Couple Costume

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun was still staring at Luhan, aghast. Just what was he doing here?

 

Shouldn’t he be eating? She gulped, realizing that she was still wearing the princess dress. Her cheeks flushed bright red in embarrassment and quickly stepped backwards, attempting to hide behind the changing curtain. But Luhan's hand stopped her from doing so.

 

He had grabbed Mihyun's wrist and her attention snapped up to his face. She noticed his intense gaze lingering on the dress and then slowly going up to her face. She gulped when their eyes finally met. It was silent, and the heat in her cheeks didn’t go away because Luhan was still looking at her intently.

 

“Mihyun, are you trying to seduce someone?” He asked, totally serious, and his voice sounded so... threatening.

 

Mihyun's eyebrows creased, “W-what?” Her voice cracked. She saw Luhan shake his head before looking away.

 

“Put something on, it's cold.” He said, still looking away and Mihyun swore that she saw his cheeks redden a tiny little bit. Was he blushing? She wasn’t sure if it was just her imagination, but the thought of Luhan blushing made her somehow happy.

 

“Uh, yes.” Mihyun immediately grabbed her school uniform's jacket and put it on. Clearing , Mihyun stepped forward, “Er, what are you doing here? I thought you guys were eating.” She asked, mumbling the last part.

 

“I thought you were hungry, so I brought something.” Luhan smiled, holding up a bun.

 

“But I already said I'm not hungry, so there's really no need.” Mihyun protested as she waved her hands. Suddenly her stomach let out a loud growl, and of panic Mihyun just started to cough randomly, attempting to drown the noise.

 

Luhan had heard the growl, and immediately saw through her faked coughs. He chuckled lightly before handing her the bun.

 

“Your tummy is telling me otherwise.” His smile changed into a smirk.

 

Mihyun looked at the bun, not wanting to eat it because it was his ration. To her misfortune, Luhan caught her looking at the bun and his expression told Mihyun that he misunderstood something.

 

“I know it's not as good as the food you usually eat, but we don't have something bette-” He started to say, but Mihyun immediately interrupted him, “What? No! No! It's more than enough! I just didn’t want to eat because you guys only have so small rations, and if you shared it with me, what would be left for you?”

 

From the corner of her eye, she saw Luhan's eyes widen a bit. “That's why you didn’t want to eat?” Luhan asked, his voice clearly showing how surprised he was. Mihyun timidly nodded, biting her lower lip.

 

“And since you have to perform, you must be much more hungry than me.” Mumbling, Mihyun gave him the bun back. Her tummy growled again and she almost cursed out loud.

 

“I think you are much more hungry than me.” Luhan said and Mihyun looked up, only to see how soft his gaze was right now. His deer eyes were looking at her so softly that her heart was melting at its' very sight.

 

“No, you need it more than I do.” Mihyun stated and pushed the bun, that he had just handed her again, back into his hand.

 

“It's not my tummy that's growling.” Luhan patted his stomach.

 

“But-”

 

“Eat.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No!”

 

“YES!”

 

A chuckle escaped Mihyun's lips and she could see Luhan's lips curling into a smile as well.

 

“I guess, this will get us nowhere.” She said under her laugh before taking the bun and halving it. As she handed him one half, she noticed that he was still looking at her so... softly. There was something in his gaze that Mihyun couldn’t describe.

 

“You thought, that I didn’t want to eat because I didn’t want to eat that kind of 'normal' food because I'm from a rich family, didn’t you?” Mihyun couldn’t help but ask this question. She was quite sure that he thought like this about her - and more than anything, she wanted to prove Luhan that she wasn’t a spoiled, rich brat who thought sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter