The Past

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“H-He is an artist in my father's circus, and we're friends.” Mihyun said, annoyed that she stuttered. Xinghan leaned over to her, watching her precisely. It was silent for a while, and the girl and the boy stared at each other.

 

“Just go.” Xinghan sighed, pointing to the door.

 

Mihyun scrunched her nose. “I won't go.” She had calmed down a bit and stepped away from the door, more confident.

 

“Tell me about Luhan and you first.” She took a deep breath, still walking away until she brought a good distance between her and Xinghan. The latter frowned. “Why should I?” He asked coldly.

 

“Because I'm worried about him!” Mihyun almost screeched. And once she started, she couldn’t stop anymore. Her worries and her thoughts just spouted out of .

 

“It's been one week and Luhan still hasn't returned. He looked so sad and right now he's probably somewhere in the city, alone. I know there is something that bothers him very much,” She stopped and inhaled. “Is it wrong that I want to know what's wrong with him?!”

 

Xinghan blinked, taken aback by Mihyun's small sudden outburst. He then thought for a while before sighing in a seemingly bitter manner. “Even if I told you, you wouldn’t understand us anyway.” He muttered, looking at her with an empty gaze.

 

“No one in this damn world understands us. Why should I even bother to talk about it, when nothing's going to change?” He asked, his voice bitter. Unconsciously, he had clenched his fist. Suddenly he felt someone hit the back of his head.

 

Rubbing his head, he groaned, “Ah! Wha– “

 

“Do you think something is going to change when you say nothing?!” Mihyun yelled at him, her eyes burning into his mind.

 

“How do you know that people won't understand? Why don’t you try?” She stomped forward. “Keeping quiet about your problems won't help you! Maybe there will be someone who understands you.” Grabbing his arm, she locked her eyes with his. “I don't know if I can understand, but I definitely want to.” She whispered the last sentence.

 

Xinghan watched her with wide eyes. “Why?” He asked, his voice almost inaudible.

 

“Because I'm worried,” She swallowed, “about Luhan and also about you.” Xinghan bit his lower lip and sat on his bed. He stayed silent for a while, minutes passed and he just stared at the blanket that was lying on his bed.

 

“Okay.” He softly said.

 

Mihyun instinctively walked closer to his bed and sat down on the corner of it.

 

“My family was a prestigious one in China – our company was one of the more powerful ones. My father took over the company after he married my mother, so he wasn't the directly the heir. Everything went well, they had Luhan, our sister, Fei, and me. But one day my father started to beat my mother up. I don’t know if it was because he was drunk or if it was simply the stress. At that time I was five, Luhan nine and our sister eight. And for four years it went on like that. I know that Luhan got beaten up too because he always tried to help mother. My father would always yell that it was his biggest mistake to marry my mother and take over this business. He would always throw things at us. Once he threw a wine bottle at Luhan – I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter