Chapter 33

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 33 - Of Suspicions and Encouragements

♡♥♡

"Yo!"

"Sungmin, you have to help me!" Ryeowook frantically runs towards Sungmin who just arrived and pulls him to Ryeowook's closet. "I don't know what to choose!"

Sungmin stares at Ryeowook's closet. Apparently, Ryeowook is acting like a high school girl who desperately finds something to wear for her first date. And he laughs at that idea. "Your clothes are awful."

"So are yours," Ryeowook says. "Although I have to admit that I don't have the right to say that."

Sungmin randomly picks out two t-shirts and one pair of pants. "These will do."

Ryeowook looks at Sungmin as if he is the most terrible person in the planet. "They won't do, Sungmin!"

"Trust me," Sungmin winks at Ryeowook who is not pleased. It is his first time to go in a club so he does not know what to wear. Kyuhyun is also going. He has to be presentable. He has to be decent enough. "Don't worry, I'll sew it for you."

"W-What?" Ryeowook immediately eyes Sungmin. Sungmin's smiling like he is going to do something bad to his clothes. He did it before. He might do it again. Ryeowook hurriedly takes all the clothes that Sungmin got out from his closet. "No, Sungmin. I won't let you do that again!"

"Come on, Kim Ryeowook," Sungmin chuckles as he tries to snatch the clothes from Ryeowook, but the latter tucks it more to his chest. "It's not that it failed last time."

"But Lee Sungmin!" Ryeowook continues to object. "I could not contain my embarrassment when I wore those clothes that you cut and sew!"

During their first year play which was Sleeping Beauty, Sungmin was assigned to do the costumes because he refused to act on stage. Ryeowook was the male lead, or the prince that time, so he wanted to do something special for him. He kind of experimented and tried to cut his original costume and design it with a twist. Ryeowook ended up wearing something revealing that he almost wanted to backout due to embarrassment.

Sungmin pouts. "I may be a fashion terrorist, but I can design clothes for others, alright?"

"Hey Ryeowook, what's- Sungmin!" Donghae arrives. He was from the ice cream parlor. Sungmin went home first because Donghae was asked to do more work  by Manager Han.

"Oh, hey, Donghae," Sungmin greets Donghae with a smile. "Convince my best friend that I only want what's best for him!"

"What's the matter?" Donghae asks Ryeowook. "Did you guys fight?"

"We're nearly fighting," Ryeowook jokes, and Donghae takes it seriously, so Ryeowook laughs. "I'm joking!"

Donghae sighs in relief. "I thought you were really fighting. What's the matter anyway?"

Sungmin answers, "Well, Kim Ryeowook does not want me to reinvent his boring clothes. We're going to the club, and Kyuhyun's there, so he has to be presentable."

"That's the point, Min," Ryeowook says. "Kyuhyun's going to be with us!"

"Ugh, Ryeowook, trust me this time, alright? I came here all the way from the ice cream parlor even if I can straightly go to the club because I know that this is going to happen,'' Sungmin tells. "Please?"

Ryeowook gives up and gives the clothes to Sungmin after a few moments of silence. "Alright. But if it does not turn out right, then... You'll have to do something in exchange."

Sungmin beams with joy and grabs the clothes from Ryeowook. "Alright! Give me thirty minutes and we're good to go."

Sungmin starts to get the portable sewing machine inside Ryeowook's cabinet and puts it on a table. He sits on a chair and excitedly cuts Ryeowook's t-shirt and sews it to redesign Ryeowook's clothes. Donghae and Ryeowook are both watching him do that, and Donghae is very amazed.

"Wow, I can't believe you can do such things, Sungmin!" Donghae praises.

"Of course, I can do such things," Sungmin boasts and continues.

Ryeowook and Donghae continue to watch Sungmin without any word. After thirty minutes, as promised, the new shirt is done. The color combination isvery flashy, but it definitely not a disaster. Sungmin gives it to Ryeowook who receives it happily. "I thought this would not end well!"

"I told you to believe in me," Sungmin smiles as he sees his best friend happy with his art work. Donghae also compliments Sungmin for that skill. "Oh, can you call Kyuhyun now? Tell him that he can go there already."

"But he hasn't given me his number. More like, he is not able to," Donghae says. Ryeowook just tells both that he does not have Kyuhyun's number either.

"Ugh, that guy," Sungmin mumbles as he gets his phone from his pocket and dial Kyuhyun's number. "He should have given his number to his friends." After a few rings, Kyuhyun answers the phone. "Hey, Cho."

"What?" asks Kyuhyun from the other line. 

"If you continue that, I'd burn you," Sungmin threatens. "Come on, we'll arrive in like... ten minutes?"

"So, are you telling me to go to the club already?" 

"Yes, I am hanging up now, bye," Sungmin does not wait for an answer. He hangs up. "Let's go?"

"This is weird, because I am his best friend yet I don't have his number," Donghae comments.

Ryeowook immediately stares at Donghae then at Sungmin.

"Well, it doesn't have a meaning," Sungmin looks at Ryeowook like he is assuring him that there is nothing behind that. "I just saved my number to his phone because I won the phone and I gave it to him. I have his number because he texted me to thank me for the phone case that I also bought him as a thank-you gift."

"And speaking of the phone case, he also-"

"I think we have to go now," Ryeowook cuts in. "I'll just change my clothes so you can wait for me outside."

Sungmin nods and taps Ryeowook's shoulder. "Okay! Don't take long! Your beloved Kyuhyun is waiting for you," he winks and leaves Ryeowook's room. Donghae follows Sungmin.

While changing his clothes, he can't help but to think about what Donghae observed. Aside from that, Kyuhyun and Sungmin seems closer now. The phone cases, for example. Sungmin has a pink phone case and Kyuhyun has one too. It is similar, as if it is a couple phone case, aside from the fact that they have the same phone. And Kyuhyun, as Donghae revealed, does not like pink. Why in the world would he use a pink phone case? He could have demanded a phone case with different color. Lastly, Kyuhyun is the type of person who does not accept anything in return. Why did he accept Sungmin's gifts?

He does not want to think about it, but in the club, he'll find out.

○●○

"That jerk, he's still not here," Sungmin rants. Apparently, Kyuhyun is not in the club yet.

The three of them go inside the club and find a vacant table. Luckily, they get a table on one side of the club that is facing the dance floor.

"I want to dance now," Sungmin tells the two. "But then, let's drink first."

Ryeowook worriedly looks at Sungmin. "But Sungmin, I don't drink. And is it bad for us because we are minors?"

"Well, they won't know," Sungmin says. Ryeowook looks like he commits a grave sin. Sungmin laughs. "I'm joking! We're not drinking anything tonight but mocktails. And besides, we do not have a strap that adults have so we can't drink alcoholic beverages."

Ryeowook sighs in relief. "Aw, I thought you were serious."

"Oh, the dancers are pretty good tonight! Might as well join them," Sungmin stands. Donghae is also about to stand to go with Sungmin but Sungmin faces him. "Donghae, please take care of Ryeowook first, alright, if that is okay with you? I'll be back in a while. I'll just make friends."

Donghae has no choice but to nod. Sungmin grins and almost runs towards the dance floor.

"Are you regretting it?" Ryeowook chuckles. "Don't worry about me here. Just go and dance with him! It's your chance."

Donghae shakes his head and smiles at Ryeowook. "Sungmin entrusted you to me, so I have to comply. He'd get mad if i leave you here. It's your first time here, right, Ryeowook?" Donghae asks. Ryeowook nods as an answer. "So that's why I can't leave you."

Ryeowook beams. "Thanks for the concern, Donghae."

Donghae orders a mocktail for him and a juice for Ryeowook. When the waiter leaves them, Donghae stares at Sungmin who is enjoying the beat. "Sungmin's enjoying it."

"Yup," Ryeowook agrees. "He really enjoys these kind of things."

"But as far as I know, he doesn't have much friends, right? He only has us as friends," Donghae says. "Despite of his outgoing personality, he can't make friends at school."

"Well, it's true, but whenever he is somewhere else, he can totally be close to anyone almost immediately. I remember one time, when our school had a field trip, he was able to make friends, those people who didn't really know him, although of course it was not the friends forever type of friendship because he barely knew them. I think it's more of acquaintances than friends. People in school usually are afraid of him because of his background. And he is blaming it to the fact that he is a son of a lawyer," Ryeowook explains. "I think it is one of the factors why he doesn't like school."

"I am confuse though. What if people are afraid of him because he is kind of putting the law in his hands and not because he is a son of a lawyer?" Donghae asks.

"Well, people always tell him that they don't befriend him because he is a son of a lawyer. And to be honest, he stopped making friends ever since we became friends. He also stopped making friends when he started saving the city so I guess, he somehow gave up befriending people because they would just reject him. That was when until he met you and Kyuhyun. He started to become open again to everyone. And I think it's great," Ryeowook answers.

Donghae smiles. "It is very good to hear. Anyway, how are you and Kyuhyun together?"

Ryeowook blushes. "E-Eh? S-still no improvement."

"Don't worry! I think that Kyuhyun is just waiting for you to show him that you like him," Donghae says. "He might not be showing warmth at the moment but he might consider it if you become more aggressive."

Ryeowook shakes his head briskly. "I don't think I can do that!"

"You can do it, Ryeowook. I promised to help you right? So I'll help you," Donghae encourages Ryeowook who smiles and thanks Donghae. The waiter arrives with their mocktail and juice.

"How about you and Sungmin?" Ryeowook asks. "Is there any improvement?"

Donghae replies, "Well, he rides with my cheesy jokes, so I guess it's an improvement? I was nearly giving up on him but I would still love Sungmin. Sungmin gave me hope one time so I promised to myself that I would never give up nor think about giving up."

Ryeowook gives him an encouragement tap. "Same here, I'll help you as well."

Donghae nods.

"Oops, you're getting closer?" Sungmin chuckles and teases the two as he approaches their table. "Hmm, I smell something fishy."

"You're mistaken, I only have one preson in my heart," Ryeowook says as he giggles.

"I do have one person in my heart as well," Donghae says as he looks at Sungmin.

Sungmin grins playfully as he sits on his chair. "What? Who's that person? Let me know!"

Donghae blushes. "Actually... I-"

"Can't you get any denser?" someone asks. They all look at the owner of the familiar voice. And they are all right. It is Kyuhyun. He sits on the chair beside Donghae. He then turns to Ryeowook who blushes as Kyuhyun seriously asks, "Why are you here?" 

"You're the one who is denser, Kyuhyun," Donghae laughs.

"I don't think so," Kyuhyun comments. Seeing an untouched juice on the table, he gets it and drinks it. Ryeowook is shocked but he feels happy because Kyuhyun drinks from his glass.

"You jerk! I told you to be early!" Sungmin exclaims. "And that's not yours!"

Kyuhyun shrugs his shoulders. "Well it's here so..."

"It's okay, Sungmin," Ryeowook calms Sungmin down. "Kyuhyun must have something before this that is why he's late."

Kyuhyun puts the glass back on the table and gazes at Ryeowook as he smiles. "Thanks for covering me up, Ryeowook."

Ryeowook's face flushes. It is the first time that Kyuhyun calls him with his first name. It is also the first time that Kyuhyun smiles at him. He feels all giddy inside.

"But honestly, why are you here?" Kyuhyun asks him again.

"To try clubbing once in a while," Ryeowook answers shyly, diverting his eyes away from Kyuhyun.

"Really?"

"Ah, shush," Sungmin rolls his eyes then glares at Kyuhyun. Their eyes meet and as if Kyuhyun talks to him by telepathy. There is a playful look in Kyuhyun's eyes and Sungmin knows that it is to as well. He remembers that he admitted to Kyuhyun that Ryeowook has feelings for him that is why Kyuhyun is doing that. He is asking Sungmin to stop pushing him and Ryeowook together yet he is acting like that. "Ugh, I am going to dance again. I feel stuffy because of someone's presence."

Before everyone can react, Sungmin is already walking towards the dance floor.

I can't understand him. I can't understand this, Sungmin thinks as he feels something unusual in his heart.

♡♥♡

《Does everyone notice how fickle Kyuhyun is? Hehe. Three updates for the week, yey! I love you readers.》