Birthday Fete V.

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun's eyes widened, it took her a while to snap back to reality. She bit Joohun's lip hard, and as soon as she could taste his blood, he roughly pushed her away. The lass drew in a sharp breath and turned her face, processing what just happened.

 

She was burning with fury, her eyes sharp as blades. But Joohun only wiped the blood on his lips away and smirked, amused by how helpless the heiress was right at the moment. When he leaned closer again, Mihyun squinted her eyes and shook her head wildly. Then he grabbed her by her chin and used more force to press her against the wall.

 

“Stop it-” She screamed but suddenly the force disappeared, as well as Joohun's hand, she stumbled away from the wall. Panting heavily, she crouched and faced the ground. A groan could be heard, and Mihyun looked up.

 

The relief she could feel was indescribable. For a short moment the fury was gone.

 

Luhan! her inner voice yelled.

 

Luhan rammed his fist into Joohun's face before the latter could recognize him. The punch was hard, Luhan put all his strength into it. Slightly hazy, Joohun raised his arms in a self-protective manner. Without to look up – his nose still hurt too much from Luhan's punch – he threw his fist in the air. The other male didn’t even have to dodge because the punch was so aimless and weak. Deciding to end it quickly, he hit Joohun's neck and punched him in the stomach. The latter collapsed in a heap.

 

Luhan turned around to Mihyun who was looking at him with wide eyes, still some blood on her lips. He carefully took Mihyun's arm and pushed her loose hair strands behind her ear. “Are you okay?” The lad softly asked her. Then he laid an arm around her and led her to the end of the corridor, still his movements so careful as though Mihyun was going to break in his hands.

 

The lass frowned at his carefulness, but just kept quiet and followed him. Even if she wanted to say something, at the moment she couldn’t do anything but stare at Luhan. He always managed to save her.

 

After some time Luhan just stopped walking – Mihyun didn’t know how much they walked or where they were in the huge mansion, and she didn’t care. The only thought occupying her mind was that Luhan was next to her.

 

As Luhan finally noticed the blood on Mihyun's lips, he clenched his fists. “So that bastard hurt you.” He muttered to himself. Mihyun caught it and shook her head lightly. “No, that's not my blood. I bit him.”

 

Luhan constantly had to tell himself to keep calm, but it was extremely hard when all the time his mind was imagining how Joohun kissed Mihyun. His gaze still lingering on her lips, he raised his hand. The lad gently wiped the blood from her lips, his finger was warm and soft.

 

“Was that your first kiss?” The question slipped out before he could even comprehend what happened. Mihyun didn’t know what to answer. She impalpably tilted her head and nodded.

 

Stolen by that bastard, Luhan angrily thought, his fist clenching unconsciously again. Instinctively, he took Mihyun's hand. “Does it bother you?” He slowly asked. He didn’t know why he was asking, the questions just came and slipped. No wall holding them back. He couldn’t even control it.

 

“What?” Mihyun frowned, watching as his fingers traced lines on her palm. Luhan silently breathed in. “That that bastard stole...” He stopped – there was no need to say anything else. He looked up, surprised that Mihyun's hand suddenly clenched into a fist.

 

“Yes.” Her voice sounded sharp and cold, but also hurt. Luhan unconsciously closed his eyes upon hearing her voice. When he opened them again, he could see her fist trembling slightly, and Luhan gently took her fist and opened it, finger for finger. The gentleness felt so soothing, and was exactly what Mihyun needed right now.

 

Suddenly he pulled her by her hand, softly though, making them face each other. Mihyun gasped – his face was only one inch from hers. She her lower lips when she felt his breath tickle her lips.

 

Luhan leaned even closer, and instinctively Mihyun closed her eyes. His lips touched hers, reluctantly and gently at first, but becoming more daring with every second. Everything Mihyun could hear was the clear and loud pounding of her heart, echoing in her mind. Everything she could feel was the softness of his lips, like a rose petal.

 

As the softness left her lips, Mihyun had to hold back the urge to seek it again. Luhan gently touched her cheek with his palm. “Just think of this one as your first kiss.” He whispered, smiling gently.

 

Dazed by his eyes, that seem to have cast a spell on Mihyun, she whispered back, “I will.”

 

 

As one thought crossed her mind, Mihyun snapped back to reality. Luhan had also kissed the princess. And the lass couldn’t help but think that kisses were nothing to him. He kissed the crown princess on a whim – at least Mihyun thought so –, he kissed her just because she said that it bothered her that Joohun was her first kiss... He'd probably kiss anyone, she thought, her heart sagging a bit.

 

But what did she expect? As someone who always had to kiss some girls in his job, of course a kiss wouldn’t be special for him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter