Chapter 1

He's the One

PART 1

♡♥♡

Chapter 1 - Heck with Meetings, He's my Enemy!

♡♥♡

"Hand me the magazine please!"

Kyuhyun stares at the guy who suddenly pops-up in front of him. He is familiar - he is being described as "The Troublemaker" or "Seoul's Black Prince". Reason? He is frequently being taken to the police headquarters because he puts the law in his hands. Not that he is a troublemaker for no reason - he just hates bad guys and criminals who think that they are superior and those who violate the peace of the city. He always ends up picking a fight with them. And he always wins against them. But he ends up being taken with the criminals for interrogation - people who don't really know the whole story end up thinking that he is one of the criminals or is just a plain troublemaker.

Some considerate and open-minded people think that he is not a black sheep. But most think that he is not jailed because he is a minor. Teenagers around his age actually idolize him. But the adults - well, they really don't care about certain things.

"Hand you what?" Kyuhyun asks. He must admit that he is startled. It didn't cross his mind that he would meet that person that he just watched from afar.

"The magazine. The one you are holding," he answers, pointing at the magazine in Kyuhyun's right hand. "Hand it to me please?"

"Why are you asking me to give you this magazine?" Kyuhyun asks again. "If you want one then you should buy one."

Not that he is really interested with the magazine. The editor who is working for the magazine gave it to him as a sign of gratitude. He was interviewed because a lot of high school students requested him to appear in a teen magazine featuring heartthrobs from different schools and universities. He initially turned down the offer but knowing that he would get paid, he accepted it. All opportunities for him to earn money are welcome to him. He needed it. Or more appropriately, he needs it.

"I wanted to, but I realized that I didn't have money to buy it. And I wasn't able to find it in stores and magazine stands because it is sold out," the guy reasoned out.

"You are definitely full of excuses, Lee Sungmin."

Oops, he thought. He said his name, leaving the guy named Sungmin curious. "So you know me. Definitely not just another citizen."

Kyuhyun smirks and speaks, "Who would not know a person who is known as the city's black sheep?"

"Well, some people think like that," Sungmin laughs. "Anyway, you don't seem to beinterested with that magazine that you are holding. You see, I want to give my best friend that magazine as a birthday gift because he likes it. So would you mind handling it to me now?"

"As I said," he pauses as he sees Sungmin acting cute in front of him. Definitely one of his other side that makes other people like him. And here goes his puppy eyes. Not the ordinary eyes that he usually sees when Sungmin fights. Kyuhyun blinks as he continues, "if you want it then buy it. I don't care where. Don't rely on me because I won't give this to you even if you act cute in front of me - it doesn't work."

Kyuhyun turns around as he walks towards the opposite direction. But Sungmin yells at him, calling his attention. "Yah, you jerk! I even sacrificed my manly appearance just for you to give it to me! Can't you understand that if it wasn't for my best friend who liked it so much, I wouldn't even talk to you! You're a cold-hearted moron!"

"So shall I thank your best friend for this wonderful opportunity?" Kyuhyun turns back to Sungmin. "Listen. You're not going to get this because I don't think that you are deserving to get this. I dislike people who are like you who think that they can have things without even trying to work for it. You're worthless."

He didn't mean to say those words to him. And he is regretting because as he expected, Sungmin gets angry. "You don't even know me! You don't have the right to judge me just because of this," Sungmin mutters.

Kyuhyun doesn't want to, but just because he already started it, he would continue it. It's better than before. "Oh yeah? You're the talk of the town. And everyone here in this city knows that you are a good-for-nothing kid." Strike two.

"Fine then," Sungmin speaks. "I won't care at anything that you will say. If you don't want to give it to me then fine, I'll just get it from you by force!"

To Kyuhyun's surprise, Sungmin runs towards him and tries to get the magazine from Kyuhyun. On impulse, Kyuhyun is able to stretch his arms upwards to keep the magazine away from Sungmin. Good thing, he's taller by almost three inches.

"Don't make me kick you in the face right now you jerk!" He warns.

"Go ahead, prove me right," Kyuhyun dares. Sungmin isn't able to notice the rock in front of him so he trips over Kyuhyun, resulting in both of them falling on the ground. And knowing that Sungmin is over him, Kyuhyun cannot stop his heart from beating faster - the same way when he helped him ten years ago. And everything comes back in just a flash.

○●○

He was running away from the house where he left his younger brother Jino. The latter's foster parents didn't want him to get Jino back - they said he was incapable because he was just ten years old that time. His foster parents warned him that they would call the police and would tell them that he was a trespasser. And then they warned him that he would have them arrested if he wouldn't leave. Kyuhyun pleaded, "Please, I'm begging you! I'm just here to talk to Jino and tell him that I'm going to come back for him."

"No! Jino won't want to talk to you because you left him! He doesn't want you to comeback," the middle-aged woman told him. "If you insist, then we would have you arrested!"

"I just want to know if Jino is in good condition here, please ma'am, sir!" He pleaded again; tears were forming in his eyes.

The sound of the police car was then heard. He panicked. Being a child, he still didn't know what to do. The police officer went towards the certain Mr. Lee who told him to arrest him.

When the police officer came to him and another officer was ready to take him, he saw someone around his age who went down from the second floor. "What's happening, Mom?" Then he looked at Kyuhyun who was looking at him. "Dad?"

"There's nothing to concern yourself, Son. He's just a tresspasser who wanted to steal from us," Mr. Lee told him.

"It isn't true! I just want to see my brother-"

"Take him away!" Mrs. Lee ordered, leaving the kid confused. He looked at Kyuhyun and murmured the word 'brother'.

Then Kyuhyun was dragged away. While he was being taken to the police car, he heard the kid asking, "What brother? Was he referring to-"

He wasn't able to hear the name that the kid mentioned. But he was sure that he was referring to Jino. At least, he knew that Jino was there. It was a relief. But if he would be arrested, it would be possible that the police would hand him over to the orphanage where he and Jino used to live.

Their parents died when Kyuhyun was ten years old and his brother was seven years old. After the cremation, their parents' properties were taken away because they failed to pay their debts. They were left with nothing so they had no choice but to leave the house where they grew up.

Kyuhyun didn't know what to do. In the end, he and Jino went to the police station to seek help. The police turned them over to the orphanage.

Everything was alright for them. They were fed, sheltered and dressed. It was better than sleeping on the streets. The orphanage also had a learning day every Saturday, so even if they were not going to school anymore, they would keep on learning. However, the orphanage found foster parents for his brother. When Kyuhyun asked them if he would also be adopted, he was declined because the foster parents wanted only one child. Kyuhyun didn't want him and Jino to be separated, so he told Jino that they would escape the night before Jino would be taken by his new family.

They escaped from the orphanage when everyone was already sleeping. Kyuhyun and Jino slept on the streets for one night. Jino got sick because he was not used to cold. Kyuhyun got scared that Jino would get worse if he didn't do anything, especially back then when he had no money.

He stayed up the whole night. Jino did not get any better. Then their situation became worse when he heard that people from the orphanage were searching for them. He could not go back to the orphanage again. But he also woudn't want to risk Jino's health.

They were found, so he told Jino to run as fast as he could, but Jino was getting weaker. So they stopped in front of a certain Lee's house. Kyuhyun told Jino that he would leave him first to that house because Jino was not able to run anymore. He rang the doorbell of the house and told Jino that he would come back for him if he's already okay. Jino cried and asked Kyuhyun not to leave him. Seeing that the people running after them weregetting nearer, Kyuhyun rang the doorbell again. Someone opened the gate. Kyuhyun begged the woman who opened the gate to let Jino in because he was sick with fever.

Kyuhyun told her that he would be back then he ran away. He ignored Jino's loud cry calling his name.

The people from the orphanage caught him and took him back to the orphanage. He was punished for escaping. He had wounds and he barely could walk. There, he realized that the orphanage was not a home for him. He had to take Jino back and to go far away. So he tried to escape again after healing.

After a few days, he went back and then that happened. He thought that Jino would understand what he did. He thought that what he did was better for them.

What if he would be taken to the orphanage again? What if someone adopted him and he or she would live outside the city, or outside the country? How could he explain his side to Jino? What if he would be punished again?

He found the strength to push the officers as he ran. They were all startled that the police officers forgot to use their car to chase him. And he was able to escape.

He was already tired and hungry. It was almost four in the afternoon. He stopped at the playground where he saw children playing happily. He and Jino could have been that happy when his parents didn't die. He started to cry quietly as he sat on a swing.

A group of boys went to him. They laughed at him."Look, a loser is crying!" The boy with a baseball cap .

Everyone called him loser. He sobbed as he stood to protect himself. The group of boys still mocked him until he cried again.

"Yah! Stop it, you cowards!"

The boys, including Kyuhyun, looked at the person who owned the voice. As Kyuhyun observed, he was as old as him. Yet he could see that the other boys were afraid of the kid.

The group of boys cried, "It's Lawyer Lee! Run!"

The boys ran away. The kid who they called 'Lawyer Lee' approached him as Kyuhyun wiped his tears using his arm.

"Those boys are really bad, they made you cry!"

Kyuhyun just murmured, "Thank you."

The kid gave him a wide grin. "No problem! I really hate those kind of boys. They're cowards. They're good when they are many. But they can't win against me. I can kick their faces one by one, then their teeth will fall off."

Kyuhyun imagined it, so he could not help but to smile. He temporarily forgot all his problems. Lawyer Lee tapped his head and told him it was better because he put a smile on his face. Kyuhyun blushed as he shyly asked for his name.

"Me? I don't usually give my real name, but since I think you're a good person, I'll tell it to you," the kid displayed a grin on his face as he did a peace sign to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun's heart beat faster when the kid continued, "My name is Lee Sungmin, and I'll be the greatest lawyer here in Seoul!"

○●○

"When are you planning to stand up?"

Kyuhyun goes back to the reality when Sungmin starts to speak. He blinks twice before standing up.

○●○

Ever since that day, he promised himself that he would be stronger and he would do anything to get Jino back. Good thing, he was adopted by a good old man who gave him food and shelter. The man also sent him to school. He tried to be the best in all subjects, includingextracurricular studies. When he was in second year high school, he applied for a job at an ice cream parlor. And luckily, the manager hired him as a permanent employee.

However, the man who adopted him died. So he relied on the scholarship that was easily granted to him, and all that he earned from being an employee in the ice cream shop was used as his allowance. But later, the man's real son appeared and took back the house where they lived. So he had no choice but to leave the house and search for his own.

It was his last term of his second year high school when his and Sungmin's path crossed again. Along with Donghae, his best friend, he saw Sungmin fighting bad guys. His eyes were different from before. But he had to admit, he grew handsomer (or prettier, as Kyuhyun proved awhile ago when he used cutesy).

He gave back the purse that was taken from the woman, but he was also scolded by the cops for not letting the cops handle it. So he was also taken for interrogation.

"Wow, he's cool!" Donghae commented as he saw Sungmin. "And he's pretty handsome too!"

Kyuhyun didn't speak as he followed Sungmin with his eyes. He didn't know that Sungmin would walk pass by them. Donghae waved at Sungmin who, in turn, smirked.

Donghae hit Kyuhyun's arm as he shouted, "Woo! So hot. I think I have a crush on him."

Kyuhyun dropped his jaw. Donghae, a well-known playboy, had a crush on a boy? And it's Sungmin too. "Are you serious? Donghae, you're crazy," Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

"Yes," Donghae answered and nodded. "Come on let's get his number."

Kyuhyun hissed. Was he jealous? Yes, he could say that he was. And it could've been his chance to get closer with Sungmin.

No, Kyuhyun. Remember, you have to take Jino back. You can't let yourself be distracted. Focus! Kyuhyun thought and he said to Donghae, "No. We won't."

"Aish, you're a killjoy, Cho," Donghae snapped his fingers as he saw Sungmin going with the cops. Obviously he didn't like the idea, but he went with them anyway. "We can at least know his name!"

Kyuhyun sighed as he whispered, "Lee Sungmin."

Donghae failed to hear it so he asked, "What?"

"Sungmin is his name. Lee Sungmin."

○●○

Sungmin's eyebrows meet as he hears his name from the Inhwan University guy.

He realized awhile ago, when he fell over him, that he was from Inhwan University. No wonder his school uniform was familiar. And no wonder, he's boastful and arrogant.

That university is an all-boys school which is known for its students who are either flowerboys and rich kids. So people never dared pick a fight with any of its students, or they would be mobbed with fans or bodyguards.

But he is different. He hates guys like this jerk in front of him. He is an eyesore. And to add fuel to the fire, he insulted him. He won't say yes to that. "I don't care if you're from Inhwan University. You don't have the right to insult people. Jerk!" He shouts as he takes the magazine away from Kyuhyun. "I get what I want, including this magazine. Don't forget my name. I'm Lee Sungmin and you're my number one enemy!"

Sungmin walks away proud, as always.

Kyuhyun follows him with his look as Sungmin finally disappears from his sight. Of course, he won't forget Sungmin. He was the one who made him smile when he was lost. And for the second time, he makes Kyuhyun smile again.

"This is better than nothing," He puts his hands in his pockets as he turns around and walks away.

He won't forget Lee Sungmin because he's the first person Kyuhyun fell in love with.

♡♥♡