In the City

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan was wearing the same mask, he had worn last time. Mihyun's eyes were still round and she was unable to say something. Luhan, on the other hand, seemed to have recovered from the shock rather fast, since he comprehended the whole scene in less than three seconds. He grabbed Mihyun's hand and started running. 

 

It was hard to keep up with him, but Mihyun somehow managed to do it. He lead both of them into a very crowded main street. Since there were so many people, Mihyun's bodyguards seemed to have lost track of the two of them.

 

They turned into a smaller side street and, as Luhan suddenly stopped running, Mihyun bumped into him.

 

“Ahh.” She muttered, rubbing her forehead. It seemed like he was smiling a tiny little bit at that, and the tingling feeling overcame her again. But only for a few seconds because his face immediately went back to a serious one. He then let go of her hand and removed his mask.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked, eyeing Mihyun carefully. As their eyes met, she gulped. It was completely irrelevant, but just at that moment his eyes seemed too fascinating.

The longer she stared at them, the more captivating they became. Brown was a quite ordinary eye-color, but his seemed so special. They looked like a deer's - soft and warm, yet there was some kind of coldness in them.

 

“Are you listening to me?” He raised his brows and Mihyun quickly snapped out of it.

 

“I am listening, it's just I don’t know.. I just ran away...” She mumbled, avoiding his gaze.

 

“Whatever your reason is, you should go home soon, it's getting dark and it seems like you don’t know much about the city, which makes you an easy victim for thieves.”

 

“I do know quite a lot about the city.” She quickly defended herself.

 

He was right, though. She didn’t know anything about the city. Sure, she knew about its' economical status, the richest companies and all the things she was taught, but she knew nothing about the real city. How the streets looked like, where the stores were, nothing. The only way she knew, was the way to the car and the way back to the car from school.

 

“Besides, I don't want to go home.” She unconsciously whispered and looked to the ground. As soon as the words left , her eyes widened. She must have sounded like a spoiled bratty heiress that was refusing to go home, and the worst part was, it was almost true.

 

“Why don’t you want to go home?” Luhan raised his eyebrows.

 

“It's just- why should I even tell you? I don’t have to justify myself for not wanting to go home.” Mihyun probably sounded like the cold and spoiled heiress again, even though she didn’t even want to. It seemed the way the words came out of and the way her facial expression looked like, were never like she wanted them to be.

 

“No one said something about justifying yourself and it's not my business anyway, so if you excuse me, I'm going to leave now.” He said and walked past Mihyun.

 

“Ah," Luhan cleared his throat. "Um... Thanks for the antibiotics.” He turned around, smiled and her heart seemed to stopped. It wasn’t a small smile, it wasn’t his faux smile either. It was a big and real smile. His real smile was probably the most beautiful smile that Mihyun had ever seen. 

 

“Wait! Can I accompany you?” She unconsciously called out. had reacted faster than her brain, and she quickly covered . What did I just do?

 

Luhan looked at Mihyun for a while before letting out a sigh.

 

“I still owe you because of the medicine, so... okay.” He smiled lightly and the embarrassment over what she had done immediately disappeared. Without a warning, he walked away and Mihyun quickly followed him. Suddenly she remembered something very important. Her phone. She quickly turned it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter