Chapter 50

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 50 - Thirty Minutes

♡♥♡

"How can you be so fluent when it comes to liquor?" Kyuhyun asks as he glares at Sungmin who is sitting on the couch inside the karaoke room, satisfied at what he ordered. "I can't believe you ordered six bottles of strong beer."

"Oh come on, Kyuhyun," Sungmin grins at Kyuhyun then he gets the song book. "It's not like it's difficult to say, 'six strong beers' in English."

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. "When it comes to studies, you're not good with English but when it comes to stuff like this, you're number one."

Sungmin smirks then he looks at Kyuhyun before he says, "Thanks. I appreciate that."

"You are such a slow person. It is a negative thing," Kyuhyun clears, part irritated at Sungmin who is not really paying attention to him. "I promised your parents to take care of you. What if something happens to you? What if you get drunk?"

"I won't get drunk. My alcohol tolerance is very high," Sungmin finally chooses a song and goes to the karaoke machine to key in the number of his song, and changes a topic. "Freaking hell, there are Korean songs here."

"Because it is a Korean karaoke place? Of course they have Korean songs!" Kyuhyun answers and for couple of seconds, he realizes that the topic is being changed. "Hey! Why are you changing the topic? How did you know that your alcohol tolerance level is high? No one would give you an alcoholic drink in Korea because you are a minor!"

"Yes, I'm a minor," Sungmin pauses as the waiter comes in with his order. After the waiter goes out, Sungmin continues and winks at Kyuhyun. "In Korea, and I just know it. I won't pass out like others in the club. Yuck, disgusting!"

Kyuhyun sighs heavily. I don't know what to do with you!" Kyuhyun looks away, finally irritated at Sungmin's hard-headedness. The instrumental part of the song becomes their sole background noise. Sungmin is not singing, so Kyuhyun looks back at Sungmin who is already drinking a bottle of beer. "You won't really listen to me, will you?"

"Kyuhyun, I am telling you, I can handle this," Sungmin insists, finishing another gulp from the bottle. "And besides, you can drink the other bottles of beer. I want to share this to you. My treat. I want you to enjoy the night and forget."

"I'll pass," Kyuhyun says in a low voice. "I won't drink anything."

"Then alright, they're all mine!" Sungmin excitedly screams and starts singing along to the lyrics of the song.

○●○

"Kyu! Sing a song!" Sungmin commands as he gives the microphone to Kyuhyun.

As expected, Sungmin lied. His alcohol tolerance was not really that high. At first, everything was going on smoothly. Sungmin is very confident that he isn't really feeling dizzy yet. He ordered another three bottles when he finishes the first five and the waiter arrived in three minutes. On his seventh bottle, Kyuhyun could tell that Sungmin was 'wilder' than how he really was. He kept on taking the bottles away from Sungmin, but Sungmin managed to outwit Kyuhyun by drinking the seventh bottle.

"Kyu!" Now, he's calling him 'Kyu' and he is a bit awkward about that. Kyuhyun feels a little off, but then, for him, it sounds cute, just like when Sungmin wrote Kyuhyun's name in his notebook. "Sing a song!"

Sungmin hiccups in the middle of those words. And that is how Kyuhyun concludes that he's drunk. "You are drunk. Let's go."

"I am not!" He denies, then he hiccups again as he grins weirdly. "Sing a song, Kyu! I haven't heard you sing!"

"For heaven's sake, Sungmin, let's go-"

"You won't sing? I'll sing more!" Sungmin's eyes are already half-open. He gets the microphone, but Kyuhyun sntaches it away from him. "Hey!"

"I will sing, but in one condition. We'll go home," Kyuhyun proposes. Sungmin grins.

"It's my treat so we'll stay here as long as I want to!" Sungmin yells and gets another bottle. "Besides, I paid for these beers. I won't let them go to waste-"

Kyuhyun approaches Sungmin and tries to get the bottle from him, but Sungmin drinks from it. Kyuhyun gets mad and he tries to snatch the bottle from Sungmin, but Sungmin doesn't want to give it. "I'll call your parents!" He warns.

Sungmin's drunkenness suddeny decreases when Kyuhyun gets the phone from his pocket. Kyuhyun thinks it is effective. "Wait! You haven't changed your pink phone case, have you?" Sungmin grins maliciously. "You like pink too, right, but you don't want others to know?"

"No," Kyuhyun says firmly. "It's just that it's convenient. I don't need to buy another one because it's still in good condition." Knowing that he's being tricked again, he glares at Sungmin. "You are going home-"

"I told you, Kyu, I am not going unless you sing," Sungmin offers. "I will also stop drinking."

"You're sure?" Kyuhyun asks.

"I am a man who keeps promises," Sungmin boasts, putting the bottle back to the table. Kyuhyun sighs and begins to sing. Sungmin sits on the couch, completely mesmerized with Kyuhyun's vocal abilities. He is just watching him sing.

When the song is finished, Kyuhyun turns to Sungmin who is just smiling sweetly at him. Kyuhyun blushes as Sungmin stands and clings to his arm.

"I didn't know that you have a nice voice, Kyu," he praises. "Sing more often, alright? Did you sing it for me?"

Kyuhyun coughs intentionally when he notices that he is just staring at Sungmin who is clinging to him. "No. Why would I?"

"Because you love me too much that you sing for me!" Sungmin grins playfully as he tucks himself more to Kyuhyun.

"You know, Sungmin, you're drunk, let's go home," Kyuhyun nervously pulls his arm from Sungmin and moves away from him as fast as he can. But Sungmin runs like a child to catch up and hugs Kyuhyun from the back. Kyuhyun freezes as he tries to avoid Sungmin's loving embrace to him. "S-Sungmin..."

"Kyuhyun, I have a small favor to ask you... please?" Sungmin whispers, just enough for Kyuhyun to hear. Kyuhyun does not move, and Sungmin interprets it as a signal for him to continue. "Let's go to the club beside this karaoke place."

Kyuhyun automatically turns around and faces Sungmin. "You're drunk. You need to rest."

"Please?" Sungmin's eyes twinkle as he pleads. Kyuhyun surely cannot refuse someone like Sungmin who is acting cutely in front of him. "I just want to dance."

"I said no," Kyuhyun insists.

Sungmin crosses his arms and pouts. Then he stomps. "I hate you. You owe me, remember?"

"I do not."

"Then I'll drink these," Sungmin runs towards the table where unopened bottle of beers are and grabs one bottle. When he is about to drink it, Kyuhyun snatches it and drinks it all in behalf of Sungmin. "Yah! That is mine!" Sungmin grabs another bottle, but Kyuhyun snatches it again and drinks it in one go. "Cho Kyuhyun, I paid for those!"

"Now that I am not sure you would pass out, we can go to the club," Kyuhyun finally says. "Thirty minutes."

Sungmin does a victory sign and shouts, "Yes!" Then he runs outside the karaoke place, not waiting for Kyuhyun who chases after him. Sungmin is walking very weirdly, so Kyuhyun grabs him and assists him to walk, but Sungmin refuses to accept his assistance. Kyuhyun still helps him walk. He arrives at the club beside the karaoke place. He sees Sungmin running towards the center of the dance floor. Remembering the thing that happened before in a club back in Korea, he frantically follows Sungmin to the dance floor.

"You, you're not in your own country!" Kyuhyun scolds him and grabs Sungmin's shoulder who just stops in the middle of the dance floor.

"Why are you here?" Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun does not hear it properly because of the loud party music. Then Sungmin turns around to Kyuhyun who is still not removing his hand on Sungmin's shoulder. "You hate the club, right?" His voice starts to sound weird too.

"I hate going to a club. I hate the music, I hate the smoke, I hate the lights. I hate the people," Kyuhyun says. "But I don't want to leave you."

The music starts to become slower and slower and the lights become dimmer and dimmer. People who likes party music one by one leaves the dance floor, and couples start to dance together. Kyuhyun is surprised when Sungmin hooks his right arm around Kyuhyun's neck. His heart starts to beat wildly as Sungmin touches his face with his left hand. "Then stay and dance with me."

Kyuhyun knows that he is slowly being intoxicated with the alcohol that he drank earlier. I drank too fast, he thinks. But I don't think it's just it. It's him. And he feels that the alcohol in his system is working faster as Sungmin draws him closer to the former. He can finally smell Sungmin's breath - a mixture of alcohol and a sweet scent that he cannot identify. Damn it, I want to kiss him. 

He looks away as he realizes - or rather, feels - that Sungmin is looking at him. The light is too dim, but he can still see silhouettes of people around him, especially those who are making out either in the dance floor or in the tables. It doesn't help to ease the feeling of wanting to kiss Sungmin. He just wants it to end.

No, I don't want to, he contradicts himself because he wants to be that close to Sungmin. I want to be this close to him. Even for this night only.

He is startled when Sungmin makes him look back at him again. It's like all that Kyuhyun sees is Sungmin and he does not care about everything around them anymore. It's just the two of us.

Sungmin holds Kyuhyun's left arm and put it on the former's waist. Kyuhyun does not wait for another moment. He puts his right arm around Sungmin waist and intertwines his hands together as he pulls him closer.

"You fell for my charms as well, didn't you?" Sungmin asks softly, only enough for Kyuhyun to hear. "You've been always too cold to me, but here we are, so maybe... just maybe, you have fallen for me."

Kyuhyun does not deny it, instead, he answers with as sly smile, "Maybe."

After a few moments, Kyuhyun speaks again, asking him about Sungmin's left wrist. Sungmin tells him that it doesn't hurt anymore, and to prove it, he places his left hand on Kyuhyun's nape and pulls it closer to him.

Kyuhyun just stares at him, and Sungmin smiles sweetly at him. He thinks, I bet he would forget all of these tomorrow... might as well make him feel what's in my heart. Maybe... just maybe... he doesn't really think about having any deeper emotions towards anyone. "You are so beautiful," He says, being too honest.

He sees Sungmin blush. The dim light doesn't help concealing Sungmin's blushing face, and Kyuhyun is satisfied with that. He is about to tease Sungmin, but Sungmin tucks his face on Kyuhyun's chest for a considerable number of minutes. Kyuhyun lets him, even if his heart is thumping hard because the person he loves is literally in his arms. It's just the two of us.

After a minute, Sungmin's left cheek collided with Kyuhyun's chest. He removes his left arm from Kyuhyun's nape and transfers it around his waist then he imitates how Kyuhyun's arms are positioned around his waist.

He speaks once again softly, "Stop making me blush all the time. You're the only person who makes me blush like this."

"All the time," Kyuhyun repeats and teases Sungmin. "Does that make me special?"

Sungmin raises his chin and faces Kyuhyun who is bowing down to stare back at him. "This is so wrong, Kyuhyun," he looks away again. "Something is wrong, because I know that Ryeowook likes you so much, and he's my best friend. And here I am. I should have been asking you to like him back and try dating him but... I am acting like this around you."

Kyuhyun is amused at the fact that Sungmin recognizes such feeling even if he does not really pay attention to it.

"But I also want this to happen," Sungmin lifts his chin again and kisses Kyuhyun on the cheek. "It feels so right to be with you right now."

Kyuhyun gets off-guard when Sungmin does and says that.

Sungmin tucks his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder. This time, Kyuhyun touches Sungmin's face and makes him look at him. The latter displays a sweet smile to the former and removes his hand from his face. Sungmin puts Kyuhyun's hand back to where it was. "There will be nothing more or nothing less than what I am doing."

Kyuhyun obviously wants to reject it, but Sungmin asks for that favor, so he just gazes at Sungmin.

"I want to ask you how you feel about Ryeowook," Sungmin says. "I doubt that you don't have any feelings for my best friend even for a slightest bit because you protect him all the time."

"You are getting the wrong picture," Kyuhyun says as he bows down to move his face nearer to Sungmin. "You are still getting the wrong picture."

Sungmin begins to place soft kisses on Kyuhyun's face. "Am I?" Kyuhyun tries to chase his lips, but Sungmin has no plans of letting Kyuhyun kiss the former on his lips.

"You're really expert at this," Kyuhyun comments as he becomes frustrated.

"I haven't done this with anyone. Just with you," Sungmin confesses. "I really hate flirting. I just wanted to try this once with someone I know personally."

"The person who was flirting with before was not someone you knew, I suppose," Kyuhyun says as he starts trying to kiss his lips once more. "So again, does this make me special?"

"Maybe," Sungmin answers. "Just maybe."

"Why don't you want me to kiss you then?" Kyuhyun asks.

"Because first kiss must be saved for the person you love," Sungmin replies. "I would want to save my first kiss to the person I would love in the future."

Kyuhyun smirks. "I am surprised that you are entertaining such thought," he says. "So does that mean... you don't have someone you like right now?"

"I don't," Sungmin stops. "Even if I know that Donghae likes me, I don't think I can like someone right now. I want to spend the rest of my high school days enjoying all joy it brings, except being in school of course, so I do not have plans committing myself to a specific person."

"What if... someone would like you aside from Donghae?" Kyuhyun asks as he looks intently at Sungmin. "What if it's me?"

Sungmin's heart skips a beat with that question. He immediately looks back at Kyuhyun who is seriously looking at him. He recovers and asks another question. "What if it's you?"

Kyuhyun just smiles and pulls Sungmin closer to kiss his forehead. "If it's me then..." Then he kisses him on the tip of his nose. He does not continue his last few words, instead, he locks Sungmin around his arms until there is no space between them and moves his face closer to kiss Sungmin on the lips.

But the latter is quicker as he puts his hand on his lips. "Thirty minutes is over."

○●○

They reach their hotel at one in the morning. Kyuhyun falls on the bed without changing his clothes.

The night is so tough for him, because he didn't have the chance to kiss Sungmin on the lips. When they took the cab, Sungmin was asleep, and he only woke him up when they were near the hotel. He assisted him to the bathroom to wash up as Sungmin requested 

He remembered everything. Too bad, everything would just change back to normal days when he and Sungmin would just be two people who know each other.

After a few minutes, Sungmin walked out from the bathroom. Kyuhyun notices that Sungmin's drunkenness is decreased.

"Am I still allowed to sleep on the bed? My head still hurts," he says. Kyuhyun does not reply, instead, he pulls Sungmin on the bed and he moves towards the left corner of the bed then puts on the blanket. Sungmin slips under the blanket that they share and just like Kyuhyun whose back is facing him, he also turns his back to Kyuhyun. "Are you mad?"

Yes, he is, but he does not tell him. "Just sleep and we'll be early tomorrow." He is dosing off already when he feels that Sungmin rolls near him. When he opens his eyes, he sees Sungmin leaning over him, his arms supporting his body, as if he is watching him sleep. To Kyuhyun's shock, Sungmin gives him a short peck on the lips and he immediately rolls back to the other side again. Kyuhyun feels that his sleepiness is gone as he feels butteflies in his stomach. "W-What is that for?"

There is no reply.

He imitates Sungmin and rolls on the bed until he is already beside Sungmin. Kyuhyun puts his left arm around Sungmin and pulls him towards him. He feels that Sungmin's hand lands on his hand, holding it tightly.

"Because you're upset and I think my first kiss theory isn't very realistic now," Sungmin speaks, his eyes closed. "Come on now, we need to sleep."

"Yes, I was upset," Kyuhyun admits and removes his hand under Sungmin's hand and places it on top. "But now, I'm not."

Sungmin faces Kyuhyun, not removing their hands together. "I told you to stop making me blush. I might fall for you and it's not right."

Kyuhyun smiles as he stares at Sungmin and holds Sungmin's hand more tightly. "Fall for me then."

♡♥♡

《Two weeks no update... so here it is. Hehe. I hoped you like it. :D Part 1 of the novel finished! Yey. Watch out for angst-romantic part 2 chapters 51-100. And oh, I dedicate this chapter to Ayen (ayenshoo12)... hehe. I forgot your username so I will put your username here later. Thanks for the Leo-fluff fic hihi》