Farewell

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Five days after Mihyun freed the captives, the fight over the political lead was finally over.

 

“The revolutionists won!” The news spread like wildfire. The revolutionists had won the fight over the leadership of the capital and the people, albeit only commoners were allowed to return to the city and the revolutionists were busy with the reformation of the law. A huge sigh of relief seemed to sweep over the city, but at the same time there was this small tingle of fear.

 

Would the lead of the revolutionists be better?

 

Mihyun, Luhan and the other artists left The Underground and while some went back to the circus, most went to see their families who they hadn't seen in years because of the life contracts with the circus. But now that the revolutionists won, the contracts were all invalid.

 

Mihyun pushed the door to the circus open. She drew in a sharp breath and turned her head slightly, facing Luhan, “Do you think the revolutionists will make the city better?” The male tilted his head and looked at the sky, which looked greyish. “I'm not sure. Judging from their ways of achieving the leadership, they're surely not saints either.” He slowly said.

 

The girl nodded her head at what he said and entered the circus. Luhan bumped into her as she suddenly stopped. Confused, he looked up and saw a figure standing a few meters in front of them. Drawing a sharp breath, he pulled Mihyun to him.

 

“Mihyun.” Her father slowly said. His eyes were bloodshot and the dark circles under them caused Mihyun not to recognize him for a second.

 

Luhan noticed how she stiffened. “Where have you been?” She asked, her voice so cold as if it was cutting the air. “There's no time for explanations. I came back for especially for you. I’ve prepared everything, now follow me and we'll start a new life.” He calmly said and reached out his hand.

 

“There is time. Now explain.” Mihyun demanded slowly. As Luhan noticed that her fist was slightly trembling, he wrapped his fingers around it. The trembling lessened underneath his warmth.

 

“I was busy for months because we all knew the revolution would happen. It was only a matter of time. And now everything is perfect. We will go to another country. Now come, daughter. Don't make me regret coming back to this goddamn city. I only went because I heard the captives fled.” While he spoke, Luhan noticed the similar monotonous tone in his voice Mihyun had when they first spoke with each other in the attic.

 

“You knew I was being hold captive and didn’t do anything to save me?” Mihyun stared at him disbelievingly. He gave her a sorry expression. “I couldn’t, or else they would have found out about what I prepared.”

 

Luhan watched as Mihyun took a few steps forward. He saw her nails dig into her palms as she walked forward. Step by step. His heart seemed to stop beating for a moment. Was Mihyun really returning to her father?

 

“My deepest apologies. You will regret coming back, because I won't leave this place with you,” She hissed. “I don’t know what made you think I'd go with you,” She slowly said, taking a deep breath. “I will stay here.”

 

Her father stepped forward, his gaze furious. “How dare you behave like this!? You ungrateful child!” He yelled and grabbed Mihyun's hand. Upon that, Luhan immediately shot forward and pulled Mihyun back. “If you dare to force her to go with you, I will make you regret it.” He hissed, laying an arm around Mihyun's shoulder protectively.

 

“I am ungrateful because you've been a terrible father!” Mihyun calmly retorted. “Me? Terrible?! Do you even know how wonderful your life was? Was there a singl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter