Chapter 13

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 13 - Examination Days: A Planned Sleepover

♡♥♡

"I don't care if I am going to repeat my subjects!"

Sungmin's dad shakes his head and crosses his arms on his chest. He can't believe he is hearing that from his first son.

"I just want to have an awesome summer vacation," Sungmin pouts and crosses his legs as he sits on the sofa. He is very sick of his father telling him to study so that he can move to his last year. Yes, he wants to graduate, and only if he is intelligent to skip a year and advance to a next level.

"You want to have an awesome summer vacation? Then study and get B grade," his father says.

"But...Dad!" Sungmin complains. "You're unfair."

"You should have realized that before, not just now," his father tells him. "I am asking you to do this because I want you to become a lawyer someday, like you always want to."

"Wanted," Sungmin corrects his father. It is not 'is.' It is a 'was.' "I decide not to be a lawyer anymore. I don't want to continue the family tradition. It is pointless."

"What happened to you? I thought you like to be a lawyer someday?"

Sungmin smirks. "Things change, Dad. You can't convince me anymore to study."

"Really? How about a deal?" His father gives him a playful look. "I'll not give you any allowance for next year nor let you go anywhere for your vacation. You'll work for me in our firm the whole summer."

○●○

"Ugh! I have to get a grade of B or higher in English, Geometry and Biology! I don't want to repeat my third year!"

Ryeowook smiles and puts his palm under his chin. "You don't want to repeat your third year or you don't want your father to decrease your allowance?"

"Hmph, Dad is killing me. He threatened me that he would not let me go anywhere for summer vacation and that he would cut my allowance if I repeat my subjects," Sungmin finally admits. "Imagine. No new stuffs, no beach, just home and office! I can't stay like that for almost three months!"

"You finally say the truth," Kyuhyun says and sits with Donghae who is across Sungmin. Kyuhyun has his vacation up until the examination days are over. Manager Han told him to come back after examination days so that he could study well for the exams and so that he could concentrate. But since he couldn't just stay home because he couldn't leave work - and he wanted to see Sungmin - he agreed to hang out with Donghae and the rest at the ice cream parlor. "Knowing you, you don't have any care for your studies."

Sungmin rolls his eyes at Kyuhyun and then he turns to Ryeowook. "What do you think? How can I get a B in all of my most hated subjects?"

"Well, the best way is for you to study," Ryeowook answers.

Sungmin pouts. "But studying bores me!"

"Then there is no hope anymore," Kyuhyun once again tells Sungmin.

Sungmin glares at Kyuhyun. "How about, shut up, Cho? You're not helping me in any way."

"Wow, you got me a new nickname," Kyuhyun notices that Sungmin calls him in his last name. What happens to 'Kyuhyun?' "Yes I know that I don't offer any help, but if you yourself don't help yourself, you won't pass your subjects. Ryeowook is right. All you have to do is to study."

Sungmin sighs and gives up. "Okay fine. You have a point. I'll study. But how?"

"Do you want me to tutor you?" Donghae finally speaks. His eyes sparkle as he thinks about tutoring Sungmin. He is going to gain plus points from Sungmin at the same time be with him alone. "You know, I am good at English, not that I am boasting."

"I can also tutor you in Biology!" Ryeowook volunteers.

"Thanks guys but," he pauses and simultaneously looks at the two, then continues, "I don't want to bother you. Besides, you also need to study for your examinations. We can't do it in separate days because it will eat your study hours. You're both running for honors, right?"

"Yes, but I assure you, it is alright!" Donghae tries to convince Sungmin. "How about wè do group studying?"

"Sounds like a good idea," Ryeowook agrees. "We need to set one day to do it! Donghae and Sungmin can study English together for three hours or so and others can study by themselves for other subjects. It will be in rotation so that we can all study and concentrate in other topics."

Donghae claps as he looks meaningfully at Ryeowook who secretly grins at him. "Good idea! How about on a Saturday so that we can study and review by Sunday? We can also have a sleepover just in case."

"I'm in," Ryeowook raises his hand. "We can do it at Donghae's flat. Right, Donghae?"

"Of course you can! Ryeowook and I can cook. I'll let you taste my specialty!" Donghae says.

"Sounds good," Ryeowook approves. "So Sungmin?"

"Of course, it will be great," Sungmin approves as well. He looks at Ryeowook who whispers to Sungmin to ask Kyuhyun too. "Kyuhyun?"

"Pass. I am out," Kyuhyun speaks and kills the excitement among everyone, especially Ryeowook.

Sungmin narrows his eyes. "Kill joy," he says and then uses his puppy eyes to convince Kyuhyun. "Come on Kyuhyun! You'll not regret this. If you go with us, I'll buy you a phone case."

"Kyuhyun has a phone now?" Donghae raises his eyebrows at Kyuhyun who displays a blank face. "Since when? And why does Sungmin know about it?"

"I gave to Kyuhyun the phone that I received yesterday. I have the same phone, so I decided to give it to Kyuhyun instead," Sungmin explains. "Besides, I can't imagine anyone not having a phone."

Kyuhyun shrugs. "I can live without it though."

"You only say that because you don't know the importance of it," Sungmin says. "So what now, Kyuhyun? Are you going?"

"Fine, I will," Kyuhyun sighs. "I am not going to sleep there, alright? By the time I finish studying, I will go home."

Ryeowook frowns, but he thinks that at least, it'll be the first time that Kyuhyun will go with them. "You're not going to tutor Sungmin?"

"You have to tutor Sungmin in Geometry, Kyuhyun," Donghae urges Kyuhyun. "You are good at it, so you have to."

"No," Kyuhyun shakes his head.

"Please?" Sungmin pleads, making Kyuhyun look automatically at him. These days, he can't resist him. It is very difficult to say no to him, and he is trying very hard to do it. But he ends up failing, especially when Sungmin uses that puppy-eyed look. "For the phone case?"

"Okay," Kyuhyun finally agrees. He sees Sungmin smiling widely and it makes him happy for whatever reason. "But this is not for the phone case."

"Not for the phone case," Sungmin clarifies.

○●○

It is certainly for the phone case.

He can't remove his smile while he is walking. Sungmin will buy him a phone case. Just like how lovers do it.

Donghae whined at him when they were on their way home. He asked Kyuhyun to give him the phone that Sungmin had given him. Kyuhyun told him that it was given to him, so he could not give it to Donghae. Besides, it was the only thing that Sungmin gave him. He realized how important it was because it was from Sungmin.

"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun. You are acting crazy," he says to himself as he lies on the bed. He gets the phone from his pocket and looks at it. He browses his phone book and sees the only number saved there. "You are tempting me to call you."

He accidentally presses the call button. He is about to end it but Sungmin answers it almost immediately. "Yes?"

He does not speak. It seems that his tongue is cut from his mouth. He sounds a bit different in the phone. But the sound of his voice is still the same voice that touches his heart.

"Hello? If you are not going to say anything then-"

"It's me, Kyuhyun," he finally speaks.

○●○

Sungmin furrows his eyebrows as he stares at his phone before putting it back to his ear. "Hello? If you are not going to say anything then-"

"It's me, Kyuhyun," the person in the other line speaks.

Why is he calling me? He asks himself in his mind. Once again, it gives him a weird feeling. "Why did you call me?"

There is a long silence from the other line. But when he is about to speak again, Kyuhyun utters, "Just testing if this is really your number. I thought you're playing around."

Sungmin laughs. "Why would I do that? You're a friend."

"Colleague," Kyuhyun corrects.

"Whatever. So," Sungmin pauses and sits on his bed. "You're going, right? Good. It's good that you're going to hang around with us," he says.

Good thing, they are on the phone, so Sungmin cannot see Kyuhyun blushing at that. "It is not hanging around. Don't forget that you have a focus that-"

"Yes, Dad," he cuts in. "You sound like my dad."

"Ouch."

"Why?" Sungmin let go of a chuckle. "It is better than an ice cold monster."

"So I am not an ice cold monster anymore," Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin hears it differently because it sounds like Kyuhyun is excited to hear his answer.

"You're still an ice cold jerk, but not a monster anymore," Sungmin says.

"Better."

Silence. Sungmin realizes that he is comfortably talking to Kyuhyun that time. It is weird but it is something new. And he unbelievably likes it. "Well, Cho Kyuhyun. I don't wanna say this, but see you on Saturday. Five o'clock in the afternoon."

"Yeah. I am going to hang up now," Kyuhyun tells him. "Goodnight, Lee."

Before Sungmin can react, Kyuhyun already hanged up. Kyuhyun called him 'Lee.' It is a bit peculiar but it sounds pretty cute.

He unknowingly smiles at that.

♡♥♡

《Kill me for the lame update. Next chapter will be... good. I promise~ ㅠ.ㅠ》