Lee Mihyun

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was resting on a chair and drinking endlessly. His head hurt and he was feeling terribly weak, but he had to bear it. The last performance. Everyone sighed, relieved because the last performance was a musical. Musicals were much easier for them to perform because they didn't have to perform non-stop. Every member had an acting part in the musical and when he finished that one, he could take a rest. This time, the musical was based on the fairytale 'Snow White'. Seohyun, a former SNSD member, was playing the female lead. For musicals Lee Soo Man would always let his artists collaborate. Right now he would let all the remaining SNSD members play in the musicals, since the group disbanded because two members, Tiffany and Jessica, fled from the company. But they weren't the only one, Super Junior also disbanded because Hangeng and Heechul fled.

 

The reason many artists fled was because they couldn't stand their slave-like lives anymore. But fleeing meant giving up your life in civilization because you committed a crime. The contract they signed with Lee Soo Man wasn't an ordinary one, it was the so called 'life contract'. When you sign that contract you hand over your life to a certain person. That person is allowed to do anything with you because they 'bought' you. Most rich people bought poor teen girls to turn them into maids. Boys were treated like slaves, they were mostly bought by factory owners to do the worst jobs in their factory. That was how society worked. 

 

-

 

Luhan took Seohyun's hand as they looked into each other's eyes. Both of them knew perfectly how to act convincing. Of course, that is since this was their job after all. The audience squealed at how romantic the scene was, but the picturesque couple on stage was unaffacted by their oh-so-convincing romance. It was just an act after all ...

 

The first part was over and Luhan quickly went to the room, where the other members were getting ready for their respective part. It was a room to sit and to rest, provided with their rations of food and water. “Is Baekhyun feeling better?” Luhan asked Chanyeol, clearly looking worried, as he sat on a chair. “No... I'm worried that he will collapse. He can't even stand and he looks so pale...” The tall male slowly said, his voice cracking at the last part. Luhan reached out his hand to his friend's back. He could feel the pain. If Sehun was sick, Luhan would've probably gone mad with worry. He patted Chanyeol's back for the last time before going to the other members. 

 

The others were already helping Baekhyun as much as possible. D.O and Chen gave him their own water rations and Chanyeol was able to get some medicine from a woman, who was sitting in the audience. “Chanyeol, get ready!” They heard the director shout. Chanyeol quickly gave Baekhyun the medicine and changed into his costume. He was playing the hunter. 

 

Luhan smiled a bit as he noticed that his friend had forgotten his hat. He grabbed it and quickly ran to the room that was below the stage. In that room, there was a ladder and a door at the ceiling that connected the stage and the room. “Yah, you forgot your hat.” Luhan called out, throwing the hat to the other one. Chanyeol thanked him and quickly climbed up the ladder. A staff was about to close the door, when Luhan stopped him. Something caught his attention. In the corner of his eye, he could see the heiress leaving her seat. Immediately, an idea popped up in his mind. The idea was ridiculous, yes, but there was a chance that Baekhyun could get to rest for some time until he was fit again. Luhan made up his mind. No matter how ridiculous, stupid and reckless it was, something inside urged him to do it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter