Confusion

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nervously clenching the doorknob, Mihyun opened the door and she and Xinghan entered the circus. The warm temperature welcomed them, being a strong contrast to the dry, biting wind from outside.

 

Xinghan half-heartedly looked around, desperately trying to distract himself from the many images – memories – flooding his mind, appearing in front of his inner eye. The two of them slowly went to the audience's seats and as Xinghan sat down, Mihyun excused herself. She firstly pondered whether to take Xinghan with her to the EXO member. But eventually she decided against it, and went alone.

 

She walked past Kai, Xiumin and Suho, greeted them and headed to the changing room, Luhan always occupied. As she was about to open the door, a hand stopped her. Sehun's hand. The lass looked up, surprised.

 

“I wouldn’t go in if I were you.” The male in front of her said. Mihyun frowned. “Why?” Sehun looked at the door with an empty gaze.

 

“Today is the one day of a year Luhan Hyung becomes very...” He stopped and searched for the fitting word. “Weird.” Sehun took a few steps to the side.

 

“We don’t know what's wrong with him, he won’t tell us. Over the years he always locked himself in a room unless he has to come out. Even when he's out of the room, performing, he doesn’t say a word.” Sehun mumbled, and it seemed like he was talking to himself more than to Mihyun.

 

When the lass tapped his shoulder, he snapped back to reality. She looked at him quite shocked. Luhan locked himself up? But why, Mihyun thought worriedly. “Oh, but don’t worry. Tomorrow Hyung is going to be normal again.” He smiled lightly, as if to reassure Mihyun after he had seen her worried expression.

 

His gaze became far looking away again. “It always lasts only one day. Always the same day. Every year on the twenty-ninth September.” And with that he had to go because the director was calling him.

 

Mihyun was left dumbfounded. Luhan acted weird today? Every year? She immediately thought of the birthday Luhan mentioned the day before. He had looked so distracted yesterday. And Mihyun perfectly remembered the one moment in the park Luhan had looked so sad and vulnerable.

 

Instinctively she pushed down the doorknob to the room, only to assess that the door was locked, just as Sehun said. She softly knocked at the door. “Luhan?” But there was no answer.

 

“It's me, Mihyun.” Still no answer. The girl frowned and knocked one last time, but this time strongly and loudly. But nothing happened, and she decided to go back. After taking several steps away from the room, she threw a worried look to the door.

 

She made a mental note to talk to Luhan as soon she'd see him today.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter