's kinda near," Donghae comments. "I wonder if I can apply there in college, then we'll be friends and we'll-"

"Stop it, Donghae, you're really crazy. He probably won't go to college. I know that he hates studying, as expected from someone like him," Kyuhyun tells Donghae.

"There you go again, Cho Kyuhyun," Donghae hisses. "You always mock Sungmin in front of me. Are you that irritated to Sungmin?"

Kyuhyun doesn't say a word again. Of course, he isn't. But he needs to be. "Donghae, just stop asking me about Sung-that guy. I am trying to concentrate here and you're not helping," he says to change their topic. As much as possible, he doesn't want to talk about Sungmin because the more Donghae talks about him, the more he gets jealous. The more he thinks about Sungmin. So he has to act as if he hates him and he does not care about him.

"But Kyuhyun, you're my best friend. You have to help me-" Donghae isn't able to continue when he sees Kyuhyun walking away from him. "Kyuhyun!"

○●○

"Oh my gosh!" Ryeowook exclaims as he receives the magazine that he likes from Sungmin. "You're really the best friend in the whole world!"

"Well," Sungmin taps Ryeowook's shoulder as he sits on his chair and turns it towards Ryeowook. "Happy birthday, Wook."

"You really bought this for me?" Ryeowook asks Sungmin as he flips the pages of the magazine. He stops at a page and blushes. "I can't believe this. This is an special edition of his interview!"

"Err, actually I... I didn't buy it," Sungmin admits. "Eh? Who?"

Ryeowook looks at him skeptically. "You stole this!?"

Sungmin laughs. "No, of course not! I just got it forcefully from someone."

"So you stole it!" Ryeowook shakes his head. "You shouldn't have done this just because you want to give me this magazine as a gift."

"I told you, I didn't," Sungmin insists. "I asked that jerk's permission but he didn't want to give me the magazine even if he didn't like it, so I got it from him with or without his approval. Besides, that stupid guy insulted me and mocked me despite of acting cute in front of him and despite of sacrificing my handsome appearance but he said it would not work on him! He's unbelievable."

"You seemed so worked out and angry at him, who is he?" Ryeowook asks.

"He's from Inhwan, no wonder he's arrogant and conceited. He's such a jerk!" Sungmin angrily tells Ryeowook. "And I don't care about his name because it's not important, and he's a pain in the ."

Ryeowook shushes Sungmin, "Min, stop with the bad words. It is still not right to get this without his approval. Let's return this."

"No! I don't want to see him again. He makes my blood boil in anger," Sungmin crosses his arms. Then loosens it after a minute as he changes the topic. "Enough with that jerk, he's not even worth my time. Why do you like it so much?"

Ryeowook blushes as he squeals. "Because my crush has an interview here!"

"Your crush," Sungmin trails off, but when it registers in his mind, he clarifies if he heard it right. "Your crush!? You have a crush!? Why didn't you tell me, oh my gosh, my best friend has a crush. My best friend has a crush!" Sungmin shouts and everyone hears it.

Ryeowook gets embarrassed as he tells Sungmin to stop it. "I thought it won't be a bother to you. And you might be disgusted at me."

"But still I'm your best friend so you should have told me! And why would I be disgusted in you?" Sungmin asks.

"Because he's a he," Ryeowook confesses. "Are you mad?"

Sungmin smiles, "Why would I be mad? It's natural to have a crush. And what's wrong if he's a he? What matters is your feelings for him. And as your best friend, I am here to support and help you always."

Ryeowook smiles back. "Thank you, Min. You're the greatest. Do you want to see him?"

"Yes, yes!" Sungmin excitedly exclaims. "From what university is he?"

Ryeowook pouts and replies, "He's from Inhwan."

"Damn it, he's a schoolmate of that monster," Sungmin narrows his eyes. "But I don't care, your crush isn't him, so no problem. I believe in your taste, Wook and I know you won't like someone like that monster. Now let me see!"

Ryeowook covers his face. "I'm shy! Promise you won't laugh at me or at him," he then flips the pages and stops at page. "Promise?"

"Promise," Sungmin says. Ryeowook gives him the magazine and looks at the page. "Where is- oh my ing, he's the monster!"

Ryeowook clarifies, "Cho Kyuhyun? But he's the one I'm referring to! He's amazing!"

Sungmin gives the magazine back to Ryeowook. "He's a monster. A cold-hearted monster!"

"Ya, you promised," Ryeowook says. "Give him a chance, maybe he didn't mean to hurt your feelings and insult you. Please, Min? Get to know Cho Kyuhyun first."

Sungmin sighs. "Okay fine, I'm going to give him a chance. If that Cho Kyu or whatever pisses me off again, I swear, I will kick his face."

Ryeowook smiles. "No, you can't! His handsome face will be ruined!"

○●○

After classes, Sungmin invites Ryeowook to celebrate his birthday in an ice cream parlor near the school.

And to their surprise, they see Kyuhyun working there.

"How can someone from Inhwan work here?" Sungmin asks. Ryeowook is blushing as Kyuhyun approaches them and gets their orders. Seeing Sungmin again, he calms himself. He secretly prayed for them not to meet again. But he is right in front of him again.

"Your order please?" Kyuhyun tries to be casual as much as possible.

"A strawberry parfait please," Sungmin smiles at him.

Kyuhyun is startled. What's with him? Can he not remember me? It pains him. He thought that he would leave a strong impression on Sungmin, but he was wrong. And he even has someone with him now. Who is he?

"C-Chocolate... sundae," Ryeowook says.

Why is he stuttering? Why am I not jealous at him even if he is with Sungmin? He thinks. It is weird that he doesn't jealous. He leaves the two to get their order. When he comes back, Sungmin calls him.

"About yesterday, I am sorry," he apologizes to Kyuhyun. "I guess, we can be friends?"

Kyuhyun suddenly feels happy. That means, Sungmin does not forget him.  "I-" He pauses. Kyuhyun gets curious. Why is Sungmin apologizing to him? Why is he asking him to be his friend? Something's wrong. There is something that makes him say that. Again, an opportunity for him. But if he accepts it, he will not be able to focus on his promise to himself. Donghae will also be close to Sungmin. And he does not want that. Not now. He then continues, "I think you're weird. Why are you suddenly like this?" 

Sungmin narrows his eyes, but his expression changes immediately. "It's because, I... I know there is something in you that makes you a good friend." Damn this guy. He really irritates me. I don't have anything to say, and I can't say that Ryeowook has a crush on you, don't ask me why!

"Sorry," Kyuhyun pauses for a while then continues as he turns around, "I don't think you'll be a good friend to me."

Sungmin explodes as Kyuhyun leaves, "See that! I told you that he's a monster!" He gazes at Ryeowook who looks sad. Sungmin sighs. "Okay fine. We'll try harder. We're not going to give up, okay?"

Ryeowook smiles. "Thanks for trying Sungmin."

♡♥♡