Candied Fruits

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Don’t you have to wear a mask, Luhan? I mean people who know the circus might recognize you.” Mihyun asked, nudging him lightly, as they continued to walk into the inner-city.

 

“No, the inner-city is filled with commoners, not with rich or wealthy ones, and commoners rarely go to the circus.” Mihyun nodded with her eyes slowly drifting away from Luhan as they got closer to the main street.

 

fell slightly open. It was the first time for her to see so many different people at once. At school, everybody looked nearly the same with the uniform and the age range was also quite small.

 

“Waaaah.” Mihyun was in awe as her eyes scanned out surroundings. She only closed upon noticing that Luhan had been chuckling at her.

 

Tiny or tall, thin or rather massive, young or old, every kind was represented. The main street looked very lively, the shops at the side alone were really eye-catching since they had no doors and looked like the front wall was missing. The items the shop sold were either presented on tables or hung from clothes-lines.

 

There was a huge variety of what they sold. Clothes, shoes, accesories, sweets, food, bags, books and all stuff one could think of. Both sides of the streets were full of these kinds of shops.

 

And everyone was gathering around the shops, bargaining about the price with the shop owner. Mihyun watched a woman as she just paid the price of a pair of shoes with a satisfied smile after the bargaining battle she had with the shop assistent.

 

She unconsciously smiled upon seeing that. Bargaining looked like it was much fun. Loud, a bit chaotic, but what she liked the most was that it was different; every price was different, depending on who bought it. To Mihyun, it felt like a small reflection of humans, like the prices everyone were all individuals.

 

Unlike what happened in the stores Mihyun had visited, those in the city's center, where most of the rich people go to. She had been in the center twice in her whole life, it was rather boring because the people were all calm while they paid the price that was printed on the price tag and left the stores. There was no fun, no one smiling, no one shouting enthusiastically. Everything was organized and the people were well-behaved. To others the organization may be perfection, but to Mihyun it was boring. Her whole life, she thought she was weird for finding mistakes interesting and the so-called perfection that the government presented her to be rather boring.

 

Her thoughts were immediately interrupted as her eyes caught something very colourful and tasty-looking. She unconsciously walked to the store to get a better view, and didn’t even notice that she had let go of Luhan's hand.

 

As Mihyun got closer, she realized that the tasty-looking things were candied fruits on sticks. was watering as she counted all the sorts of fruits that were available.

Mihyun was about to touch one when a voice made her snap out, “Which fruit does the beauty in front of me want?

 

She looked up and saw a quite handsome boy smiling at her. She cleared ; Mihyun didn’t like compliments. Just then, she realized that she was alone, meaning Luhan wasn’t next to her anymore.

 

“Oh, I was just looking.” Mihyun quickly excused herself before turning around. She would have already dashed away if not for a huge crowd forming in front of the store.

 

Mihyun mentally slapped herself for being so stupid to let go of Luhan's hand. The city's atmosphere had gotten her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter