Chapter 70

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 70 - Best Friends Forever

♡♥♡

Sungmin wakes up as he hears his phone ringing. Still half-asleep, he searches for his phone placed on his side table. He answers the call and puts the phone to his ear. "Hello?"

"S-Sungmin?" asks the person on the other line. "W-Why is Kyuhyun's phone with you?"

"Ryeowook? E-Eh," Sungmin closes his eyes because he is still sleepy. "What are you saying, this is my phone-"

He stops as he feels someone hugging him and that someone turns out to be Kyuhyun who is smiling sweetly at him, his eyes still closed. Sungmin's eyes widen in shock as he hurriedly jumps out of the bed. His sleepiness just fades away as he horribly looks at Kyuhyun, as if he does something unforgivable. 

"A-Ah... he... h-he left it somewhere so I have it," Sungmin tries to explain. Damn it. I was too sleepy that I forgot that we had the same phone case. Kyuhyun opens his eyes as he grins while looking at him. He is still lying on the bed - specifically on Sungmin's bed - and Sungmin wants to freak out if only Ryeowook isn't on the other line. "W-We met yesterday, something happened, then it's a very long story... and-"

"Honey," Kyuhyun suddenly uses an endearment and it is loud enough to be heard by Ryeowook. Sungmin panics and he kicks Kyuhyun, but the latter teases him by adding, "Come here and let's sleep more."

"You!" Sungmin covers the phone's mouthpiece then yells at Kyuhyun who is now smirking. Then he speaks to Ryeowook who is not speaking. "D-don't worry. It's just the television."

"How come you're watching television at six in the morning? You'll be late for school again," Ryeowook says. "I think you should return the phone to Kyuhyun. I'll be hanging up now. I will prepare for school. Bye."

Before Sungmin can speak, Ryeowook hangs up. Sungmin sighs in relief as he glares at Kyuhyun who is now sitting on the side of his bed. "You are too much, Cho Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun smiles. "Why? Isn't it nice that I call you 'honey'?"

Geez, we're not even together, Sungmin thinks. "You need to get up. You'll be late for school as well. And why, in the first place, were we sleeping together on my bed!?"

"Well, you hugged me yesterday, remember? We were hugging for too long and I noticed you weren't moving, so I knew you fell asleep. I had no choice but to sleep with you since you didn't want to let go of me," Kyuhyun explains. "And besides, I like it."

Sungmin pouts. "I hate myself for falling asleep." Sungmin then looks at Kyuhyun's phone and opens it. He is shocked when he sees his sleeping picture on the phone's lock screen. "What the hell is this!?"

Kyuhyun chuckles. "I took the photo when you were asleep yesterday. It's not only that. Open the phone. The password is 'Sungmin.'"

Sungmin narrows his eyes. "Seriously, why my name?"

"Because it's you," Kyuhyun smiles sweetly, enough for Sungmin to blush. "You're blushing."

"I am not," Sungmin denies as he opens the phone. Kyuhyun's wallpaper is sleeping Sungmin again. "What the hell!? When did this- oh!"

"Remember now? I've been long obsessed with you yet you thought I was not telling the truth," Kyuhyun says. "It has been my wallpaper ever since I had the phone."

Sungmin doesn't know if he's going to be flattered or not. He remembers that day when Kyuhyun didn't want him to see his phone. He has been very secretive all those times about his feelings. But why? On what reason? Sungmin gives the phone back to Kyuhyun. "All those times, I thought you were lying about your feelings."

"Will you be disappointed?" Kyuhyun asks seriously.

"No," Sungmin lies.

Kyuhyun nods. "Well then."

"Kyuhyun, Sungmin! Breakfast is ready!" Sungmin's mother calls them. Kyuhyun and Sungmin look at each other, then Kyuhyun tells Sungmin to help him up. Sungmin doesn't want to, but he still does, Kyuhyun ends up pulling him down though, and he lands on his arms.

"Seriously!" Sungmin screams. "This isn't nice!"

"You know, I am still injured. Just in case you didn't know, you still owe me one," Kyuhyun says. "But whatever. I'll just get the payment now."

Kyuhyun moves his lips closer to Sungmin's, then he kisses him sweetly, passionately. Sungmin, instead of pushing Kyuhyun away, holds Kyuhyun's shoulders. Kyuhyun ends the kiss and Sungmin just becomes too quiet.

"You're lips are as sweet as our first and second kisses. We must do this often," Kyuhyun playfully grins, and Sungmin puts his hands on his face to hide his embarrassment. "I really, really love you, Lee Sungmin."

There goes some butterflies in his stomach.

***

Sungmin's mind has been flying for an hour already. He remembers what he told Kyuhyun yesterday, and he realizes that although it is already late to be embarrassed, he still is embarrassed.

And that morning, when he kissed him, he was not able to react or to repel Kyuhyun. He just let him. He contemplates if that was the right thing to do. But then, he cannot change the fact that Kyuhyun's in love with him, and vice versa.

"Aish!" He ruffles his hair. "Is this what it feels to be in love!?"

He gets impatient so he just decides to cut his last class to go to Ryeowook's house. Ryeowook will have to stay in his house for few weeks, so he is guilty. And also, he is guilty because his best friend's first love is in love with him.

He sighs.

***

Seeing the two of them makes him think that Kyuhyun has feelings for Sungmin.

Yesung is having deep thoughts about what happened the night before. He saw everything. He was there, watching Kyuhyun while beating the guys. He was so angry that his eyes were in fury. When he heard Kyuhyun saying that Sungmin was his, he concluded that Kyuhyun cares a lot for Sungmin. Not only that, he's in love with Sungmin.

And obviously, Ryeowook doesn't know.

He doesn't know about Sungmin's feeling though. He is sure about Kyuhyun, but not Sungmin. And if ever Sungmin feels the same way for Kyuhyun, what would happen to Ryeowook?

At least, what he can do is to make sure that Ryeowook is fine.

He is on his way to Ryeowook's house. He learned that Ryeowook fell on the stairs and was injured. He must at least check if he's okay.

He sighs as he arrives at Ryeowook's house. He knocks on the door after a few seconds.

"Come in," says Ryeowook. Yesung opens the door and goes inside. He sees Ryeowook sitting on the bed while reading a textbook. Ryeowook puts the book on his lap and sees Yesung who in turn smiles. "Oh, Yesung. What brings you here?"

"I... I actually learned about your injury so I brought some fruits to make you feel better," Yesung replies as he puts a basket of fruits on Ryeowook's side table. "How is your foot?"

"Better than yesterday. It's actually healing faster than I thought. It's not that painful anymore," Ryeowook answers. "Thanks for asking. Take a seat."

Yesung just nods as he obeys Ryeowook. There is silence afterwards, but Yesung cuts it. "Sungmin was in trouble yesterday."

"W-What? What happened?" Ryeowook worriedly asks. "I... I didn't know..."

"I also wasn't aware of the whole details but," Yesung looks away as he recalls what he can remember. "I knew that Kyuhyun went to rescue him."

Ryeowook looks away, then he looks at the book on his lap. "Kyuhyun said he'd protect Sungmin. So that's what he meant."

"Ryeowook..."

"Maybe he meant, he would protect Sungmin because he's my best friend," Ryeowook forces a smile as he faces a worried Yesung. "Maybe he would protect him because he's his friend. And we're all friends."

Yesung just swallows then he tries to kill the awkward mood. "Of course. He meant it that way."

"I actually," Ryeowook speaks again. "I actually don't think Sungmin's aware, but," Ryeowook pauses. "Kyuhyun is different towards him. Or at least, he has been different now."

Silence. Yesung sighs then he stands up to get some apples on his fruits basket. "Come, eat some so that you'll get stronger. Do you want me to slice these for you?"

Ryeowook smiles and nods. "Thanks."

Yesung goes to the kitchen and gets a knife and a bowl. When he comes back, Ryeowook is now looking at the window beside his bed. He pulls the chair beside Ryeowook's bed and sits there. He starts slicing the apples. "These apples are very fresh-"

"It is so boring here. Tests are also coming so I am reading some textbooks," Ryeowook says. "It's so... painful. The boredom is so painful. I can't even enjoy my day. I can't see Kyuhyun. I can't see what's happening out there. If everything is fine."

Yesung immediately turns his attention to Ryeowook. Ryeowook looks very sad and unsure. "I want to ask you something."

Ryeowook glances at Yesung.

"I am aware that you like Kyuyhun a lot," Yesung says while slicing the apples. "But... just in case... I mean, I suppose it's very unlikely to happen now... if Kyuhyun says he's in love with someone else, what would you do?"

Ryeowook does not answer. He does not really know what to do.

Ever since he has fallen in love with Kyuhyun, he concentrated on how he could make Kyuhyun fall in love with him too. Even though he knew that Kyuhyun had already said that he was in love with someone, he didn't want to believe him because he couldn't say a name of the person he's in love with. So he's still hoping and he is cluesless on what he has to do when time comes that Kyuhyun.

He also doesn't want to entertain the thought. It's painful to begin with. It's more painful than the physical pain that he is experiencing at that very moment.

"I don't know what I would do," Ryeowook replies after few minutes. "All I wanted is for Kyuhyun to fall in love with me. I am still lost so I don't want to think about it yet."

Yesung nods. "Alright then, have these," Yesung gives the bowl of apples to Ryeowook who gladly accepts it.

"Thanks for being here," Ryeowook gets a slice of apple and eats it. "Hmm. This is nice."

Yesung smiles, but deep inside, seeing Ryeowook sad makes him want to hug him and make him happy. If only he is Kyuhyun to do that. Unfortunately, he knows that even Kyuhyun can't make Ryeowook happy.

***

Sungmin is walking on his way to Ryeowook's apartment when something catches his attention.

He sees the teen magazine where Kyuhyun is featured. He approaches the magazine stand where it is and grabs the magazine. He unknowingly smiles when he sees Kyuhyun smiling.

"You handsome little rascal," Sungmin comments. Then he reads the title of the article where Kyuhyun is featured. "'Tall Guys Versus Petite Guys, Which One Suits Your Style? Cho Kyuhyun Featuring Kim Ryeo-'"

He stops halfway as he sees Ryeowook's name.

"E-Eh? Kim Ryeowook? Ryeowook is here too?" He browses the magazine and stops at the page where their article is located. He sees Ryeowook's photo on it too. "W-What?"

He gets his wallet to pay for the magazine and then he runs on his way to Ryeowook's apartment.

He didn't know that Ryeowook and Kyuhyun posed in the magazine too. To be honest, it makes him a little upset because neither Ryeowook nor Kyuhyun told him about it. When did that happen? he asks himself. Maybe when I was in Mokpo with Donghae.

He decides to ask Ryeowook about it once he gets to Ryeowook's apartment.

***

After thirty minutes, Ryeowook and Yesung hear a knock from the door. Ryeowook tells the visitor to come in. It turns out to be his mother.

"Mom? Why are you here?" Ryeowook asks.

Yesung immediately stands and bows to greet Ryeowook's mother. "I'm Yesung. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kim."

Ryeowook's mother does not mind him. Instead, she gets something from her bag and throws it on Ryeowook's bed. It is the magazine where he posed with Kyuhyun. "Since when did I teach you to do this ridiculous thing in your life!?"

"M-Mom... I-"

"So this is what you are doing these past few days," his mom angrily says. "On what cause? Are you going crazy? This isn't what I expected from you, Ryeowook."

Yesung worriedly looks at Ryeowook who is bowing at that moment.

"You're supposedly working hard on your studies. I even permitted you to work at a ice cream parlor for experience even if I am against it, but now..." His mother looks at Yesung. "Are you my son's friend? Why didn't you stop him from doing this?"

Yesung isn't able to speak. Yesung just bows.

"Mom, it isn't his fault," Ryeowook defends Yesung.

"And why did you get injured? You didn't even tell me about that. Your homeroom teacher called me and told me that you could not go to school for weeks because you're injured and he's very worried that you're going to fail the tests because of that!"

"I-It's... It's just that I don't want to make you worried... I-"

"Ryeowook?" Sungmin arrives and the three others turn to him. Sungmin is shocked to see Ryeowook's mother. Ryeowook's mother walks swiftly towards Sungmin and slaps his face. Sungmin isn't able to speak because of shock. He just holds his cheek as he looks blankly at Ryeowook's mother.

"I told you not to bother my son anymore! Look at what you've done! I bet you're the one behind all of these. Ever since you came to Ryeowook's life, he has been careless, secretive and unfilial. He always gets in trouble because of you. You have always been a bad influence to my son. You don't deserve to be my son's best friend! Get lost!" Ryeowook's mother yells at Sungmin who is still not moving in shock. "I told you to get lost!"

Sungmin drops the magazine and runs away. Ryeowook calls his name to stop him, "Sungmin!"

***

Sungmin runs away until he is away from Ryeowook's apartment. His mom is right. He doesn't deserve to be his friend.

He leans on the post and unbelievably, he cries again. It is the second time, and for the first time, he feels so weak.

Because of him, Ryeowook is injured. Because of him, Ryeowook can't go to school and work. Because of him Ryeowook can't attend classes. Because of him, Ryeowook can't have Kyuhyun.

He wipes his tears but they can't stop falling. He tries to become a deserving friend to Ryeowook, but he can't. He believes that he can't be.

"S-Sungmin?" Someone calls him. "Why are you crying?"

Sungmin wipes his tears and faces the person who is worriedly looking at him. "D-Donghae... I-I'm not crying... I'm not-" He sniffs, trying to stop himself from crying. But he fails. He hugs Donghae tightly, and the latter is surprised. "I-I'm not a good friend, Donghae. I don't deserve Ryeowook!"

Donghae has no choice but to hug Sungmin back. It's the least he can do for the person he loves the most.

"You do deserve him, and he deserves you, Sungmin. You're the best friend that he can have. I don't know what happened but, I know that they were wrong about you. You were wrong about yourself. You're special, that is why I love you."

Sungmin knows it isn't as powerful as Kyuhyun's, but the hug and the thing that Donghae says is enough to warm his heart. And he is thankful enough to Donghae.

***

"Damn it, Lee Sungmin!"

Kyuhyun stomps on his way inside his house. He angrily slams the door and sits on the sofa.

"Why is he even hugging Donghae!? Ugh!" He complains.

Kyuhyun was on his way to his house when he saw Donghae and Sungmin hugging. He wanted to go to them and to tell Donghae that he needed to back off because Sungmin was his, but he chose not to. His jealousy was eating him, and ever since he told Sungmin that he loved him, his jealousy just increased without warning.

"This . I'm going to tell Donghae, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook."

He stands and leaves the house to go to Ryeowook's house.

But on his way there, he sees Sungmin lifelessly walking towards the opposite direction. He purposely snobs Sungmin and he walks passing by him, but he waits for Sungmin to call him. Sungmin doesn't even look at him. Kyuhyun is very upset, but in the end, he is the one who turns to Sungmin. "Hey! Didn't you see me?"

Sungmin turns around and bows. "I'm sorry."

Kyuhyun finds it weird when Sungmin turns away from him again and walks away. Kyuhyun furrows his eyebrows, then he runs towards Sungmin. "What is wrong with you?" He holds Sungmin's shoulders as he faces him. He sees Sungmin's red eyes, and he looks like he just stopped crying. "S-Sungmin? What's wrong? Why did you cry?"

Sungmin just bows without saying anything. Kyuhyun pulls Sungmin and hugs him. He feels that Sungmin is shaking and crying again.

"W-Why?"

"Am I a bad person?" Sungmin buries his face on Kyuhyun's chest. "Am I?"

"You're not! Who even told you that?" Kyuhyun asks. "Whoever told you that deserves to be punished!"

"N-No," Sungmin raises his chin and shakes his head. "Ryeowook's mom is right. I am a bad person. Ryeowook doesn't deserve me as his best friend because all I do is hurt him..."

Kyuhyun falls silent, but he smiles and wipes Sungmin's tears. "It's a human nature to feel pain, Sungmin."

"Ryeowook doesn't deserve to be hurt," Sungmin looks away. "He is special to me so he does not deserve it."

"Well, you are the most special person to me so you also don't deserve to be hurt!" Kyuhyun almost shouts and it makes Sungmin stare at Kyuhyun. "Look at my hand." Kyuhyun shows his wounded hand and Sungmin looks at it. "I am physically hurt and it would really take time to heal. But there will always be one person who," he pauses then he grabs Sungmin's hand with Kyuhyun's wounded hand. He continues as he looks at Sungmin who is looking at their hands, "would show up," he pauses again to intertwine his fingers with Sungmin then he continues again, "to at least stop the pain."

Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun who is smiling sweetly at him.

"That person is worth everything - the happiness, the sadness, the comfort, the pain. For Ryeowook, for our friends, and especially, for me, you are that one person because I am in love with you and I will always be in love with you," Kyuhyun says as he hugs Sungmin again. "Cheer up now. You don't look good when you cry. I still like your crying face anyway."

"Stop kidding me. If I only know, you're happy seeing me cry," Sungmin looks away as he helps Kyuhyun to wipe his tears. "I'm going back to tell them that I can be a best friend to Ryeowook."

"I'll go with you," Kyuhyun volunteers as he pulls Sungmin. "Don't be afraid because I am here."

Sungmin bows down. "Who says," he pauses as he looks at their intertwined hands. "I am not afraid. You can let go of me now."

"In your dreams," Kyuhyun smiles as he looks forward, not letting go of Sungmin's hand. 

They reach Ryeowook's house. As Sungmin's request, Kyuhyun temporarily lets go of his hand before knocking on the door. Upon seeing Sungmin, Ryeowook's mother rages in anger again, but Sungmin doesn't feel fear. Instead, he stands firm. Ryeowook gets shocked to see Sungmin and Kyuhyun outside the house.

"I will not tolerate your demeanor, Sungmin. I asked you to leave, didn't I?" Ryeowook's mother asks angrily.

"I'll be leaving soon. I just want to tell you something," Sungmin says firmly, enough for Ryeowook to panic. He mouths 'stop' to Sungmin, but Sungmin shakes his head and smiles. "It's okay, Wook." He looks at Ryeowook's mother.

"Sungmin..." Ryeowook whispers. Then he looks at Kyuhyun who just smiles at him. Ryeowook nods.

"I'll not lie. Ryeowook's injury was because of me. Ryeowook was pushed to the staircase because of me. Ryeowook worked in the ice cream parlor partly because of me. Ryeowook began to go out and enjoy himself because of me. Maybe, those things would make us think he's changed negatively. The fact is, he changed, but positively. Ryeowook is my best friend so I don't want him to change otherwise. And I am proud of what he has become so far. He begins to enjoy his present without too much worries of the future. If he worries about the future, how can he live the present? How can he make good decisions in the present? How can he make mistakes and learn from them? I'll admit, I was not as intelligent as he is and as good as he is, but I love Ryeowook because he's my best friend. He also helped me to change for the good and continue to live life knowing that I have someone I can lean and depend on. Someone I can call a real best friend," Sungmin says then he looks at Ryeowook. "I may not be the best friend out there, but I promise that if I hurt his feelings, if I hurt him in anyway, I would give up our friendship. I would let him go. I would go away, just like you wish. But for now," he looks back at Ryeowook's mother. "Let me be with my best friend."

Ryeowook bows his head and begins to sob as he clenches his fists that are placed on his lap.

Ryeowook's mother is silent the whole time, but she turns around to get her bag. When she is about to leave, Ryeowook speaks.

"Mom, it was my wish to model in a magazine to try something new in my life. Don't look at it as degrading because it never is. And I like the way I am now. I got to know a lot of friends who help me in anything. I became stronger because of Sungmin. I'll also make a promise that I will be doing by best to top the class and graduate with flying colors, not because it's what you wished for me, but because it's what I wanted for myself," Ryeowook smiles at his mother as he wipes his tears off. "I am very thankful for Sungmin because he never left me. Because he's my best friend."

Ryeowook's mom stops for a while. Kyuhyun also speaks, and the three others look at him. "I was the one with Ryeowook in the magazine. I'm really shocked when he accepted the offer and I was proud that he was one good model. He had a talent for it, but because he wanted to do it only for fun, he told the photographer to keep the photo. But I guess, it's better that he was able to become a model just for today. If he didn't, he could have not chosen to be a good son over being a model."

Ryeowook's mother then walks away. But before she leaves, she says, "I am trusting you, Ryeowook. I can't fully trust Sungmin, but if you still want him to become your friend, then go ahead. Just always be careful." She looks at Sungmin first before she finally leaves.

Sungmin gasps and runs towards Ryeowook. He sits on the bed. "That is awkward! I-"

Ryeowook hugs Sungmin tightly. "Thanks Sungmin. You'll always be my best friend."

Sungmin taps Ryeowook's back. "Of course. We're best friends forever."

Kyuhyun smiles as he watches both of them.

When Ryeowook pulls himself away from the hug, he looks at Kyuhyun. "Kyuhyun, thank you as well."

Kyuhyun nods as he recognizes the gratitude. "I went here with Sungmin because I wanted to visit you and talk to you."

Sungmin's eyebrows meet as he looks at Kyuhyun as if questioning him.

"I-I think... you need to be alone," Sungmin suddenly rushes away and closes the door behind him. What did I just do? He remains outside as he leans on the door. He tries to listen as his heart beats faster. What would Kyuhyun say?

"Sungmin?" Donghae arrives and sees Sungmin. "You're fine now?"

Sungmin smiles meekly as he eavesdrops. "Yeah... Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are talking right now."

"Really? Maybe they're going to confess to each other," Donghae joins Sungmin. Sungmin gets nervous all of a sudden. "Or maybe they're just going to talk."

Sungmin gulps as he continues to listen.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun keeps silent. Ryeowook is looking away, but he is waiting for Kyuhyun to speak. After a few minutes, Kyuhyun walks towards Ryeowook's bed and stays beside it. "How are you?"

"I-I'm fine. It's not that painful anymore," Ryeowook replies, still looking away at him. He tries to maintain an eye contact, but he fails to do it so he looks at random places. "I'm happy because you went to visit me here."

Kyuhyun sees the bowl of apples on Ryeowook's side table. "Your mother brought those for you?"

"No," Ryeowook shakes his head. "Yesung did. He went here earlier just before... uh... mom."

Kyuhyun nods. "I see. Yesung is a very good person for you."

"Don't say that!" Ryeowook finally looks at Kyuhyun who has a blank face. "Yesung is just a friend. He... W-What happened to your face and your hand?" He worriedly asks as he sees Kyuhyun's wounded hand and face.

"It is nothing," Kyuhyun answers and tries to bring back the earlier topic. "Yesung likes you so much. Why can't you like him-"

"Because it's you who I love, not Yesung, not anyone else! Why can't you feel that!?" Ryeowook's tears fall as he looks directly at Kyuhyun who is not moved. "Stop... S-Stop pushing me away... It hurts."

Sungmin gulps as he feels weak in the knees. Yeah... my feelings for Kyuhyun and his feelings for me would hurt him... I can't... I can't let Kyuhyun be in my life if I want Ryeowook to stay as my best friend.

"D-Do you... do you have someone in your heart already?" Ryeowook asks as he wipes his tears, trying to keep calm but obviously he can't.

"What if I say I already have?" Kyuhyun asks back. "What would you do?"

Ryeowook gulps. That question again. What would I do? What could I do? "I... I don't know. I honestly don't know... Because I don't know if you are saying the truth or not! You don't even have a name! How would I believe you?"

"If I tell you a name, will you be contented? Will you stop? Will you be happy?" Kyuhyun asks. "Fine. I'll tell you a name. I am in love with-"

"Kyuhyun!" Sungmin suddenly opens the door as he tries to interfere. Then he looks at Ryeowook who is still in shock. "Don't mind Kyuhyun. He's just playing around," Sungmin pulls Kyuhyun's arm as he grins at Ryeowook awkwardly. "We'll just visit later. You've been stressed out so we'll let you rest. Bye!"

Sungmin pulls Kyuhyun until they are finally out of the apartment. Donghae enters Ryeowook's house and asks, "What the hell happened?"

Ryeowook just sighs and looks at his fingers.

***

"Why did you stop me?" Kyuhyun asks. "It's about time! I need to say that I love you or-

"I... I don't want to see him angry and hurt," Sungmin faces Kyuhyun. "I know, it can't be avoided because as you said, it's in human nature. But still, I want everything to be okay first. When it's already the right time, I'll be the one to tell him."

Kyuhyun pulls Sungmin for an embrace. "I trust you. If you want to, then okay. Just tell me and I'll be with you when we tell him."

Sungmin tucks his face on Kyuhyun's chest and hugs him as well. "Thank you, Kyuhyun."

***

"You're still sleeping? You've been slacking off lately, dear brother."

Hyukjae slightly opens his eyes as he looks at the owner of the voice. He removes his blanket and sits on the bed, trying to compose himself. "T-Taemin, you're already here?"

His devil brother is back.

"Yes," Taemin walks towards Hyukjae's full window and opens the curtains, making Hyukjae cover himself with the blanket again. "It's already nine in the morning. How come you're still sleeping?"

"Not your business," Hyukjae murmurs as he lies on the bed and goes back to sleep. "Just why are you here? I thought you'll be home at least a month before Christmas?"

"It is a month before Christmas. And my school has an early Christmas vacation so I decided to go back home," Taemin says as he turns to his brother who is still covered with blanket. "If our parents are here, I'm sure you'd not slack off like that."

"Yeah right," Hyukjae uncovers himself and sits on the bed. "You're the perfect one. I forgot."

"Yes, I am," Taemin smirks, and Hyukjae hisses as he looks away. "Oh well. If you still want to sleep, then go ahead. I'll just wind up. I miss Seoul."

When Taemin makes his exit, Hyukjae snorts and lies on the bed to continue sleeping.

***

A week has passed and Sungmin goes with Ryeowook to the hospital to remove the cast.

It's Saturday and he finally has no work in the ice cream parlor. However, he has a more important 'work' that his parents told him to do.

His parents are out for vacation and he is left with Sungjin. Since Sungjin wanted to tag Sulli along, Sungmin has been babysitting the two of them since the day before. And to make it worse, he has no allowance to spend on two extra people.

But then, he has no choice but to let Sungjin and Sulli go to the arcade while he and Ryeowook are in the hospital. And of course, it's on him.

"Geez," Sungmin sighs as he looks at Ryeowook who is busy looking at the doctor who is removing the cast. "It's so hard to babysit Sungjin. He's in middle school now but he's still a baby. He's still into arcades and stuff."

"Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?" Ryeowook chuckles as the doctor completely removes the cast. "Thanks, Doctor."

"You're welcome, Ryeowook. Just don't forget to go here for the final examination. You will be able to walk now, but since you're foot has been casted for too long, you need to practice walking again." the doctor tells Ryeowook. "But don't worry, it's just a short process."

"Sungmin oppa!"

Sulli rushes into the hospital room. Sungmin immediately turns to Sulli who is looking troubled. "What is it? Where is Jin?"

"This is why I'm here! He's having a fight again!" Sulli informs Sungmin.

"Where? Let's go," Sungmin says then he turns to Ryeowook. "Is it okay if I-"

"It's fine. My recovery session will take place for another hour, so I guess you can attend to your brother first," Ryeowook smiles. "Sungjin must be in trouble so I guess, you can go."

Sungmin smiles back and nods. "Alright then. I'll just go back here later once I settle the fight. See you!"

Sungmin rushes towards the exit and Sulli chases him.

"Why did he get into a fight?" Sungmin asks Sulli without looking back.

"Same reason," Sulli explains as he keeps up with Sungmin's pace. "There is a guy who wants to date me and Sungjin becomes a bit angry."

Sungmin smirks. "Sungjin is really a grown up when it comes to these things."

"This is not a joke, oppa," Sulli scolds Sungmin. When they reach the arcade, he is shocked to see Sungjin and the other guy having a 'fight' in the dance revolution machine. "They have been dancing nonstop! I guess it's their fifth song now!"

Sungmin laughs as he walks nearer. "Seriously. You call this a fight? I thought it's a childish game."

After another song, Sungjin gives up and sits on the dance pad, exhausted. The other guy goes towards Sungjin. "So I won. I shall have your girl from now on."

"Never!" Sungjin stands as he faces the other guy.

"Oops, I guess I need to interfere," Sungmin comments as he walks in between Sungjin and the other guy, who looks like an artist in his mid-teen years. He deduces that he is as old as Sungjin. The guy looks at Sungmin. "I am his brother. May I know why are you fighting?"

"He wants to get Sulli! So he asks me to compete with him using the dance revolution game!" Sungjin answers.

"And your brohter lost, so I can date his girlfriend now-"

"Sulli," Sungmin turns to Sulli who immediately attends to Sungmin. "Do you want to date this guy?" Sulli shakes her head. So Sungmin looks at the other guy. "That means you can't date her. You can't force someone to date you if she doesn't like you or if she is in love with someone else."

Sulli blushes. Sungjin as well.

"But I'll admit, you're more handsome than my brother," Sungmin taps the guys shoulder then he turns to Sungjin. "You got a real competition here, Jin."

"Shut up, hyung. Are you really my brother?" Sungjin asks angrily. Sungmin laughs.

"Master Taemin!" Someone calls. It's another guy with black suit and black shades. He approaches Taemin. "Master Eunhyuk is looking for you."

"Kai?" Sungmin suddenly asks as he realizes that it's one of Hyukjae's body guards. Kai looks at him and bows. "Why is Hyukjae looking for him?"

"You know my brother?" Taemin asks.

"Your brother?" Sungmin unbelievably asks. Then he turns to Kai who nods. "Wow. Small world!" Sungmin turns to Taemin again. "I am Sungmin. I am Hyukjae's friend."

"I'm Taemin," Taemin introduces and stretches his hand towards Sungmin. Sungmin accepts it. "I just got back to Seoul so you haven't seen me yet. I've been there since I was six."

Sungmin smiles. "In all fairness, you are a good dancer."

"Actually, I just wanted to make friends and play around. I've stopped dancing so..." Taemin explains then he turns to Sulli and Sungjin. "I'm sorry."

Sulli smiles awkwardly, while Sungjin snobs him.

"Since we're already together, do you want to go with us to the ice cream parlor? And I guess we can tour you afterwards."

"Hyung!" Sungjin shouts in negation.

"Don't worry, Jin. It's my treat. But first, we'll fetch someone first."

***

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes as he sees yet another guy with Sungmin.

He is the one who attends to them since he's the only one available. He eyes Sungmin once he gets there. Sungmin grins at him as if playing around.

Meanwhile, Ryeowook feels awkward around Kyuhyun because of what he said before. Kyuhyun is not even looking at him, so it breaks his heart.

When Kyuhyun returns with their order, he eyes Sungmin again. "Who is your new recruit in you weirdo club?"

"Shut up, Cho Kyuhyun," Sungmin murmurs as he grins at Taemin who suddenly focuses on Kyuhyun. Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun who is walking away from their group. "Taemin?"

"Hmm?" Taemin asks as he faces Sungmin again. "What's it?"

"Is there anything wrong?" Sungmin asks back. "You're quiet."

"There is none," Taemin smiles meekly and shakes his head as he looks back at Kyuhyun. "It's just that...he's... "

"You find Kyuhyun oppa attractive?" Sulli asks. "He's a part-time model, part-time waiter here so he must be familiar."

Taemin just nods.

Sungmin asks Taemin again, "When we finish eating, where do you want to go?"

Taemin smiles awkwardly. "I guess I-I can't go. I suddenly feel tired. Maybe some other time."

Sungmin nods. "Alright. Just give me a call through Hyukjae once you feel like it."

After their dessert, Taemin immediately enters his car and waves at Sungmin and the others. When he rolls the window up, he clenches his fists tightly as if they are going to break.

There is always a reason for this. There has to be, he thinks as he tells the driver to drive away.

***

《Wow, 6058 words. HAHA Sorry if I updated so late but thanks for reading anyway. :D Only 10 chapters to go. I might exceed if it doesn't work out.》