Chapter 64

He's the One

♡♥♡

Chapter 64 - Not As What He Sees

♡♥♡

Lee Sungmin wakes up with a terrible headache the day after.

He is not able to sleep that well, yet he needs to wake up early for classes. It is a torture for him, that thing that happened last night. It was like a nightmare.

To be honest, he hasn't remembered what happened after the kiss. Did he just run away and pretend like nothing happened? Did he drink to forget everything that happened? Did Kyuhyun take him home after?

Weird, but it's possible to forget what happened, especially if it is due to shock.

"Hyung, you're going to be late for school!" It is Sungjin who keeps on knocking on his door. He never does that frequently, so he is a bit curious why Sungjin is waking him up. "Mom and Dad learned about your detention!"

"," He curses as he gets up his bed and almost throws the pillow that he has been pressing against his face since yesterday. "How did they know?"

"You're still making your own breakfast, hyung!" He hears running footsteps outside and they get softer and softer as time passes by. He knows Sungjin is already downstairs.

"Ugh," He sits on the bed and ruffles his hair. He is reminded of the kiss again and it totally comes from nowhere. "I hate you Cho Kyuhyun so much that I want to kill you right now!" He yells as if Kyuhyun is in front of him. "I would be glad if I could punch you several times because of that you did, you molester!"

He stands up and goes to the shower. He has to get rid of the memory or else he's going to be in a bad mood the whole day, that includes during his work at the ice cream parlor where Kyuhyun will be.

"Freaking hell! How to not go to work?" He asks himself. Then he smirks as he remembers that he still has detention so he is excused. "Damn I am so lucky!"

○●○

" my life."

Ryeowook takes a glance at his best friend who is totally in a bad mood. His best friend has his hands on the table, and he is playing with his fingers for a quite a long time. "You're not happy?"

"How can I be happy!?" Sungmin's voice is louder than his original speaking voice. When he realizes that he sounds upset, he keeps his voice low. Ryeowook would suspect. And it is the last thing he wants to happen that day. "I mean, of course, I am happy."

"I knew you would be," Ryeowook sits on his desk and faces Sungmin. "To think that the professor assiged to your detention is absent and your detention is also lifted. Isn't that great? You can work at the ice cream parlor-"

"No!" He shouts again.

"Is there something wrong?" Ryeowook worriedly asks.

Now, Ryeowook is suspecting. Great Sungmin. "No, not at all," Sungmin waves his hands as he laughs awkwardly. "I am just a little upset."

"Upset about what?" Ryeowook questions. "That is not usually you. You would normally be happy not in school. It seems like you're unhappy that your detention has been lifted."

"No, I am really happy!" Sungmin insists. "You know me, I've not liked to stay in school. I would rather be at home than in school."

Ryeowook nods and rests his palm under his chin. "Yeah, that is why I am puzzled. What has been bothering you?"

"Have you ever been kissed?"

Ryeowook almost falls from his chair and he looks at Sungmin. "W-What? O-Of course not. Why? Have you ever been kissed?"

"I have been kissed several times, you know me. I am a popular guy," he laughs awkwardly. "Well seriously..."

"Who is the lucky girl who got your first kiss?" Ryeowook teases Sungmin. "Is it Luna?"

"No," Sungmin shakes his head. "I-I was just asking."

"Well, I haven't been kissed, because I knew that I have to kiss the person I love," Ryeowook smiles as he looks nowhere in particulart. "I would love to do it with Kyuhyun. But of course, I would have no chance. It looks like he is not interested in being kissed. I wonder if the person he likes," he hesitates to continue, and he chooses not to continue, instead he changes the topic. "Anyway, Kyuhyun went home earlier yesterday. Do you know where he went?"

Sungmin is not able to answer. But he suddenly remembers the kiss. "Damn it!" He curses as he goes out from the classroom and goes to the washroom. "Cho Kyuhyun, I hate you to bits!" He opens the faucet and washes his face. He rubs it briskly until it turns red, but the funny thing is he is specifically avoiding his lips, and he realizes it.

He lets the water flow as he looks at the mirror, particularly at his lips, His heart is pumping too much blood that he feels the heat in his body, especially in his cheeks. He gulps as he touches his lips. His hand is moving on its own. It is certainly not his doing.

He closes his eyes.

"Don't worry, I won't."

Kyuhyun's lips were very soft and that soft feeling is still lingering on his lips. He hates how Kyuhyun stole his first kiss, and the second one, apparently, and he hated how it made him feel a lot of things inside. His stomach just had butterflies, his head became light as if he was floating. He wanted to kiss him back but his lips didn't want to that he just let Kyuhyun do the kissing. And it felt good.

After the kiss, he reacted too slowly. He punched Kyuhyun and he ran away.

He opens his eyes.

I want to... he stops. No, stop.

"No," Sungmin rubs his face again and closes the faucet. "I am going to forget all about this."

But he is guilty. He is really guilty of punching Kyuhyun.

"It's his fault."

○●○

He doesn't want to go to work, but Ryeowook still tags him along. He doesn't want to see Kyuhyun just yet, or he might just faint or anything.

"Kyuhyun isn't going to work."

Manager Han informs everyone. Sungmin sighs in relief, but he is worried, and Ryeowook is looking down.

"Double time. We don't have that much of a customer but please work well," Manager Han tells them and enters his office again.

"Why isn't Kyuhyun coming?" Ryeowook asks Donghae.

Donghae shrugs. "I don't know. He was not present in classes either. I hope there's nothing wrong with him,"

Sungmin gets worried that he might have punched Kyuhyun too hard that he could not go to school. He feels guilty, but he is torn between what Kyuhyun did and what he wants to do - that is to visit Kyuhyun.

After some time, Ryeowook keeps on writing wrong orders, misses out orders and worst, he even drops ice cream cups. Manager Han sees it and approaches him as Ryeowook cleans the mess. "Is there anything wrong, Ryeowook?"

"He is worried about Kyuhyun, Manager Han," Donghae approaches the two. "I think he should visit Kyuhyun or something."

Manager Han takes a look at Sungmin whose eyebrows meet. "Why?" He asks, but no one hears it. The manager looks back at Ryeowook and taps his shoulder.

"I guess, you can take a break," Manager Han says. "Kyuhyun just called me earlier and he said he's alright, but if you are too concerned about him, then go visit him."

"Is it really okay?" Ryeowook asks Manager Han who nods as a reply. "Thank you then, Manager."

"Good for you then!" Donghae puts his arm around Ryeowook's shoulder. "I suggest you bring fruits or something!"

"It's not like Kyuhyun's that sick or something," Sungmin comments. "Besides, he's not in the hospital."

Manager Han chuckles, Sungmin and the other two looks at him. Manager Han taps Sungmin's shoulder. "How about you go too?" He says to Sungmin.

Ryeowook anticipates for his answer, and their eyes meet. Sungmin shakes his head in reply. "We'll go there after work. Donghae would be sad if we leave him alone."

Donghae nods simultaneously. "That is true!"

"Fine then," Manager Han concludes. "Oh well, I have something to do. Just continue working good."

"Yes!" They answer in unison.

Sungmin then turns to Ryeowook. "You know Ryeowook," he pauses and grins as his best friend. "I have an idea." He holds Ryeowook's shoulders and looks at him in the eye. "You have to kiss Kyuhyun now."

Ryeowook's eyes widen as he hears Sungmin. "What!?" He is in shock, and his heart is beating so fast because of nervousness. "Are you nuts, Sungmin? Why are you suddenly talking about kissing again? W-Why must I kiss him?"

Donghae butts in. "W-What!? Sungmin? Did you kiss someone?" He asks and panics. "Tell me!"

Sungmin raises an eyebrow. "Donghae, this is not about me. It is about Ryeowook's romance, so cut that out."

"B-But," Donghae looks on the ground. He sighs. "Oh well, I guess you're right. I guess this is nothing to do with you or anything," He turns to Ryeowook. "Ryeowook, do it! Just like what Sungmin said!"

"You too?" Ryeowook awkwardly laughs. "You guys are hilarious. I can't kiss him because he is not my boyfriend!"

Sungmin freezes. That is right! Kyuhyun is not my boyfriend! I must not feel guilty because he is the one who sinned against me! Right! But... the thought makes his chest constricted. All he wants to do is to confront Kyuhyun and ask him why he did that even if they are not even in a relationship. If he kisses me then...

"I would want to save my first kiss to the person I would love in the future."

"I have to kiss the person I love."

"No!" He screams, making both Ryeowook and Donghae divert their attention to Sungmin. Sungmin recovers from embarrassment and says to Ryeowook, "No, you have to kiss him even if he is not your boyfriend, because he is the person you love!"

Ryeowook blinks twice. "You are freaking me out, Lee Sungmin!"

I need to do this so that I would stop entertaining the thoughts of Kyuhyun kissing me. I know this is the right thing to do. "Trust me, Ryeowook. Trust me." This is hitting two birds with one stone.

○●○

His doorbell is ringing.

And he knows that it is Sungmin who is outside his house.

With that thought, he immediately jumps off the bed and runs towards his gate to open it. He is smiling widely as he opens the gate, but it turns out it is not the person he expects to be. "Ryeowook."

Ryeowook shyly gives him a basket of fruits. "Are you expecting someone else?"

Kyuhyun does not answer but he takes the basket of fruits. "Come in," he gestures with his free hand and Ryeowook enters his house. "You didn't go to work?" Kyuhyun asks as he closes the door after him.

"Let me help you with that," Ryeowook offers a help to lift the basket, but Kyuhyun declines it and puts it on the table. "Actually, Manager Han let me go home earlier so I bought you a basket of fruits. I thought you were really sick that was why you didn't go to class and to work."

"I was not really sick. I just felt that I didn't want to go to school and work," Kyuhyun says. "Did you worry for me?"

Ryeowook blushes. "Y-Yes."

Kyuhyun smiles. "Did anyone else worry about me?"

Ryeowook's eyebrows meet in confusion. "Who are you talking about? Donghae? Sungmin?"

Kyuhyun smirks. "I guess not." He walks towards the sofa. "I've been lying in my bed for hours, so good thing you came to visit me. I would be able to talk to you."

Ryeowook's heart pounds. "A-Ah, I guess, you're really sick?"

Kyuhyun laughs so hard that Ryeowook begins to be bothered because of the former's unusual actions. "I guess, I am really sick. I've been too happy I don't even know what to do."

Ryeowook smiles. "I am glad you are happy." He stares at Kyuhyun and notices that there is a bruise near his lips. "W-What happened to you?"

"Hmm?" Kyuhyun hums. Ryeowook almost runs towards him and touches the bruise on the side of his lips. Kyuhyun flinches. "Oh, this. This is-"

"Let me treat you," Ryeowook tells Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun stops him by holding his wrist. The action just makes Ryeowook feel awkward. "Why?"

"It's been a while since I watched a movie. How about we watch some together. I've got new movies," Kyuhyun invites Ryeowook who feels giddy. "They are all action though. Do you mind?"

Ryeowook hates action movies. But it is Kyuhyun, he thinks. He answers differently. "No, not at all," he replies with a smile. Kyuhyun nods simultaneously and gets a movie to play and he sits on the sofa.

"Don't just stand there," Kyuhyun says to Ryeowook who does not know where he can sit, because the sofa is only for two persons. "You can sit here beside me."

Ryeowook blushes but he complies. He sits beside Kyuhyun who is focused on the television.

For two hours, Kyuhyun has been commenting how good the actors are, how nice the plot is, and how awesome the action scenes are, while Ryeowook just glances at Kyuhyun momentarily, trying to savor the moment that they are together. His heart beats faster and faster as he sees Kyuhyun smile while watching the movie.

He feels like it is a date. Kyuhyun is acting suspiciously but then, Ryeowook is overjoyed because it is the first time that Kyuhyun actually becomes that open to him not avoiding him even if he knows Ryeowook has feelings for him.

He can't concentrate on the movie and his mind is wandering. He is thinking about what Sungmin told him earlier.

"This movie is so awesome," Kyuhyun comments when the movie ends. "It has been playing for almost three hours, but it is not near boring. Do you like it?" Kyuhyun asks Ryeowook and Ryeowook gets startled when Kyuhyun notices that he is staring at Kyuhyun. "Why?"

"I... I want to cook for you. I just want to thank you for the movie."

○●○

"Where is Ryeowook?"

Donghae narrows his eyes as he sees Hyukjae along with Yesung in the ice cream parlor. Ryeowook has only been gone for an hour. This guy pisses me off like no other. "Why are you here again? And what is your business with him?"

"Yesung has business with him, right, Yesung?" Hyukjae turns to Yesung who blushes as he looks away. "Anyway, is Sungmin here?"

"He's not-"

"Present!" Sungmin raises his hand as he greets Hyukjae who almost runs towards him. "Hi Hyukjae. And wow, you brought Yesung too! No time no see, Yesung!" Sungmin greets Yesung who just smiles and bows at the greeting. "It's been a while since I saw Yesung."

"Well, he wanted to invite Ryeowook to a concert, because Ryeowook mentioned that he liked a certain band, and Yesung got connections so..." Hyukjae explains as he puts his arm around Sungmin's shoulder. "Where is he?"

"He's with Kyuhyun right now," Donghae interjects as he removes Hyukjae's arm from Sungmin's. "And they are having a good time together."

"A-A date?" Yesung asks.

"It is not a date," Sungmin corrects. "Kyuhyun is sick, so he wants to take care of him. Manager Han let him skip work. We'll be going there afterwards. Do you want to go with us?"

Yesung sighs as he looks on the ground.

Sungmin notices the sudden change of mood, so he approaches Yesung and taps his shoulder. "Do you want to go to them so that you can invite Ryeowook?"

Donghae furrows his eyebrows and turns to Sungmin. He is as if asking why Sungmin is doing it, Sungmin impliedly answers that it is just his plan.

"No, thanks. I'll just go." Yesung turns around and walks towards the door, but Hyukjae stops him. "It's okay."

"Yesung, let us go. Kyuhyun is our friend, right? We need to visit him and see if he's alright," Hyukjae tells Yesung. Donghae crosses his arms and Sungmin waits until Yesung nods in agreement. "Good then. Let us bring him something?"

"Ugh, this monkey keeps on interferring with me and Sungmin," Donghae murmurs, and Sungmin hears some mumbling and asks what that is. Donghae smiles and waves his hands. "Nothing!"

"It is settled then, let us go all together. Maybe after work? Just another hour."

○●○

Ryeowook cooks a sumptous dinner, and Kyuhyun enjoys it. The former volunteers to clean up the table, and Kyuhyun agrees. While Ryeowook is cleaning up the table, Kyuhyun is humming a song while washing the pots. Ryeowook just waits for Kyuhyun to finish and after he finishes washing the dishes, he would go home.

"Can I ask you something, Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun nods as he leads Ryeowook outside. "Sure."

"Why did you change?" Ryeowook asks. "I mean... U-Uhm, I just wonder why you look so happy right now," Ryeowook looks away as he plays with his fingers. "And who actually punched you?"

"I deserved this," Kyuhyun says as he touches the bruise. "But it was all worth the punch."

"Why are you being like this to me now?" Ryeowook asks as he looks back at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun sighs as he stands. "Why are you becoming so good to me now? I-I just want to know."

"I know I shouldn't be telling you this, but... you are a friend, Ryeowook. Even if you have feelings for me, I can't deny that you are one of the first friends that I have, so I want to treat you better than before." Kyuhyun tells Ryeowook who just remains quiet. But deep inside, he is terribly hurt.

"S-So, I am just a friend," Ryeowook mumbles. "But my feelings won't change, Kyuhyun. I like you so much. You're my first love, Kyuhyun. I don't want to fail now."

"Love involves failure, Ryeowook. If you continue this, you'd just hurt more. I would end up hurting you more," Kyuhyun says.

"But," Ryeowook looks at Kyuhyun intently as he holds Kyuhyun's arms. "I am ready to get hurt if it is you. And I am here to say that I won't give up on you." He tiptoes to reach for Kyuhyun's lips and to kiss him, but Kyuhyun turns his face away, resulting in Ryeowook kissing him only on the cheek.

""T-They are... k-kissing?" Hyukjae comments. It makes Kyuhyun and Ryeowook turn around to see where the voice comes from. Yesung gasps and walks away. Hyukjae calls and follows Yesung. "Yesung!"

Ryeowook's cheeks flush red as he looks away, and Donghae gives Kyuhyun a malicious grin.

But it wasn't what Kyuhyun sees immediately. He focuses on Sungmin and their eyes meet. Sungmin's expression is blank. Very blank.

♡♥♡

《It's been a month since my last update and I am very sorry because I went to Singapore last, last week, I finished reports last week. D: BTW thanks to those who voted for Black Coffee last time.》