Looking for Him

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Many minutes passed before the Mihyun and Xinghan finally calmed down, and the two of them just continued to stay in their positions silently. After a while Mihyun softly asked, "May I know whose birthday made you so sad that day?" And Luhan, she mentally added. She really wanted to know whose birthday could make the two of them so sad.

"Our mother's."

 

-

 

A heavy sigh leaving her lips, Mihyun closed the door to Xinghan's room. After staying inside for what felt like eternity, silently comforting Xinghan and explaining him the reason Luhan never came back was her father's life contract, she just had to get out of he mansion.

 

Mihyun's whole body was itching to run outside and to look for Luhan. She wanted to find him so much, she wanted to hug him so dearly. She told her driver who had been waiting in the car the whole time, to drive her to the circus.

 

The lass knew that she alone wouldn’t be able to find Luhan; she needed help. As she arrived at the circus, she immediately approached the director, who looked extremely stressed but Mihyun could care less about the said one's state.

 

“Luhan isn’t back yet. Why didn’t you send out someone to look for him?” She asked, not wasting any second as she immediately got to the point. There was no time to be wasted.

 

The director snorted at her question, turned around as some staff called him and after giving several instructions, he turned around again, facing Mihyun, an annoyed expression in his face.

 

“Little heiress. Don’t think that I have nothing to do but do your bidding.” He angrily said, again turning around and shouting something at some staff members.

 

“As you might have noticed, the whole economy is not very stable right now because of the riots and protests. And the circus – your circus – is also affected. Can't you see all the chaos right now?” He motioned her to look at the staff members running around and shouting. “Hence, I don’t have money to waste, especially not for a mere artist.” He snorted, walking away. His shouts towards the staff members echoed in the basement.

 

Mihyun blinked several times, digesting what just happened and eventually she left the basement and the circus. Once outside, the chilly air helped her gain a clear mind again.

 

She came to the conclusion that the director was right. The circus couldn’t possibly waste money on a mere artist, especially at such crucial times. But as much as the logical part inside her agreed with what the director said, her other part – the emotional part of her – just wanted to punch the director and yell at him, tell him how much Luhan needed comfort right now. How much she wanted to find him.

 

Mihyun stomped forward, kicking away the leafs that had fallen from the trees – by now all the trees leafless. What she thought next was close to being a miracle: she actually wished the circus would be back to being organized and strict, so that they could send out someone to look for Luhan. It was the first time in her whole life she wished for the chaos to disappear. She wanted the right order of everything back. But mostly she wanted Luhan to be back.

 

With a hiss, she stopped kicking the leaves away. Whining and complaining wouldn’t help her. If no one at the circus wanted to help her, she had to do it alone, whether she wanted to or not.

 

 

 

She was just about to run to her driver, yet her logical self stopped her. Wait, she thought, slowly turning around. Aimlessly looking for Luhan wouldn’t help at all. She needed a plan, structure, some kind of logic. Firstly she should look for the EXO members and ask about where they'd expect Luhan to be.

 

Determined, she walked back to the circus, ready to gather information.

 

“Sehun!” She called out, approaching the young male. He looked up, a sad expression on his face, but he tried to smile nonetheless. “Hey.”

 

“Can you help me quickly?” She asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter