Chapter 53

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 53 - Truth or Dare

♡♥♡

It is Wednesday and it is already another day. Sungmin and the rest of the ice cream parlor's employees have resumed to work. And Sungmin is very excited.

The ice cream parlor is perfectly renovated. Sungmin likes everything, especially because the color theme of the ice cream parlor is pink.

"Ah, it feels so light!" Sungmin says as he gets in the ice cream parlor. "Manager Han really loves me."

"Yes, I do," Manager Han, who just arrives, agrees. Sungmin smiles and hugs Manager Han. "Oh, you probably missed me too much. How was your vacation?"

"Good," he replies.

"Only good?" Manager Han pulls himself from the hug. "How was Kyuhyun?"

He blushes for a second, but it immediately fades away as he looks away. "He's fine."

Manager Han smirks secretly. "Alright then. Go and change now. It's nice to have you back."

"It's nice to be back," Sungmin comments. "I can't wait to work. And wow, I cannot believe that I said that."

"Oh, Ryeowook's also starting today right?" He asks.

"He should have started last Monday, but since I moved the reopening today, he would start today too," Manager Han replies.

"Why did you move the reopening?" Sungmin asks again.

Manager Han smiles. "Because the flower boys are not yet here. Kyuhyun is a large factor in the success of the ice cream parlor, you know?"

Sungmin frowns. "I think I am a huge factor too!"

"I am not even competing with you."

Manager Han and Sungmin turns to see Kyuhyun who enters the ice cream parlor. Sungmin gets awkward when he sees Kyuhyun because remembers what happened last night.

Yesterday, because something was bothering him, Sungmin decided to call Ryeowook and Donghae for a surprise. He told Ryeowook that he had a surprise for him - they went to Kyuhyun's house.

○●○

"Where are we going?" Ryeowook asked as he followed Sungmin.

"Don't worry, I would just want to show you something," Sungmin said as he looked at Ryeowook and smiled at him. "Oh, Donghae, did you bring the playing cards?"

Donghae grinned. "Yeah, of course I did!"

Sungmin clapped. "Great!" He then giggled. "I am so excited to surprise him."

He had his personal motive. He could not remove his thoughts about Kyuhyun insisting that the former was special because he was the first one who went to his house, that they went to Philippines together, et cetera. It was making him giddy, and he didn't want the feeling because as much as possible, he wanted to forget what happened in the Philippines and what he did to Kyuhyun that time.

No, he was certain that his feelings for Kyuhyun would not easily change, but he also knew that he could at least lessen it by erasing all the memories that made him 'special.'

"We're here!" They arrived in front of Kyuhyun's house. It was already seven in the evening, but Sungmin didn't care.

"Where are we?" Donghae asked.

"You'll know later," Sungmin smirked as he rang the doorbell. Someone immediately opened the door. "Hello there, Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun's jaw dropped when he saw Donghae and Ryeowook behind Sungmin. The two of them was surprised, and Donghae waved awkwardly at Kyuhyun.

"Don't be so rude. Let us in," Sungmin spoke. "We have playing cards."

Kyuhyun had no choice but to open the gate and let the three of them in. He waited until the three already went inside his house before he asked. "Why are you all here?"

"Wow, Kyuhyun, I never thought your house was like this," Donghae commented as he looked around.

Kyuhyun glared at him. Donghae chuckled.

"I didn't mean it the bad way. I was surprised that you were able to live alone in this house, that was what I meant," Donghae cleared. "It is my first time here. I can't believe you took Sungmin here first."

"Well, Donghae, you are his best friend and you are special to him, so you have to know where he lives," Sungmin said. Kyuhyun's mind had thought of something, so he smirked secretly and looked at Sungmin who was busy sitting on the floor. "Anyway, Ryeowook, let's sit here and Donghae, bring out the cards!"

"Wait a minute," Kyuhyun interrupted. "Why are you acting like this is your house? I never invited you all, and I am tired, so I hate to be rude but go away."

"U-Uhm, Sungmin, Kyuhyun is right. Why did you take us here?" Ryeowook asked Sungmin who was just standing near the door. "He must be sleeping, I guess?"

"You're such a kill joy, Kyuhyun," Sungmin said and looked at Kyuhyun. "Is that how you treat your guest?"

"First of all, you are not my guest. Second of all, this is not your house and third of all, I don't want you all here. I need to rest, as I said. If you are not tired, then go to your house and play there," Kyuhyun told Sungmin who did not care at all. "Fine then. Do whatever you like. Just don't disturb me."

Kyuhyun went to his bed and slept, while Donghae and Ryeowook remained near the door.

"You heard him! Let's play," Sungmin told both of them.

"I don't think, this is the right time to do this," Donghae said. "Let's just go back the next day."

"Our classes will resume on Monday so we need to do this now! Besides, we have work tomorrow! So we must enjoy!" Sungmin said. "Three truth or dare plays and we're out of here."

Donghae sighed and gave up. "Alright." He sat beside Sungmin. Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun who had his back facing them. He sighed as well and went towards Sungmin.

They played Truth or Dare, and Sungmin initiated the noise. Kyuhyun moaned and turned around. "Hey! Can you stop the noise!?"

"I thought you're sleeping?" Sungmin grinned. "Come here and let's play."

He stood and pulled Kyuhyun by his arm. On impulse, he removed his hand when he felt something hot. But he didn't pay attention to it. Kyuhyun fell on the ground and he glared at Sungmin. But he didn't return to his bed and he joined the others.

The game of Truth or Dare went on for four plays until Kyuhyun finally got the ace and Donghae got the jack, where the jack would choose between Truth or Dare and the ace would ask a question for Truth or would tell the jack to do something for Dare. Sungmin chose Dare.

"Go home and take Ryeowook with you," Kyuhyun told Donghae. Donghae had no choice but to do the dare. Sungmin was pissed when the two of them left so he prepared to leave as well, but Kyuhyun stopped him by pulling his arm. "No, we are not yet finished."

Sungmin felt the hotness of his grasp again and realized that it wasn't ordinary. "Y-You still have fever?"

Kyuhyun didn't answer. He just shuffled the deck.

"Kyuhyun, why didn't you tell-"

"Even if I did," Kyuhyun gave the cards and then he continued, "would you go?"

"I... I didn't know," Sungmin said. "I would go now-"

"I picked the ace. I am assuming you picked jack. Sungmin reviewed his card and saw the jack. Sungmin picked Truth so Kyuhyun asked, "You're still bothered about you being special, right?"

Sungmin thought that he could lie, so he did. "No. Now let us continue-"

"Really?" Kyuhyun gave another set of cards to Sungmin and the same thing happened. He got the ace again. That time, to avoid Kyuhyun's questions, Sungmin picked Dare. Kyuhyun would probably tell him to leave. But he was mistaken. "You have to do whatever I ask until tomorrow morning."

Sungmin stood immediately. "No way! I am going!" When he was about to go, Kyuhyun pulled him and he fell on his lap. "Ouch! Let me go, I want to go-"

"You picked Dare and you needed to do it," Kyuhyun dared. Sungmin tried to break away from Kyuhyun, but he wasn't able to. Kyuhyun fell towards him and Sungmin's back collided with the floor.

"K-Kyuhyun! You're heavy!" Sungmin yelled as he tried to push Kyuhyun. Sungmin could not move his arms because Kyuhyun's weight was on them. Kyuhyun moved his arms and placed it around Sungmin.

"I am telling you. There will be consequences in every avoidance that you do," Kyuhyun said and embraced him tightly. "It doesn't really matter to me if you bring Ryeowook or Donghae here. The fact that you were the first person I invited here and the first person who slept here would never change."

Silence covered the whole place until Sungmin spoke. "Fine," he said. "Just... let go of me. This feels awkward."

"I told you," Kyuhyun smiled as he closed his eyes. "I love it when you feel awkward."

○●○

"Good morning, Sungmin, good morning, Kyuhyun, good morning Mr. Han!" Donghae greets. He is with Ryeowook who shyly bows at everyone, including Kyuhyun. "Wow, the ice cream parlor indeed looks fine."

"Today is the first day of work, right, Ryeowook?" Manager Han asks. "I would count on you from today on. Okay?"

Ryeowook smiles. "Yes, Manager Han."

Manager Han tells them that he would now go to his office.

"I am so happy you're going to work with us today, Ryeowook!" Sungmin holds his best friend's arms and squeezes them.

"It is not nice to stay here without working and without even ordering ice cream, so yeah," Ryeowook says. "And I guess this is alright."

"Have you... told your parents about this?" Sungmin hesitates to ask, but he still asks. He looks away.

Ryeowook chuckles. "Wait, don't get too worried. My parents knew about this. At first, they were not really okay with it, but I assured them that this will be for work experience and it will never interfere with my studies."

Sungmin smiles and looks back at Ryeowook. "Good to know."

"I miss this place so much," Donghae says and puts an arm around Sungmin and Ryeowook. "I feel like working now."

"Well, you need to dress up because we need to open the ice cream parlor," Kyuhyun interrupts. Sungmin glares at him. But Kyuhyun seriously looks back at Sungmin who gets startled. The latter's heart skip a beat as he remembers another something from last night.

○●○

Sungmin woke up at six in the morning. He didn't set the alarm, but it was like his mind was set that he would work at the ice cream parlor again.

He felt his back aching, but he knew that he was not lying on the floor anymore, and Kyuhyun wasn't anywhere near him. He felt the warm and soft bed where he was lying down.

He sat and looked around to see if Kyuhyun was there. He successfully saw Kyuhyun preparing the breakfast. Sungmin swallowed as he saw Kyuhyun in white t-shirt, because certainly, he knew he was not wearing white t-shirt last night.

He stood up carefully, not wanting Kyuhyun to know that he's already awake.

But he was unsuccessful of that.

"Breakfast is ready."

Sungmin scratched his eyes. "I-I'm not having my breakfast here. And I'm-

"Dare," Kyuhyun faced him. He was holding a frying pan and a spatula, and is wearing an apron. Kyuhyun then walked towards the table and put the fried rice on the plate. "I told you, you have to do everything that I ask until later."

"This is so unfair!" Sungmin yelled, but he obeyed Kyuhyun and sat on the table. "I am doing this because you owe me."

"Excuse me," Kyuhyun turned around and placed the frying pan and spatula in the sink. "I lifted you again."

"Excuse you, I didn't ask you to lift me because I can sleep on the floor," Sungmin countered. "Anyway, after breakfast, I shall go."

Kyuhyun grinned. "No."

"Where do you expect me to take a bath and prepare for work!?" Sungmin complained. He got the spoon and fork beside his plate which was already placed on the table.

"You can go home after washing the dishes. You know, I am still a little sick but I need to work so-"

"The hell! You're making me your slave! My parents never let me wash the dishes!" Sungmin complained again. "I am actually planning to believe that you're back to your devil side. What's with you?"

Kyuhyun snorted. "I didn't even change." He sat on the table to join Sungmin. He took his spoon and fork and begins to eat as well. "I am not making you my slave. If I am, then I should have extended my power."

"And as if I am going to obey you then!"

"Then why are you still here, eating?" Kyuhyun asked. Sungmin was not able to answer. "I want to believe that you don't want to leave me or anything because you're afraid that I might get sick again or something-"

"You are freaking delusional," Sungmin rolled his eyes and took a bite of Kyuhyun's fried rice. "I am stil here because as I said, you owed me and I was hungry."

"Okay, I owe you, fine. Thanks for being with me for the whole night. But cooking breakfast for you is not my payment for that," Kyuhyun clarified. He continued eating and after few bites, he spoke again, but he was not looking at Sungmin. "I'll give you my payment later."

As told by Kyuhyun, Sungmin washed the dishes while Kyuhyun sat on the couch to read a book. Sungmin glared at him and said, "I guess you're not sick anymore. I think you're using this excuse to abuse my kindness."

Kyuhyun didn't mind Sungmin who became agitated. He continued to read the book.

"He's really irritating," Sungmin muttered as he placed the plates in the cabinet. He was finally finished, so he approached Kyuhyun who was still reading the book and was not looking at him. "Hey, can I go now?"

"Our deal is still on going," he said without looking at him. "But yeah, you already can."

"Oh my gosh, at last," he exclaimed and he almost jumped out of happiness. "Goodbye then-"

When he turned around, Kyuhyun grabbed his arm and made him look at the former. "I told you that I would give you my payment. To be honest, you owed me one as well, so let us just make it as one."

"Wait, what was that? And when?" Sungmin asked. Kyuhyun stepped towards Sungmin. Sungmin froze when Kyuhyun was just inches away from him.

"The plant that I gave you. I told you that I would have my payment later, right? Now, I am going to claim it," Kyuhyun whispered and moved his face towards Sungmin and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you, Lee Sungmin. And yes..." he paused and continued whispering in his ear. "Don't forget, my turn isn't over yet until later."

♡♥♡

《Why can't I update this more often? T-T》