Chapter 38

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 38 - Let's Go to the Beach!

♡♥♡

There is only three weeks left and summer vacation is finally over. To be honest, Sungmin feels that this summer vacation is the most boring summer vacation ever. He had no chance to shop. He had no chance to go somewhere... like the beach. Yes, the beach - the place where he can actually complete his summer vacation. Just a trip in the beach will really make him happy.

But he does not have money to go to the beach. The public beach is fun but it is surely crowded.

Until he finally gives up.

He sighs. He will just wait for the last week to resume to work. The thought makes him gloomy all of a sudden.

"Man, this really ," he sighs once again as he looks on the ground. "No crime, no money. What to do with my life?"

He is currently strolling in the plaza to search for something to do - of course, for free, because he doesn't have money. He ends up realizing that he can't do anything without money.

"Sungmin!"

There is a familiar voice that calls him. He is sure by then that it is Donghae. And he is right. The guy runs towards him. Sungmin smiles at him. "Donghae!"

"Hi! I just arrived from Mokpo," Donghae tells him. Sungmin nods as he sees the travelling bags that Donghae is holding. Donghae notices that Sungmin is looking at his baggage, so he looks at it as well. "Yeah, judging from this, I am not going to go home again for this vacation."

"At least, you have something to do there," Sungmin says. "When did you travel to Mokpo? It's been only two days."

"Well, when Manager Han told us that we were not needed anymore, I took the last bus to Mokpo that morning. But my parents insisted that I should take Manager Han's advice. They even gave me my monthly allowance for the next school term so I need not work anymore. They said that they could handle the expansion of the restaurant so I don't need to work to help."

"Wow, what a good parent," Sungmin comments. "While my father wants me to get my own allowance."

Donghae chuckles. "I guess, your father just wants you to stand on your own feet."

"You are maybe right, but hello, I can't just work on summer vacation. I need vacation! I passed my second to the last term," Sungmin complains. "Anyway, are you going home? I am going with you. I can help you with that."

Donghae shakes his head. "I can do it, don't worry!"

"I don't have anything to do, and I am so bored, so let me help you please?" Sungmin insists. Donghae has no choice but to accept it.

"Alright," Donghae smiles and gives the other bag to him. After that, they walk together. "Oh, before I forget. Do you have plans this weekend?"

Sungmin glances at Donghae. "Why?"

"I-I actually want to invite you to the beach. I have four tickets that I won on the way back here... and I don't know where to use them so maybe-"

Donghae immediately looks at Sungmin who drops the bag on the ground. "Oh my gosh, Lee Donghae. Can you repeat that please?"

Donghae hesitantly repeats what he said, "I want to invite you to the beach because I-"

"You're my savior!" Sungmin exclaims and hugs Donghae tightly. "Gosh, I've been wanting to go to the beach this summer vacation but I don't have money and now you're inviting me to go! This is so great!"

Donghae feels that his heart is beating faster than usual. He can't contain his feelings. He wants to jump around and shout because of shock, at the same time because Sungmin is hugging him so tightly. It feels like he wins the jackpot when he successfully hugs Sungmin back. But it just lasts for about less than a minute. "Glad you like that. So... you're joining?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course! Is that all expenses paid?" Sungmin asks.

Donghae smiles and nods. "Yes. All expenses paid. Transportation, entrance, food."

Sungmin throws his hand in the air. "Great, so I'm in! Let us invite Ryeowook and Kyuhyun too-"

"I'll pass," says someone. The two of them look at Kyuhyun who is already near them. "I don't want to go to that useless trip."

Sungmin frowns. "You're definitely kidding us, Cho Kyuhyun," he says as he faces Kyuhyun who is staring at him with no expression at all. "You're missing the beach? It is mandatory in every summer vacation and-"

Kyuhyun does not listen. Instead, he walks in between them, slightly bumping Sungmin's shoulder.

"What is wrong with him?" Sungmin asks Donghae who just shrugs as looks at Sungmin then at Kyuhyun. "Oh well, let's just go to your apartment and tell Ryeowook about this!"

○●○

"I'm game!" Ryeowook excitedly counts himself in. "I was planning to invite you to the beach as well. My parents gave me two tickets because they won a raffle too. They told me that they were letting me unwind because I would graduate next term. I actually didn't want to go, but I thought that you would like it so I accepted it."

"Are those tickets for the same beach resort?" Donghae asks.

"Yes," Ryeowook nods in reply.

"So... are they expecting us... you know," Sungmin hesitates to continue what he wants to say. Ryeowook knows what he's going to say anyway.

"Hmm... They told me that they would not want you to be invited," Ryeowook honestly tells Sungmin. "They told me to invite anyone but you. Don't worry, I would not do that!"

Sungmin smiles meekly. Donghae just looks simultaneously at the two. "You're not okay with Ryeowook's parents?"

"Well, who would want me to be friends with their sons, if they know my background?" Sungmin says to Donghae who suddenly becomes sad about that. Sungmin speaks again, "Alright then, who can we invite with your tickets?"

Ryeowook stares at the ceiling as he thinks. "We can invite Sulli and Sungjin."

Sungmin displays a strong objection with his face. "No! I don't want those kids to join us!"

"I guess it's alright," Ryeowook says. "They won't be a bother to you, right? Besides, they can take care of themselves and enjoy the beach without you being a chaperone so let us just invite them."

Sungmin sighs. "Fine."

"Is Kyuhyun coming?" Ryeowook suddenly asks.

"Kyuhyun does not like to go. He told us that it was useless," Sungmin replies. "Don't worry. I know that you'll love it if he joins, so I'll make a way for him to join."

"Really?" Ryeowook's eyes twinkle again. "Do you think he'll go?"

"Why, are you planning to confess to him?" Donghae teases. Ryeowook blushes. "You're blushing! So are you going to confess?"

"No! I can't! I can't confess," Ryeowook feels that his heart is going to come out from his chest because he suddeny feels nervous. "He might reject me anyway! And I really can't! I'm so shy to talk to him more so when I confess!"

"I think you should confess his feelings! You know, I think Kyuhyun is just waiting for you to do something," Donghae says. "As far as I know him, he's like that. If he sees your effort, then he might consider it."

Ryeowook looks at Sungmin to ask for his advice, but Sungmin is just smiling.

If Ryeowook confesses and Kyuhyun accepts it, what would happen to my feelings for him? He asks himself. If Kyuhyun rejects him, what would I feel? I don't want to make things complicated for Ryeowook. He's been feeling this for Kyuhyun longer than mine. And... I promised to help him in any way that I could, because he is my best friend.

"Sungmin?"

"I think you should confess!" Sungmin beams. "I mean... this is a good time, don't you think? Before graduation so that if he accepts your confession, you would have more time to know each other!"

Ryeowook sighs. "Okay. I will prepare now for my confession. If my confession is accepted, it'd be great. If I get rejected, it'd also be okay. I'll not give up on him until he finally likes me."

"Goodluck then. Donghae, please try to convince him. I'll be doing my part too," Sungmin says to Donghae. My crush will eventually fade. It will and it must.

○●○

"What!?"

Sungmin nearly pulls his phone away from his ear when he hears Kyuhyun yelling from the other end of the line. "Yah! Calm down! I thought you're angry."

"Why did you call!?" There is no improvement from the other line. Kyuhyun's voice is still loud. It seems that he is disturbed from sleep. But it is just nine in the evening.

"I... I just want to invite you to the beach again! One ticket is still free!" Sungmin informs him. "Come on, don't be such a kill joy!"

"I told you I am not going," Kyuhyun insists. "Now, can you hang up?"

"Why are you even mad? It is just nine in the evening and I bet that you're not asleep yet."

"I am not mad," Kyuhyun denies. "I just don't want to talk to you!"

"You're acting like a child! Grow up please!" Sungmin speaks with the same level of voice of Kyuhyun. "I don't even know why you're acting all grumpy right now unless you're in a middle of a date!"

"Yes, I am in a middle of a date with a pretty woman right now so stop distrubing me. Hang up and don't call me!" Kyuhyun yells again and finally hangs up. Sungmin gasps as he pulls the phone and sees if Kyuhyun really hanged up. It looks like he really did.

"What the hell!? Why is he even-"

He remembers that Kyuhyun told him that he was on a date with a pretty woman. Sungmin feels a little awkward about it. There is another unexplainable feeling inside him that he cannot put himself to identify. Hate? Fear? Jealousy?

Erase them all. It can't be any of them.

He can't stop thinking about what Kyuhyun told him. He was on a date. So what? Is it because Sungmin knows Ryeowook is going to confess to Kyuhyun that is why he is feeling that something is wrong about Kyuhyun dating someone? It can't be because he has a crush on Kyuhyun. Or maybe it can be.

He gets out from his bed and starts to pace back and forth. For no reason, he suddenly looks at the marigold and talks to it. "Your owner has to stop being someone important!"

He feels insane for talking to the plant, but he has to admit that it makes him relieved even for a minute.

"Aish, I'm going to see him!" He says to himself and walks out from the room.

○●○

"So, is your date finished already?"

Kyuhyun is surprised to see Sungmin in front of his house. He indeed went out to meet Ms. Jang, the writer of the magazine where he and Sungmin are featured. Apparently, the magazine has already been finished a week after so he is given an unpublished copy. The magazine will be published in a week or two.

He recalls the thing that made him unhappy. The hug with Donghae. Yes, that made him frown again at the sight of Sungmin. He tries to ignore him, but it is a bit rude, so he just tells him to go home.

Sungmin does not like the idea though.

"You jerk! I came all the way here then you are asking me to leave? How dare you!?" Sungmin rants.

"I didn't ask you to come," Kyuhyun says in a soft voice.

"Ugh! You're pissing me off again!"

"Go home now. It's already late," Kyuhyun speaks again. "If you went here just to convince me to go with you to the beach then no. I know that you have a plan. And if I go to the beach with you, I'm sure that you'll not like it."

Sungmin crosses his arms when Kyuhyun tries to go inside his house. "Don't go!"

Kyuhyun stops and turns to Sungmin. "You're not going to plead, are you?"

"The hell! Why would I do that?" Sungmin asks. "But yes. I am asking you now to go with us to the beach or else I will forfeit! I will not give any authorization to someone to go with you to the Philippines unless it is Ryeowook!"

Kyuhyun's eyebrows meet. "What?"

"If I don't give authorization to anyone to use the ticket, then you could not go," Sungmin explains. "Both tickets must be used at the same time. I'll give you the right to authorize someone else if you join us to our beach trip."

"Are you blackmailing me?" Kyuhyun asks. "I'm sorry, but it won't work."

"Pardon?" Sungmin asks. "I am not blackmailing you! I am just saying some consequences if you would not go with us."

Kyuhyun smirks and goes nearer to Sungmin. "Do you think I can't buy a plane ticket with my own money? I've been working for almost four years already. I can buy my own plane ticket without using your authorization."

Sungmin can't speak. Well, Kyuhyun has a point, and he can't actually deny that. He looks away, trying to think something to counter Kyuhyun. "U-Ugh... Fine. Forget it! If you don't want to go, then alright! Let us backout and buy your own ticket to the Philippines-"

Kyuhyun laughed. Sungmin immediately looked at him, furrowing his eyebrows. "Who says I'm not going to accept your proposition?"

Sungmin's face beams in happiness. "Are you serious? You're going?"

Kyuhyun nods. "On two conditions."

"What?" Sungmin asks. "What conditions?"

"First condition. As promised, you will give the authorization to me," Kyuhyun says.

"A promise is a promise. The second one?"

"I want you to go with me to the Philippines," Kyuhyun displays his rotten smile to Sungmin.

"What!?"

♡♥♡

《Yey. Win-win situation for Kyuhyun! But will Sungmin agree to it? I will update three times this week! And yeah, please watch my gift for you shippers~ 7th anniversary video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pnyz_mbmKg You can't view it on mobile though.》