Chapter 65

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 65 - A Planned Confession

♡♥♡

"You rascal," Donghae nudges Kyuhyun's shoulder and gives him a malicious grin. "You kissed Ryeowook, eh? I thought you didn't like him?"

"I didn't kiss him," Kyuhyun corrects and rolls his eyes as he looks away from Donghae. "Why are you even here? And why are you with the other three? Aren't you in bad terms?"

"We thought you were really sick so we thought we needed to visit you," he answers. "Yah, why are you changing the topic?"

"Just..." Kyuhyun snorts. "Go home."

Donghae sighs. "Such a good best friend."

Donghae chuckles when Kyuhyun gives him a cold stare waiting for him to go home. Then he turns serious in just a few moments.

"Because you are now in a mutual understanding stage with Ryeowook, I suppose I can finally confess to Sungmin," Donghae tells Kyuhyun who gets startled, but he doesn't change his expression. "If that is okay with you."

Kyuhyun finally changes his glare into a normal stare.

Since Donghae doesn't receive any answer from his best friend, he continues, "I plan to do it as soon as possible. Or else that monkey would take over."

"If that's what you want," Kyuhyun finally speaks after a few minutes. "But I won't encourage you to do so because you might get hurt."

"Why?" Donghae asks. "Sungmin is obviously looking into experiencing this. Can't you see how he pushes you to Ryeowook? He might say he's just doing this for the sake of his friend, but he doesn't realize that he himself is involving himself with the emotion."

Kyuhyun doesn't speak to that.

"So as a best friend, I want your full support," Donghae says. "Until then. I will leave you now because I know you need to rest. See you tomorrow."

Donghae leaves. Kyuhyun just watches his best friend leave. You need to stop him, Kyuhyun, he says to himself. He is not scared that Sungmin might say yes to Donghae, but he is not confident about that.

○●○

"Sungmin?"

"Huh?" Sungmin blinks and looks at Ryeowook who is staring at him. His mind is travelling somewhere, somewhere he doesn't even know.

"Are you even listening to me?" Ryeowook asks. "I keep on talking here but I think I am talking by myself."

"I'm sorry. I was just," Sungmin thinks of the perfect word to describe what he is feeling right now. And when he finds the right word, he continues, "shocked."

Ryeowook chuckles. "Because of what I did, right? Well, you said, I should make a move and kiss him, well, there it went. But to be honest, I was nervous. I... I told him that I wanted to continue even if he didn't like me. He told me to stop. Then I thought he would change his mind if I kissed him. But he turned away so I ended up kissing his cheek."

Sungmin feels a little relieved. "So... is he fine?"

"You know," Ryeowook looks up as if he is remembering something. "He said, he was sick earlier but it was already gone. And when I went to his house, it's as if he was expecting someone coming. And then I saw a bruise on his face. I wonder if he got into a fight."

Sungmin suddenly recalls what happened last night, and the memory that was temporarily lost was back like flashes of light. He gasps as he remembers that he was the one who caused the bruise. He punched Kyuhyun when he kissed him. "I think... I punched him," he slips, in Ryeowook's shock.

"Seriously!? Why did you do that!?" Ryeowook gets mad. "I hope you have a good reason Sungmin."

"A-Ah," Sungmin silently asks himself he's going to reveal that Kyuhyun kissed him the night before, but he ends up not telling the truth. "Because he was... a-annoying. He keeps on... asking me if... u-uh... he can date someone else."

"It's not a ground to punch him though!" Ryeowook yells. But Ryeowook realizes what Sungmin has told him so he gets a bit calm - but not really. "What!?"

"Ah, I told him that he couldn't so don't worry, and I punched him after that," Sungmin laughs awkwardly. "Alright then, I am sorry."

"No, you don't have to apologize to me. Say sorry to him instead because honestly, what you did was wrong. And if you do that again, I would hate you," Ryeowook threatens.

Sungmin gets chills at that threat, but he recovers. "A-Alright," he says half-willingly. Why would I even say sorry to him, eh, he kissed me! He should apologize to me! I was wronged!

"Thanks," Ryeowook nods.

○●○

The next day, Sungmin wakes up with a limousine parked in front of his house.

When he gets downstairs, he sees Hyukjae sitting on the sofa, Sungmin's father seated in a one-seater sofa in front of Hyukjae, Sungjin and his mom are preparing the dining table.

"Hyukjae? What are you doing here?" Sungmin ruffles his hair as he realizes that he has not combed yet. "Aish, I just got up."

"Hi, good morning," Hyukjae greets as he stands. "I am here to fetch you and take you to school."

"The hell!?" Sungmin's eyebrows meet. "Why would you?"

"This friend of yours," his father interjects, "has volunteered to take you to school because he learned that you were late last week. Just wash up, eat your breakfast and go. You don't want him waiting or you'll be late again."

Sungmin scratches his forehead in confusion. "I don't get it," he comments as he turns back to the staircase to go to his bedroom and wash up. After a few minutes, he goes down again and eats his breakfast, Hyukjae is sitting with them.

"Don't you have classes?" Sungmin asks Hyukjae who is busy chatting with Sungjin and others. "Why are you here to take me to class?"

"I just happened to pass by here," Hyukjae says. "You might be wondering how I learned about your house."

"No, I don't," Sungmin shakes his head. "Because my father works for you."

"Yah, just eat, Lee Sungmin. We must be grateful to this gentleman right here," his father says. "And besides, he is a big client. You don't want to keep him waiting."

"Don't worry, Sir," Hyukjae smiles enough to show off his gums. "It's alright. Sungmin is my friend-"

Hyukjae is cut when someone rings the doorbell. "Just a moment," Sungmin's mother excuses himself to get the door. When he comes back, he sees Donghae walking behind her. The man sees Hyukjae who smiles to greet him, but he immediately frowns. "It seems we have another visitor. Aw. Kyuhyun is the only one who is not here."

Sungmin facepalms. "Why are you here, Donghae? Don't tell me you're going to take me to school too?"

"That was originally my plan. However," Donghae glares at Hyukjae. "I saw someone's limousine parked outside."

"Wow, Sungmin... Look at all your friends. He is worried about you being late. Speaking of," his father eyes him. "You need to explain it."

Sungmin snorts as he scoops a spoonful. "Fine."

"Donghae hyung, is your new scooter there already?" Sungjin asks Donghae then he turns to Sungmin. "Hyung says he's going to buy a scooter."

"Yes," Donghae smiles at Sungjin. "Actually, that is what I want to tell you because you said you wanted to be the first one to see it."

"Oh boy!" Sungjin gets excited as he finishes his meal immediately and goes out to see Donghae's scooter. "Where is it parked?"

"In front," Donghae answers and Sungjin is gone in just a few seconds.

"Why would you want to take Sungmin to school?" Hyukjae asks.

Donghae doesn't want to answer, but he still does so that Sungmin's family won't view him badly. "Because I just wanted to talk to him."

"Aish, I don't understand you guys!" Sungmin blows some air. "Because you are going to same school, just go together. And if you don't mind, I can just use your scooter Donghae, if you are concerned about me being late. Seriously guys, I can manage myself."

"Sungmin, you don't even have a license yet," his father says.

Sungmin smirks. "I think it's okay. I won't get into trouble anyway," Sungmin says. Then he turns to Donghae. "Please? Can I use the scooter?"

Donghae looks at Mr. Lee who does not approve. "I-I'm sorry Sungmin but..."

"Sorry too, Donghae, but I would even if you don't want to," Sungmin shows his tongue out and then he runs. After a while, they hear a sound of scooter that gets softer and softer.

"Sorry Donghae for that," Mrs. Lee says. "I think Sungmin is much more excited. He has a good idea though. Why don't you go with Hyukjae?"

Hyukjae grins at Donghae who is obviously annoyed, but he is not showing it to Sungmin's parents. "I guess it's a good idea to know you better."

○●○

Donghae ends up going with Hyukjae.

Hyukjae has asked him a lot about Sungmin all throughout their ride. Donghae doesn't reply, but Hyukjae keeps on speaking. That ticks me off. He is with the most annoying person on earth, and because he can't say no, he's riding with him in his limousine.

He gets so envious. He would admit, because even if his parents own a restaurant, he is not as rich at Hyukjae. While Hyukjae is speaking, his mind is flying somewhere else, thinking about his insecurities. And that if he doesn't make a move, Hyukjae would also take Sungmin away from him.

Until they reach the school, he is still talking.

"What is Sungmin's favorite TV series?"

"I don't know," he finally answers.

"You don't know? You're his friend, right? As my friend, I guess you also need to-"

"Can you please stop?" Donghae finally says. He turns to Hyukjae with a serious and cold stare.

Hyukjae stops and gets curious. "Why?"

"I don't want you to ask about Sungmin. I don't want you to be his friend. I don't want you to be my friend," Donghae says plainly.

"But I thought-"

"Yes, you thought," Donghae straightens his body and faces Hyukjae. "But I am not. I hate you."

"Why?" Hyukjae asks. "Are you annoyed?"

"Yes," Donghae smirks. "I am so annoyed at you. You keep on getting close to Sungmin. To tell you honestly, you don't have the right to be close to him. Because you just came into our lives. And you know, I hope that you never did. Because you irk me."

Hyukjae gets confused.

"You don't even know him personally. You just know a lot of facts about him because you are rich that you can hire an investigator to do your research. While I... I worked hard to know him without all that. You don't deserve to be his friend," Donghae says. When Hyukjae blinks as a response, he continues. "Don't you get it? I don't want to be your friend because you are my competitor. I like Sungmin more than you do. And I won't let you take him away from me."

Donghae opens the door and goes out. He walks away from the limousine, leaving Hyukjae alone in shock.

♡♥♡

《Sorry for the short and slow update guys. I will try to update as fast as possible. Sorry! :(》