Chapter 67

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 67 - The Night at the Festival

♡♥♡

"I am in love with you."

"Stay with me."

Those are the lines that he can't answer to. All the confessions made to him aren't as bugging as what Kyuhyun said to him.

"I am in love with you."

It keeps on repeating in his mind.

And the sound of his voice that his mind tries to imitate makes him bewildered.

"I am in love with you."

"Sungmin..."

"Stop!" Sungmin almost yells. Donghae suddenly focuses on him, while Sungmin realizes that they are finally in the bus on the way to Mokpo. Donghae gives him a 'why' look, and he can't really answer. "T-That... was nothing."

"Is something bothering you?" Donghae asks worriedly. "We can go back if you want-"

"No... I don't want to go back," Sungmin says, trying to calm down. "I'm so sorry Donghae. It's just that I woke up from a nightmare."

It wasn't a nightmare. He could totally assess that it was very real.

***

"Sungmin."

"Stop!" Sungmin pushed Kyuhyun away as he looked in front. "If this is a joke, then stop it. This is not even funny."

"Does this look like a joke to you!?" Kyuhyun asked angrily. "Tell me, why did I even kiss you in the first place!?"

Sungmin stopped for a while, but continued afterwards, matching the volume of his voice from earlier, "Because you wanted to play around!"

"This is so damn stupid, Lee Sungmin," Kyuhyun lowered his voice down, but he maintained his angry expression. "I can't believe you're numb enough to not feel it."

"How can I even believe you? You said you hated me when we first met. You acted cold to me then you say you love me? What kind of love is that?" Sungmin asked. He then turned his back from Kyuhyun. "I have to go. I have enough of this nonsense."

"You know that Donghae will confess to you tomorrow, right?" Kyuhyun talked in a very low tone. "If you'll go, then he would think that you'd accept his confession."

"Oh, so that's what you were trying to stop me from, that was why you're saying it to me," Sungmin snickered. "What if I tell you that I'll accept his confession, will you cut this out?"

Kyuhyun didn't speak. But after a while, he asked, "Do you like Donghae?"

Sungmin took time to answer. "Yes, I do like Donghae. Happy now?"

***

He finally left Kyuhyun afterwards. He doubted on his way out, but he thought that Kyuhyun was lying. On what cause, to stop Sungmin from going?

What if he's saying the truth? His heart skips a beat. Probably not.

"You've been quiet all the time," Donghae notices. "What's wrong?"

Sungmin smiles plainly. "Nothing. It's just that I am so excited."

"It's definitely not your way being excited and all," Donghae jokes, but he knows that Sungmin feels a little guilty at that, so he takes it away. "I mean, it's okay if you don't want to speak. If you're tired studying, then you can sleep."

"No, it's not that," Sungmin waves his hand. "Yes, studying is a bit tiring but it's not why I'm quiet right now. The truth is... Kyuhyun-" He stops half-way. Is it a good time to tell him that Kyuhyun confessed to me? He asks himself. He chooses not to continue because he still doesn't know how to deal with the sudden confession.

"What about Kyuhyun?" Donghae curiously asks. "Did he give you a hard time yesterday?"

"Yes. He did," Sungmin laughs awkwardly. "He made me wash every single coffee bean that fell on the ground."

"That was harsh of him," It's the only thing that Donghae can say.

"Yeah," Sungmin's voice falters, making the atmosphere awkward again between them.

***

"He didn't even consider that I was telling him the truth that I love him," Kyuhyun whines as he paces - which is probably not what he does all the time - as Manager Han asks him why he is feeling down that he can't even properly work on a busy Saturday.

"So that is why both of them took a leave. Good thing, there are four substitutes sent by Haeri," Manager Han laughs as he refers to the woman who used to destroy his ice cream parlor. "Kyuhyun, I am so proud of you."

"This is nothing to be proud of, Manager. I even broke my promise just to confess. That's what I am mad right now," Kyuhyun continues, a bit calmer than earlier. "I... I feel he's going to accept Donghae's feelings. Why have I been so stupid all this time to pretend I hated him?"

"I admit that it is a dumb thing to do, and that is your fault, especially if you're too in love with someone," Manager Han starts, finally standing up from his seat and walking towards Kyuhyun who has stopped pacing. "Because he's obviously not going to believe your sincerity."

"But I let him feel my love for him like we're... dating," Kyuhyun reasons out. "How can he not guess it?"

"I think you're the one who is not guessing it rightly," Manager Han taps Kyuhyun's shoulder. "I think Sungmin likes you."

Kyuhyun just narrows his eyes. "That's the point. I think he's also in love with me, not to be boastful, but he said he liked Donghae!"

"Maybe you're getting the wrong picture of how he feels," Manager Han guesses. "Maybe he does like Donghae but just as a friend. You can totally see it, Kyuhyun."

"Why would he go then?" Kyuhyun asks. "If he knows Donghae would confess, why would he go?"

"Just wait. You'll know why," Manager Han says. "For the meantime, I don't think you're okay to work for today. I'm giving you the day off. No, I am not being kind to you right now. You have to work tomorrow in full blast tomorrow. Understand?"

"But Manager Han, I need to let this off by working-"

"I insist. I know it's a busy day, but then it'll not work out even if you try to."

Kyuhyun sighs in defeat. "Okay, Manager Han. Thanks."

He goes out the manager's office and goes inside the employees' lounge to get his things. He keeps on sighing because he doesn't know what he's doing and what Sungmin and Donghae are doing.

Did he even consider my confession? He asks himself. Probably not, because he's too blinded with the past. And he's with Donghae. He sulks on the sofa. "Damn."

His phone rings. Thinking that is Sungmin and imagining that he's going to boast that he's already going out with Donghae, he ignores it, but it just keeps on ringing a lot of times.

Or if he isn't delusional enough, he wants to imagine Sungmin calling him, asking him to fetch him and telling him that he's the one he loves.

"What does he need as a proof?" He finally gets the phone and sees an unfamiliar number. "Who has my phone number?" He accepts the call nevertheless. "Hello?"

"Hi Kyuhyun. This is me, Ms. Jang," the person in the other line introduces. "Are you free today? I have a project for you. But if you're not free it's-"

"No, it's perfectly fine. I am also thanking you, Ms. Jang," Kyuhyun says. "I guess I need to do this too."

He hangs up as Ms. Jang finally says goodbye then Kyuhyun exits. Ryeowook sees him. "Kyuhyun? You're going already?"

"Yes," he answers thriftily. "Do you want to go?"

"H-Huh?" Ryeowook gets startled with the invitation.

"Don't worry, Manager Han won't mind. I'll tell him, and besides, you've been too productive lately," Kyuhyun says. "We'll visit Ms. Jang."

"A-Ah, okay then," Ryeowook finally nods.

***

Sungmin gasps as the bus reaches Mokpo. Donghae is grining as he is observing Sungmin. "Let's go to our restaurant? I'll introduce you to my parents, and of course, we're going to eat."

"That's what I like," Sungmin laughs as he follows Donghae. "How long is our travel time?"

"Just five minutes from here, by walking," Donghae says. "I hope you're not too tired."

"I am okay now," Sungmin displays a modest smile. "Don't worry. And I am hungrier than tired."

Donghae just smiles as he leads Sungmin to the restaurant. Donghae's parents meet them.

"Mom, Dad, this is Sungmin, my friend," Donghae introduces. "He's from Daehyun, and he'll be here with us until tomorrow."

"Nice meeting you," Sungmin bows as a greeting. "Wow, this place is huge. I bet the food's also delicious!"

Donghae's mom blushes. "Thank you. Are you guys hungry yet? Donghae told us you're going, so we prepared a lot for you."

"Really, Mrs. Lee?" Sungmin gets excited as he claps nonstop. "Okay then, let's go!"

***

Sungmin can't help but to carress his tummy. It has been so full. The food Donghae's family is serving is really delicious, especially the seafood platter that they have.

"Really thank you for the meal, Mr. and Mrs. Lee," Sungmin happily says as he tries to straighten up. "I've never eaten such food in my life. I did, but it's not this delicious."

"Wow, you're really enjoying it," Donghae comments, smiling at Sungmin. "My Dad cooked it all."

"Really?" Sungmin unbelievably looks at Donghae's father whose face turns light pink. "You're a genius, Sir. Make me your student."

"I appreciate it, Sungmin," Donghae's father thanks him. "I wish more people could eat here."

Sungmin looks around and realizes that there are only few people even on lunch time. "I wonder why people don't go here. It's a loss."

"Before they really go here. But since competition has been a bit tough, we are slowly falling behind," Mr. Lee tells Sungmin. Sungmin just nods so the old man continues, "We are trying a lot of promotions but only loyal customers go. Others try other restaurants that are nearer to their places and are near the commercial area."

Sungmin tries to think about helping Donghae's parents because he really likes the food and also Donghae - as a friend, by the way - just like what he told Kyuhyun. Oh snap. Kyuhyun again, he thinks to himself. Then he thinks of an idea. "Ah! Let's set up a booth at the Night Festival!"

The Lee family looks at each other. Donghae, as its representative, speaks. "We have no time to prepare anymore. I know it's free but..."

"Trust me on this one," Sungmin confidently says. "You made me eat a lot of heavenly foods. This will be my payback. People and even guests won't fail to go there. It's the best way to revive the restaurant again. I'll help you out, in cooking, in setting up the booth, in manning, in everything."

"Sungmin, this is a little too much," Mrs. Lee says, smiling at Sungmin who is quite hyped up. "You don't need to bother yourself."

"Donghae does this a lot to me. He never fails to help me whenever I am in need, so it's my turn to help him. Let me help you now," Sungmin looks at Donghae, and for quite a some time when Donghae has felt like giving up, his hope gets up again.

Donghae nods and holds Sungmin's hand. "I trust you, Sungmin. Thank you."

***

"Oh hi, Ryeowook," Ms. Jang greets as soon as Kyuhyun and Ryeowook arrives at the studio. Ms. Jang raises her eyebrow at Kyuhyun when Ryeowook bows, and Kyuhyun nods. "It's been a while. So where's Sungmin?"

"Celebrating his romance," Ryeowook blushes.

"So Sungmin got a girlfriend? Wow," Ms. Jang eyes Kyuhyun who rolls his eyes. Ms. Jang displays a sheepish smile before she continues, "there's an exchange of partners. Interesting."

"I'm sorry?" Ryeowook asks when he hears an almost inaudible comment of Ms. Jang. "But, it's sooner. I bet Donghae hasn't asked yet."

Ms. Jang waves her hand. "Nothing, nothing. Lee Donghae? Unexpected." Ms. Jang tries to divert the topic. She knows Donghae because she worked with him twice already. "Anyway, do you want to see Kyuhyun modeling?"

Ryeowook's face turns light pink once again. "Ah, can I?"

"Of course, you can. That is why Kyuhyun asks you to be here. Right, Kyuhyun?" Ms. Jang asks Kyuhyun who is obviously not liking her tone especially when she smirks at him like she's implying, Now that Sungmin has a new lover and now that you lose to your best friend. "You know, you can be perfect in our next project too so if you want, you can try."

Kyuhyun widens his eyes as he secretly warns Ms. Jang who chuckles shortly.

"W-What? N-No!" Ryeowook facepalms in embarrassment. "I... I-I can't model."

"And he's not into modeling," Kyuhyun interjects. "So leave him alone."

"Sweet," Ms. Jang comments which makes Kyuhyun totally lose it and pouts. "Fine, I won't. But it's really nice if someone is going to model with Kyuhyun. The topic is about tall guys versus petite guys. Don't take it the wrong way. I just want to see if girls prefer tall guys or petite guys."

"Not in any way offending," Ryeowook smiles. "Oh, if you really need one, I can pose... just to try."

Kyuhyun unbelievably looks at him. "Seriously?"

Ryeowook nods. "It's not bad to try something bizarre once in your life, right?"

Ms. Jang laughs. "Not bizarre, but yeah. You're right, Ryeowook," She looks at Kyuhyun. "Let's start?"

After some makeup sessions, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun get dressed up. Kyuhyun is first for photoshoot. After a while, Ryeowook arrives with completely changed hairstyle and wardrobe. Kyuhyun compliments. "You look nice."

Ryeowook blushes. "Thanks."

His solo photoshoot takes about twenty frames in different angles with different posings. Ms. Jang praises him because for a first timer, he does it very well. "I guess you have a natural talent, Ryeowook."

Ryeowook bows. "Thank you!"

After him, they are shot together and as it goes on, more and more skinship has to take place. Ryeowook is getting crazy.

It's really a nice experience.

***

Meanwhile, Sungmin and Donghae's family, after lunch, starts creating a menu for the festival. It's only a light and revised menu, but it highlights every dish that Donghae's father has made. Sungmin designs the fliers and helps Donghae in setting up the booth in the square. Donghae's mother prepare them a snack box, and she stays with her husband to prepare all the things that they are needing.

It's been a tiring afternoon, but they all reserve their energy for the main event.

They all wear white polo shirt and black apron as uniforms.

Almost everyone living in Mokpo attends and guests are everywhere. When the festival officially starts, Sungmin shouts to catch the customer's attention. "Come and eat in Sea Garden Retaurant! Taste our food in little cost! We also have a free high-five with our famous Lee Donghae!"

Donghae gets surprised as he looks at Sungmin. "S-Sungmin!?"

His parents laugh as girls gather around to buy their food. The parents get busy in preparing and cooking the food, Donghae helps once in a while by some 'customer service,' ang Sungmin lends some fliers to everyone.

"You're Sungmin right? You got featured in the magazine where Kyuhyun was! We are fans, can we take a photo with you?" says some girls. Sungmin smiles and nods. He takes a picture with them happily.

That goes on and on. But he ends up giving away all fliers so he helps Donghae's parents to serve the food to a heavy traffic of people.

"You know, I ship him with Kyuhyun."

He almost throws the plate away in shock as he hears it. He knows the meaning of 'shipping,' that is why.

"Yah, he can hear you," says another.

The girl smiles at Sungmin. "Don't get offended, Sungmin, but the way Kyuhyun looks at you, it's different. It's full of love, even if it's just in the magazine. It's really cute that it makes my heart flutter!"

Donghae overhears it but he just keeps on smiling at other customers who are busy lining up for him.

"A-Ah, maybe you don't mean that-"

"If he says he loves you, then I think it's real," the girl says.

"Oh my gosh, you're embarrassing him," the other girl says then he turns to Sungmin. "Sorry about that, Sungmin. The food is great anyway. We'll go there the next day." When they leave, Sungmin begins to look shocked.

"Eh, don't think about it anymore," Donghae taps Sungmin's shoulder.

Sungmin smiles but inside his heart, he keeps on thinking, Does he really mean it?

***

"Wow, I am so exhausted. We are finally closing," Donghae sits on the ground in tiredness. "Our food got sold out even before closing. Thanks to Sungmin."

"It's not just about me who contributes," Sungmin says to Donghae.

"Oh, since you have done so well, you can have your break now. We'll take care all these things for the egress," Donghae's mom says to both of them. "You can watch the fireworks after this."

Donghae hugs his mom. "Thanls," he turns to Sungmin. "Hey Sungmin. I have a good view of the fireworks. Follow me."

Sungmin follows Donghae quietly. When they reach the place, Donghae sits on the ground and Sungmin does it too beside him. "You know Sungmin, I always want to be here when I am still in pain.."

Sungmin gets curious. "Why?"

"Because usually, I want to be alone. But now that you're here, I guess, it's also the good time to say this," Donghae breathes in and out to finally confess. "I know that we're not that close, but let me tell you that I love you, Lee Sungmin."

Sungmin's reaction is plain. Unlike yesterday. Donghae looks at him.

"I've been in love you since we first met. You're really a strong person and you help a lot of people, without them knowing it," Donghae says. "When you became my friend, you encouraged me a lot of times. And I am thankful of that."

"Donghae... I-"

"I am in love with you, Lee Sungmin."

He stops as he remembers Kyuhyun's confession yesterday. But he can't be saying the truth... Why me? Why does he love me? And not Ryeowook?

"I know, you're confused right now," Donghae says when he notices that Sungmin is not answering. "But this is really what I feel for you."

"Don't go."

But I can't... he thinks. I am already here.

"Please, don't... don't get mad," Donghae says as he moves his face nearer to Sungmin's to kiss him. "But... I really want to thank you for everything. I want to show you that I really love you."

"Tell me, why did I even kiss you in the first place!?"

Donghae prepares to kiss Sungmin and all Sungmin can think about is how Kyuhyun kissed him. He remembered the feeling that his heart abnormally beat, that his mind just floated, that he wanted to kiss him back but it was so wrong yet it felt so right when Kyuhyun's lips touched his. Now, No, he can't kiss another person just yet, because he, even if he wants to deny it, loves Kyuhyun more than anyone, and he wants the feeling of Kyuhyun's kiss remain there. He pulls himself away.

"If he says he loves you, then I think it's real."

Even if he's just playing around, even if it's real, there's only one thing. I...

"I'm sorry."

... I am in love with Kyuhyun.

♡♥♡

《Happy JOY day, KyuMin shippers! YEY Spread the JOYful love. 》