Chapter 37

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 37 - Bonding

♡♥♡

"What to do today?"

It has been Sungmin's question for the past six hours. He has been awake since seven in the morning, which is really weird to him because he is a late-riser. Perhaps, his work at the ice cream parlor, and of course, his school, makes him an early-riser.

He went to the ice cream parlor at nine o'clock, but Manager Han told him and Donghae that they could enjoy the remaining days of their vacation because the guys who he hired to do the overall construction of the furniture and other fixtures were already enough to renovate the ice cream parlor for a month and a half. The renovated ice cream parlor would be finished probably a week before their classes start. Manager Han told them to go back to work after the renovation as regular employees again.

Sungmin wasn't against it because he didn't really need money for the flower that he needed. Donghae was not okay at first, but he just agreed as he realized that it would be a good opportunity to help his parents in their business and to spend more time with Sungmin and his friends.

"I can't believe this," he murmurs as he stares at the marigold. He sees the sprout growing and it is now about four to five inches in length. It still does not have a flower though. "There is still no flower. When are you going to bloom?"

He then hears a doorbell. His heart beats fast as he anticipates.

", why am I even anticipating!?" He asks himself as he exits his room. He goes downstairs to see who the visitor is, but he hides near the stairs. He lets Sungjin open it.

And to his freaking disappointment, it is not Kyuhyun. It is Sulli.

Sungmin sighs and smiles sweetly as he finally shows himself to the two of them. "Oh, hey, Lili."

"Sungmin oppa," Sulli smiles and bows at Sungmin. "I just want to borrow Sungjin for a while. I want to invite him to go to the movie house because a detective movie looks nice."

Sungmin gives a playful smirk at Sungjin who blushes. "Just take care of my brother," Sungmin smiles at Sulli, then he looks back at Sungjin. "Hey, don't forget to buy me some food for dinner, okay?"

"Mom's not going home tonight?" Sungjin asks. "Ugh, hyung. Give me money then."

Sungmin glares at Sungjin. "Mom and Dad will. But it is required that once you go out, you have to buy your hyung something, right, Lili?"

Sulli giggles. "We'll try to buy something for you, oppa."

"Well then," Sungmin taps Sungjin's shoulder. "Enjoy your date!"

Both of them awkwardly smile at Sungmin before going out. After the couple leave, Sungmin sits on the the sofa. It feels really boring. If only he has money to go out, then he would. But he is totally broke. He wants to buy new shoes again.

After a while, there is another sound of the doorbell that is heard. Thinking that Sungjin left his keys again, he opens the gate for him. But it isn't Sungjin.

"Yo," Kyuhyun smiles as he greets Sungmin.

"Why are you here!?" Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun blinks his eyes twice. "I thought you're not coming."

"Are you anticipating?" Kyuhyun teases, leaving Sungmin's jaw drop. "I am just joking. I told you I will come. Can I enter now?"

Sungmin snorts as he gestures to let Kyuhyun in. Kyuhyun enters the house and Sungmin follows him. "Sungjin just went out with Sulli for a date and Mom and Dad might go home just a little later before dinner so yes, I am alone."

Kyuhyun nods simultaneously as he looks around the house. "Better."

Sungmin's eyebrows meet. "What?"

Kyuhyun faces him and smiles again. "Better."

Sungmin blushes as he looks away. "It is not better. If only I can send you out right now," he says.

"Then do it. I bet you can't," Kyuhyun bets. Sungmin frowns and that makes Kyuhyun laugh. "I am joking."

"Why are you here!?" Sungmin irritably asks.

"I told you yesterday. We're going to take care of my heart," Kyuhyun answers and sits on the sofa. "I miss this sofa!"

"Don't act like this is your house!" Sungmin scolds Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun does not mind him though. Instead, he lies on the sofa. "Ya! Mom will be angry!"

"Will she?" Kyuhyun immediately gets up and sits properly.

"No, I really don't mind."

They both look at the owner of the voice. It is Sungmin's mom. Kyuhyun stands and bows simultaneously as a greeting and an apology to Sungmin's mother. "I'm sorry for lying on your couch, Mrs. Lee. It'll not happen again."

"I told you, Kyuhyun, I don't mind," Mrs. Lee smiles at Kyuhyun and stops him from apologizing. "I like that you are feeling comfortable now in our house. Do you want to live with us?"

Sungmin's eyes widen as he looks at his mother who is really smiling sweetly at Kyuhyun. "Mom!"

Sungmin's mother laughs. "Why?"  

"You scold us whenever we lie on the sofa, but you're okay if Kyuhyun is doing it? You're unfair," Sungmin crosses his arms and pouts. "Jin and I receive scoldings whenever we lie on the sofa! But you're okay with it if it is Kyuhyun? And you're inviting him to live here too."

The police woman laughs louder as Kyuhyun taps Sungmin's shoulder. "Seriously, Sungmin."

"Well, Kyuhyun is a good man," his mother says. "And he's the first friend that you introduce to us. Of course he's special."

"Ugh! That word again!" Sungmin snorts. "I'll take Ryeowook, my best friend, and Donghae, Kyuhyun's best friend here too. Happy? Just don't bother Kyuhyun and tell him that he is special."

Kyuhyun chuckles softly as he stares at irritated Sungmin. He prefers not to say anything because Sungmin would really get mad at him. But he is flattered, of course, for that fact.

"Don't get me wrong, Sungmin," his mother says after a while as she stops herself from laughing. "I am just happy that you brought someone from Inhwan."

Sungmin just shrugs his shoulders. "Your duty is finished, right? Is dad coming home today? Are we going to have dinner all together?"

"Actually, he asked me to go to the law office because he wanted me to take his dinner to him. As usual, he's spending overtime in the office. And that's why I am here! Thanks for reminding me," His mother recalls and goes to the kitchen to prepare his father's dinner. After a while, she shouts from the kitchen, "Don't forget to invite Kyuhyun to dinner here!"

"No, mom! I am sure he's not going to-"

"I would love to, Mrs. Lee," Kyuhyun suddenly says as he winks at Sungmin. Sungmin hisses once again as he glares at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun does not mind him. Instead, he goes to the kitchen as well. "Are you going to cook the dinner?"

"Why yes," Mrs. Lee replies. She is currently preparing the ingredients for their dinner. "How does tenderloin steak sound like?"

Kyuhyun's eyes glitters. "It will be the best, Mrs. Lee."

"Oh come on, Kyuhyun. Don't flatter my mom too much," Sungmin goes to the kitchen as well. "She's a terrible cook. I can cook better than her."

"Insolent Sungmin," Kyuhyun murmurs and Sungmin hears it. He receives another glare from the latter, so he just focuses on his mother. "Do you want me to help you, Mrs. Lee?"

"Hey! I thought we're taking care of the marigold? Why are you suddenly cooking with mom?" Sungmin asks.

"If I were you, I would help my mom in cooking. Kyuhyun is so sweet," His mother compliments Kyuhyun who obviously likes it. She is really fond of Kyuhyun for any reason. The most extreme reasons are because Kyuhyun is from Inhwan and Kyuhyun is the first person who visits him in the house. "And handsome too. Do you already have a girlfriend? Can I volunteer myself to become your girlfriend?"

"Mom!" Sungmin shouts as his face turns red. He is very embarrassed right now. He hopes that Kyuhyun would just go. "Kyuhyun must be-"

"No, I don't have one, but I am sorry, Mrs. Lee. I believe that Sungmin's father would not approve. Besides," Kyuhyun pauses for a while then continues as he turns on the faucet to wash the ingredients. "I already have someone in my heart."

Sungmin feels awkward with that statement, but he does not mind it too much. This is just a crush anyway. It'll fade away, he convinces himself at that moment. Besides, Kyuhyun is for Ryeowook, and Ryeowook is for Kyuhyun.

"You're so sweet, Kyuhyun," Sungmin's mom comments as she gets the washed ingredients from Kyuhyun. "That person is really lucky."

"No, I am sure that the person is not because he is a jerk," Sungmin says.

"Sungmin, don't be bitter," His mom tells him. "It'll come a time that you would act like Kyuhyun too."

Sungmin looks away and crosses his arms. "Not gonna happen."

○●○

Kyuhyun ends up helping Sungmin's mother in cooking, while Sungmin sits in the sofa and watches television. He didn't have anything to watch in particular, but he excused himself from helping his mother so that he could avoid the possible embarrassment.

It is already six in the evening when they finish cooking.

"Don't forget to eat here, Kyuhyun," Sungmin's mother tells Kyuhyun who nods as a reply. "I will be going in a while and I'll eat with my husband so you can go ahead."

"Alright, Mrs. Lee," Kyuhyun replies.

"Don't call me Mrs. Lee please. Call me Auntie," Sungmin's mother commands, to Sungmin's disapproval.

Kyuhyun blushes as he mentions the word. "Take care, A-auntie."

Sungmin's mother smiles and taps Kyuhyun's shoulder. "That's better. Oh well, go with Sungmin now and eat dinner."

Kyuhyun nods. Sungmin's mother brings her husband's dinner and leaves the house. After a few minutes, Kyuhyun sits on the sofa where Sungmin is sitting. "Your mom is so pretty," Sungmin pretends that he doesn't hear him. Kyuhyun continues, "I think you look like her."

Sungmin narrows his eyes as he meets Kyuhyun's. "Yes, I know she's pretty and all, but please, I am a man."

"You're pretty," Kyuhyun whispers almost unnoticably. Sungmin hears it nevertheless and hits his arm playfully. "Yah!"

"You ," Sungmin says as he stands up to prevent Kyuhyun from seeing his red face. "Let's just eat. I am hungry!" Kyuhyun chortles. "What!?"

"You're pretty but you eat too much," Kyuhyun laughs hard and it makes Sungmin annoyed.

" you! Go away and leave me!" Sungmin yells. "Can you just go home now?"

Kyuhyun shakes his head. "Nope. I am not going until I get to eat your mom's and my specialty."

Sungmin, instead of answering Kyuhyun, stomps towards the dining area. Kyuhyun follows him as he gets the plates, spoons, forks, and glasses for two. Kyuhyun helps him set the table.

"Is this a dat-"

"One more word or I'll kill you! Hurry up so that you can have dinner and leave as soon as possible!" Sungmin orders as he gets the dishes in the kitchen.

Kyuhyun sits on one of the chairs. Sungmin, once he puts all the dishes in the table, sits on the chair opposite Kyuhyun's.

They silently eat together. Actually, Kyuhyun is opening a conversation but Sungmin does not want to talk to Kyuhyun so he remains silent while eating, but one thing makes him speak.

"Thanks for helping me. It's been twice already," Kyuhyun speaks. "I've had a lot of things to talk to you about. And I guess I can't thank you enough.

"Twice?" Sungmin asks. It makes him confused. Since when did he help Kyuhun? "Why twice?"

Kyuhyun does not speak, but instead, he continues eating. Sungmin continues to eat as well, but his mind begins to ponder about that statement by Kyuhyun.

○●○

After dinner, he opens the topic again, but Kyuhyun diverts it to something else. He asks Sungmin to take him where the plant is. It is in his room. Of course, he doesn't want to, but Kyuhyun is persistent so Sungmin lets him.

The plant has grown for four to five inches already. There is already a flower bud, but it isn't really becoming petals. And it is really different from how he cared for it before. It is unbelievably glowing.

Kyuhyun once again teaches him how to take care of it, but he is not listening until Kyuhyun asks him if he is alright. Sungmin asks him again about his meaning.

"You have to remember it yourself." That is Kyuhyun's reply.

"I look like I have an amnesia or something," he says to Kyuhyun. "I really can't remember it."

Kyuhyun does not answer. Instead, he stands up and puts his hands inside his pants' pocket. "Oh well, it's already too late."

"You only notice it now?" Sungmin laughs and stands up as well. He realizes that Kyuhyun is staring at the plant. "Don't worry. I told you I would take care of it."

"You better do it or else I'll get it back from you," Kyuhyun warns. "But it's not that what I was thinking about. Have you noticed that it was a bit different?"

Sungmin gets startled. "W-What? Will it not grow anymore-"

Kyuhyun smiles and shakes his head. "It will. You actually did well in taking care of my heart, Sungmin. But..."

Sungmin blushes because of that statement. He is really amazed at how Kyuhyun is able to make him blush with such compliment, if it is really a compliment. "But what?"

"I'm still going here to help you. You know, the way you helped me," Kyuhyun says. "Anyway, please tell Auntie that I really loved the steak. I will look forward to taste her other specialties as well."

"Oh please, you won't be able to," Sungmin laughs. He stops laughing when Kyuhyun pats his head softly. He looks at Kyuhyun who is also looking back at him.

"Take care. See you," Kyuhyun says and smiles. Sungmin seems frozen until Kyuhyun leaves his room.

♡♥♡