Rescued by Him

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His body felt so warm and comforting that Mihyun just wanted to stay like that forever. This feeling, this warmth, it felt great for her. He softly her back and her hair, as she silently sobbed into his chest. She didn’t want to look so weak, in fact, she hated being weak. But at that moment, it was just too much. 

Luhan continued to pat her back as her trembling slowly lessened. She regained her senses and pulled out of the hug which had felt like eternity.

 

She had expected the atmosphere to be very awkward after the hug, but the way Luhan smiled just melted her heart instead of making her feel uncomfortable. Mihyun just stared at his angelic smile for a while. It was his real smile again and her heart felt like it was about to burst.

 

How could a smile be so beautiful? Suddenly his smile transformed into a smirk.

 

“Seems like you always have to be rescued by me.” He raised his brows and his smirk grew wider. She opened to answer, but closed it again. He was right, and she couldn’t argue about that. No matter how much she hated being the damsel in distress...

 

Mihyun noticed the man lying on the ground, looking lifelessly. Gulping, she turned to Luhan again.

 

“What did you do to him? Is he dead?” Her voice was almost inaudible. He gave her a small smile.

 

“Don't worry, I didn’t kill him, just made him unconscious.” He shrugged his shoulders, making it sound like it was no big deal. Mihyun, on the other hand, stood there with open. Remembering how Luhan had fought earlier, she realized that Luhan must have had quite a lot experience in it. It seemed like he was very good at it.

 

Something in her came to the conclusion that he was more than he seemed to be. More dangerous. More mysterious. And that just made Mihyun more curious.

 

“How did you make him unconscious?” She asked, her eyes widening in curiosity as she leaned over to the man on the ground. Just as she had asked the question, several other questions popped into her mind.

 

“How did you even know that I was being chased by hi-”

 

Suddenly Luhan grabbed her hand, pulling her away from the man. She quickly stumbled next to Luhan, as he quickened his pace.

 

“I'll explain that later. First, we have to get away from here because he'll wake up soon.” He said firmly and she nodded, quickening her pace as well.

 

As they were about twenty meters away from the man, Mihyun asked Luhan again. He told her that he knew a technique to make people unconscious for a while. It was a special point on the neck. Fascinated, she nodded as he explained. 

 

“Never thought a mistress would be interested in things like this.” He smiled as she shrugged her shoulders.

 

“You still haven't told me how you knew that I was being chased.” She frowned, eyeing him. Now it was his turn to shrug his shoulders.

 

“Just a feeling. Call it male instinct.” He smirked and she was silently counting how many times he had smirked today. The Luhan today seemed so different; when she usually saw him on-stage he never looked so playful, but right now he was almost cheeky. His cheekiness was different, but not in a bad way. Instead it made Mihyun's heart beat even louder and faster.

 

The fact that she noticed she was still holding his hand, didn’t help her heart. She bit her lip, trying hard not to show her wide smile. She didn’t know why, but Luhan's presence just made her smile like an idiot.

 

He suddenly let go of Mihyun's hand and she felt a strong urge to grab his hand again. Slightly disappointed, she looked up to him, just to realize that they were standing in front of her house. Again, she was surprised by how fast time passed when she walked with Luhan. Whenever she thought that they had just walked a bit, she'd look up and realize that they already arrived at the destination.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter