Chapter 25

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 25 - Still in Confusion

♡♥♡

It is the second day of work. Sungmin comes the earliest among the four frontliners, including another waiter, Donghae and Kyuhyun. Speaking of Kyuhyun, he is the latest employee who comes to work and it is unusual for him to be the last.

Sungmin is stealing a glance at Kyuhyun while they are all in the employees' lounge. Donghae sees Sungmin and asks him why.

"Ah, it's nothing," Sungmin smikes awkwardly as he puts his bag inside the locker. He came in with his uniform already, so he doesn't have to change anymore. With that, he is very amazed of himself waking up early and going to work early. To be honest, he wants to talk to Kyuhyun again because what happened between them the night before bothers him. He should not be bothered but unfortunately, he was and he still is. "I am going outside now."

Donghae follows Sungmin with his gaze until the latter is completely nowhere. Donghae goes to Kyuhyun afterwards. "Did you guys fight again?"

Kyuhyun displays a blank face as he replies, "What's new?"

Kyuhyun leaves. Donghae is left there, confused at the tension between the two. He knows that there has always been a tension between the two but for the past few days, they seem alright together. They would at least make one irritated. But that time, it is totally blank. But he is sort of happy about it, not that he likes it.

○●○

"Where is Sungmin?" A female customer asks Donghae. Kyuhyun, who is still manning the cashier, is able to recognize the woman. She is the cause of their mini feud, and she further destroys his destroyed mood.

"U-uh..." It seems that Donghae also feels it. "He'll be here in a moment. Please take a seat."

The female customer smiles and sits on a table near the cashier. She notices Kyuhyun. "Oh, you're the guy yesterday."

Kyuhyun, being a good actor as he is, smiles at her even if inside him, he already wants to strangle the woman.

"Someone's looking for me? Eh... oh," Sungmin trails off as he sees the woman again. He gets his notepad and attends to her. "Your order?"

"You," the woman winks at him and grins. Sungmin is caught off guard. Donghae, as well as Kyuhyun, hears it.

He hisses and goes to Kyuhyun to whine. "This woman has to go away from Sungmin!"

Kyuhyun actually has the same thought at the moment, but he does not speak. Instead, he clences his left fist and starts typing random keys in the cash register.

Sungmin smiles awkwardly and says to the woman, "Sorry, Miss. I am not for sale."

"Oh, you're taken already?" The woman frowns, but she immediately changes her expression again. "Anyway, I will have mango yoghurt."

Sungmin walks towards the cashier and tells Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun does not react as he punches her order. Sungmin leaves after that and attends to other customers who just arrived.

The woman does not leave upon eating all her yoghurt. She orders again, and she dislikes others, even Donghae, taking her orders. She wants Sungmin, and Sungmin always attends to her and takes her order.

It has been four hours already. The woman finally decides to leave to take her lunch at a nearby restaurant. Sungmin sighs in relief as he sees the woman leave. "She is persistent."

Donghae nods. "She is. I mean, hello, you are not interested in her, right?"

"I told her that I was not interested in her. She was cute and petite, but what she was doing hours ago was a turn off. Tsk. She could have been my type," Sungmin tells Donghae.

Donghae is half okay half not about it. He is half okay because Sungmin is turned off. Half not because Sungmin is interested in cute and petite girls, which clearly not him. "So you have an ideal type. I thought you are not interested in such. I mean..."

"Well, even if I am not interested in intimate relationships, I still have an ideal type," Sungmin laughs.

Donghae nods. "What is your ideal type then?"

At that moment, Kyuhyun passes by because he is called by other waiter. He glares at the two, who are not working. He gets more pissed when Dinghae and Sungmin continues talking to each other. Sungmin replies in which Kyuhyun overhears, "I like cute and petite girls, as I mentioned, just like the woman." Upon hearing it, Kyuhyun gets more agitated.

"Can you please stop slacking and move!?" He angrily commands them. Donghae and Sungmin obey, but Sungmin continues talking to Donghae.

"But then, for the personality, I like girls who are caring and thoughtful, but not too much to the point that she would do something like going everywhere I go. I just like her to care for me when needed," he explains. Then they hear Kyuhyun coughing intentionally. "And of course, most importantly, someone who is not as annoying as your best friend."

Donghae chuckles. "So... that is applicable to males too, right?"

Sungmin nods. "Probably. I never had experience with these... uh... feelings so... don't laugh at me!"

"I won't," Donghae tries to joke around so he laughs, leaving Sungmin a bit pissed. "I am joking."

"To be honest," Sungmin says with a serious face. "I find you close to my ideal guy."

Donghae feels that he is floating in the clouds right then. Even if it is just a joke or not, he is still happy. Well, who won't be? "I am flattered."

"Oh, you should be," Sungmin grins. "It just means that I want to be like you."

Donghae pouts. He thinks differently so he is not able to think about that. He expects that he also has a chance. Even so, he is still okay with it.

○●○

The woman comes back at one. She only eats for fifteen minutes and she is back again.

Meanwhile, Sungmin and Kyuhyun take a break since Donghae has taken his lunch earlier. They are inside the pantry, eating their lunches.

Sungmin's mother knows that he is working so she prepared lunch for him. He really loves the lunch box his mother has been making him since he first went to school. 

"Are you the one who prepares your lunch?" Sungmin asks the person in front of him. Since the dining table in the pantry is square, they are both facing each other. He forgets that he and Kyuhyun have a fight, so he just recovers from embarrassment by eating again.

"Who do you expect to prepare my lunch?" Kyuhyun asks coldly.

Sungmin raises his chin up and looks at Kyuhyun. "Why are you extra cold today?"

Kyuhyun does not speak. Instead, he stands up, taking his things with him.

"-"

"Sungmin!" Someone calls him. He knows who - the woman. She enters the lounge even before Kyuhyun can go out. How does she have a permission to go inside the lounge? She hugs him from behind. "I thought you're gone."

Kyuhyun, who is standing near the door, turns to the woman's direction. "I am sorry, but you are not allowed to go to this place, Miss."

She acts like she does not hear Kyuhyun. She pulls herself away from Sungmin and sits across him. "Are you finished yet?"

Sungmin smiles at her. "No. Not yet. Can you go out for awhile? Customers are not allowed here."

"Oh, I thought it was okay," the woman says. "Okay then. I'll just wait for you outside."

When she is about to go out, someone open the door again. The man, who was with the woman last night, shows up. Donghae is behind him.

"So this is the guy that you chose over me!?" The man almost runs towards Sungmin, pulls him up and grabs his collar. "Who do you think you are, stealing the girlfriend of others?"

"Excuse me, Sir, please stop it," Donghae tries to stop the man from attacking Sungmin, but the man shoves him and continues to glare at Sungmin. Donghae returns to his position as he tries to stop the man again.

"Yah, Doogyul, we are not together now. We broke up already! I like Sungmin now!" The woman shouts. "Go away! We are over now!"

"After all that I gave to you Heera? What does this brat have aside from his looks?" Doogyul, the man, says to Heera. Then he turns to Sungmin after shoving Donghae again. "Do you think you can beat me? Do you know who I am!?"

Sungmin just smirks. "No, I don't. And I don't care."

"You-"

"Can you stop fighting!?" Kyuhyun finally speaks after a few moments. "We are in a public place, Sir. Please, if you have a thing against the employee then settle it with the manager."

Doogyul transfers his attention to Kyuhyun. "Do you think your manager has a say about this? This is not about your bad service. This is about this stupid brat who uses his looks to attract the girlfriend of someone! Look at him. I bet he is nothing but a flirt."

Sungmin shoves the man's arms from grabbing his collar. Donghae steps backwards with the impact. "I am working here quietly. It is not my problem that your girlfriend likes me more than you, ugly face."

"What did you say!?" Doogyul charges his right fist and it contacts with Sungmin's jaw. Sungmin steps a little backward, but he does not lose his balance. He glares at Doogyul and has his revenge by punching him back. Doogyul falls on the ground.

"What is happening!?" Manager Han arrives. He sees Doogyul lying on the ground and Sungmin is blazing with anger. Doogyul stands up to tell that Sungmin punches him for no reason. Heera and Donghae tell the manager that it is not right. Kyuhyun is still quiet. Manager Han turns to Sungmin. "Is it true, Sungmin?"

"I want to sue him for physical injury!" Doogyul yells.

"It is not true, Manager Han," Sungmin tells the manager.

Doogyul snickers. "You! You will pay for this!"

"Go ahead then! Let us see who will win," Sungmin does not mind the threat. Manager Han sighs.

"Sungmin, go home and cool yourself, but before that, I'll talk to you first to settle the dispute," Manager Han commands. Sungmin nods. Manager Han turns to Doogyul. "Sir, can we have some discussion in my office?"

Doogyul wipes his clothes and gives a final glare to Sungmin before nodding. Manager Han leaves. Doogyul, Heera and Sungmin follow him in the office.

○●○

Upon settling everything, Sungmin goes out from the office. Heera admitted that it was her fault that the two had a fight. She said that she would want to break up with Doogyul because he was always violent whenever he was drunk so she found a way to breakup with her obssessed and violent boyfriend through Sungmin. She also added that even if she was always given gifts by Doogyul, she could not stand him still. Doogyul was guilty for it, so he agreed to forget all that happend and he would not sue Sungmin anymore. The two left before Sungmin. Sungmin stayed so that Manager Han could reprimand him. He decided to quit his job because he could not go on anymore. Manager Han asked him to stay though. He wanted him to think about it over the night. Sungmin just agreed.

He returns to the employees' lounge to pick up his things so that he can go home already, as advised by Manager Han. He told him that he should control his temper because not all people are like Doogyul. He could have been sued. 

He sees Kyuhyun at the lounge. It is his break time.

"I am quitting my job, I want to. I can't go on anymore," he states. Kyuhyun automatically looks at him.

"If you want to earn money then you should stop  being impatient," Kyuhyun says.

Sungmin gets angry. "I was taking my work seriously but the two of them were forcing me to lose my patience! Didn't you see how that Doogyul charged without even knowing my part!?"

"Even so, he is still a customer, you must pay him respect-"

"Ha," Sungmin snickers. "I am sorry that I am not like you, Cho. I am sorry that he didn't show some respect for me. I don't want my pride to be stepped on!"

"There goes your pride!" Kyuhyun says with the same level as Sungmin's voice. "You keep on thinking about your pride."

"How about you, Cho!? Why you always tell me what to do? You are always interfering with my life! Can you please think about your life first!?"

Sungmin makes his way out. He does not know why Kyuhyun always interfere with his life. If it is not for Ryeowook, he would befriend him. But sometimes, Sungmin can't help it but to admit that Kyuhyun is right at some point. However, he is really curious why he always mocks him. Yes, he is cold to everyone, but he only insults him the most.

He does not know the reason. But he has to know the reason.

♡♥♡