Chapter 17

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 17 - For the First Time

♡♥♡

Kyuhyun is surprised to see Sungmin in front of his house - in front of him. He is literally frozen upon opening the door.

"Uh, Kyuhyun? I think I can't just stand here and wait. Hello?" Sungmin tries to get Kyuhyun back to himself. Kyuhyun blinks and invites him to go inside.

It is totally unexpected. Sungmin is even holding his notebooks. Maybe Sungmin wants him to tutor the former. He loves to, but in his house?

Sungmin does not wait for an invitation. He sits on the two-seater sofa across his bed. It is amazing that Kyuhyun does not have many appliances and electronics there. Outside, before they can enter the house, a mini garden is seen. There are four plants that are in the garden. His house only contains a two-seater sofa, a dining table with two chairs, a sink, a stove, a refrigerator, a dish dispenser, a kitchen cabinet with three doors, a bed , two cabinets - one big one and one small one, a door which probably leads to the bathroom. There is no telephone, no microwave oven. Only a small television and a DVD player. Sungmin is surprised because Kyuhyun is living in simplicity, and he is amazed because Kyuhyun can live without any other things.

"Uhm, how do you do your laundry here?" Sungmin's first question makes him feel awkward. "I mean, there is no washing machine here. And you have no neighbors that are near to you." Kyuhyun's house is a bit secluded from the other houses. His house is at the top of the mini stairs connected to the main street. There are houses surrounding Kyuhyun's house but they are almost fifty meters away. Before he could reach his house, he thought that he was actually living in one of the houses that are side by side.

"Your question is weird, but if you really want to know then I'll answer it. I take my clothes to the laundry shop. Sometimes, I wash my own clothes. Believe it or not, that is the only thing I spend on."

Sungmin just mouths the word 'oh.' He continues to tour his eyes around the house. "I can't believe that you are living in such a lonely place, but it's kinda clean."

"I am not lonely here. In fact, I like to be alone because it is quiet here. Unlike when I am with you, everything is just so noisy," Kyuhyun says. But it unbelievably does not annoy Sungmin at all. "Why are you here anyway?"

Sungmin puts the notebooks on the table after standing and walking towards the table. "I would like to know if it's you who wrote the notes in Geometry," Sungmim asks straightforwardly. "Don't try to deny it because I know it."

"What makes you think that I'll deny it? Yes, I was the one. But it doesn't mean that I am helping you. I was just reviewing myself, it was just a coincidence that I had not finished reviewing in Geometry so-"

"You said a lot of things, Kyuhyun," Sungmin laughs. "All I want to ask is if you're the one who wrote the notes."

Kyuhyun just shrugs. "Now that you know... are you going home now?"

"No," Sungmin grins. "I want you to teach me how you did all this. It seems all correct. And if I don't ask you to help me, even if I don't want to, then I will never get it."

"Of course, it is correct, Lee Sungmin," Kyuhyun boasts. "I don't want to help you. I told you to rely on yourself. All you have to do is to study and analyze how things happen."

"But Kyuhyun, sometimes people need others too. And I need you now."

Kyuhyun's heart skips a beat when he hears what Sungmin answers. He needs him. It comes from his own mouth. Even if he knows that he is only talking about getting a 'B' in Geometry, he is still overjoyed. "Fine. Sit here. I'll just get you some food since it's lunch time."

"But I don't-"

"I bet you can't study without food and without eating lunch so it's okay," Kyuhyun cuts in then he looks at Sungmin from head to toe. "And I think you eat more than study."

"You jerk," he hisses and glares at Kyuhyun. "Are you saying I am fat!? Do you think you're not? I am-"

"Take it slow, Sungmin. It is you who said that," Kyuhyun utters. "And even if you are, I think your built looks better on you."

Boom. There goes the unknown feeling again. Sungmin just looks away and opens the book. "So... where's the food?"

○●○

Kyuhyun cooks lunch for the two of them. Before studying, they need to eat first.

", this is delicious. Are you sure you didn't buy this?" Sungmin carresses his tummy after eating.

Kyuhyun narrows his eyes. "You saw me cooking, didn't you? Do you think it is only Donghae who can cook for you? I-I mean, is it only Donghae who can cook deliciously?"

"Why are you even mad?" Sungmin asks. "I told you it's delicious, right?"

"Even so," Kyuhyun murmurs and collects the plates. He goes to the sink and opens the faucet. "You don't see all my effort."

Sungmin thinks that heard it wrongly, but still he smiles. "Hey. I see all your effort, Cho. So I will thank you by washing the dishes."

Kyuhyun's eyebrows meet as he turns to Sungmin. "Are you sure? Can you even wash the dishes?"

"Of course I am sure because I can. What do you think of me, am I that lazy? I wash our dishes back at home!" He boasts. He thinks that his eyes are deceiving him when he sees Kyuhyun smile. But it is easily gone. "Let me wash the dishes as a pay back."

"No need, Sungmin. You are my visitor. You can just wipe and clean the table instead so that we can study," Kyuhyun says and continues to wash the dishes. Sungmin nods and cleans the table.

After getting the dishes and table clean, Sungmin gathers the notebook and sits on one chair. Kyuhyun also sits on the chair across the small rectangular table.

"So, where will we start?" Kyuhyun asks and flips the pages of the notebook and his Geometry book. "Okay then, Sungmin. Answer this problem. You can look at the sample problem written in your notebook as a guide. You have fifteen minutes to do so."

"But Kyuhyun, I thought you're tutoring me?" Sungmin asks. He is obviously not willing to do it. "I need concepts and the theories. I have to memorize the definition."

"We will do it later. And yes, I am tutoring you. That is why I am asking you to answer it," Kyuhyun tells him. "Okay. Answer it in three, two, one."

Sungmin has no choice but to obey. He is absorbed in finding the solutions and the sample problems from the notebook. Kyuhyun is just staring at him.

To be honest, it is just an excuse to observe Sungmin more. His face really amuses Kyuhyun. The more he finds the problem difficult to answer, the more he pouts. He finds it cute.

"Aish, Kyuhyun, can you just teach me... oh my gosh! I found it," he exclaims happily as he finds the right solution. "All I have to do is to put the variables on one equation then that is it!"

Kyuhyun nods and smiles. That continues for three hours until Sungmin can finally solve the problems without looking at his notebook for a guide. "You're learning, Lee Sungmin. I know if you continue it, you would find your test easy."

Kyuhyun checks all the problems, and they are all correct. Sungmin claps because he is amazed at what he did. "Now the theorems and definitions?"

"Remember, Sungmin. If you forget the theorems, then you have to look at the solutions. If you find all the variables that is related to a theorem, you are doing it right. Don't be too technical. Sometimes, what you need is just there. You don't need to look somewhere else," Kyuhyun says.

That makes Sungmin look at Kyuhyun who is writing something on his notebook. What Kyuhyun said was something else. Maybe it was related to their lessons, but it was also somehow related to him. Or even Kyuhyun. He just shrugs it off and continues to read the book. Kyuhyun is unbelievably good in tutoring - much better than his teacher in Geometry. Maybe he is not paying attention to his teachers that is why he is bored. But it is quite enjoyable. Kyuhyun makes it enjoyable.

"Now, I want you to understand this," Kyuhyun commands and gives the notebook to Sungmin. "Understand the theorems. Do not memorize it. You'll have your memory blocked. Just relax okay? I am going somewhere."

When he receives the notebook from Kyuhyun who just stands, he looks at the latter. "You're leaving me here?"

"I'll get you something. I didn't know you'll come so I was not able to buy anything to feed you. You should have called me or texted me earlier," Kyuhyun explains and walks towards the door. "So stay here and when I come back I will get back to you."

"I actually didn't plan this," Sungmin tells Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun stops. "I honestly didn't think of texting you or calling you. It's like, I just reacted naturally and finds my way here. It's weird to say this but, thank you. I thanked you before, but I don't think I meant it when I said it. But now, I do."

Good thing, Kyuhyun is not facing Sungmin because he is blushing so much. Those words are just really nice to hear. He wants to hug him but he has to control himself.

"Kyuhyun, can you just stay and help me with this? I mean I can't do it without you. And besides, I need company. Even if we argue a lot, I realize that sometimes, you are fun to be with," Sungmin smiles. "We can go together later. I promised to buy you a phone case as a thank-you gift, didn't I?"

Kyuhyun sighs and calms his heart before looking back at Sungmin. As Cho Kyuhyun, his face remains blank, but deep inside, he is happy to be with Sungmin that time. "Okay fine. Let's resume."

○●○

It is already four in the afternoon. They finished reviewing for Geometry and skimming for other subjects, so they decide to go out and buy Kyuhyun's phone case.

"Where do you dress up?" Sungmin asks out of the blue. "I mean... you only have one room and it is the house itself."

"Here. I dress up here. It's not that someone is seeing me," Kyuhyun answers. But of course he is not saying the truth. "I am joking. I dress up in the bathroom."

"You're joking? I thought you're a serious type of guy," Sungmin chuckles. "But seriously, your house is a bit small for you."

"May I know why you are always asking about my house? Do you want to live here?" Kyuhyun asks. If only Sungmin would really live there... "Not that I want you here."

Sungmin furrows his eyebrows. "Hell no! I will be lonely here. And I think you would not like me to be here. You might have taken so many girls who liked you here and they would love to stay with you here," Kyuhyun smirks at what he said. Sungmin is now sure that Kyuhyun is really smiling. "Why are you smirking? It's true isn't it?"

"You know Sungmin, you are the first one who go here. Neither Donghae nor anyone came here before you. So you're quite special to me."

That same feelings that he felt before just become more extreme as he feels that his blood is rushing towards his face, particularly in his cheeks. He can't deny it - he is blushing for the first time. That word that came from Kyuhyun affects him three times, or perhaps more than the times that others mention it. He is nervous, and he is not sure of what it made him like that.

He does not know what to do when there is silence between them so he just turns away from Kyuhyun as he gets his notebooks. "Shut up, Kyuhyun. I'm going. Come on!" Sungmin runs towards the door and goes outside.

♡♥♡