Pitch-black

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun's eyes scanned the surroundings outside the slot, in which Luhan and her were pressed inside, and she gulped as she saw three black, luxurious cars. She'd never seen such luxurious cars, which meant a lot, since her father owned many luxurious cars.

Suddenly the doors opened and four people stepped out of each car. No doubt, they looked extremely dangerous and threatening. The look in their eyes sent shivers down Mihyun's spine.

 

Every single man that stepped out of his car had a gun in his hand. Those guns alone made Mihyun shiver from fear. Her heart stopped when one of them fired and she almost screamed, but Luhan had put his hand on to prevent her from doing so.

As she saw one of the men falling to the ground lifelessly, her body unwantedly began to tremble terribly. She couldn't believe it. Someone had been killed. Right in front of her eyes. She quickly turned her face away from the scene.

Luhan seemed to have noticed Mihyun's trembling because she suddenly felt a hand on her hair, it softly. His gesture was very calming and slowly, her trembling lessened.

As he continued to brush her hair, her heart skipped the double amount of beats as when she was usually around him. Her cheeks were burning and her breath became uneven.

Mihyun quickly looked away, turning her eyes to the dangerous guys again. Suddenly a light was wandering on the ground. One of the men had a torch and all of her instincts were screaming 'run away'. If they let the torch's light wander into the slot, they'd see the two of them, and then Luhan and her would be dead in a blink of an eye.

Mihyun quickly turned her face to the opposite side, the other open end of the slot.

 

Maybe...

She motioned to Luhan with her head that she was planning to escape to the other open end. He seemed to have had the same idea since he was already on his tip-toes. They slowly tip-toed to the other side, still pressed between the walls and against each other.

Trying hard not to make any noise, they got out of the slot. Then he took her hand and Mihyun quietly followed him. When she was sure that they had brought enough distance between the men with the gun and them, she slowed down her pace. Luhan did the same.

"Was that really the mafia?" Mihyun asked, her voice not louder than a whisper. Luhan nodded and she gulped. She had always been told that gangs and mafias had long been gone ever since the head of the government had been changed.

"I thought, things like the mafia don't exist anymore..." She whispered, more to herself than to Luhan, but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"There are many things that the rich people don't know about." He sighed, running his hand through his hair. She gulped as she felt her cheeks starting to burn again. Mihyun never knew that running your hand through your hair could look so... hot.

 

She quickly shook off that thought. What the hell was she thinking about?!

 

Shuffling, Mihyun followed Luhan. It was a silent walk until she remembered the question she had asked before we had to hide from those guys.

 

“Um... I've seen many of my father's artists in that area earlier. It didn’t seem like a normal part of the city...” She mumbled, glancing over to Luhan. His thoughts seemed to be somewhere else, so she nudged him lightly. The deer-eyed boy blinked a few times before he gave Mihyun a questioning gaze.

 

She chuckled a bit and repeated her question. When he took a deep breath, ready to answer her question, Mihyun noticed how his eyes changed. Suddenly, they looked so wise, as if he had much experience in life, but at the same time they looked hardened.

 

“I don't think it'd be good to tell you about that.” It did hurt a bit to know that he didn’t trust her, but she knew that she wouldn’t trust her either. Still, the curiosity had won her over..

 

“I know that you don’t trust me.” She whispered. The disappointment was clearer to hear than she wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter