Chapter 22

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 22 - The Deal's Off - Sungmin Failed?

♡♥♡

It is the first unofficial day of summer vacation. Why unofficial? Because the students of different schools in Seoul still needs to go to school to know their examination results. For Sungmin, it is not necessary. He knows he passed his exams anyway.

But his father keeps nagging him about his report card. He wants Sungmin to give the report card to him to make sure. It is not that he doesn't trust his son, but he is not a lawyer for nothing.

With that, Sungmin is forced to wake up early in the morning, to go to school and to get his report card. His mom takes him to school after breakfast. It is the first time though.

"Be good, alright? Don't worry, I will convince your father not to cut your allowance just in case," his mther winks at him. Sungmin awes as he hugs his mother. She is the best mom in the world for keeping him spoiled.

"Aw, Mom... but do you think I am going to fail?" Sungmin pouts.

"No. I said just in case," she laughs. "Okay. Go inside now. I am going to be late for my duty as well."

Sungmin nods. "Bye Mom. Take care," he waves goodbye to his mom and enters the school. He walks towards his classroom and meets his substitute adviser, Mr. Song. The latter bows and greets him while smiling. Weird, because his teachers do not like to greet him at all. Maybe because he is a lazy student. He often falls asleep while in class, gets the lowest grade in class and goes to school late. Their substitute adviser is different - perhaps, because he is just a susbtitute teacher.

He just entered the school to be a substitute teacher when Sungmin's class adviser took a maternity leave. It was only two days before tests. He was just five years older than them. He just graduated from Daehyun University's College of Education.

He awkwardly smiles and bows slightly. He walks passing by him and goes inside the classroom. He meets Ryeowook who is excited to see him. He greets him happily. "Wook!"

Ryeowook smiles. "You seem so happy today."

"Yeah," Sungmin agrees. "My mom told me that she will convince my father not to cut my allowance even if I fail. He won't say no to Mom," he explains.

"Do you think you'll fail?" Ryeowook asks.

Sungmin sits on his desk. "Of course not. I am sure that I did well in all the exams. All thanks to you and the rest."

Ryeowook just gives him an 'okay' sign. "Anyway, do you want to go to the ice cream parlor later to celebrate?"

"Sure! I will boast to that Kyuhyun that I did well. And not just that... that I got A and B for every subject!" He gets excited even if he does not have the results yet. "Oh well, I am just so happy today."

Ryeowook nods. "Glad you are happy today."

After a few moments, Mr. Song enters with the test results in his hands. He places his things on the desk in front of all his students. He coughs first to clear his throat before speaking. "As you all know, today is going to be the start of your vacation. However, some of you failed the Biology and Geometry tests. I am not disappointed though, because everyone passed English and the first day tests."

Sungmin's heart beats faster when he hears it. He is full of conviction a while ago, but when Mr. Song tells them that some failed, he becomes nervous all of a sudden.

"I am going to call you one by one and give you all your report cards, however, one of you has to see me privately in my office first before giving his card. And that is you, Lee Sungmin," he says while looking at Sungmin. Sungmin swallows the lump of his throat as he stares back at Mr. Song. The latter is smiling though. That makes him more nervous. "Okay class. I'll start now."

○●○

Sungmin gathers all his courage before coming to the faculty room. He breathes simultaneously as he calms himself.

" this. I knew I passed. I did," Sungmin calms himself. "How can I be nervous over grades? My mother assures me that she will still convince my father to give me full allowance. I must be calm."

He gives a last blow as he throws his hand in the air. Ryeowook gave him encouragement before coming there. He said that he would just wait for him at the ice cream parlor for them to celebrate, so Sungmin guessed, there was nothing wrong about his grades. Yes, nothing's wrong.

He knocks two times before coming in finally. It is the rule. Since when did he obey?

He sees a few number of teachers left in the common area. Every teacher has his or her own office, but the teachers still have a common area to discuss their lesson plans and others. Sungmin knows that these teachers are handling summer classes so they keep themselves busy. Summer classes are for those who fail two subjects. Repetition of grade year is for those who fail three or more. Since Sungmin gets an A in first day subjects and B in English, his only option is for him to take summer classes in case he fails the two other subjects.

He shakes his head to get rid of the idea. He will not let summer classes to ruin his vacation. He almost runs towards the office of his susbtitute adviser. He knocks for only one time because Mr. Song opens the door almost immediately. "Come in."

Sungmin gulps as he goes inside. Mr. Song closes the door. He invites Sungmin to sit. Sungmin obeys.

"You know why I called you, right?" He asks while pacing in front of him.

"I just hope I was wrong about that," Sungmin wittily replies, enough for the teacher to laugh. "Tell me that I passed."

"I actually have a good news and a bad news for you. Which one would you like to hear first?" He tells him to choose. "Oh well, I think I need to say the bad news first."

Sungmin crosses his fingers as he closes his eyes tightly.

"You didn't pass both. So you have to attend summer classes," he reveals. Sungmin opens his eyes with all his spirits down. He can't believe it. He is going to spend his vacation inside school. That more than staying at home for vacation. The teacher continues, "however, I have a way for you to pass."

Sungmin gets excited with that good news. "Really!?" He almost stands up as he approaches his teacher who in turn stops pacing. "What is it? I will do whatever it is."

Mr. Song faces him. "First, I am withholding your card. Second, you'll pick up a package for me at six in the evening at the post office. Third, you'll have to deliver it to my house at seven in the evening. You can get your card from me at my house. I will consider this as an extracurricular activity that may be added as bonus points for you to pass. So far, you are the only person who are taking summer classes, so it'll not be fun, do you think so?"

Sungmin nods. "If that is what I can do, it is quite simple. Question, can I take someone with me?"

"No!" He exclaims, nearly after his question. He coughs again. "I mean... this is a secret between you and me. If the other students and teachers know that I am doing a favor for you, they'll be angry. And besides, the package is just light. You can take it to me alone."

"Okay! You can count on me!" Sungmin grins. "Last two questions. Why are you doing this to me, I mean, you're good to me? And will you be there at your house?"

He smirks, and Sungmin finds it creepy. "You'll know later."

○●○

"So, you didn't pass?" Kyuhyun asks Sungmin as he puts the best friends' orders on their table.

Kyuhyun heard their conversation moments ago. He heard that Sungmin was not able to pass Biology and Geometry, which was absurd, because he knew Sungmin reviewed for it. That equivalents to summer classes. What made it more absurd was that his teacher was asking him to pick his package and take it to his house. And also, what he heard was the teacher took the card home. It was suspicious. Teachers are not allowed to take the report card home, nor give the students extracurricular points after the giving of report cards.

He is really having doubts about the teacher.

Sungmin sips his milkshake. For a change, he ordered a much cheaper drink because he literally had no money. "I will pass, technically."

"You still didn't. I am taking back the deal and I am cutting it off," he declares as he turns around.

"You ! You can't take it back!" Sungmin yells.

"I am quite jealous of you and Kyuhyun now. It seems that you got closer. He even wrote a reviewer for you. Now, you are having a deal? Care to tell me what it is? I am your best friend anyway," Ryeowook pouts. He is joking though.

"Closer? Look at us. We fight like a dog and a cat. He is still an to me," Sungmin snorts. "Anyway, he didn't write that for me, he wrote it for himself and he just let me borrow it after he was finished. And remember the promise that I would buy him a phone case? It was when the deal was made. If I pass my subjects, he would be a friend. He would be closer to you as well when that happens. Don't you want that?"

Ryeowook blushes. "Of course, I want that. But was that the pink phone case? I saw him opening his phone awhile ago. How did you manage to buy him a pink stuff if he doesn't like it?"

Sungmin shrugs. "I don't know. He said it was okay because it was okay to me," Sungmin says. "Oh, wait, Wook. Where will you spend your vacation? Can we at least hangout or something?"

"I will be home for three weeks," Ryeowook informs Sungmin. "So we can't really hangout. But when I come back, we will. You still have errands to do, right?"

"Oh yes, you made me remember," Sungmin snaps and looks at his watch. "It is almost six. I need to go now. Wanna come with me? I'll take you home first before getting the package."

"Sure!" Ryeowook answers. He turns to Kyuhyun. "Uh... Kyuhyun, we'll go now. Tell Donghae that we will not stay for long today."

"Speaking of Donghae, where is your bestfriend?" Sungmin asks Kyuhyun. "He was going to tell me something yesterday but I needed to go. Tell him that I am waiting for him."

Kyuhyun hisses. "Am I your messenger? Why don't you just text him?"

Kyuhyun is jealous of the fact that the two had quality time together. Donghae was talking about it a lot, especially the part that Sungmin opened up with him. It annoyed Kyuhyun that it affected his mood. Donghae got down after classes though, and told him that he would go somewhere else. He didn't ask further about it.

"You are a fail bestfriend," Sungmin glares at Kyuhyun. "Well, see you, jerk."

Sungmin pulls Ryeowook out of the ice cream parlor. Kyuhyun just sighs.

"Oh, we have a delivery at Daehyun University!" Manager Han calls him Kyuhyun. Starting that day, they are open for deliveries. And Kyuhyun is given a bicycle with a cooler in front to deliver ice cream to the customers. "Do you want to see your boyfriend's school?"

"Sungmin is not my boyfriend," Kyuhyun tells Manager Han who is just smiling at him, more like grinning at him.

"Not now, but someday, he will be, just believe in yourself, Kyuhyun," Manager Han chuckles. Kyuhyun just shrugs and gets the delivery from the counter.

○●○

"Ah, what a treat," A teacher comments as she gets the ice cream delivery from Kyuhyun. "Good heavens, Delicious Cravings has delivery service now."

Delicious Cravings is the name of the ice cream parlor where Kyuhyun is working at. He gets the payment and prepares to leave.

"You are somehow familiar. Are you from Inhwan University? I once gave lecture there," The teacher asks again. Kyuhyun nods as a reply. "You make me remember someone... Lee Sungmin? He is a flower boy like you. By any chance, do you know him?"

Kyuhyun meekly smiles. He then lifts the cooler and walks towards the door.

"Speaking of that Sungmin, I can't believe he got an A in Geometry, although he got a C in Biology," Another teacher comments. Kyuhyun's eyebrows meet and he stops from walking and listens. "In Biology, he just needs to submit a final project due after vacation. He needs not attend summer classes anymore."

"Fortunately, he is not going to be my student in summer classes. He does have a bad record," one of the teachers speaks. "Mr. Song took him in his office awhile ago, no? He must have had interrogated him if he was cheating." The teachers laugh.

"Speaking of Mr. Song, where is he? He left earlier. He said he had some errands to do. Do you notice how fond he is of Sungmin? I even suspected he liked Sungmin that was why he was giving him good treatment," the first teacher discloses. "Hope he wakes up if he really likes Sungmin."

Kyuhyun clenches his fist tightly and turns back to the teachers. "Where is that Mr. Song's house!?"

The teachers are all shocked. One of them asks, "Why? What is it to you?"

"I taught Sungmin Geometry, and I saw that he could pass the subject without cheating. And whatever you are saying about him, it is not true. Sungmin is a good man and he perserveres for a reason. He studied well in Geometry so I am certain he would get an A. Currently, his life is at stake, so tell me where that teacher's house!" Kyuhyun speaks in a low but emphatic voice. The teachers are still shocked, but one of them stood and told everyone that Kyuhyun might be right. He saw Sungmin reviewing almost nonstop on the day of the exam. The teacher gives the address to Kyuhyun and the latter almost runs away.

He calls Sungmin. The latter answers his phone after five rings.

"Hello, where are you?" Kyuhyun asks.

"Currently walking out of the post office. Geez, Mr. Song's package is really a light thing. The address is also near here," Sungmin answers from the other line. "Why?"

"Don't go," Kyuhyun rides his bicycle and starts accelerating. "Don't go there."

Even without seeing Sungmin, Kyuhyun knows he is getting annoyed. "Why are you telling me this!? You don't want you to be my friend? Why are you always making me look like a fool?"

"Just stay where you are!" Kyuhyun insists.

"Why!? I am asking you why-"

"Because I told you so and because you passed your subjects," Kyuhyun tells him. There is silence from the other line. "Look Sungmin. You passed. Mr. Song is just blackmailing you or whatnot. I'll explain to you later. I need to hang up."

"Wait-" Before Sungmin can finish, Kyuhyun ends the call. He reaches the teacher's house. He finds the gate open so he enters without warning. He knocks on the door afterwards. A man opens the door. His smiling face disappears when he sees Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun charges and pins him on the wall.

"Who are you!? You are tresspassing-"

Kyuhyun smirks, "Why, are you waiting for someone else, sorry, he is not going to come here anymore. Sorry to rain on your parade, Mr. Song, but you can't touch Sungmin."

Mr. Song tries to break free. Kyuhyun presses him to the wall with his right arm more. "You're attacking a teacher, and you also tresspassed. I will sue you for this."

"Ha," Kyuhyun snickers. "Who asked you to leave your gates open? You still violated your right as a teacher, a substitute one in Sungmin's case. I guess, you don't have a case to file. If there is, I would not be imprisoned, and you would be. Besides, I don't care. I've been through all that."

"Who are you!? I am going to call the police-"

"Can you shut the hell up!?" Kyuhyun screams as he glares at him. "I told you, I don't care."

Mr. Song glares back. "Do you think Sungmin will not go here? His grade is at stake!"

"You've got to be kidding me," Kyuhyun snorts again as he glances away. He glares back at Mr. Song. "Sungmin passed his subjects and even without that extracurricular activity points of yours he would pass. You were wrong about Sungmin, Mr. Song. He was more than you knew. He might not be the most brilliant of them all, but he was the best for me."

"Who are you!?" He asks again while still trying to break free. "Who do you think you are to stop him from going here?"

Kyuhyun shows his rotten smile. "I am his boyfriend," Kyuhyun says and shows a serious expression as he continues, "and I love him." Kyuhyun pulls the older and punches him, enough for him to fall down. Kyuhyun looks at him. "Say, what's that extracurricular activity again?"

○●○

"I can't believe he deceived me," Sungmin says. He and Kyuhyun meets up after that. "And are you sure? I passed?"

Mr. Song plead to him to keep it secret and he would resign as soon as possible, to Kyuhyun's satisfaction. He also said that he would not withhold Sungmin'z report card and he would forget his so-called fondness for Sungmin.

Sungmin did not bother to take the package to Mr. Song. And Kyuhyun was pleased about that.

Kyuhyun nods. He continues to walk while looking in front of him. "You did. You can even ask your professors tomorrow. And do you think I am going to lie?"

Sungmin furrows his eyebrows. "Did I say that?"

Kyuhyun smiles. "But you know, I lied one time today. Although I am hoping for it to come true someday."

"What is it? Come on, tell me," Sungmin urges Kyuhyun to tell him. But Kyuhyun does not answer. "Aish. But wait, how did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That I passed?" Sungmin asks. "And does this mean, we're friends now?"

"Did I say that?" Kyuhyun repeats what Sungmin said. Sungmin pouts and stomps his feet.

"Jerk," Sungmin runs ahead of Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smiles once again. "I care for you, Sungmin, although it is not evident," Sungmin stops from running. He feels that blood is rushing on his cheeks again. He is blushing for the second time. "And I think, we can consider it as... yes, we are friends now."

♡♥♡

《VIOLENT KYU. HAHAHA and hooray for KyuMin~ I know... I did tell you that there won't be KyuMin until 23rd chapter but I can't resist it. This is too long, I know, coz I can't update for the next three days yet again. Today's my graduation, that's why~★ then an event, then job interview. I should be sleeping now, but I love you guys so much therefore, an update. Thanks for reading!》