Chapter 4

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 4 - Give me Back my Scarf!

♡♥♡

"Look at it, Wook, the scarf is fabulous!" Sungmin excitedly shows the scarf to Ryeowook. Ryeowook chuckles.

"Yes, I already saw it. We bought it together, right?" Ryeowook asks.

"I can't believe that I bought this at a cheap price, and because of that, I saved a portion of my allowance," Sungmin tells Ryeowook as he ties the scarf around his neck. "This pink scarf looks good on me."

"I'm sure you would exhaust all your monthly savings again buying other things," Ryeowook says.

He really knows his best friend. Sungmin spends all his allowance for certain things that catch his attention. This month, it is that pink scarf. Ryeowook is sure that Sungmin will exhaust all his monthly allowance. His best friend does not care if he can use the thing or not, as long as he likes it or he wants it.

"By the way, Min, have you brought the book needed for our experiment?" He asks as he notices that the book that they bought the day before is nowhere to see.

"Yes, of course, it is-" Sungmin glances at his table and sees the book isn't there. He searches in his bag and under his table but it isn't there. "Oh crap. I think I left it at home!"

"You brought the scarf but you forgot to bring the book, what are you going to do?" Ryeowook asks. "It's just an hour to go, and it's already our Biology time."

"I guess I have no choice but to get it from our house," Sungmin declares. "Wook, I'm skipping lunch. I'll return here by Biology time."

Sungmin takes his bag and Ryeowook speaks, "You'll get caught! We are not allowed to leave the school on breaks and between classes!"

Sungmin winks and grins, "Not if I don't use the gate to escape," he says and runs away.

He hides behind a tree as he examines the area. As expected, the school officers are manning the gate. The school officers are the ones who look for students who try to cut and skip classes. If a student gets caught, he or she would have a disciplinary record and would receive a punishment.

He looks around to see if he can escape without using the school gate because if he gets caught, he would be asked to sweep the whole baseball field, and he does not want that.

He sees an elevated area almost fifteen meters away from the gate. As he sees that the area is clear, he secretly and carefully runs towards it. He jumps across the wall and he successfully lands on the other side.

"Yes!" He exclaims as he punches the air as a sign of victory. He runs away from the school.

○●○

Kyuhyun sighs as he heads back to his school after his photo session.

A staff for a magazine excused him from class for him to attend a photo shoot. And he was not surprised anymore. Inhwan allows all those for publicity. And he is the hottest talk of the town, so a lot of staff from different teen magazines are excusing him from classes. And he, being Kyuhyun, has to accept it as long as he earns from it.

Sometimes, as an additional benefit, if he accepts those offers, he would be allowed not to take examinations anymore for some classes as he would be given a perfect score. So it really helps him. That's how Inhwan University works.

That time, he is asked to attend the photo shoot outside the school. The pay is huge, so he accepts it.

He is distracted when the wind blows hard. He comments, "It's pretty breezy today. Weird."

○●○

Sungmin is able to get the book from his house. Now, he is heading back to the school.

It already twelve thirty in the afternoon. Only thirty minutes left and it's Biology time.

Good thing for him, if he runs, he would reach the school in five to ten minutes. And he is already halfway by then.

He feels that his stomach is growling. "Ugh, calm down. I'll eat at school, don't worry," he talks to his growling stomach as he touches it.

When he is running, he accidentally bumps into a group of high school students. The guy falls to the ground because Sungmin knocks him too hard.

"Oops, my bad," Sungmin stops as he bows to the guy as a sign of apology.

The guy stands and cleans his uniform. "Do you think apologizing is enough? I fell on the ground and I got dirty. You have to pay for my laundry fees."

Sungmin's eyebrows meet and speaks, "Excuse me? You didn't even fall on a pool of mud or something. Why would I pay for your laundry fees?"

One of the students whispers something to the other, and the latter snickers as he whispers something to the guy who turns to Sungmin and looks at the pink scarf that he is wearing. "Hmm, you're right. I guess you don't have to pay for the laundry fees then," he says as he approaches him and touches his face. "I guess you should just hangout with us. You'll have a good time."

Sungmin shoves the guy's hand. "Don't touch me," he commands. "I need to go."

The guy suddenly grabs his scarf and it is removed from Sungmin.

Sungmin glares at the guy. "I don't have time for this. Give me back my scarf, you !" Sungmin tries to grab the scarf from the guy, but he passes it to the other guy, so Sungmin runs towards the other. They laugh as they see Sungmin irritated.

"How can a guy be interested in this pink scarf?" The guy asks as he shows the scarf to Sungmin. "You know, just give up. You'll never get this unless you come with us."

Sungmin stops and laughs. The three guys stares at him. "Why are you laughing?"

"I am wondering why I'm playing around with you when I can retrieve my scarf back by knocking all of you down and it would just take me five minutes- no, a minute to do that," Sungmin says. "If you don't want to get hit then I am telling you to give my scarf back."

"Do you know what you're saying? Don't you know who we are? We're feared by a lot of people back in our district. And we're three. You're one," says the guy who is holding the scarf.

"So that's why you don't know me," Sungmin grins as he glances at the two others who are behind their leader. "The two of you. You always stand behind your leader. Are you cowards? I'm pretty sure you are!"

The two guys get mad so they charge towards Sungmin and prepare to hit him, but Sungmin is able to shun their attacks as he runs toward their leader. And knocks him down. The leader releases the scarf and Sungmin is able to get it back.

Sungmin turns around. "I am not the person you think I am," he declares as he runs away.

When he realizes that he is already far from them, he stops. "Ugh, if I wasn't able to control my temper, I might have had caused more trouble and punched them all. I really hate irritating people who look down at others," he says to himself and then stares at the scarf. "How dare they?! How can they not like a pink scarf!? Oh well at least I'm almost at the school now," he smiles and he tries to tie the scarf again around his neck, but the wind blows suddenly that the scarf flies away towards the other direction. "No!" He screams as he chases after the scarf which in the end lands on someone's face. "Eh, not again," his jaw drops as the person removes the scarf from his face. And Sungmin's blood rushes again. "It's you again."

○●○

Kyuhyun hisses as he removes the scarf from his face and stares at it then at the person in front of it who apparently owns the scarf.

"Do you own this pink scarf?" Kyuhyun asks Sungmin. Sungmin snorts as he gets the scarf from Kyuhyun.

"Yes, and what is it to you?" Sungmin questions back. "What's wrong with a pink scarf? Why do guys like you think that pink is not for guys? Don't try to ruin my day again or I'll really kick you-"

"There is no wrong in guys liking pink and I am not judging you for that," Kyuhyun cuts Sungmin then thinks, I think that you really look good on pink. Sungmin isn't able to speak. He is frozen at Kyuhyun's words. Kyuhyun continues, "but I am judging you for being so noisy." Kyuhyun walks away.

The words sink in Sungmin's head. He gets mad again so he yells, "Yah! I don't care about your opinion! Stop appearing in my life, you annoying ice monster!"

♡♥♡